Mock
Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children (/thread-4754.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - IroningBroad - 09-13-2014

Look at that baby's face :( He looks like he has bruises on his cheek and that cut on his forehead.

The father has pictures friends of his sent him shortly before they found Colton's body where he is horribly bruised and scratched on his back.Also, bruised and scratched (cut?) on the side of his forehead.The father posted these pictures on his fb (which is public).

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - Carsman - 09-14-2014

I hate to watch the news these days, there's always more bad news then good news! Just when you think it can't get any worse, it does! hah

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - HairOfTheDog - 09-14-2014

(09-13-2014, 02:46 PM)IroningBroad Wrote: The father has pictures friends of his sent him shortly before they found Colton's body where he is horribly bruised and scratched on his back.Also, bruised and scratched (cut?) on the side of his forehead.The father posted these pictures on his fb (which is public).

Thanks, Ironing Broad.

I checked out the father's Facebook. Colton's dad is Brandon Pelfrey.
[Image: cb6391b2-115a-494d-976d-136df241cb58_zps...1410706164]

He'd posted a couple of times on his Facebook page asking for somebody to tell Megan Work to get a hold of him before he posted this on 9/11.
[Image: ColtonTurner_zps7a902db1.jpg]

I've seen it reported that nobody had seen Colton since July. He was a doll; lotta photos on dad's Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/brandon.pelfrey.963/photos

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - Duchess - 09-14-2014

This stuff makes me weepy. The stories about children & animals are so distressing. I feel something for the others of course but these kind of stories are so very difficult to read. I could lay my head on my desk & sob. 21

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - HairOfTheDog - 09-14-2014

These are the mugshots and some background on the adults in charge of Colton's care. Animal cruelty, drugs, violence, public intoxication, assault on a disabled person.....and now a dead 2-year-old. Real winners.

[Image: work-new-mug.jpg?w=119&h=150]
Megan Work, Mom
In June of 2012, Williamson County criminal court records show Work was charged with animal abuse and later pleaded guilty after a horse tied to a tree at her boyfriend’s mother’s house in Leander became tangled in its lead rope. A police report contends the animal named Rasha suffocated.

In May of 2013, Work was charged with assault with bodily injury after an early morning bar fight involving another woman at a Cedar Park night club. Police sources also indicate she has been the victim of an assault at least once. Meagan is currently waiting a hearing on a misdemeanor charge filed against her in January of Possession / Delivery of Drug Paraphernalia.

(After Colton's body was found) she was booked into the Williamson County jail Friday and briefly held on a felony charge of endangering or abandoning a child without the intent to return. Hours later Friday evening, she was transferred to the Travis County jail and booked on a charge of tampering with evidence. KXAN learned additional charges are pending.

[Image: michaelbrandt2014mugshot.jpg?w=119&h=150]
Michael Brant Turner, Mom's Boyfriend
29 year-old Michael Brant Turner. Friends of the family tell KXAN he knew Colton most of his life and was considered a father figure. KXAN found he has a lengthy criminal history in Williamson County dating back to 2002 – That history includes animal cruelty, theft, assault, public intoxication, burglary of a habitation and bail jumping.

[Image: pelfrey2014mugshot.jpg?w=119&h=150]
Brandon Lee Pelfrey, Colton's Biological Father
He’s 22. A friend of Pelfrey’s told KXAN Pelfrey won partial custody of Colton but did not know about it since he missed the court date. This week, it’s reported he was one of the people asking police for help finding the boy.

Friends also say he was not around much after Colton was born. In 2011, when Pelfrey was 18, he was sentenced to four years in prison after pleading guilty to assaulting a mentally disabled teen with two other men. Later this year, he’s due back in court for a public intoxication charge.

Source: http://kxan.com/2014/09/12/coltons-death-the-players-backgrounds/

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - IroningBroad - 09-14-2014

Imo, Meagan did not seem like the distraught mother of a missing child.This is based on her fb posts from July up to the time she was arrested.She seemed pretty damn happy and care free all while Colton was missing and most likely already deceased.

Here's a link to a website that has a good timeline of Colton's dissapearance and images of Meagan's fb posts during the months Colton was "missing":

http://theflounce.com/texan-casey-anthony-megan-work-lying-police-missing-son/#comments

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - IroningBroad - 09-15-2014

http://kxan.com/2014/09/15/mom-colton-turner-had-a-seizure-and-was-buried/

Mom: Colton Turner had a seizure and was buried

AUSTIN (KXAN) – When it appeared 2-year-old Colton Turner was having a seizure, his parents took him to a motel because they were afraid of being arrested if they took him to a hospital, court documents show.
Meagan Work, the boy’s mother, and Michael Brandt Turner, Work’s boyfriend, both face a charge of tampering with physical evidence after police found Colton Turner’s body buried near Felter Lane in Southeast Austin.

According to the probable cause document in the case, Work and Colton went to work with Turner on July 6th or 7th. Shortly after he started working, Turner told police he heard Work yelling for him. He ran outside and found Colton was not breathing normally.

Investigators indicate he may have been having a seizure. Turner told investigators he climbed into the car and was going to drive the toddler to the hospital but Work told him they’d get in trouble and Colton would be taken from them.
Instead, Turner drove to a motel where Work put ice on Colton’s head because he seemed hot.

Work told investigators she fell asleep and discovered Colton was dead the next morning. She and Turner waited until sundown to bury Colton. The pair wrapped him in a purple blanket and buried him in a shallow grave that Turner dug with a knife. Then, they decided to move Colton’s body to a different, deeper location off of Felter Lane. Turner borrowed a shovel to dig the grave and then covered the site with wood and sheet rock.

Oh GMAFB...So your 2-year old has a life threatening seizure and you neglect to seek medical attention because you're too scared of having him taken away by cps so you'd rather risk him dying..sounds legit.

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - HairOfTheDog - 09-15-2014

(09-15-2014, 01:36 PM)IroningBroad Wrote: Oh GMAFB...So your 2-year old has a life threatening seizure and you neglect to seek medical attention because you're too scared of having him taken away by cps so you'd rather risk him dying..sounds legit.

I think such a claim is sometimes true, for self-centered drug-addicted caregivers and parents who put their own comfort above their child's needs -- assholes who should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

But, I agree with you on this one, IroningBroad. I highly doubt that negligence and fear on the part of his guardians are the factors that led to Colton's death. Colton's injuries photographed before his death lead me to believe that it's quite possible he was abused to death by Meagan Work and/or Michael Brant Turner -- he was murdered.

Either way, they're responsible for the little boy's death and they need to pay big time -- no doubt about that.

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - IroningBroad - 09-15-2014

(09-15-2014, 05:39 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(09-15-2014, 01:36 PM)IroningBroad Wrote: Oh GMAFB...So your 2-year old has a life threatening seizure and you neglect to seek medical attention because you're too scared of having him taken away by cps so you'd rather risk him dying..sounds legit.

I think such a claim is sometimes true, for self-centered drug-addicted caregivers and parents who puts their own comfort above their child's needs -- assholes who should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

But, I agree with you on this one, IroningBroad. I highly doubt that negligence and fear on the part of his guardians are the factors that led to Colton's death. Colton's injuries photographed before his death lead me to believe that it's quite possible he was abused to death by Megan Work and/or Michael Brant Turner -- he was murdered.

Either way, they're responsible for the little boy's death and they need to pay big time -- no doubt about that.

Meaghan's face does resemble that of a meth head..imo she definitely looks like she's on drugs.

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - Cheyne - 09-15-2014

Colton was 2 years old. If his mother didn't want him, why didn't she give him up to CPS or her own mother or another relative?

This case and Casey Anthony remind me of Susan Smith. Just kill the kid when you don't want them instead of giving them up.

What a useless, worthless piece of trash. Well, she's in Texas so maybe she'll get the needle.

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - IroningBroad - 09-16-2014

(09-15-2014, 10:36 PM)Cheyne Wrote: Colton was 2 years old. If his mother didn't want him, why didn't she give him up to CPS or her own mother or another relative?

This case and Casey Anthony remind me of Susan Smith. Just kill the kid when you don't want them instead of giving them up.

What a useless, worthless piece of trash. Well, she's in Texas so maybe she'll get the needle.

Because they're fucking selfish cunts!!! Furious

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - HairOfTheDog - 09-18-2014

FATHER WHO KILLED HIS 5 CHILDREN -- MOTIVE? -- Update to post #393

[Image: 1410373263297_wps_37_Pictured_on_a_proje...cle_medium]

He wasn't happy about his wife's affair, he was struggling to keep his job and raise 5 children, he had a criminal past, meth was found in his vehicle... All of those factors likey contributed to his mental state, IMO. But, Timothy Ray Jones told police that his motive for killing his 5 children was that he thought that "they were going to kill him, chop him up and feed him to the dogs".

Snip:
Jones ordered his children, ages 1 to 8, out of his vehicle at a Lexington Walmart on Aug. 28 because he "believed the children were going to kill him, chop him up and feed him to the dogs," according to the warrant. Authorities have said Jones picked up his children from school and daycare that day, the last time they were seen alive.

Authorities said he killed his children at his Lexington home, put the bodies in plastic trash bags and drove for nine days around the Southeast. The warrant said authorities found blood in his vehicle and handwritten notes about killing and mutilating bodies after he was stopped at a DUI checkpoint in Mississippi on Sept. 6.

A message left for Jones' lawyer was not returned Wednesday. Jones waived a first appearance hearing last week, and his attorneys said he has been treated for mental illness in the past (HOTD: this contradicts a public statement last week) and they want a mental evaluation conducted on him as soon as possible.

Full story: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/timothy-ray-jones-jr-warrant-reveals-details-of-south-carolina-deaths/

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - HairOfTheDog - 09-19-2014

Another Family Massacre

This father killed one of his children and 6 grandchildren late yesterday afternoon in Bell, Florida.

[Image: Bx2zvDWCAAEuLHh.jpg:small]
Don Spirit, 51

He'd called 911 and police rushed to the home.

Spirit had fatally shot himself by the time police arrived. His adult daughter - 28 and six of his grandchildren (ages 3 months to 11 years) were dead in the home.

Spirit had a criminal record and served time for a felony weapons conviction -- he was released in 2006. He'd killed his 8-year-old son in what was determined to be a hunting accident prior to that. According to public records, in the early 1990s he was also found guilty of leaving the scene of a serious accident, depriving a child of food or shelter and battery.

As a convicted felon, Spirit wasn't qualified to own a gun legally. But, he was granted a hunting license in 2007 and 2011 in Florida. I think F.U. pointed out in another thread how convicted felons can own hunting rifles. Doesn't make much sense to me, but I don't know if that relates at all to this tragic crime.

Authorities indicate they'd been to the home multiple times, but didn't see anything like this coming.

Story: https://news.yahoo.com/florida-gunman-who-killed-family-had-fatally-shot-son-years-before-025110823.html

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - Duchess - 09-21-2014

It's being reported that these pix of Colton were taken over 2 months ago and posted on FaceBook. There are family members saying they contacted authorities who never returned their phone calls.

[Image: 1411311921731_wps_32_WEIR_TX_Briana_Spieldenne.jpg] [Image: 1411311920447_Image_galleryImage_WEIR_TX...ldenne.JPG]

Does it look like he has the remains of black eye?

[Image: 1411312424136_Image_galleryImage_WEIR_TX...ldenne.JPG]

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - IroningBroad - 09-21-2014

(09-21-2014, 07:15 PM)Duchess Wrote:

It's being reported that these pix of Colton were taken over 2 months ago and posted on FaceBook. There are family members saying they contacted authorities who never returned their phone calls.

[Image: 1411311921731_wps_32_WEIR_TX_Briana_Spieldenne.jpg] [Image: 1411311920447_Image_galleryImage_WEIR_TX...ldenne.JPG]

Does it look like he has the remains of black eye?

[Image: 1411312424136_Image_galleryImage_WEIR_TX...ldenne.JPG]

Yes it does look like a fading black eye. I just don't understand why these family members did not fucking persist and raise hell with cps and LE until someone listened?

I would've been calling cps every damn day.

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - IroningBroad - 09-25-2014

http://kxan.com/2014/09/25/medical-examiner-body-not-referred-to-as-colton-turner/

Snip:

Medical Examiner: Body not referred to as Colton Turner

AUSTIN (KXAN) — The Travis County Medical Examiner says the body found in Southeast Austin is not yet officially considered 2-year-old Colton Turner. Officials say they are awaiting scientific identification through DNA analysis. That’s happening at the University of North Texas, where specimens from the body of the unidentified child were sent.
Spokeswoman Sarah Scott also says the Medical Examiner’s Office is not releasing a
cause of death on the child’s body, saying information is limited.

“The investigation is continuing, and there is a law enforcement objection to the release of information,” said Scott.

-------------------------------------------

I'm guessing the body was there longer than LE believed it to be based on Micheal and Meagan's stories.

This is so fucking sad..that this baby's body is so decomposed the ME can't even ID him.His mom most likely never took him to the dentist either as they could also have used his dental records to identify him as well.

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - HairOfTheDog - 11-17-2014

Run to your death

[Image: running_small1.jpg]

9-year-old Savannah Hardin (left) from Alabama got in trouble over a piece of candy back in 2012.

As her punishment, her grandmother 49-year-old Joyce Hardin Garrard (the ugly old witch on the right) forced Savannah to run in place for 3 hours, according to prosecutors.

Present at the time was Savannah's stepmother, 27-year-old Jessica Mae Hardin (center).

Savannah collapsed from exhaustion during her punishment. She died 3 days later. RIP. 42

Her stepmother was charged with murder for failure to intervene. She's out on bond.

Gramma Joyce Hardin was arrested and has been locked up since the incident. She is charged with capital murder. She contends Savannah died of other health problems and filed a motion to have the charges against her dropped. She's also asked to be released from jail due her own health problems. Her trial is scheduled to begin on February 12th, 2015.

Story: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/14/joyce-garrard-hardin_n_6157966.html?utm_hp_ref=crime

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - Duchess - 11-17-2014

Never trust anyone without lips.

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - HairOfTheDog - 11-17-2014

She has mean eyebrows too.

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - Duchess - 11-17-2014

They look like caterpillars. 113