Mock
The Royals ~ - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Assholes In The News (https://mockforums.net/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Royals ~ (/thread-5107.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: The Royals ~ - HairOfTheDog - 12-15-2012

(12-07-2012, 05:44 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: The big issue was confidentiality and that was breached. As nurses, we can get into big trouble if we breach someone's confidentiality. Even though the hospital has reported that they took no disciplinary action, there still would have been some professional slur/stigma against her because of this breach. Even though it was not her fault, she still would have paid a cost for not screening the call. This could happen to anyone, we are all human and make mistakes. Unfortunately for her, the whole world was watching. Poor dear, I feel very bad for her and her family.

This report states that Saldanha criticized hospital staff in one of her three suicide notes (the hospital maintains that she and the other nurse were in no trouble and treated only as hoax victims). The second note expresses her difficulty in dealing with the hoax and the third note lays out her funeral requests.

Investigation still underway as to what was contained in emails and phone calls she made between the hoax and her suicide, along with what was going on in her life.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-207_162-57559202/nurse-jacintha-saldanha-criticized-hospital-staff-in-one-of-her-suicide-notes-report/

RE: The Royals ~ - Cracker - 12-16-2012

Just in case you missed it! http://mockforums.net/thread-9427.html

RE: The Royals ~ - HairOfTheDog - 12-18-2012

Your linked thread turned out to be a pretty interesting read, Cracker.

As for the Nurse Saldanha story, she has been laid to rest. This released after her burial:

One of Jacintha Saldanha’s best friends told the Daily News the tragic nurse’s relatives blame the two Aussie shock jocks who duped her into transferring their call to a nurse who revealed details of Kate Middleton’s morning sickness.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/family-nurse-killed-blame-prank-deejays-death-article-1.1216672#ixzz2FRO0F3dN

I understand the grief of Saldanha's loved ones, but if they truly blame the Australian DJs, I think they're off base. JMO.

RE: The Royals ~ - ramseycat - 12-18-2012

So Saldanha wasn't even the one that released the info? What's going on with that other nurse? This lady had very deep emotional issues long before this episode. Her family can blame the shock jocks all they want but it's not their fault. Yes they are assholes but come one. It was a prank call. Not a bomb threat or a life threatening phone call. A normal person doesn't kill themselves over this unless they are already disturbed. I think the family feels guilty for not picking up on the signs and they are looking for someone to blame besides themselves.

RE: The Royals ~ - Duchess - 12-18-2012

Wouldn't that type of phone call have been expected given how high profile this couple is?

RE: The Royals ~ - ramseycat - 12-18-2012

(12-18-2012, 05:39 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Wouldn't that type of phone call have been expected given how high profile this couple is?

Exactly!!! I can't imagine those jocks are the only ones that tried it.

RE: The Royals ~ - aussiefriend - 12-18-2012

Very insightful Ramsey. It's so true, there may have been some illness present before this incident.

RE: The Royals ~ - Duchess - 01-11-2013

The Duchess' first official portrait. I think it's awful. She's a beautiful woman & I don't think this portrait portrays that.

[Image: o-KATE-MIDDLETON-PORTRAIT-570.jpg?4]

RE: The Royals ~ - Jimbone - 01-11-2013

Yeah, it's like they aged her 15 years or something... and the smile looks forced and jaw clenched.

Awful.

RE: The Royals ~ - aussiefriend - 01-11-2013

Maybe the artist captured her true spirit.

RE: The Royals ~ - blueberryhill - 01-12-2013

Very unflattering, she is much prettier than artist portrayed her. Guess most of the world agrees with that according to press.
Kate is said to be very pleased with her portrait, however.

RE: The Royals ~ - Duchess - 05-10-2013

Prince Harry has said he wants to be a champion of 'wounded warriors' - servicemen and women who have been injured in combat - and today he had his first assignment in the U.S. - as he toured one of the country's largest military medical centers.

Harry's visit to the the Walter Reed National Military Center in Maryland came on the second day of his week-long U.S. tour, which kicked off with visits to Capitol Hill and the White House yesterday, before he paid his respects to fallen soldiers at Arlington Cemetery in Virginia this morning.

Dressed in his Army Air Corps fatigues and desert boots, the 28-year-old Prince, known as Captain Wales in the military, listened intently as he was given a briefing on advances in prosthetics after meeting the center's commander, Rear Admiral Alton Stocks.

[Image: article-2322553-19B7948F000005DC-56_964x731.jpg]

[Image: article-2322553-19B7521E000005DC-174_964x625.jpg]

[Image: article-2322553-19B76E3B000005DC-682_964x643.jpg]

[Image: article-2322553-19B7AE2A000005DC-70_964x643.jpg]

[Image: article-2322553-19B6BE50000005DC-545_964x643.jpg]

RE: The Royals ~ - username - 05-10-2013

He's kind of a cutie pie in his own way. Given his past, he sure seems like a guy who likes his fun!

I feel a little pervy in thinking he's attractive, his fun loving nature is a turn on. I like that a lot in people.

RE: The Royals ~ - Midwest Spy - 05-10-2013

I admire Harry and hope his involvement in this endeavor is sincere.

I believe it is.

I think he's sincere too. He knows what it's like to be in combat. He specifically asked for no special considerations, he was treated like any other soldier & spent 2 12 months on the front line flying attack helicopters. Sexy muthafucka.

RE: The Royals ~ - username - 05-10-2013

(05-10-2013, 07:32 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Sexy muthafucka.

Sign_pervert

RE: The Royals ~ - Cynical Ninja - 05-10-2013

He was kept out of the way of harm anybody that thinks that any of the royal family is ever put out of any real danger is living in cloud cuckoo land.

He was a gunner in an apache helicopter basically untouchable number of apache helicopter gunners died in combat in afghanistan equals zero.

What a fucking hero! Virtually Untouchable by insurgents! Royal prick.

So all the stuff I read about him on the front line and flying attack helicopters is rubbish? The nerve.

RE: The Royals ~ - Cynical Ninja - 05-10-2013

He was in the “front line” as a gunner in an apache helicopter.

Apache helicopters are basically without any real opposition or threat in afghanistan from anyone. The taliban have no effective defence against them apaches can gun down insurgents hovering miles away with impunity.

That's a triumph of technology over insurgency but its not an act of bravery.