Mock
Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children (/thread-4754.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - HairOfTheDog - 06-05-2014

MAN STABS TWO CHILDREN IN NEW YORK ELEVATOR -- PAROLEE SUSPECT APPREHENDED

[Image: child+stabbings+suspect.jpg]

Daniel St. Hubert (pictured right) had been arrested nine times in the past. He was released on parole in connection with a May 23rd domestic assault case. Nine days later, police believe he encountered 6-year-old Prince Joshua "PJ" Avitto and 7-year-old Mikayla Capers (pictured above) inside an elevator at a public housing complex in the New York City borough of Brooklyn.

Mayor Bill de Blasio said the two children were "on their way to get ice cream" at the time.

For reasons authorities haven't yet explained, the two children were stabbed -- both in the torso. PJ Avitto was transported to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Police initially said Mikayla was in critical condition. Speaking Wednesday about her current state, the mayor said, "She's doing much better. She's a strong young lady."

A Dura Edge knife believed to have been used in the attacks was recovered at the scene. A law enforcement official said Wednesday that DNA evidence from that knife helped police identify the suspect; Police Commissioner Bill Bratton, however, added later in the day that police "said nothing about DNA" while insisting forensic evidence more generally helped lead them to the suspect.

Full Story: http://edition.cnn.com/2014/06/04/justice/new-york-children-stabbed-elevator/
===============================

I hope police have solid evidence to put this guy away, for good this time.

RIP PJ Avitto. Really hoping Mikayla pulls through.

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - HairOfTheDog - 06-17-2014

Los Lunas Losers, Lunatics and Pieces of Shit

Last week, a woman named Jasmin Davis, 25, (no photo available) took her 8-month-old daughter to an emergency room in New Mexico. The baby girl's injuries prompted hospital workers to call police.

Jasmin originally told police that her daughter must have been injured by another child whom she was watching the previous day. That bullshit didn't fly.

Upon interrogation, Jasmin finally admitted that she'd been smoking meth at the Los Lunas Inn & Suites with her 27-year-old winner boyfriend, Julio Iturralde. (Iturralde pleaded no contest in 2009 to a negligent use of a deadly weapon charge. In 2007, he was charged with attempted murder but the case was dismissed, according to a state court website.)

Anyway.....back at the Los Lunas Inn, Julio reportedly locked Jasmin outta their room, raped the baby, and then let her back in. Jasmin claims she saw that her daughter had a lot of blood in her diaper, but Julio wouldn't let her get help for the baby.

Police interviewed residents and guests at the hotel and were told that they spoke to Davis that night and she never indicated that anything was wrong or asked them to seek help.

So, the baby is still in the hospital. She lost a lot of blood and may need reconstructive surgery on internal organs. 21

[Image: iturralde.jpg]
Julio Iturralde ^ is charged with criminal sexual penetration against a minor, child abuse, tampering with evidence, false imprisonment and failure to report child abuse. God, I hope he's kept behind bars for good this time.

Jasmin Davis was later arrested on suspicion of child abuse, tampering with evidence and conspiracy for allegedly not taking her child to the hospital for 18 hours and lying to responding officers about the case. I'd like to see her spend many years behind bars, at least until she's beyond child-bearing age.

So hoping this baby recovers well and is placed in a good home with loving people. Poor kid really got the bottom of the barrel when it comes to mothers.

Ref:
http://www.abqjournal.com/414622/abqnewsseeker/los-lunas-man-accused-of-raping-baby.html

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - Duchess - 06-17-2014

I could howl like a dog when I read some of these stories & I never fail to wonder how these pieces of shit are able to be blessed with children. DIE

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - HairOfTheDog - 07-08-2014

(06-17-2014, 12:59 PM)Duchess Wrote: I could howl like a dog when I read some of these stories & I never fail to wonder how these pieces of shit are able to be blessed with children. DIE

I know; it's hard following these cases sometimes. But, then, it's good that so many people care enough to feel the way you do -- it helps make it harder for people in this country to get away with treating kids like trash or neglecting them to death.

[Image: talaija-dorseyjpg-77bd7072f15478a9.jpg]
^ This 12-year-old girl, Talaija Dorsey, had a beautiful smile. She's dead -- murdered and tossed on the side of the highway in Louisiana.

St. James Parish sheriff Willie Martin was searching alone when he found Dorsey's body on Sunday -- 5 days after she was reported missing. "I took it personal," Martin said.

[Image: john-celestinejpg-60aebbce089d8258.jpg]
^ This piece of shit is John Celestine, 43. He was indicted today for Talaija's murder. Not much is available yet in terms of evidence. Talaija's body was badly decomposed; autopsy still underway.

Talaija's mom was engaged to Celestine for over 2 years and had known him for many more.

RIP Talaija Dorsey.

Refs:
http://www.nola.com/news/baton-rouge/index.ssf/2014/07/girl_found_dead_st_james_paris.html
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/body-of-missing-girl-12-found-mothers-fiance-suspected/

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - HairOfTheDog - 07-14-2014

BABY GABRIEL -- UPDATE

[Image: abc_baby_gabriel_johnson_02_100107_mn.jpg]

Elizabeth Johnson ended up serving 4.5 years in prison -- that' s all.

She was released from the Perryville Prison just a few minutes after midnight Friday. Johnson got into a black Range Rover that was driven off the prison grounds by her attorney, Mark Victor.

In 2012, an Arizona jury found her guilty of conspiracy to commit custodial interference, custodial interference and unlawful imprisonment in the December 2009 disappearance of her 8-month-old son, Gabriel. She'd taken Gabriel without telling her ex --the boy's father, Logan McQeary -- where she was going. She fled to Texas and told him on the phone that she'd killed Gabriel. Later, she told police that she'd given the baby to a couple in a Texas public park.

Gabriel has never been found. Elizabeth Johnson never gave authorities or Gabriel's father, Logan McQueary, any information that could help lead to the missing boy.

[Image: jack-and-tammi-smith-hair-down.jpg]

Elizabeth had promised to adopt Gabriel out to Tammi and Jack Smith (pictured above). They claimed that they thought the baby's father was an abuser, based on Elizabeth's stories.

Tammi Smith was later convicted of forgery and conspiracy for her part in trying to gain custody of Gabriel (without the father's knowledge/consent). She served 30 days in jail and remains on probation.

Her husband, who stood by her and proclaimed her innocence, died in a car crash Monday.

Source: http://www.kpho.com/story/25990997/elizabeth-johnson-to-be-released-from-prison

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - HairOfTheDog - 07-18-2014

[Image: 15422428-large.jpg]
RIP Janaya Thompson -- 5 years-old

At approximately 8:29 p.m. Wednesday, the Gulfport Police Department responded to The Palms Apartments located at 10471 Three Rivers Rd. in reference to a report of a missing child.

Thompson was last seen in the parking lot near her family's first-floor apartment, the family reported to police.

Hargrove said one of the canines from Gulf Coast Search & Rescue was given the scent of the young girl's clothing.

"They started to search near the apartments when the dog began to track, and it led up to the trailer," he said.

The Whitney Drive mobile home is located just north of their apartment complex.

"This tragedy has rocked the foundation of our community," Gulfport Mayor Billy Hewes said. "We have confidence in the compassion and professionalism of our police officers, and will devote all resources at our disposal to the solving of this crime.

Autopsy underway. No other details are being released at this time.

Full story: http://blog.gulflive.com/mississippi-press-news/2014/07/missing_5-year-old_gulfport_gi.html

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - HairOfTheDog - 07-20-2014

REPORTED KIDNAP VICTIM KILLED DURING POLICE SHOOT-OUT

[Image: article-2698753-1FCE09B200000578-86_636x382.jpg]
RIP Cadence Harris, 5

Cadence was killed Friday night during a police shoot out with her alleged abductor.

Kansas City, Kansas police first claimed that she had been shot by the suspect, Marcus McGowan.

[Image: Marcus_McGowin_Sized_1405811856190_69172...40_480.jpg]

McGowan ^ was shot by police and is in serious condition in the hospital but expected to pull through.

His grandmother claims that this was no abduction. According to her, Cadence and her mother lived with them -- Marcus considered the girl like his daughter. After some kind of domestic dispute on Friday night, the mother took off to call police and Marcus drove off with Cadence.

According to police, McGowan was chased and pinned at a construction site when he got out of the car and started shooting at police officers, who then returned fire.

Initially, police claimed that McGowan shot Cadence and that no police bullets had hit the suspect's car with the girl inside. That claim has since been walked back; the death of Cadence Harris is now under investigation by the Kansas Bureau of Investigations (KBI). There were dash cams on the police cars involved in the confrontation.

The KBI spokesman said it would be a complex and difficult investigation determining how Cadence died. I don't think so. Compare the bullets that took the girl's life to the police officers' weapons and the suspect's weapon -- not difficult.

Whoever ultimately shot and killed Cadence, she was another child caught in the middle of adult bullshit and lost her life as a result.

Ref:
http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article765157.html

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - SIXFOOTERsez - 07-20-2014

Nothing good comes from mudsharking

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - HairOfTheDog - 07-20-2014

Yeah, Six, your astute mudsharking comment and philosophy when it comes to crimes involving bi-racial couples is clear every single time you post it.

And spot on, too. I mean, it's not like crimes occur between couples and families of the same race or anything...

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - HairOfTheDog - 07-22-2014

Texas Mom Kills 4-Year-Old Daughter

[Image: n-STACIE-PARSONS-large.jpg]
25-year-old Stacie Parsons and 4-year-old Victoria Wyatt

Parson's husband and Victoria's father, Gary Wyatt Jr., says Stacie was always lashing out verbally and prone to angry outbursts. However, he said she was never physically abusive.

"She actually told me [weeks earlier] if I leave... she was gonna kill the baby," Gary Wyatt Jr. said. "That's just angry talk, I never thought for a second she'd actually do it." Now, he thinks he made a fatal mistake.

Wyatt threatened Parsons with divorce on Sunday night. Victoria was supposed to enroll in pre-school on Monday, so when he woke up to find Stacie and Victoria gone, he assumed they had just gone without him.

The family said they knew something was wrong when Parsons returned to the home seemingly without Victoria. Family friend Randy Dyess told the station he sensed something was amiss. "Something told me to open the trunk and there she was in a plastic bag... And I saw her little leg hanging out of that plastic bag," he said.

Dyess said he and Victoria's father pulled the girl's body from the trunk, tried to perform CPR and that water came out of her lungs.

Parsons's bond was set at $2 million Tuesday morning following her arraignment on the capital murder charge.

Story: http://www.americanownews.com/story/26072443/dad-4-year-olds-body-found-in-trunk-of-car
-----------------------------------------------------------------

When a parent says they're thinking about harming or killing their child, it needs to be taken seriously. I don't think it's anywhere near normal to think or say something like that, angry or not. What a shame that Parsons followed through on her threat.

RIP Victoria Wyatt.

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - HairOfTheDog - 08-15-2014

[Image: dow-linscott.jpg?w=640]
A New Hampshire man accused of inflicting a "reign of terror" on his girlfriend's 3-year-old son before fleeing to a Florida amusement park was sentenced Thursday to up to 67 years in prison on assault and other charges.

Roland Dow, 28, of Plaistow, was convicted in June of assaulting toddler James Nicholson, failing to get him medical help, coaching him to lie to a social worker and secretly recording the social worker's visit.

He and the boy's mother, Jessica Linscott, were arrested at the Universal Orlando Resort in November 2012, two weeks after leaving the toddler at a hospital with a brain injury, head-to-toe bruises and burns on his arm and hand.

Linscott pleaded guilty to child endangerment and witness tampering and is serving 2 12 to 7 years in prison. Dow, who was convicted of 11 charges and acquitted of burning the boy, was sentenced to 25 ½ to 67 years in Rockingham County Superior Court.

Although Linscott admitted spanking her son and participating in other harsh punishments, she also testified that Dow abused her and treated her son "worse than a dog you don't want." (HOTD: and then she deserted her almost-dead son to go with Dow to Universal Studios. Shut up, bitch.)

Jurors viewed photos of James' injuries and videos showing the child whimpering in pain and crashing to the floor while Dow was heard yelling: "Get up!" and "Stop having a fit!"

[Image: james-nicholson.jpg]
James ^, now 5, lives with his grandmother and is reportedly doing well, though he still has a shunt in his head.

Story: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-hamsphire-man-gets-up-to-67-years-for-reign-of-terror-on-girlfriends-son-3/

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - HairOfTheDog - 09-10-2014

FATHER KILLS FIVE CHILDREN -- IN CUSTODY

[Image: _77489053_77489048.jpg]

The children were ages 1 through 8.

Timothy Ray Jones (mugshot above) was busted in Mississippi over the weekend for DUI.

Police found chemicals for making meth in his vehicle and he was taken to jail.

At the station, his background check was run and it showed that he was wanted in South Carolina; his wife had reported their 5 children missing last week (they had joint custody; she moved in with a male neighbor two years ago).

When questioned, Jones admitted to killing the kids and gave police the location of the bodies. Police aren't saying how or why they were killed, but their little bodies were found in separate garbage bags where he'd dumped them in Alabama.

Shit.

Story: http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2014/09/charges_expected_against_timot.html

[Image: children.jpg]

These are the five children killed by their father Timothy Ray Jones. RIP.

He had picked them up from school and daycare on August 28th. That was the last time they were seen.

Jones was supposed to drop them off at their mom's on Sept. 2nd. She called to report them missing on Sept. 3rd when Jones didn't show up.

The bodies are badly decomposed and autopsies are underway.

Jones is facing 5 murder charges. I don't understand how any amount of anger or drugs could cause a parent to do this to all of his/her children. I wonder if this POS has a history of mental illness too?

Story: http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/5-children-found-dead-in-alabama-father-detained/2014/09/09/48c44b1a-387e-11e4-a023-1d61f7f31a05_story.html?tid=pm_national_pop

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - Midwest Spy - 09-10-2014

It's usually done to get back at the ex is my guess.

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - Cheyne - 09-10-2014

Jones had full custody of all 5 kids. He and the mother have been divorced for a year. There was a big custody battle over who with/where the kids would live.

"Weeks before a South Carolina father allegedly murdered his five kids, drove them across three states and dumped them in the woods, authorities investigated a child-abuse complaint against him but decided they were not in danger. "At that time there was nothing to alarm them immediately, Department of Social Services director Jackie Swindler said of the case."

More

Sounds like dear ol' dad wanted to take the kids away and make mom suffer. MS is probably right on this one.

Thanks Cheyne.

Yeah, custody battles and revenge are the typical motives in these types of cases.

Jones had primary custody though and it had been years since his ex-wife left him. That doesn't mean the motivation here was any different, but I'm curious to know more.

Possibly escalating meth and spice use was a contributing factor and/or perhaps there's more to the story. What was he planning to do and where was he headed had he not been stopped for DUI? According to reports, he confessed to the murders and gave up the location of the bodies, but hasn't revealed a motive or other details.

It's such a sad story.

Note: according to a recent report I just read, Jones was a computer engineer. Authorities haven't commented on any criminal history in the family, but indicated that he had no documented history of mental illness. Source: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/south-carolina-dad-to-be-charged-with-murder-in-death-of-5-kids/

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - HairOfTheDog - 09-12-2014

(09-10-2014, 09:11 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: It's usually done to get back at the ex is my guess.

I think his anger over his ex's alleged adultery definitely played a role -- I think it's possible that heavy drug use did too.

Here are some more details that have been released in the last few days
-Jones, 32, was a criminal when he was a teen -- he went on two crime sprees back in 2001. Cocaine, robbery...

-He then went to college and earned his computer engineering degree in 2010. He was employed by Intel and making over $70k a year before he took off with the kids.

-When he was pulled over for DUI, the cop smelled decomposition, along with Spice and meth chemicals. He also saw blood and children's clothes in Jones' Cadillac Escalade. When LE later searched, they found more blood along with maggots in the vehicle.

-It's believed that he killed the kids and drove hundreds of miles with their bodies in the car before dumping them. He used bleach to contain the smell.

-Though Jones had been praised for being highly intelligent and responsible by a therapist during the divorce/custody case and was awarded primary custody of the children, he'd recently been investigated twice by CPS for neglect and a case worker noted that he was "overwhelmed".

-It's being reported that CPS had investigated the family many times over the years on various complaints, but never found cause to remove the children. CPS was scheduled to visit him and the children again when they disappeared. Maybe he feared losing his children as he spiraled and figured he'd kill them instead? Source: http://bigstory.ap.org/article/records-dad-accused-killings-had-nasty-divorce

[Image: 1410389612977_Image_galleryImage_Timothy...nter_a.JPG]
-Jones' father and brother ^ held a press conference the other day and said that Timothy was not a monster and the family was struggling to understand why this happened.

-Sheriff McCarty of Lexington said that the children's mother, whom Timothy Jones divorced because he alleges she was sneaking off at night to have sex with their 19-year-old neighbor, is a sweet lady who is absolutely devastated.

The manner in which the children were killed has not been released yet.

Ref: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2751967/Dad-killed-five-kids-discovered-wife-sleeping-teenage-neighbor.html

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - IroningBroad - 09-12-2014

http://kxan.com/2014/09/12/apd-fbi-cedar-park-investigating-in-southeast-austin/

FBI searching for missing Cedar Park boy
AUSTIN (KXAN) —  The search for missing 2-year-old Colton Brandt Turner turned tragic Friday as a child’s body was found in Southeast Austin where the FBI, Austin and Cedar Park police were searching in a wooded area near the intersection of Burleson Road and  Felter Lane.

“We have every reason to believe the remains of that child are those of little Colton Turner,” Cedar Park Chief of Police Sean Mannix said in a news conference Friday afternoon.

Mannix said the case went from missing persons case to a homicide investigation within 48 hours.
“We are no longer looking for a missing child in Cedar Park and instead are investigating a death and disposal of a body,” He said.

The body believed to Colton’s was discovered in Austin Police’s jurisdiction. Chief Art Acevedo said the person of interest in the case, is Colton’s mother, Meagan Work, is in custody.

The FBI, Cedar Park and Austin Police descended upon the wooded area early Friday and used STARFlight crews to search from above. Shortly after the helicopter left the scene, sources told KXAN that they would begin excavating for evidence.

FBI investigators had been working with Cedar Park police to find Colton, after asking for the public’s help Thursday evening in finding the boy who they believe is a victim of child abuse. Colton would have turned 3 years old in nine days.

Police received a call about 6:20 p.m. Wednesday concerned about Colton’s welfare. Cedar Park officers were able to find his mother, 20-year-old Meagan Work, but did not find Colton. Police say Work has been living out of her car for the last several months. Officers found her outside a Cedar Park home but would not say who alerted them to her whereabouts.
Police told KXAN on Thursday that Work was taken into custody and is facing charges of abandoning and endangering a child. Work is being held in the Williamson County Jail.
Investigators determined the last time the boy was seen with people other than his mother was in July.

This reminds me of Casey Anthony.RIP Colton :(

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - HairOfTheDog - 09-13-2014

(09-12-2014, 05:10 PM)IroningBroad Wrote: This reminds me of Casey Anthony.RIP Colton :(

It does seem similar to the Anthony case, Ironing Broad (except that Megan Work had a very hard upbringing, reportedly).

[Image: 1410577423120_wps_69_WEIR_TX_Briana_Spieldenne.jpg]

After police found Colton's body in the wooded area, Megan told them she hadn't seen her son in weeks. Sure.

Let's see if she really gets her Casey on and claims to have left the poor little guy in the care of Jo-Claire the Au-Pair or some such shit.

RIP Colton Turner.

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - Duchess - 09-13-2014

(09-13-2014, 12:36 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Megan told them she hadn't seen her son in weeks.

That's so disgusting to me. Poor lil' guy. If one of my cats doesn't come home as night falls I become frantic.

I'll never understand why these people don't simply give their children up rather than kill them.