Mock
+your daily weather report+ - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Personal Member Bullshit (https://mockforums.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Daily Greeting BS (https://mockforums.net/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: +your daily weather report+ (/thread-4128.html)

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Duchess - 10-22-2014

It was raining when I got up and it's still raining 12 hrs. later. A squirrel ran out in front of me and I applied the brakes too hard on wet leaves and did half a donut. It made my liver quiver.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Carsman - 10-22-2014

(10-22-2014, 04:08 PM)Duchess Wrote:

It was raining when I got up and it's still raining 12 hrs. later. A squirrel ran out in front of me and I applied the brakes too hard on wet leaves and did half a donut. It made my liver quiver.

I never risk my life for a squirrel. I'll slow down, lay on the horn, and give the fucker a chance so scurry away, but never will jam on the brakes! (Dog or cat, deer, yeah, squirrel. no) The end.

I did not jam them on, I applied too much pressure. Dramaqueen

(10-22-2014, 05:03 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I did not jam them on, I applied too much pressure. Dramaqueen

Too much pressure, is jam. hah Doesn't you car have ABS?

I was asked that after relaying the story the first time. When I responded yes, he told me that shouldn't have happened.

(10-22-2014, 05:11 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I was asked that after relaying the story the first time. When I responded yes, he told me that shouldn't have happened.

That's true.
You may want to have that checked out by your car's dealership service dept.

It was like being on a magic carpet ride, Cars. I figure I hydroplaned on wet leaves. Har Har

You just know they'll tell me user error or some kind of shit like that.

(10-22-2014, 07:07 PM)Duchess Wrote:

It was like being on a magic carpet ride, Cars. I figure I hydroplaned on wet leaves. Har Har

You just know they'll tell me user error or some kind of shit like that.

All because of that dammed squirrel! hah

Wow, it's howling like a freight train out there, with driving rain right now!

I think you're getting what went through here. Thank FQ2, it's all her fault.

Hey Cars, I'm looking at the radar & we're in a nor'easter. You're at the top and I'm at the bottom and it just keeps rotating. We are damn lucky it's so warm!

(10-22-2014, 08:12 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Hey Cars, I'm looking at the radar & we're in a nor'easter. You're at the top and I'm at the bottom and it just keeps rotating. We are damn lucky it's so warm!

Still roarin/rainin out there, and we are lucky that it is 49 degrees.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - ramseycat - 10-23-2014

It's cold.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Maggot - 10-23-2014

Wet leaves are like ice. When I'm on them I treat it so. at the end of one of the hills I go on there is a big pile-up of leaves because the wind likes to put them there. I sometimes start sliding out into the cross street so I cut my wheels towards the big oak tree there or the stop sign.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Duchess - 10-23-2014

No one can explain why that happened to me as I have front wheel drive as well. I couldn't even recreate how I managed it, I could barely do anything more than a pathetically small fish tail if it could even be termed that. It was like the leaves lifted me up and did it on their own. 78

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Carsman - 10-23-2014

(10-23-2014, 11:16 AM)Duchess Wrote:

No one can explain why that happened to me as I have front wheel drive as well. I couldn't even recreate how I managed it, I could barely do anything more than a pathetically small fish tail if it could even be termed that. It was like the leaves lifted me up and did it on their own. 78

FWD does not "stop" sliding on leaves/ice/snow. FWD is good for start up traction.
Same apply's to 4WD's slipping and sliding. I used to pass a collision shop in the winter, and after every snow/ice storm, the lot in front of the shop was filled with 4WD's all smashed up. 4WD's have great traction in ice/snow, but they slip & slide just like regular car's/trucks trying to stop fast on ice. (ABS can only do so much)

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Duchess - 10-30-2014

It's so foggy out right now I can't even see the garden wall and it's only a matter of feet away in a well lit area. Spooooooky.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - sally - 11-01-2014

First cold day of the year, everyone you see is dressed like they're in an Alaskan snow storm.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Duchess - 11-01-2014

It's chilly up & down the East Coast today. It snowed in the Carolinas, I can't recall which one. Ugh.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Midwest Spy - 11-01-2014

23F this morning here.