Mock
Zahra Baker, a murdered child - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: Zahra Baker, a murdered child (/thread-4310.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: Zahra Baker, a murdered child - BlueTiki - 12-04-2010

I like simple. I am a simpleton.

Adam and Elisa Baker failed to protect a child in their custody and now she is dead.

The alleged involvement of others and the malfunction of governmental agencies do not mitigate the Baker’s failure to protect this child.

They are guilty of failing to protect this child and now she is dead.

Simple.

Mercy? No.

Simple.

RE: Zahra Baker, a murdered child - Duchess - 12-04-2010

I enjoy your mind, Tiki.

RE: Zahra Baker, a murdered child - Lady Cop - 12-04-2010

i would add to what Tiki said.
yes they failed. miserably. but that's a sin of omission. they did much more than fail. that's almost 'benign', like neglect.
they actively participated in her death and disposal like garbage. they tore her to pieces and fed her to wild animals.
even if they "found her dead" (from WHAT?) as claimed by elisa, that does not negate the pure evil of dishonoring her humanity and soul. cancer defiled her perfect body and necessitated the amputation of her leg. and then the one(s) who were supposed to love her defiled her body again.
butchery.
that is much more than failure.

(12-04-2010, 02:56 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: they actively participated in her death and disposal like garbage. they tore her to pieces and fed her to wild animals.
. . . the one(s) who were supposed to love her defiled her body again.
butchery.
that is much more than failure.

And these are the simple truths that will determine their fate.

Each horror adds to the base charge of failing to keep this child safe.

More horrors equal more punishment.

Simple.

and unfortunately, punishment meted out may well be by the universe and not the courts.

monday's Grand Jury is going to tell that tale as far as i'm concerned. will anyone be indicted for murder? i have my concerns about that question.

RE: Zahra Baker, a murdered child - Duchess - 12-04-2010

That sounds foreboding.

(12-04-2010, 03:11 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: and unfortunately, punishment meted out may well be by the universe and not the courts.

monday's Grand Jury is going to tell that tale as far as i'm concerned. will anyone be indicted for murder? i have my concerns about that question.

I, too, have my doubts.

If I was prosecuting this case, the failure to protect this child would be the foundation.

Imagine getting "Ma" Baker on the stand and asking this question:

"Did your son, Adam, protect Zahra and keep her from harm?"

Her answer doesn't matter.

Just show a picture of Zahra's remains to the jury.

the DA came out today to clarify.

WCNC
HICKORY, N.C.-- The prosecutor involved in the Zahra Baker case has indicated that the death penalty and first-degree murder charges are not off the table as possible punishments if the Hickory girl is found to have been murdered.

"We're under no obligation not to pursue capital murder charges or first-degree murder charges against any individual if there is sufficient and credible evidence to prove that Zahra Baker was murdered by that individual," District Attorney James Gaither Jr. told the Observer on Saturday.

and therein lies the rub...proving she was murdered and who did it.

(12-04-2010, 10:22 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: and therein lies the rub...proving she was murdered and who did it.

I hope that the DA has a full-time team investigating and proving that Zahra died of natural causes.

No natural cause should be discounted without exhaustive and extensive study.

The ME’s report will automatically be challenged, by the defense, if COD is homicide.

Prepared lawyers win cases.

RE: Zahra Baker, a murdered child - Tammy75 - 12-05-2010

(12-03-2010, 05:31 PM)Moonsmuse Wrote: These counties are in the foothills, almost in the mountains. The same mountains that prompted Nascar to be formed. There is a small town named Casar (named after Julius Caesar and someone mispelled it) where it is common knowledge that black people are not welcome there. And very few live in the town, maybe around the outskirts and that's just been 'allowed' within the last decade or so.

There was a sign on the main highway that said NO ____ ALLOWED. The people that lived along that highway would SHOOT at blacks traveling the road. This went on for decades and the cops knew it and couldn't do anything about it. There was many local news stories that covered it. Finally, someone made them take the sign down (I lost touch with the news industry during that time) but...the shooting at cars still happens.

Casar is in Cleveland County. Moving north from Cleveland there's Burke/Catawba and other surrounding counties where this is all playing out. There is still vigilante justice (and injustice) in the south. At least in this part of the south.

I am taking TOTAL offense with this and your last post! I was born and raised and have lived here all my life. I have YET to meet someone who does not have power, I have many friends that live in Casar(which happens to be over 30 miles away anyway), including Black people and have never once heard of that sign you speak of. I have never once seen a cross burning. I have never seen this vigilante stuff you think you know about. And I was also born and raised a COP's daughter so I have heard it all.

Please don't take it upon yourself to generalize the few that are in every town, every city and every state in the USA and have nothing at all to do with this.

RE: Zahra Baker, a murdered child - Lady Cop - 12-05-2010

i think the South of today could be an interesting (and possibly heated!) topic all by itself in a separate thread. Awink

RE: Zahra Baker, a murdered child - Duchess - 12-05-2010

Heated topics are a very good thing! :B

RE: Zahra Baker, a murdered child - IMaDick - 12-05-2010

I had past relatives die in andersonville, the south may want to cool it's jets.

RE: Zahra Baker, a murdered child - TheWindsofTara - 12-05-2010

Well said Lady Cop.....something l am also very well versed in...
"The WorldPlatform"....."Heated".....is only putting it mildly...and this comes from a defender of America...however...Facts are Facts..
Because l am in the future l have to wait until early hours Tuesday to find out what this Grand Jury comes up with....Signs_173

Peace and Blessings
Winds of Tara

eerrr Lady Cop....why do l have a Warning Level?....Smiley_emoticons_shocked

Peace and Blessings
Winds of Tara

RE: Zahra Baker, a murdered child - Duchess - 12-05-2010

(12-05-2010, 09:06 AM)TheWindsofTara Wrote: eerrr Lady Cop....why do l have a Warning Level?....Smiley_emoticons_shocked

I know this isn't directed at me but I'm going to answer anyway.

I don't see that you have a warning level above 0%. Once it goes above that you'll be able to see an explanation as to why you've been warned. Every Mocker has the capability to warn another Mocker.

Oh Ta Duchess....Dopey me.....just making my way around....don't want to get shot or anything....Notworthy...oooo got spoken to by The Boss Notworthy

Peace and Blessings
Winds of Tara

(12-05-2010, 09:29 AM)TheWindsofTara Wrote: Oh Ta Duchess....Dopey me.....just making my way around....don't want to get shot or anything....Notworthy...oooo got spoken to by The Boss Notworthy

Peace and Blessings
Winds of Tara

Oh,Hell. Duchess I know a doctor that can remove that growth.

feel free to split these posts out to the right forum for them, I really don't want to mess up LC thread, but it's coming.

Oh,Hell. Duchess I know a doctor that can remove that growth.

feel free to split these posts out to the right forum for them, I really don't want to mess up LC thread, but it's coming.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
l got my magnifying glass out amigo....lma lookin........l canna find anything....looking very hard....Oops....amigo....you mean lma dick...head....oops......sowwyAwink....my bad.....lost in translation.....Smiley_emoticons_bussi

Peace Mu Cha Cha
Winds of Tara Awink

(12-05-2010, 10:01 AM)TheWindsofTara Wrote: Oh,Hell. Duchess I know a doctor that can remove that growth.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
l got my magnifying glass out amigo....lma lookin........l canna find anything....looking very hard....Oops....amigo....you mean lma dick...head....oops......sowwyAwink....my bad.....lost in translation.....Smiley_emoticons_bussi

Peace Mu Cha Cha
Winds of Tara Awink

What I mean is your question belonged in the right forum not in the middle of this thread, you looked at me when you should have been looking for your own screw up.

There is a difference between being rude and inconsiderate and what we do here at Mock.

Don't crap in the serious threads.