Mock
The Royals ~ - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Assholes In The News (https://mockforums.net/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The Royals ~ (/thread-5107.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

The Royals ~ - Lady Cop - 03-16-2011

i may as well start a thread on THE wedding. here's a souvenir that will probably be worth big money one day as a collector's item. hah

dumbass chinese...Fox News

LONDON -- It is either a right royal snafu or someone's idea of a joke, but the latest souvenir offering ahead of the April 29 wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton was causing some amusement Wednesday.

Visitors to the website of Guandong Enterprises have the chance to buy a commemorative mug featuring Britain's most famous commoner and the prince she will soon call her ... brother-in-law. "Crafted in the finest bone china" the mug features not William, but his younger brother Harry

While the company's website promises buyers a "beautiful cup" replete with "ornate detailing" on the handle, the maker's keen eye for detail apparently wandered during the research phase of the cup's development.

Unfortunately for the manufacturers, the inscription on the back of the mug -- "The fairytale romantic union of all the centuries. 29th April 2011" -- rings hollow.

see it here:

www.guandongenterprisesltd.com.

RE: The Royals & The Wedding - Cynical Ninja - 03-16-2011

I get an extra day off college/work.

Thats all I've got to say about it.

RE: The Royals & The Wedding - Lady Cop - 03-16-2011

i have to admit a shameful enjoyment of pomp and circumstance, i'll watch the damn thing for the horses and carriages. i like the opening of Parliament too. and trooping the colours. all that traditional regalia is fascinating to some of us who aren't fortunate enough to be there.
i don't like the actual royals themselves, i just like your history-recreating ceremonials.

Meh, all the tourists eat all that shit up, so if its gonna put some fat american dollars into the economy then so be it.

I detest the royal family, tomorrow would be English bastille day if I had my way.

RE: The Royals & The Wedding - thekid65 - 03-16-2011

(03-16-2011, 02:50 PM)Ordinary Peephole Wrote: I detest the royal family,

Must love the fact that your tax dollars support them, eh?

RE: The Royals & The Wedding - Lady Cop - 03-16-2011

OP: Meh, all the tourists eat all that shit up, so if its gonna put some fat american dollars into the economy then so be it.

i guess that's how they feel in orlando when the Brits come over and throw wads of money at disney's wonderful world of highway robbery.

i'd rather see The Tower than "it's a small world".
hah

(03-16-2011, 02:52 PM)thekid65 Wrote: Must love the fact that your tax dollars support them, eh?

They cost me approximately 50 pence a year, and I begrudge every penny.

RE: The Royals & The Wedding - QueenBee - 03-16-2011

(03-16-2011, 02:34 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: i may as well start a thread on THE wedding.

[b]Oh shit..do we HAVE to? I was hoping this would be the one place I would not have to read about them.

RE: The Royals & The Wedding - aussiefriend - 03-17-2011

ok I am going to make a comment about this wedding. I remember Lady Di getting married and that was definately something special. The funeral was horrible and i was in tears.

This wedding just isnt doing it for me i am afraid. I got a curt email from one of my friends who said she thinks their great and I am to leave them alone, when I had sent her a link about the mother of the bride instigating her daughter being at the same uni as him. Look, its great they are getting married, but I am just not into it. I hope it lasts I really do. She is terribly underweight.

RE: The Royals & The Wedding - Lady Cop - 03-17-2011

you can get a kit to knit your own wedding party! corgis included! hah

Among the wealth of tea towels, printed plates and specially forged coins, this unusual souvenir kit has emerged, featuring knitting patterns for ten ‘characters’ from William and Kate’s nuptials.

These include the bride and groom, the Queen and Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams. And, of course, the corgis.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1365155/Royal-wedding-How-knit-Kate-Middleton-Prince-William-corgis.html#ixzz1GrGGRh00

RE: The Royals & The Wedding - naamloos - 03-20-2011

The Corgi is adorableSmiley_emoticons_razz, Thanks for posting these zany little charactersSmiley_emoticons_smile.

RE: The Royals & The Wedding - Lady Cop - 03-27-2011

more souvenirs--the little toys are cute, there are "royal" condoms (purple peepee peasant-skin prophylactics?) and for OP...sick bags! hah

Smiley_emoticons_kotz

RE: The Royals & The Wedding - username - 03-27-2011

(03-17-2011, 07:55 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: ok I am going to make a comment about this wedding. I remember Lady Di getting married and that was definately something special. The funeral was horrible and i was in tears.

This wedding just isnt doing it for me i am afraid. I got a curt email from one of my friends who said she thinks their great and I am to leave them alone, when I had sent her a link about the mother of the bride instigating her daughter being at the same uni as him. Look, its great they are getting married, but I am just not into it. I hope it lasts I really do. She is terribly underweight.

Wow. People actually DO get caught up in this shit. :O

RE: The Royals & The Wedding - Luke Warmwater - 03-28-2011

(03-16-2011, 02:52 PM)thekid65 Wrote:
(03-16-2011, 02:50 PM)Ordinary Peephole Wrote: I detest the royal family,

Must love the fact that your tax dollars support them, eh?

you mean like yours did for larry 'wide-stance' craig there in spudville? hah

RE: The Royals & The Wedding - Cynical Ninja - 03-28-2011

(03-28-2011, 12:33 AM)Luke Warmwater Wrote: you mean like yours did for larry 'wide-stance' craig there in spudville? hah

hah

RE: The Royals & The Wedding - Lady Cop - 03-29-2011

more photos at link below. here's where OP's 50p went. hah

It has been billed as a low-key royal wedding – but when the couple in question are hosting their reception at Buckingham Palace, the reality is anything but.

Yesterday, just a month before Prince William marries Kate Middleton, palace officials offered a glimpse of the venue and the team working round the clock to ensure their big day goes without a hitch.

Those lucky enough to have been invited, will have access to 19 state rooms, decorated in opulent style, following the Westminster Abbey ceremony on April 29.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1370995/Royal-Wedding-guests-sample-best-British-food-19-splendid-rooms.html#ixzz1Hy7xrqAu

RE: The Royals & The Wedding - Duchess - 03-29-2011

I wouldn't put myself through all of that for love or money...not even to be Queen. I'd put up with a lot to be Duchess of Mock though. Awink

RE: The Royals & The Wedding - Lady Cop - 04-02-2011

Here's the Duchess of Cornwall and the Duchess of Alba having themselves a special moment while watching a performance at the Flamenco Museum in Seville. hah

would you dangle a fish hook in front of this woman's mouth? click~

RE: The Royals & The Wedding - Lady Cop - 04-06-2011

Liz' Diamond Jubilee in June...it's going to be quite a spectacle~~[Image: queen.gif]

[Image: article-1373628-0B7F005200000578-16_964x1038.jpg]

RE: The Royals & The Wedding - Lady Cop - 04-21-2011

i love this stuff! dapper little tailor reminded me of Nathan Lane! hahaha

In the strict world of British military protocol, there are even rules on how to faint with dignity.

Unfortunately this woozy soldier seems to have forgotten to read the page on collapsing to attention.

The young guardsman swooned under the beating 24C heat and toppled out of formation before his regiment's pint-sized tailor leaped in to save his blushes.

But Master Tailor Lance Sergeant Matthew Else will not be able to save the unidentified soldier from the rollicking he's in line for for not following the Army's strict fainting orders.

The soldier, of the 1st Battalion Irish Guards, fell during a ceremonial inspection in unusually hot weather today ahead of the Royal Wedding.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1379261/Royal-Wedding-guardsman-faints-parade-rehearsals-tailor-steps-help.html#ixzz1KC0ss7FN

[Image: article-0-0BB8F26800000578-521_634x552.jpg]