Mock
Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children (/thread-4754.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Police: Parents punished dead boy by denying water - notsure - 08-27-2011

..DALLAS (AP) — A 10-year-old Dallas-area boy who died of dehydration after his father and stepmother kept water from him was being punished for wetting the bed, authorities say.

The boy, Johnathan James died July 25 after water was kept from him for five days while temperatures soared to 100 degrees or more each day, police said. The boy's dad, Michael Ray James, and stepmother, Tina Alberson, both 42, were jailed after being charged Thursday with injury to a child causing serious bodily injury.

Johnathan's twin brother, Joseph James, and a 12-year-old stepbrother were not injured and are staying with relatives.

Attorneys for the dad and stepmother did not immediately return calls seeking comment left at their offices Saturday night.

Joseph told the Dallas Morning News (http://dallasne.ws/qOpWSJ) that his parents put Johnathan in a room without air conditioning and told him to stand by the window. Joseph said that on the day Johnathan died he had peanut butter stuck in his throat but his parents wouldn't let him wash it down.

"They still wouldn't let him have water," Joseph said.

Joseph told the newspaper he wanted to help his brother but was worried he would face similar punishment.

"I wanted to do something, but I couldn't," Joseph said. "I couldn't do nothing because I would get in trouble."

Police documents show the boy suffered until he collapsed at his father's Red Bird home and hit his head on the floor. He was taken to a hospital, and authorities say Michael James told authorities there that Jonathan was sick. Medical staff were unable to revive the child.

The boys' grandmother, Sue Shotwell, said Jonathan was easy-going and never held a grudge.

"This kid, if you know Jonathan, he could forgive you for no matter what you did," Shotwell said. "You could ground him, and he would say 'I love you, Mimi.'"

RE: Police: Parents punished dead boy by denying water - Cheyne - 08-28-2011

Documents obtained a day after Jonathan James’ father and stepmother were arrested in his death show how the boy suffered while he was denied drinking water for five days in July. And in an interview Friday, Jonathan’s grandmother said that he had called her in late June to say he was afraid to live with his father and stepmother for a month-long, court-ordered custody visit.

That disgusting pig of a step-mother needs to be given no food or water for 5 days and see how her fat ass likes it. This story is unbelievable to me. Why would the court order Jonathan to stay with these idiots? Why didn't grandma do or say something when Jonathan called her and said he was afraid to be there?

This makes me sick to my stomach.

RE: Police: Parents punished dead boy by denying water - IMaDick - 08-28-2011

The asswipes have rights that extend beyond the life of the little boy. If you want to change shit, you have to vote according to your own conscious, if those that are in office don't reply to this tragedy, then they are wrong for the job, ask the right questions and then hold our law makers accountable.

RE: Rampant Abuse of Children - Lady Cop - 08-29-2011

i can't stop thinking about this boy, post #119.
it has really touched and hurt my heart. why didn't he get away and run? i am just heartbroken for him and intend to ask the DA to charge the parents with murder, 1st degree capital murder in Texas = death. how can anyone watch a child, their child, suffer like that? for a basic life necessity. to die for a lack of water. how cruel. i want these people to suffer and die screaming.

this is DA email:

[email protected]

here is a video report with the twin brother talking about what went on. (he is not identical twin)

http://cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/us/2011/08/29/nr.twin.brother.death.cnn.html

[Image: 9878479a1926f1274fd279e3a54227afa084afe4.jpg]

RE: Rampant Abuse of Children - dennistexas - 08-30-2011

a reader on http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/headlines/20110826-boy-who-died-of-dehydration-was-punished-for-wetting-bed.ece commented that stepmom Tina was found guilty of aggrevated assault with a deadly weapon in Tarrant County in '99(charged '98), and was sentenced to 2 yrs in Huntsville(TDC) for violating her felony probation and released in '03. Why then, would courts allow her to be with these or any children.
I would believe this punishment was tina's idea and everyone living in the house was too scared of her to cross her. It's a shame that people can be so nasty that people would turn away closing eyes rather than have to deal with them on doing what is right.
I feel sorry for his twin brother I'm sure there is guilt feelings that he is dealing with and will deal with the rest of his life. I can not imagine what goes on in peoples lifes that they can be so calloused, doing this to another human being, let alone someone that is being trusted to care for them.

RE: Rampant Abuse of Children - Lady Cop - 08-30-2011

the tragedy of Jonathan James kept me awake last night with these thoughts:

why didn't he escape, run away? most at age 10 would have. most at 10 would have sneaked their sibling some water also (yes i know his brother feels horrible guilt).
didn't he have to go to the bathroom in the 5 days? why didn't he drink some water in the bathroom?
i have not seen that he was in any restraints.
didn't they feed him at all? there is water in food.
there are many unanswered questions for me.
in any case, i hurt very deeply for that boy, he did not have to die. i can't forget his face.
has anyone read any explanation or answers to questions i asked? i haven't.

The couple, from Dallas, Texas, face 99 years in jail if convicted of causing serious bodily injury.

A charge of negligent homicide is also being considered by officers.

RE: Rampant Abuse of Children - JsMom - 08-30-2011

(08-29-2011, 10:53 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: this is DA email:

[email protected]

This case had me in tears, literally! That poor twin! Signs_173 I hope he doesn't go through what my son is going through. These sorry ass parents/murderers need to DIE! Russian I think everyone here should write the DA and tell him what we think. I couldn't believe my eyes when I seen that they were not being charged with murder, WTF???

RE: Rampant Abuse of Children - Lady Cop - 08-30-2011

he threw his special-needs child overboard a sightseeing boat, right in front of the moving vessel.

SANTA ANA, Calif. — It was a pleasant afternoon aboard a sightseeing cruise around scenic Newport Harbor until the unthinkable happened – a man threw his crying 7-year-old son overboard during an argument in front of shocked passengers, authorities said.

Sloane Briles, 35, was taken into custody for child endangerment and resisting arrest, Orange County sheriff's spokesman Jim Amormino said.

"The father hit him several times and then threatened to throw him overboard if he didn't stop crying," Amormino said. "The crowd on the boat became very angry at the father for hitting the kid and extremely angry when he threw him overboard."

Authorities said Briles appeared to have been drinking. He was released Monday and couldn't immediately be reached at a number listed for him in Irvine.

Briles, his girlfriend and two sons from a previous marriage went on the Sunday afternoon cruise around Newport Harbor on a boat carrying 85 people. Briles began arguing with his girlfriend and his 7-year-old son, Amormino said, adding the child was not an expert swimmer.

The New York Daily News reported that the father's girlfriend told the newspaper that he was only "roughhousing" with his son as he often does and regretted his "stupid" judgment.

"His sons are his whole life," Jennifer Burrelli told the newspaper. "He would never ever do anything to hurt them on purpose. He knows now it could have gone badly. He doesn't even care about the arrest or his own name. He knows it was stupid."

She also said she and Briles were not arguing before the incident.

Staff members on the tour boat said Briles told the boy he needed to toughen up then threw him into the water five feet below, said Charlie Maas, who oversees the tour company.

"Right in the middle of a sunny weekend afternoon in August there is a lot of boat traffic out there," Maas said. "That could have been fatally dangerous."

The incident happened so quickly that Maas said there was little time to react. Someone on the boat threw the boy a life ring, and he was safely rescued, uninjured, by another boater. The father also jumped in to save him.

Both the boy and his brother were returned to the care of their mother, who also could not be reached for comment. The couple was married in 2002 and separated in 2006 after having two children. They divorced in 2007.

Family court filings showed Briles lost his job in the mortgage industry in 2007 and got another job, but was injured and drew worker's compensation. He successfully petitioned to get his child support obligation reduced and tried for a second reduction, which his ex-wife, Christin, opposed.

"If he truly wanted to support his boys he would find a job," she wrote in the filing. She also wrote that Briles sees the boys only on his weekends and rarely calls them during his off weeks.

Briles pleaded guilty in in February 2009 to being in contempt for not paying child support and was sentenced to three years of probation, according to court records. Briles also pleaded guilty in 2011 to public intoxication.

[Image: article-2031478-0D9FFF0300000578-299_468x357.jpg]

NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- There's shock and outrage from passengers on a boat in Newport Harbor after they say a man threw his 7-year-old son overboard.

Sheriff's investigators said Sloane Briles, 35, was on a tour boat Sunday with his girlfriend and two sons from a previous marriage.

Witnesses told them Briles got into an argument with his girlfriend, which upset the boy. Police say when the boy wouldn't calm down, Briles threw him overboard.

"The chance of him being struck by one of the boats passing by if they didn't see him, would be one of our greatest concerns," said Dep. William Nelson of the Orange County Sheriff's Department.

RE: Rampant Abuse of Children - HairOfTheDog - 08-31-2011

Another douche bag with a fucking brainless girlfriend...

[Image: mark%20nelson%20mug-thumb-200x249.jpg]

The human body has 24 ribs, and Mark Nelson allegedly squeezed a baby so hard that 22 of his broke. Nelson, 32, took his anger out on the baby, 0, after an argument with the child's mother. He told police that he squeezed the baby boy until he heard a "crack." He didn't tell his girlfriend (the baby's mother) what he had done.

Nelson caused 37 breaks in the boy's ribs; the boy was hemorraging internally; his liver and lungs were bruised; he had damage to one eye. When the mother first brought her baby to the hospital, doctors thought he had pneumonia.

Nelson faces a first-degree felony assault charge, and his bail has been set at a massive $200,000. If convicted, he could get a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison and a $30,000 fine.

Reference:
http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2011/08/mark_nelson_squeezed_baby_broke_ribs.php

RE: Rampant Abuse of Children - Harvest Moon - 09-01-2011

Another form of child abuse. The authorities were first alerted Aug 15, but waited another 15 days to do something about it?

http://www.imperfectparent.com/topics/2011/09/01/horrific-case-of-child-abuse-discovered-in-grand-canyon/

"Horrific case of child abuse discovered in Grand Canyon
Reported on the imperfectparent site. I hope it is OK to link this here.

One of the most beautiful places on earth held a terrifying secret
September 1st, 2011 by Pamela Wallace | Permalink
Grand canyon South Rim

A grandfather has been arrested and accused of extreme child abuse and torture, photo courtesy of Pamela Rodriguez

In an unbelievable case of child abuse, a grandfather has been arrested and charged with what amounts to torture of his three grandchildren.

The incident occured in one of the worlds most beautiful places, The Grand Canyon and had apparently been going on for some time, according to officials.

MyFox10 in Arizona learned that Christopher Carlson is accused of heinous acts. He allegedly forced his young grandsons to hike the Grand Canyon without food or water from sunrise to sunset. His grandsons — ages 12, 9 and 8 had blisters on their feet, cracked lips and could barely stand — but if they stopped, he would physically harm them, according to the report.

Federal paperwork reveals Christopher Carlson nearly hiked his three grandkids to the brink of death.

The paperwork told the story of the plight of the grandchildren: In one day, the 12, 9 and 8-yea-old boys hiked nearly 20 miles in 108 degrees at the Grand Canyon.

The boys were on the trail when the sun rose. They weren’t given breakfast — only celery — to eat. They did not get water.

If they boys tried to stop, Carlson would allegedly whip their shirtless backs with a wet t-shirt.
And he would hit, push, kick and even choke his three grandsons.

When one boy collapsed out of exhaustion — Carlson pushed him to the ground and smashed his face into a rock.

He is also reported to have lifted his youngest grandson up by the throat and choking him, squeezed the boys genitals as punishment and rarely allowed the boys to sleep.

Any hikers that the group would encounter, the boys were instructed to tell them they were fine if asked.

According to court documents, rangers were first alerted to the alleged abuse by park visitors August 15. A ranger reportedly confronted Carlson and told him to take the children home because they looked exhausted. The high for that day exceeded 100 degrees. (dumb ranger)

The ranger learned that the boys had already hiked from South Rim to Plateau Point and back to Indian Gardens for a total of 7.5 miles. Carlson was adamant about taking the boys to the Colorado River and back. The ranger told Carlson that would keep them out well past midnight but Carlson said that sounded fine to him. Carlson ended up heading back up the trail and left.

The oldest boy finally secretly motioned to a group of hikers asking the hikers to call 911. (smart boy)

They did. CPS took the boys into custody on August 28, and their grandfather was arrested.

The paperwork says this abuse had been going on for some time. The boys were physically abused on trips to many states and countries." (OMG)

RE: Rampant Abuse of Children - Lady Cop - 09-01-2011

[Image: article-2032753-0DAB726700000578-958_468x286.jpg]

[Image: article-2032753-0DAB748400000578-92_468x286.jpg]

A young mother shot dead her two children last night before getting in her car and mowing down another man and his three-year-old boy, police said.

Yokeia Smith, 25, was arrested in St Louis, Missouri, waving around a large shotgun after stepping out of her car on the side of a main road.

Miss Smith is now being held for questioning by authorities over the brutal murder of her children.

Police were called to the shooting at a multi-unit building at just after 6pm last night and arrived to find two of Miss Smith's three children dead.

Yokela Smith, 4, and Levada Brown, 5, had been shot, while a third child, 8, was also in the apartment but was unharmed.

RE: Rampant Abuse of Children - BlueTiki - 09-01-2011

(09-01-2011, 04:32 PM)Lady Cop Wrote:

A young mother shot dead her two children last night before getting in her car and mowing down another man and his three-year-old boy, police said.

Yokeia Smith, 25, was arrested in St Louis, Missouri, waving around a large shotgun after stepping out of her car on the side of a main road.

And no mention of the baby daddy.

Surprise!

RE: Rampant Abuse of Children - Duchess - 09-01-2011

(09-01-2011, 04:32 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: Yokeia Smith, 25, was arrested in St Louis, Missouri, waving around a large shotgun after stepping out of her car on the side of a main road.

The cops should have shot her.

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - Lady Cop - 09-01-2011

they showed great restraint.

Happens way to often - Meow - 09-05-2011

OOpps, I forgot the baby in the car. BULLSHIT This is an alarming trend. I'm sorry but how in the hell do you forget a kid in a car? In sweltering weather? I don't buy it. Seems to be happening way to often.

MailOnline -

Monday, Sep 05 2011 3PM 18°C 6PM 15°C 5-Day Forecast
Baby dies after she is left in sweltering car outside day care for more than FOUR HOURS

By Associated Press

Last updated at 3:29 AM on 5th September 2011

Police in Ohio are investigating the heartbreaking story of a 13-month-old baby who died after she was left in a hot car for hours outside a day care.

Capt Sylvia Trundle told the Akron Beacon Journal that a baby sitter brought five children to the day care for a play date on Friday at about 9:30am, but apparently only took four out of the vehicle.

It wasn’t until 1:55pm that the baby sitter realized Aolani McCray was missing and found the child in the SUV, still strapped in her car seat.
Heartbreak: Akron authorities say 13-month-old Aolani McCray was left in this SUV for more than four hours as the temperature outside soared

Heartbreak: Akron authorities say 13-month-old Aolani McCray was left in this SUV for more than four hours as the temperature outside soared

The baby was rushed to a nearby, where she was pronounced dead.

Police said she died of heat exhaustion, and the incident is still under investigation.

Police Capt. Dan Zampelli said: 'We do know the baby was left for some period of time. Just how long, we don't know.'
Heat advisory: Police said Aolani McCray died of heat exhaustion outside this day care centre on a day where the temperature felt like 100 degrees

Heat advisory: Police said Aolani McCray died of heat exhaustion outside this day care centre on a day where the temperature felt like 100 degrees

Charges have not yet been filed against the 30-year-old baby sitter, who reportedly had no idea the child had been left in the car.

The girl's family was stunned by the news.

Raymond McCray, Aolani's grandfather, said: 'All I know is I got home from the work and they was saying "your granddaughter passed away,"'
A family's pain: Raymond McCray said his granddaughter's family is 'taking it hard' after they found out their daughter had died

A family's pain: Raymond McCray said his granddaughter's family is 'taking it hard' after they found out their daughter had died

Mr McCray said the girl’s parents were 'taking it hard.'

A woman who lives near the day care centre said she felt terrible for the couple that runs it.

She said: 'They’re the nicest people who would ever want to meet. I think they’ve been running a day-care centre for at least 10 years - and doing a great job.'

The National Weather Service issued a heat advisory for Akron due to 90-degree heat and high humidity that made it feel well over 100.

Studies show that the temperature inside a vehicle left in the sun can climb to as much as 140 degrees within two hours.
Investigation: Police said the baby sitter who mistakenly left the child in a dangerously hot car has not yet been charged

Investigation: Police said the baby sitter who mistakenly left the child in a dangerously hot car has not yet been charged

RE: Happens way to often - Lady Cop - 09-05-2011

we had some discussion about this terrible problem in this thread, which you would not have known. i'll merge them. Smiley_emoticons_smile

http://mockforums.net/thread-4754.html

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - Lady Cop - 09-08-2011

sonofabitch! a judge who makes people take responsibility! GOOD ON YOU Judge!

[Image: 15419890_BG5.jpg]

[Image: 15419890_BG4.JPG]

[Image: 15419890_BG2.jpg]

LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - The prosecution and defense are scrambling to pick up the pieces after a judge throws out a plea agreement and issues a much different sentence.

It means major changes in the case of a mother accused of killing her 8-month-old in early 2010.

It's something rarely seen because once the prosecution and the defense come to an agreement, the judge typically rules in favor of the plea agreement. That wasn't the case Thursday in Judge Olu Stevens' courtroom.

Police say last year Geneva Walters gave her son, Michael Cowherd, adult-strength Tylenol then left him in a bathtub while grabbing some formula.

He would die a short time later.

She plead guilty to reckless manslaughter. It carries up to 5 years in jail, but both sides agreed on a deal, calling for 5 years probation and 60 days behind bars.

"She wants to express her sincere apology to the family. She knows that she can't undo what happened but she thinks about her child everyday," said Joe Mills, attorney for Walters.

Thursday's sentencing was largely expected to be an open-and-shut case; instead, it's now wide open for a jury trial.

"Ms. Walters was responsible for this young life and this young life was an infant life. A helpless life. But she had responsibility for it and as a result of her actions or omissions, we're without this young child," Judge Stevens said during the court proceeding.

Judge Stevens threw out the agreement in a rare move and issued the maximum sentence: five years in jail.

"I think he made a strong statement regarding the responsibility of parents and it is our responsibility as parents to protect our children so I was very pleased that he made that a statement that we have to make that a top priority," said Michael Cowherd, grandfather of the infant.

After a brief recess to digest the shock, both sides came back, withdrew the guilty plea, starting over with a trial.

"I'm going to have to think about that because I'm going to have to change my train of thought right now," said Latosha Cowherd, grandmother of the victim.

Now the work begins for a trial. That could result in up to 15 years behind bars for Walters as she'll instead be tried on stiffer wanton endangerment and manslaughter charges.

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - HairOfTheDog - 09-09-2011

[Image: s-ASHLEY-JESSUP-large.jpg]
Ashley Jessup - Dublin, Ohio

This foul 24 year old bitch was just arraigned for raping her 10 month old son and is in jail with a $1 million bond. She is charged with two counts of rape of a child under 13 years old, one count of endangering children and one count of pandering sexually-oriented matter involving a minor. She had taped herself doing it and was sending electronic images to her boyfriend in Michigan. He was telling her what acts to perform on the baby. The boyfriend's ex saw the images and called police (thank gawd).

I sure hope the perverted Michigan boyfriend is arrested as well. Fucker.

The child is in protective custody. The 19 year old father is attempting to retain custody.

Reference:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/09/ashley-jessup-rape-son-10-month-old-baby_n_956125.html

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - Lady Cop - 09-10-2011

DALLAS (AP) -- A 22-year-old mother was facing child abuse charges Friday after police say she glued her toddler daughter's hands to a wall, kicked her in the stomach and beat her over a potty training issue.

Joselyn Cedillo, 2, was on life support with multiple internal injuries at a Dallas hospital Thursday, The Dallas Morning News reported ( http://dallasne.ws/pKJtEb ). A hospital spokeswoman told The Associated Press she had no information on the girl Friday.

The newspaper, citing police records, said glue and paint were stuck to Joselyn's palms, and that skin had torn away in places.

Joselyn's mother, Elizabeth Escalona, was crying and hysterical when she called her own mother Wednesday morning from her Dallas apartment, according to police records. The records show that when the grandmother arrived at the apartment, her granddaughter was unconscious on the floor. She took her to the hospital.

One of the girl's brothers said their mother kicked the child in the stomach and beat her with a belt and shoe, according to police records.

Another sibling said she couldn't sleep during the night because she heard her mother yelling and the girl crying. She said Joselyn had been having difficulty with potty training. She said Escalona dragged Joselyn by her feet from the kitchen to another part of the apartment, put glue on her hands and stuck them to the wall.

"This is beyond abuse," said Dallas police Sgt. Brenda Nichols. "This is torture."

A pediatrician said the girl had "severe life-threatening head and internal injuries" and was in a coma, according to police records.

Escalona is being held on $500,000 bond on a felony injury to a child charge that carries a sentence of up to life in prison. Her attorney didn't immediately return a phone call from the AP seeking comment.

Child Protective Services has taken custody of the girl and her three siblings, said agency spokeswoman Julie Moody. She said she could not discuss the family's history with CPS.

[Image: 093f57ff-923b-4126-81ce-091ae3008125-big.jpg]

RE: Rampant Abuse and Murders of Children - HairOfTheDog - 09-10-2011

A 22-year-old mother was facing child abuse charges Friday after police say she glued her toddler daughter's hands to a wall, kicked her in the stomach and beat her over a potty training issue.

What a fucking bitch. Gang member initiation techniques don't apply to potty training 2 year olds, dumb ass.

I hope Escalona goes before a judge like Stevens in post 137. Mostly, I hope the little girl pulls through. Makes me so mad that I could cry...