Mock
the CRANBERRY thread! - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SOUP CHICKEN KITCHEN (https://mockforums.net/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: the CRANBERRY thread! (/thread-4269.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

the CRANBERRY thread! - Lady Cop - 09-29-2010

it's time for my annual cranberry thread! i know you've anticipated this all summer! 113 Woo
well you don't have to wait any longer! YAY! i've been doing the cranberry thread every year for....well...uh....YEARS! 43
17 19

see that canned shit...NO NO NO NO! Stop here

the bogs are red, and the growers are flooding them for wet picking. it's a brilliant and colorful harvest~~
and who doesn't love the Ocean Spray Cranberry ads with those two guys? :bricking:

RE: the CRANBERRY thread! YAY! - QueenBee - 09-29-2010

Notworthy Oh look..it's October. Wherever does the time go.

RE: the CRANBERRY thread! YAY! - Lady Cop - 09-29-2010

the native American Indians called the berries CRANE berries because the flower looked like a crane (below)

laws were enacted about picking.

The Indians taught the pilgrims how to harvest the cranberries by hand. This was soon improved upon with the invention of a rake-toothed wooden tool known as a cranberry scoop. Since no one owned the vines, laws had to be enacted in Massachusetts.

“Any person should be found getting cranberries before ye twentyeth of September exceeding one quart should be liable to pay one dollar and have the berrys taken away.”

the scoop below was the old method.

the Indians were a lot brighter than the Pilgrims, and taught them to use the berries. so the Pilgrims invited them to Thanksgiving dinner and they did NOT serve that canned shit. (history by LC. hah )

fresh cranberries freeze really well, just buy some extra bags and throw them in the freezer.
here's some cranberry nut bread, serve warm with butter...yummy!

CLASSIC CRANBERRY NUT BREAD

INGREDIENTS:

2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 12 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
12 teaspoon baking soda
34 cup orange juice
1 tablespoon grated orange peel
2 tablespoons shortening
1 egg, well beaten
1 12 cups fresh Cranberries, coarsely chopped
12 cup chopped nuts (i use walnuts)

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.

Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a medium mixing bowl. Stir in orange juice, orange peel, shortening and egg. Mix until well blended. Stir in cranberries and nuts. Spread evenly in loaf pan.

Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely. Wrap and store overnight. Makes 1 loaf (16 slices).

get some ocean spray cranberry juice. (it prevents and cures urinary tract infections. it's good for you.)
then get some Finlandia vodka. keep it icy cold in freezer.
mix them together.
that's a cape-codder. 17

RE: the CRANBERRY thread! - QueenBee - 09-29-2010

I will have to say, LC, that if it were not for your push, I would not have even considered making cranberry sauce from fresh. It was no where near as hard as I was imagining. And I actually liked them, the only thing I need to work out is adjusting the sugar in it...they were a bit too tart, but still OK.

RE: the CRANBERRY thread! - Lady Cop - 09-30-2010

when my kids were little they tracked cranberries in the house instead of mud. the big berry-laden trucks rolled down the street spilling berries all over the road. try to get damn cranberries out of your carpets!
but in the winter the flooded bogs were perfect for ice-skating. it was idyllic...a frozen bog, skate all day, then come home and sit by a fire with some hot chocolate...great memories of a New England childhood.

RE: the CRANBERRY thread! - Middle Finger - 09-30-2010

I love the cranberry stuff you post, actually. Eat them pure and raw, my friends.

RE: the CRANBERRY thread! - Lady Cop - 10-05-2010

it's time for the cranberry festival at Edaville Railroad...visit and ride an old steam train through the bogs, then stay for the 7 million holiday lights!
i loved this old place, i lived near it when my kids were little, and they couldn't wait to go ride the train~~fun nights freezing our butts off heralded Christmas to come!

RE: the CRANBERRY thread! - Duchess - 10-05-2010

As a kid I always thought that Halloween was the unofficial start of the holiday season & not much has changed. I just won't be jonesin' for snow to go along with it as I normally would be doing. All the fucking snow last winter traumatized me.

RE: the CRANBERRY thread! - QueenBee - 10-05-2010

I do not really have a lot to add to te cranberry thread right now, but I would like to mention I bought a big ole bag of Craisins the other day. Put some in a salad I made for dinner tonigt. Nice color and flavor.

RE: the CRANBERRY thread! - Maggot - 10-05-2010

So what goes good with Cranberries? Smiley_emoticons_smile

(10-05-2010, 09:28 PM)QueenBee Wrote: I do not really have a lot to add to te cranberry thread right now, but I would like to mention I bought a big ole bag of Craisins the other day. Put some in a salad I made for dinner tonigt. Nice color and flavor.

What?................what! WHAT?

RE: the CRANBERRY thread! - QueenBee - 10-05-2010

Oh, Maggoty one..didn't I write that big and bright enough for your poor old eyes? What part of I bought a bag of Craisins and put some in a salad was hard to figure out? This IS LC's damn cranberry thread for gawd sake.

Twat Catfight

Well for one thing............WTF is a craisin and for another thing.......rinse & repeat, yes .........blow your nose, booger bitch, its gonna be O.K.

RE: the CRANBERRY thread! - QueenBee - 10-06-2010

OK, Maggot-breath, pay attention. You know raisins right? Dried up grapes? A Craisin is the same thing..only it is a dried up cranberry. Get it?

[Image: 12oz_craisins.jpg]

RE: the CRANBERRY thread! - Lady Cop - 10-10-2010

great aerial shot of local harvest~~

RE: the CRANBERRY thread! - Maggot - 10-10-2010

Does Hungary have cranberries?

RE: the CRANBERRY thread! - Lady Cop - 10-13-2010

locals enjoying the harvest~~

RE: the CRANBERRY thread! - Maggot - 10-13-2010

Freakin ducks!...........they will swim in anything. Hey!........I got a bag of those stupid craisins..........They are OK ........I suppose. But would maybe be better dipped in chocolate.