Mock
Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children (/thread-4754.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - Donovan - 02-24-2016

That one is making me ill.

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - Cowboy_ron - 02-24-2016

(02-21-2016, 11:44 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Washington

[Image: 3169C60400000578-0-image-a-40_1456034200806.jpg]
^ Brittany Shane Daniels, 22 and Cody James Shields, of Bellingham, Washington have been charged with second-degree manslaughter in the December death of their 3-month-old son, Lucian.

According to the police reports, the father was up all night playing video games with headphones and didn't hear the baby cry. When he discovered the baby dead, he called the mom at work and she called 911.

Police discovered no signs of foul play at the home. However, the officers noticed that the baby seemed very thin and frail.

The investigation uncovered that Lucian had only gained 17 ounces in the three months since he was born.

While the couple claimed they'd fed the baby, the autopsy later confirmed that there was nothing in his stomach or small intestines.

Investigators also found texts and posts between couple complaining of Lucian's crying and uncertainty as to when he was last fed.

The prosecutor is not alleging an intentional homicide. The county medical examiner, Gary Goldfogel, found the child died from malnutrition, dehydration and “neglect of ordinary care of infant.”

Poor little guy. RIP Lucian.

Ref:
http://www.bellinghamherald.com/news/local/crime/article61307647.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3456698/Father-stayed-playing-video-games-three-month-old-son-died-malnutrition-faces-charges-manslaughter-alongside-mother.html
Send these fuckers to Texas....we not only have and use the death penalty we have an express lane for people like this.

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - HairOfTheDog - 02-24-2016

I understand the sentiment Cowboy, but I don't think even Texas would charge the defendants with capital crimes and apply the death penalty to a negligent homicide case.

I think intent would be required, which doesn't appear to be the case with the dipshit couple from Washington who neglected their baby to death.

I do believe that y'all would kill the shit outta Ryan Lawrence for murdering his baby girl with premeditation though -- if a defense attorney failed to convince a jury he's mentally unfit.

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - Duchess - 02-24-2016

How could they be so stupid as to not realize their child was dying! Ugh. Horrible story. *sigh*

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - Donovan - 02-24-2016

That goddamn Lawrence prick not only premeditated the murder (supposedly out of jealousy for all the attention she was taking for being a baby with cancer) but he killed her in the woods, tried to,burn up her body and when that failed he tied cinder blocks to her tiny little body and threw her in the river.

I am liberal in many things, but in this way I am conservative. Bastards like this deserve death by the exact same methods they used to destroy their victims. Maybe THAT would be a deterrent.

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - Duchess - 02-24-2016

I didn't see the other story until just now. That is so awful. Poor little baby. 21

(02-24-2016, 01:11 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I understand the sentiment Cowboy, but I don't think even Texas would charge the defendants with capital crimes and apply the death penalty to a negligent homicide case.

I think intent would be required, which doesn't appear to be the case with the dipshit couple from Washington who neglected their baby to death.

I do believe that y'all would kill the shit outta Ryan Lawrence for murdering his baby girl with premeditation though -- if a defense attorney doesn't convince a jury he's mentally unfit.
You could very well be right, however I do know that crimes involving children are looked at differently........it appears that the prosecutor might have gotten cold feet. In Texas depending on what jurisdiction it is, some of the backwoods "good ole boy" type of DA's could convince a jury of laid off fast food workers that there indeed was intent of dehydration, and malnutrition and neglect.

(02-24-2016, 04:53 PM)Cowboy_ron Wrote: You could very well be right, however I do know that crimes involving children are looked at differently........it appears that the prosecutor might have gotten cold feet. In Texas depending on what jurisdiction it is, some of the backwoods "good ole boy" type of DA's could convince a jury of laid off fast food workers that there indeed was intent of dehydration, and malnutrition and neglect.

You're right about murder of children (and police officers, fire fighters, and EMTs) being treated specially when it comes to death-penalty eligibility for the perpetrators.

But, even in cases involving such special victims, the death must be a result of 'first degree murder/premeditation' or have been committed during the course of a separate crime.

In the case of Baby Lucian, there is no evidence to support a charge of first degree or aggravated murder against the parents. So, the death penalty would not be in play anywhere in the U.S. (unless the good ole boy DA was corrupt and willing to perjure himself or distort evidence to support such a charge/conviction).

(02-24-2016, 05:35 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(02-24-2016, 04:53 PM)Cowboy_ron Wrote: You could very well be right, however I do know that crimes involving children are looked at differently........it appears that the prosecutor might have gotten cold feet. In Texas depending on what jurisdiction it is, some of the backwoods "good ole boy" type of DA's could convince a jury of laid off fast food workers that there indeed was intent of dehydration, and malnutrition and neglect.

You're right about murder of children (and police officers, fire fighters, and EMTs) being treated specially when it comes to death-penalty eligibility for the perpetrators.

But, even in cases involving such special victims, the death must be a result of 'first degree murder/premeditation' or have been committed during the course of a separate crime.

In the case of Baby Lucian, there is no evidence to support a charge of first degree or aggravated murder against the parents. So, the death penalty would not be in play anywhere in the U.S. (unless the good ole boy DA was corrupt and willing to perjure himself or distort evidence to support such a charge/conviction).
I can agree with you....we both know there are corrupt DA's out there.......not saying its right but you have to fight corruption with corruption at times.....sort of like the CIA has to use inhumane techniques with terrorist to obtain information to get info that protects the masses.

You can't fight corruption with corruption, in my opinion. You can only spread corruption that way.

Anyway, I think both of Baby Lucian's parents will probably be convicted of second degree manslaughter and spend several years in prison. I really hope neither has another child in the future.

(02-24-2016, 07:36 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: You can't fight corruption with corruption, in my opinion. You can only spread corruption that way.

Anyway, I think both of Baby Lucian's parents will probably be convicted of second degree manslaughter and spend several years in prison. I really hope neither has another child in the future.
That's the logical approach for sure, but you're dealing with illogical people in this case (and many more like them) which sometimes entails out of the box thinking. I do agree they'll be spending some hard time for awhile.

I don't see it as a question of logic. There's nothing remotely creative, original, or 'outside the box' about addressing illegality with illegality and trying to rationalize the ends justifying the means, in my opinion.

Nor is there anything novel about people in or outside the system viewing themselves as above the law and designating themselves as surrogate judges and juries.

Vigilantism and corruption are old, stale, and hurt everybody in the society. I'm not a fan.

In my view, a DA who resorts to corruption to secure a conviction is a hack. It's comparable to a card player cheating in a high stakes poker tournament because he suspects one of the 5 other players stole his brother's Pantera. Taking the pot wouldnt make him a winner; just a cheater and a thief.

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - HairOfTheDog - 03-01-2016

(02-24-2016, 03:48 PM)Donovan Wrote: That goddamn Lawrence prick not only premeditated the murder (supposedly out of jealousy for all the attention she was taking for being a baby with cancer) but he killed her in the woods, tried to,burn up her body and when that failed he tied cinder blocks to her tiny little body and threw her in the river.

I am liberal in many things, but in this way I am conservative. Bastards like this deserve death by the exact same methods they used to destroy their victims. Maybe THAT would be a deterrent.

He's a piece of work alright.

He pleaded 'not guilty' and it looks like his defense attorney is going for an insanity defense.
UPDATE LINK: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mental-health-exam-ordered-for-new-york-father-in-toddlers-slaying/

I'm surprised that he's only being charged with second degree murder. He abducted the baby and intentionally killed her, brutally, and then dumped her body.

Maybe the charges will be upped to first degree later or the prosecution is holding back until the competency exams are complete?

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - HairOfTheDog - 03-01-2016

Well, I found the answer to why Ryan Lawrence isn't being charged with first degree murder of his baby girl. Kinda sucks.

[Image: 877-After-Amber-Alert-for-New-York-Toddler-Police.jpg]

The maximum sentence for second-degree murder is 25 years to life in prison. The max sentence for first-degree murder is life without chance of parole.

But first-degree murder is rarely ever charged in New York state.

In fact, virtually all of the area's most notorious killers were tried on second-degree murder: Stacey Castor (convicted of killing one husband and accused of killing another husband with antifreeze), Steven Pieper (who strangled his girlfriend), James "Jeff" Cahill (who killed his wife with cyanide at University Hospital) and Robert Neulander (former doctor who killed his wife and tried to cover it up), to name a few. Each of them have a chance at parole after decades in prison.

What gives?

Under state law, every murder is a second-degree murder unless there's some special circumstance.

Second-degree murder simply states that the accused intended to kill a person and then killed that person.

That covers everything from pre-meditated murder to making the decision to kill a second before the murder is committed, Fitzpatrick explained this morning.

The DA noted that first-degree murder is reserved for murders of police officers, firefighters, emergency medical technicians, ambulance drivers, paramedics, physicians or registered nurses who are performing official duties as first responders. Murders of judges and corrections officers are also counted, as well as murders in which prison inmates were already serving life sentences.

The only other way to charge first-degree murder? To prove the murder happened during the commission of these specified crimes: robbery, burglary, kidnapping, arson and certain sex crimes.

But to charge first-degree murder, prosecutors likely would have to prove Ryan Lawrence kidnapped his own daughter and then intended to kill her sometime after the kidnapping. In other words, that the intent of the kidnapping was separate from the intent to kill her. So far, prosecutors believe she was abducted for the purpose of killing her.

Full piece: http://www.syracuse.com/crime/index.ssf/2016/02/why_no_first-degree_murder_charge_for_dad_in_baby_maddoxs_death.html

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - HairOfTheDog - 03-25-2016

Indiana

[Image: shaylyn-ammerman-2.jpg?w=300&h=169]
RIP Shaylyn Ammerman, 1 year old.

She was reported missing from her father's house on Wednesday morning. He, his brother, and his mom were all in the home and each said they saw Shaylyn sleeping in her crib before they went to bed (though their times vary).

[Image: Screen%20Shot%202016-03-23%20at%208.43.2...40_480.png]
Shaylyn's mom, ^ Jessica Stewart, had a 5050 custody arrangement with the dad, Justin Ammerman. She said that Justin's mom had threatened to keep Shaylyn from her in the past, that grams seemed to want to raise Shaylyn as her own daughter, and that Justin had a party the night Shaylyn was last seen alive.

[Image: 56f36d4cb148f.image.jpg?resize=300%2C362]
Dad Justin Ammerman ^ denied having a party, but it turned out there was at least one friend there drinking with the family. And, according to Justin's mom, that 22-year-old male friend was still there at 3:00 a.m. but she doesn't know what time he left.

Police found Shaylyn's body last night in a remote area located near the White River, northeast of Gosport.. :( LE says they located the body after conducting witness interviews.

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - HairOfTheDog - 03-25-2016

(continued)

[Image: kyle-parker-fox.jpg?w=300&h=169]
^ Kyle Parker, 22 of Spencer, was taken into custody Thursday night and is currently being held in connection with the disappearance and homicide of Shaylyn Ammerman.

Parker has previous convictions for drugs, alcohol and trespassing and is the family friend who was in the home with Shaylyn.

Dad Justin Ammerman was taken in for questioning and polygraphed. LE indicated that just because a body has been found and one person has been arrested, it doesn't not mean the case is closed. LE has several POIs and more interviews to conduct with help of the FBI; the Ammerman family has not been cleared, they say.

Today the coroner ruled that Shaylyn's death was a homicide. The baby was asphyxiated.

Refs:
http://www.indystar.com/story/news/crime/2016/03/25/shaylyns-father-m-just-devastated/82252990/
http://heavy.com/news/2016/03/justin-shaylyn-ammerman-missing-father-mother-jessica-stewart-tamera-morgan-indiana-facebook-photos-suspect

(The story reminds me a lot of the Ayla Reynold's case, lots of similar circumstances surrounding her disappearance from her partying dad's house back in 2011 -- she has not yet been located. Ayla's case: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Ayla_Reynolds )

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - HairOfTheDog - 03-28-2016

^ Oh man. That asshole appeared in court today.

I was hoping that Shaylyn died quickly.

But, the new charges against Parker including kidnapping, child molestation, rape, and murder of 1-year-old Shaylyn. Fucker. 36

Story: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/murder-charge-filed-against-man-in-indiana-toddlers-shaylyn-ammerman-death/

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - HairOfTheDog - 04-06-2016

What an effin' bitch

[Image: GOSSETT_shanna_190x250.jpg]

^ Shanna Gossett, 29, is facing murder, child abuse and other charges related to the death of her 3-year-old niece Bethannie Johnson in Colorado last month.

According to the affidavit, the little girl was strapped to a high chair in a closet for two weeks. She was beaten and her head was pushed through a wall. She was then hidden under a bed before another resident in the home (unidentified) discovered the girl and called for help.

Gossett first tried to blame her sister, Bethannie's mother, but investigators confirmed that the mother was in Texas for weeks before Bethannie's death.

I have no idea how whomever was living in the house with Gossett and Bethannie could have remained unaware of what was going on. Police are investigating that aspect of the case.

Story: https://www.google.com/search?q=bethannie+johnson+killed+by+aunt&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=643&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwij2NP7nPrLAhVL1WMKHeRKB8AQ_AUIBygC#imgrc=2evF1pdhosEonM%3A

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - Donovan - 04-06-2016

Every time I see this thread with new posts, I tell myself I'm not clicking it because it makes me sick with rage. Every time.

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - HairOfTheDog - 04-15-2016

(04-06-2016, 10:37 AM)Donovan Wrote: Every time I see this thread with new posts, I tell myself I'm not clicking it because it makes me sick with rage. Every time.

I know. It's sickening. While it's good to be aware of what kind of shit is going on and to know how predators operate, it's hard to stomach the depravity of the adults in these stories.

No children died in this one, thankfully. Still maddening.

[Image: arrest%20driver_1460733319452_1186488_ve...40_360.jpg]

^ 72-year-old Carlos Ojeda of Florida has been a bus driver for special ed little kids for almost 10 years. Recently, one of the kids told a teacher about how he was sexually abusing little girls on the bus.

Police were called and reviewed the bus videos. Ojeda molested multiple little girls multiple times. He's been arrested on eight counts of sexual battery.

Ojeda would beckon the girls to the front of the bus behind the partition, molest them, and then send them off with candy. He was busted with candy in his pockets.

"I am angry and deeply saddened," Superintendent Jacqueline M. Byrd wrote in a statement following the arrest. "We took swift action. The bus driver was immediately suspended without pay, and after reviewing information from the sheriff's office, a recommendation to terminate his employment will be brought before the Polk County School Board on April 26."

I hope the recommendation is just a legal requirement or formality; there shouldn't be any question as to whether Ojeda gets fired.

Story: http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-news/123156387-story