Mock
Why Toledo is a shithole - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Assholes In The News (https://mockforums.net/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Why Toledo is a shithole (/thread-4805.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Why Toledo is a shithole - Lady Cop - 01-10-2012

TOLEDO, OH (WTOL) - Police have identified the man whose body was found in a field in East Toledo this morning by a neighbor.

According to police, the victim was Rory Hunter, 23.

Toledo Police was contacted early Tuesday by a man claiming he had spotted a dead body in the 1100 block of East Broadway while walking.

When police arrived at 4:30 a.m., they discovered Hunter's body. He had been apparently shot to death. Officers are waiting for autopsy results but say it appears Hunter had been shot at least twice.

Police do not know why Hunter was killed. Hunter was currently out on parole for robbery.

“We don’t know if it’s robbery, domestic, or drugs,” the sergeant said.

It’s also unknown if Hunter was shot in the field and left to die there or if he was shot elsewhere and his body dumped in the field, which is strewn with trash, dead drug dealers and used tires.

There are no suspects at this time.

Police are asking anyone with information to call CrimeStopper at 419-255-1111.

[Image: 16487726_BG4.jpg]

[Image: East-Toledo-homicide-field.jpg]

RE: Why Toledo is a shithole - Lady Cop - 01-14-2012

re: post 121 ^

18. life over.

[Image: Davon-Daly.jpg]

blade
Toledo police early Saturday arrested an 18-year-old man in connection with the murder of Rory Hunter, whose body was found Tuesday in an East Toledo field.

Devon Daly, address unknown, was taken into custody without incident at 1:30 a.m. at a residence in the 1000 block of Oakdale Avenue and charged with murder, according to a release.

Hunter was shot four times and was discovered in a field near 1152 East Broadway St., about eight blocks from where Mr. Daly was arrested.

RE: Why Toledo is a shithole - NightOwl - 01-17-2012

Update to post #19199 from Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub thread. The Rival Pizza Robbery in Toledo, Ohio the younger one Jacob H was released to-day looks like the charges were dropped completely against him however, Benjamin S will be sentenced 26th of January for the robbery.

Katie Nagel, 19, murdered, Napoleon OH - tlynne - 01-18-2012

I grew up about 20 minutes from Napoleon, had many friends from that town when I was in high school, you think things like this never happen in a small town... very very sad!

FROM THE TOLEDO BLADE
NAPOLEON — A Napoleon man was charged Monday with aggravated murder after police said he stabbed and killed his 19-year-old fiancee.

Napoleon police Chief Bob Weitzel said authorities received a call from Michael Curtis Peddicord, 22, at 11:57 a.m. Monday stating that Kaitlyn Nagel was dead. Mr. Peddicord and Ms. Nagel lived at the same address where police found her body in a bedroom.

Police said Ms. Nagel, 19, had apparently been stabbed multiple times. Her body was taken to the Lucas County Coroner’s Office for an autopsy, which is scheduled for Tuesday. Mr. Peddicord was being held in the Correctional Center of Northwest Ohio in Stryker, authorities said.

According to Mr. Peddicord’s Facebook page, the two started dating in April and were engaged in November.

Sometime shortly before noon Monday, Mr. Peddicord posted to his Facebook page “I Love You Katie Nagel.”

Miss Nagel was the only person to “like” the status; she also wrote under the posting that she loved him, too.

RE: Why Toledo is a shithole - Lady Cop - 01-18-2012

re: post 121.

16. a baby. life over if guilty.

[Image: Jacob-Rodriguez-Lucas-County-Juvenile-Court.jpg]

[Image: Jacob-Rodriguez-Danalle-Williams.jpg]

Jacob Rodriguez, left, listens as his mother, Danalle Williams, tells the judge her son is innocent and does not need to remain in custody. The judge ordered the youth be held in detention because of the crime's seriousness.

blade
A 16-year-old boy, charged with murder and aggravated robbery, could be tried as an adult.

Jacob Rodriguez, of Oregon, who was arrested by Toledo police Tuesday night, is charged in the death of Rory Hunter, 23, who was found shot to death in an East Toledo field on Jan. 10.

Lori Olender, a juvenile prosecutor, on Wednesday morning in a detention hearing said that she would file paperwork to certify the Rodriguez youth as an adult.

He is the fourth juvenile this year to have certification papers filed, Ms. Olender said.

At the detention hearing, Judge Robert Jones, Jr., entered “denial” pleas for the teenager, who is on suicide watch.

The boy’s mother, Danalle Williams, was at the hearing. When she sat next to her son, whose hands were cuffed behind his back, the boy leaned into his mother and began to cry.

Ms. Williams said she would retain counsel for her son.

RE: Why Toledo is a shithole - username - 01-18-2012

Wow. He looks like a little kid. Signs_173

I think I've said it elsewhere but except in very extreme cases, I have a hard time with the idea of locking a kid up for life. It seems like there ought to be a middle ground between charging someone as a juvenile or as an adult.

RE: Why Toledo is a shithole - Cracker - 01-18-2012

(01-18-2012, 03:46 PM)username Wrote: Wow. He looks like a little kid. Signs_173

I think I've said it elsewhere but except in very extreme cases, I have a hard time with the idea of locking a kid up for life. It seems like there ought to be a middle ground between charging someone as a juvenile or as an adult.

Why? The other kid (23 isn't that old) is just as dead. He doesn't get part of his life back.

They should lock the kid up for life AND his POS mother. How the hell does that kid have a gun? Why is he running around with 23 year olds? At least make her serve the first 20 years and he can do the rest.

RE: Why Toledo is a shithole - Midwest Spy - 01-18-2012

(01-18-2012, 03:46 PM)username Wrote: Wow. He looks like a little kid. Signs_173

Yeah, I'm with you. He IS a murderer, but he didn't do what that 20-year old kid did to the little girl in Georgia. THAT animal should never, ever see the light of day again.

This kid should pay, but not a complete lifetime. Maybe serve 25 then let's see how he's doing at that time?

Spy: Maybe serve 25 then let's see how he's doing at that time?

yep. he'd be a real good criminal by then. that's what he'd learn in adult prison.
note: i don't pretend to know the answer.
sad all around. dead guy was a drug dealer, no loss. maybe he should get a medal instead.
goddamn drug thugs start real young. death all around.

RE: Why Toledo is a shithole - koko - 01-18-2012

(01-18-2012, 05:39 PM)Cracker Wrote:

Why? The other kid (23 isn't that old) is just as dead. He doesn't get part of his life back.

They should lock the kid up for life AND his POS mother. How the hell does that kid have a gun? Why is he running around with 23 year olds? At least make her serve the first 20 years and he can do the rest.

Ya it's sad, but he didn't have to kill the dude. I have to say that at 16, even a "slow" or immature 16, you know that shooting someone is wrong. And more than likely you also know the situation(s) you put yourself into preceeding the murder is sketchy at best. I have a hard time actually feeling sorry for him. Maybe if it was a life or death situation and he needed to defend himself but i don't think that's likely.

Cracker made me think, saying his mom should be locked up....I find it strange that if a 16 year old stops going to school a parent can be charged for their child's truancy, but that parents of minors who kill are not legally held responsible.
Obviously, parent's can't control their kids every move but if they can be held accountable for the kid attending school (or not attending), it's interesting that they're not held accountable when the kid commits a crime.

idk, just a spark of thought.

(01-18-2012, 06:06 PM)koko Wrote: I find it strange that if a 16 year old stops going to school a parent can be charged for their child's truancy, but that parents of minors who kill are not legally held responsible.
Obviously, parent's can't control their kids every move but if they can be held accountable for the kid attending school (or not attending), it's interesting that they're not held accountable when the kid commits a crime.

idk, just a spark of thought.

That is a legitimate question. Why are parents responsible for civil crimes a child commits at that age (parents get sued all the time for shit their kids do) but they aren't held accountable for criminal charges?

Where is that sexy young thing that was going to law school? Ari Gold, we need you!

Cracker: but they aren't held accountable for criminal charges?

i'm not adorable like Ari, but i did teach criminal law at our academy. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

civil damages are never more than financial. where in criminal law, freedom can be taken from someone, even a juvenile. it varies with states, but the age of supposed reason can be as young as 7 in criminal matters.
the little fuckers can go to jail and their freedom compromised. so their parents are not charged. but they are liable when junior causes civil/monetary damage.

If we fixed that, kids would behave better. Many parents suck nowadays. They don't give a shit what their kids do unless it affects them personally.

to add to what i said...if your precious snowflake kills someone, he/she may go away to juvie until age 18. or adult prison if tried as an adult (to learn how to be a real criminal). but the victim's family can still sue the parents of l'enfant serial killer on the civil side for wrongful death, depending on situation.

That only costs money that the POS parents don't intend to pay. There really isn't any justice outside of street justice. haha

RE: Why Toledo is a shithole - NightOwl - 01-25-2012

Good old Mr.Z the kid that rode around with Tiffany and in pictures at various parties where Johnny and Lisa were, was arrested 1/22/2012 charged with possession of drugs it's on the Lucas County Booking Summary.

He has a tribute to Johnny & Lisa on his Facebook.

When will they learn drugs just drag a human being down!

RE: Why Toledo is a shithole - Lady Cop - 01-25-2012

too sad. i heard he had cleaned up. or was trying.

edit to add: arrest was for probation violation from juvie drug arrest.
he is 18 now.

[PDF]
IRR0139 -- LCCC-Booking Summary

lcapps.co.lucas.oh.us/ftproot/noris/.../lccc-bookingsummary.pdf
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
3 days ago – 01/22/2012 05:30. Current Status: Released On. 01/23/2012 12:50. Burkett, Zachary T. 01/22/2012 16:21. Book Dttm: Charge. Court. Charge ...

RE: Why Toledo is a shithole - JsMom - 01-25-2012

You would think they wouldn't want to live their life like this. I can't find the fun in it at all. It's sad it really is. Maybe one day they'll straighten up.

RE: Why Toledo is a shithole - Lady Cop - 01-26-2012

OK which one of you Mockers is this?? Policehah

Police are responding Thursday morning to a robbery at a Charter One bank in West Toledo.

According to a release from the FBI, the bank, at 3230 W. Alexis Rd., was robbed at 9:08 a.m. when a woman handed a note to a teller demanding money.

Police describe the suspect as a white woman, about 5 feet, 5 inches tall, about 30 years old. She was last seen wearing a multi-colored knit cap with long side tassles, sunglasses, and a dark red coat.

The woman reportedly received an undisclosed amount of money and fled the bank northbound in a medium green Ford Taurus, approximate model year of 1999, with a white decal on the rear window.

[Image: charter-one-suspect-description.jpg]

[Image: Charter-One-bank-robbery-suspect-color.jpg]

RE: Why Toledo is a shithole - NightOwl - 01-26-2012

Lets hope they arrest "snake bag lady" soon hah Can you believe the nerve of a woman yet to go in there alone like that. The picture is not very good - why are those pictures so bad? my gosh, with all the sophisticated technology we have to-day you'd think better pictures of these law breakers could be had. Maybe that bag will snag her.