Mock
2012 ELECTION - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: POLITICS (https://mockforums.net/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: 2012 ELECTION (/thread-5690.html)

RE: 2012 ELECTION - HairOfTheDog - 08-29-2011

(08-29-2011, 10:08 PM)Maggot Wrote: He is a close second in all the polls although the media does not recognize it. They will see...........all of you shall see!!!!!! Smiley_emoticons_fies

Second to whom Maggot? Perry, Romney, Bachmann?

Bachmann 28

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Fibonacci Prima - 08-29-2011

I can't be bothered to read the blown margins. Too high maintenance.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - IMaDick - 08-29-2011

Ron paul is unelectable, so is bachman.

Perry /cantor might be a good ticket?

RE: 2012 ELECTION - HairOfTheDog - 08-30-2011

Is Ron Paul being ignored?

[Image: 08242011-53v.jpg?uuid=pPt2Ns6EEeCWkZ4yhu9BKQ]
Snipped:

Over the weekend, the Washington Post’s ombudsman — essentially the voice of readers within the walls of the organization — questioned whether Texas Rep. Ron Paul was getting coverage commensurate with his standing in the 2012 presidential race.

His conclusion? “I think The Post could have done much better on Ron Paul.”

But perhaps the strongest case that Paul backers make is that the issue positions he has staked out — deep suspicion of U.S. monetary policy, a desire to end foreign wars and return troops back to our country — have gone from outliers in 2008 to topics of serious discussion in 2012.

As for Paul as a messenger, the political future seems more dim. It’s hard to imagine the GOP would choose a 76-year old Texan who ran for president as a libertarian in 1988 as its nominee against President Obama in 2012.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/is-ron-paul-being-ignored/2011/08/29/gIQAl6denJ_blog.html
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think Paul is an interesting candidate. I hope he doesn't fizzle out early like he did 2008. I'm not sold on either Perry or Romney (still have a lot to learn about their policies and real opinions). It appears Paul has new campaign staffers who worked on his son's 2010 successful Kentucky Senate bid. Maybe he can gain some momentum? He definitely needs to find a way to get more media coverage, imo.

What is interesting, but not surprising, is that Bachmann gets a ton of media coverage. Yet, Paul still managed to climb ahead of Bachmann and take the 3rd spot in in last week's polls (though he trailed Bachmann in July's polls). Wonder why? Smiley_emoticons_wink

RE: 2012 ELECTION - BlueTiki - 08-30-2011

(08-30-2011, 10:40 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: What is interesting, but not surprising, is that Bachmann gets a ton of media coverage. Yet, Paul still managed to climb ahead of Bachmann and take the 3rd spot in in last week's polls (though he trailed Bachmann in July's polls). Wonder why? Smiley_emoticons_wink

The media bailed on Palin. Months ago, she was the target for gaffs and coverage. Now . . . nothing.

I'm wondering if Bachmann is a decoy for a Palin return?

You know . . . catch 'em while they're looking elsewhere.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - IMaDick - 08-30-2011

Naw, Palin is looking at 2016 fro a presidential run, she has not left the building but she is taking a place in the wings and she may get an appointment in a republican administration.

Paul will get the shit beat out of him on his nuke statement in the debates he is unelectable.

Perry is getting attacked, the libs fear him, even though he is somewhat of a rino in a few of his positions, but he did sign on to the one man one woman marriage bomb that was thrown out by the dems as a red herring the other day.

pretty much he said screw you to them, I liked that, he is also for increased states rights, and low taxes and limited government, If he can prove those positions he is the one to beat the illegal kenyan family president.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Cynical Ninja - 08-30-2011

(08-30-2011, 10:56 AM)IMaDick Wrote: illegal kenyan family president.

11hah

(08-30-2011, 10:50 AM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(08-30-2011, 10:40 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: What is interesting, but not surprising, is that Bachmann gets a ton of media coverage. Yet, Paul still managed to climb ahead of Bachmann and take the 3rd spot in in last week's polls (though he trailed Bachmann in July's polls). Wonder why? Smiley_emoticons_wink

The media bailed on Palin. Months ago, she was the target for gaffs and coverage. Now . . . nothing.

I'm wondering if Bachmann is a decoy for a Palin return?

You know . . . catch 'em while they're looking elsewhere.

I've never seen Palin and Bachmann in the same room. Hmmm. Interchangeable, imo.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Harvest Moon - 08-30-2011

(08-29-2011, 10:32 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Bachmann 28

http://www.necn.com/08/30/11/Bachmann-Disasters-a-message-from-God/landing_politics.html?blockID=556328&feedID=4212
"At a Florida campaign stop over the weekend, GOP presidential candidate Michele Bachmann suggested the disaster was a sign from God to cut federal spending.

"Washington D.C., you'd think by now they'd get the message; an earthquake, a hurricane. Are you listening?"
Big surprise

No comment necessary.

(08-30-2011, 11:25 AM)Harvest Moon Wrote: "Washington D.C., you'd think by now they'd get the message; an earthquake, a hurricane. Are you listening?"[/color][/size] Big surprise

She left out: GOP majority in the House.

Hmmmm . . . maybe God isn't a Republican?

Anarchist diety!

(08-30-2011, 11:40 AM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(08-30-2011, 11:25 AM)Harvest Moon Wrote: "Washington D.C., you'd think by now they'd get the message; an earthquake, a hurricane. Are you listening?"[/color][/size] Big surprise

She left out: GOP majority in the House.

Hmmmm . . . maybe God isn't a Republican?

Anarchist diety! deity just sayin

we have a three tiered government.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Cynical Ninja - 08-30-2011

No comment necessary.

Yeah, cutting federal spending as a result of natural disasters is a great idea.

What this disaster scene needs is smaller government.

OP . . . thanks for the catch.

Perry's new campaign poster.

[Image: 110825_boys.jpg]

Every time someone who has served in the military is running against someone who has not (or was not actively serving in the field), it becomes a part of the campaign strategy by the military man. Not serving didn't stop Clinton and Obama from getting elected. Dedicating many years of his life to military service didn't seem to help McCain in his 2008 bid for presidency (neither did choosing Palin as his running mate, imo). Different players, same game.

Anyway, I think this poster is unoriginal, but interesting. I wonder if it or its message will benefit Perry in any way. I highly doubt it.

Nothing will help anyone that does not align with a sector of the public.

we have a sector of the public that believes that military service is important, what the fuck do you think is important in a candidate, tell me so I can tell you it's it's bullshit and it won't help your candidate of choice.

small minds are what fucked this country up and small minds are what will continue to fuck this country up.

that and the liberal agenda which seems to suck in small minds.

I don't have a candidate or party of choice at this time. I'm still looking at the options, researching the issues and trying to get a feel for where everyone stands. I do think that military service and what someone did when they were 22 years old has proven to be rather irrelevant to the modern public when it comes to voting, based only on election results (for both Republican and Democratic candidates).
I'm not saying if it's right or wrong, just an observation that those who haven't served and those who have sown some oats in their youths don't seem to be dinged for it when it comes down to votes.

I don't have answers as to what makes a successful campaign, but I do like watching them progress.

(08-30-2011, 01:42 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I don't have a candidate or party of choice at this time. I'm still looking at the options, researching the issues and trying to get a feel for where everyone stands. I do think that military service and what someone did when they were 22 years old has proven to be rather irrelevant to the modern public when it comes to voting, based only on election results (for both Republican and Democratic candidates).
I'm not saying if it's right or wrong, just an observation that those who haven't served and those who have sown some oats in their youths don't seem to be dinged for it when it comes down to votes.

I don't have answers as to what makes a successful campaign, but I do like watching them progress.

The modern public are a bunch of retards.

stupid fucking DOE brain dead robots.

They haven't got a fucking clue what this country is or is supposed to be.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Duchess - 08-30-2011

(08-30-2011, 11:25 AM)Harvest Moon Wrote: At a Florida campaign stop over the weekend, GOP presidential candidate Michele Bachmann suggested the disaster was a sign from God to cut federal spending.

Jesus Christ. 78

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Midwest Spy - 08-30-2011

(08-30-2011, 02:36 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(08-30-2011, 11:25 AM)Harvest Moon Wrote: At a Florida campaign stop over the weekend, GOP presidential candidate Michele Bachmann suggested the disaster was a sign from God to cut federal spending.

Jesus Christ. 78

We've had so many fucking political loonies come out of Minnesota it's sickening. We're down right embarrassed, actually. Jesse Ventura, Al Franken, Michelle Bachman, Mark Dayton (the guy's a total retard and scared of his own shadow).

Very disheartening. Tim Pawlenty was a good leader. 2 term Republican governor. Cut government spending, stood up to the liberal agenda, and he got laughed out of Iowa a couple of weeks ago.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Duchess - 09-05-2011

Sarah Palin says that "polls" are for strippers & cross country skiers. I'm not saying I disagree with that but I somehow doubt that if she were riding high on the top of the polls she would feel the same way.