Mock
Religious Arguing/News here----> - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Discussions, Opinions & Debate (https://mockforums.net/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Religious Arguing/News here----> (/thread-5069.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Religious Arguing here----> - sally - 10-14-2013

(10-14-2013, 08:53 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: Once you have had your own personal spiritual experience, you get it, it's like, woah it's real. I think some atheists are afraid.

I don't think all atheists are closed to spiritual experiences, it's organized religion they reject.

RE: Religious Arguing here----> - crash - 10-14-2013

That and 'personal spiritual experiences' are very widely open to personal interpretation..

RE: Religious Arguing here----> - HairOfTheDog - 12-30-2013

2013 Pew Survey - Evolution vs. Supreme Being. I like stats and thought these new survey results were really interesting.

POPULATION AS A WHOLE:

[Image: evolution1_0.jpg]

So, 1 in 3 Americans believe that humans have existed in our current form since the beginning of time; they don't believe in evolution. I didn't think the number would be so high.

Of those who do believe in evolution, 1 out of 4 believe that a Supreme Being or God is behind that evolution.

BY POLITICAL PARTY:

[Image: evolution3.jpg]

According to the survey, less than half Republicans believe in evolution and that number has dropped substantially since 4 years ago. This stat surprised me the most.

Less teaching of religion in school, lots of religious scandals in the news (from all over the world), more new archaeological finds showing differences in the early humans as compared to today...but the number of Republicans who believe that humans have always existed in the same form as we do now is increasing?

I'm not critical of that being the case, just curious as to what's behind it.

There are more stats and breakdowns in the full article, here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/30/evolution-survey_n_4519441.html

RE: Religious Arguing here----> - Maggot - 12-30-2013

I'm an Independent and I believe evolution is valid. I also believe in unwarranted leaps in evolution that cannot be explained.

RE: Religious Arguing here----> - Cynical Ninja - 12-31-2013

(12-30-2013, 10:15 PM)Maggot Wrote: I also believe in unwarranted leaps in evolution that cannot be explained.

Such as?

(12-30-2013, 08:18 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: According to the survey, less than half Republicans believe in evolution and that number has dropped substantially since 4 years ago. This stat surprised me the most.

Less teaching of religion in school, lots of religious scandals in the news (from all over the world), more new archaeological finds showing differences in the early humans as compared to today...but the number of Republicans who believe that humans have always existed in the same form as we do now is increasing?

It just confirms what I suspected, Republicans are getting even more stupid.

When you consider their poster child is Sarah Palin is it really a surprise?

RE: Religious Arguing here----> - HairOfTheDog - 12-31-2013

(12-31-2013, 08:08 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote:
(12-30-2013, 08:18 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: According to the survey, less than half Republicans believe in evolution and that number has dropped substantially since 4 years ago. This stat surprised me the most.

It just confirms what I suspected, Republicans are getting even more stupid.

When you consider their poster child is Sarah Palin is it really a surprise?

Assuming the survey results accurately reflect the trends, I wonder if maybe a declining faith in the sitting government translates into an increase in faith of an all powerful Supreme Being, for some? Who knows.

Sarah Palin certainly does get her big (and often ignorant) mouth heard in the media whenever there's an ultra conservative stance to be had on an issue or controversy.

She might still be the poster child for some extreme Tea Partyers, IDK. But, there are a lot of rational conservatives and moderate Republicans out there who see her as little more than a ridiculous celebrity at this point and wish she'd think before she bleats. I know a few of them; I don't think their wish is gonna come true any time soon though. She likes being first on the scene - front and center. Umbrellagate - there! Santa Racial Debate - there! Duck Dynasty Debacle - there! Political biblical interpretations - there!

[Image: palin-pope-jesus.jpg]
I think she's a total (unintentional) crack-up. I don't wanna see her in office, but would miss the laughs if she disappeared from the public scene altogether.

The sooner the Republican party cut all ties with the teabaggers the better it will be for them. Floating voters and independents are always put off by extreme teabagger rhetoric and rightly so. It often borders on outright fascism and that scares a lot of people no matter how conservative they might be. They may want a more right wing government but they don't want a fascist one.

RE: Religious Arguing here----> - Maggot - 12-31-2013

(12-31-2013, 08:02 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote:
(12-30-2013, 10:15 PM)Maggot Wrote: I also believe in unwarranted leaps in evolution that cannot be explained.

Such as?

Einstien, Edison, Tesla, Ben Franklin, all had the spark in their minds that started movements with leaps of knowledge that only comes around every once in awhile. I believe evolution is stagnating. Take yourself for example.

RE: Religious Arguing here----> - Cynical Ninja - 01-01-2014

(12-31-2013, 10:09 AM)Maggot Wrote: I believe evolution is stagnating. Take yourself for example.

Bwahahahahaha!

Being told I'm unevolved by a self confessed maggot!

Pricelessly retarded!

As usual.

RE: Religious Arguing here----> - Maggot - 05-11-2014

Get back here and put up yer dukes you wimpy poor excuse wa-wa of a toothless metro sexual Limey.

RE: Religious Arguing here----> - Duchess - 05-11-2014

Ex-Mock Member - Never to return.

RE: Religious Arguing here----> - crash - 05-11-2014

Pfft...he never did have much ticker when it came down to brass tacks. He was always going to 'categorically prove' this or ''unequivocally show' that when 'had the time', but it never ever happened.

Scared of the shadows again, methinks..

RE: Religious Arguing here----> - FAHQTOO - 05-11-2014

(05-11-2014, 10:14 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Ex-Mock Member - Never to return.

Wasn't that a couple months ago? I guess he just wants to lurk now, cause he can't help himself.

Cynical Ninja's Forum Info

RE: Religious Arguing here----> - Maggot - 05-11-2014

I know what happened!

[Image: Screenshot_2014-01-07-22-24-07_zpsdfc42156.png]

RE: Religious Arguing here----> - crash - 05-11-2014

hah

But what has Clang winning the lottery got to do with Crazy Nutfuck disappearing?

(05-11-2014, 10:31 AM)FAHQTOO Wrote: Wasn't that a couple months ago? I guess he just wants to lurk now, cause he can't help himself.

Cynical Ninja's Forum Info

If I were the twat he says I am I would let 'er rip right about now.

RE: Religious Arguing here----> - HairOfTheDog - 05-11-2014

Be a hawt twat!

Stir shit

I just wanted to use "twat" again because it kinda bugs Dr. M.

This is how I feel about it. I'd say that's unusual but my reality is I feel this way almost 100% of the time.

[Image: pA493bFNOP-10.png]

RE: Religious Arguing here----> - sally - 05-11-2014

Do it, go ahead and be a twat.