Mock
2012 ELECTION - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: POLITICS (https://mockforums.net/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: 2012 ELECTION (/thread-5690.html)

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Lady Cop - 10-05-2011

thank Christ we'll be spared this torture.

(CNN) - Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has decided not to pursue a bid for the 2012 GOP nomination for president.

“I can be on the right path without being a candidate,” Palin said in on the Mark Levin radio show in an interview Wednesday.

She also said she would not consider a third-party bid.

A source close to the Palin family told CNN, "It's exactly how she laid it out. She came to a decision through family and through prayer. I'm not sure it was more than that. What she was telling people was exactly what it was.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Maggot - 10-05-2011

I would rather see Cain go than Romney. Ron Paul is raising a shitload of money, I think his son will have a good chance in the future if he keeps his nose clean. I just wish more people would take my man Paul more seriously. 52

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Duchess - 10-05-2011

Someone told me that Herman Cain thinks that homosexuality is a choice. I haven't taken the time to research that to see if that's true but I find that to be a huge turnoff & it makes me question his sense.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Maggot - 10-05-2011

Sometimes teenagers will say they are gay to garnish attention. Its just another way to be different. Then they change their mind later. Whats that all about?

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Duchess - 10-09-2011

Maggot, your buddy Ron won another straw poll.

Texas Congressman Ron Paul has been declared the winner of the 2011 Values Voter Summit Straw Poll, garnering 37 percent of the vote.

Herman Cain finished in second place with 23 percent, while Rick Santorum took third at 16 percent.

Rick Perry and Michele Bachmann finished in a dead-even tie for fourth at eight percent. The rest of the field saw Mitt Romney net four percent, Newt Gingrich at three percent and Jon Huntsman in dead last with zero percent.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Cynical Ninja - 10-09-2011

(10-05-2011, 07:46 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Someone told me that Herman Cain thinks that homosexuality is a choice. I haven't taken the time to research that to see if that's true but I find that to be a huge turnoff & it makes me question his sense.

He is an idiot.

You have as much say in whether or not you are homosexual as you do with how big your feet are.

(10-05-2011, 07:22 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: thank Christ we'll be spared this torture.

(CNN) - Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has decided not to pursue a bid for the 2012 GOP nomination for president.

“I can be on the right path without being a candidate,” Palin said in on the Mark Levin radio show in an interview Wednesday.

She also said she would not consider a third-party bid.

A source close to the Palin family told CNN, "It's exactly how she laid it out. She came to a decision through family and through prayer. I'm not sure it was more than that. What she was telling people was exactly what it was.

Shame.

Her candidacy had limitless comedic potential.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Duchess - 10-09-2011

(10-09-2011, 06:44 AM)White Pud Wrote: Her candidacy had limitless comedic potential.

...and you know all the late night hosts said the same thing.

(10-05-2011, 07:41 PM)Maggot Wrote: I would rather see Cain go than Romney. Ron Paul is raising a shitload of money, I think his son will have a good chance in the future if he keeps his nose clean. I just wish more people would take my man Paul more seriously. 52

Ron is too old, and hes a Freemason and he has said some truly nutty things.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Duchess - 10-16-2011

GOP presidential hopeful Herman Cain came down hard on immigration Saturday on the campaign trail, telling crowds in Tennessee that part of his policy would be to build an electrified fence on the Mexican border that could potentially kill anyone trying to enter the country illegally.

He backed away from that proposal Sunday morning, however, saying he wasn't serious about the idea.

Entire story

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Maggot - 10-16-2011

Why not? Sounds good to me!
I would rather see our troops here on American soil than overseas.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - BlueTiki - 10-16-2011

(10-16-2011, 06:19 PM)Duchess Wrote:

GOP presidential hopeful Herman Cain came down hard on immigration Saturday on the campaign trail, telling crowds in Tennessee that part of his policy would be to build an electrified fence on the Mexican border that could potentially kill anyone trying to enter the country illegally.

As long as the elcetricity is produced by a renewable and 'green' source, I'm on board.

Just say "No." to Navajo coal!

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Cracker - 10-16-2011

999 baby!

Maybe they can use all those extra solar panels y'all have laying around from Solyndra...

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Duchess - 10-17-2011

*shrugs* I don't have a problem with Herman's idea. Too bad he's not serious.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Cracker - 10-17-2011

"Businessman Herman Cain is leading President Obama in a new head-to-head poll, with seniors and independents taking a particular liking to Cain's unconventional candidacy.

The survey from Rasmussen Reports showed Cain squeaking ahead of Obama in a hypothetical general election contest, pulling in 43 percent compared with Obama's 41 percent.

The lead is within the margin of error. But Cain is the only Republican to have any lead over Obama in head-to-head polls conducted by Rasmussen over the past several weeks."

Let's put a REAL black man in the White House! None of this half-assed shit...

Give Herman a chance.

Did you know this: "As a result, some 47 percent of U.S. households pay little or no income taxes."

Half the people in America aren't paying their share. That's bullshit. They won't want to pay the 999 plan because then they would actually have to pay something. I bet people will start bitching more about this, poor people, instead of using it is incentive to do better.

I would hire someone to do my lawn if I got to keep more of my income.

For the stupid poor people, your 9% would be less than a billionaire's 9%. It's all relative. Of course, it is more than the 0% you have been paying to receive the services and protections of this country, but you'll get used to it.

And while I'm on a roll (just had coffee, haha) I don't want to be lumped in with the 99%. That's some bullshit rhetoric that causes an us vs. them mentality. I'm part of the 53% that fucking pays for everything while the 47% bitch and moan. How the fuck can anyone bitch when they pay NO INCOME TAXES? WTF? Pay your share. Then we will all be in the 100% and I won't hate you so much for being a fucking loser that can't even afford to pay for your own stuff.

(Retired persons shouldn't have to pay anything except a dollar tip to the waitress when they get coffee. Thank you for building this country for me. The rest of you, STFU and pay up!)

RE: 2012 ELECTION - BlueTiki - 10-18-2011

(10-17-2011, 10:44 PM)Cracker Wrote: Did you know this: "As a result, some 47 percent of U.S. households pay little or no income taxes."

Okay . . . let me see if I can clear this up.

47% is the new 99% . . . adjusted for demonstration purposes.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - username - 10-18-2011

(10-18-2011, 02:18 AM)BlueTiki Wrote: Okay . . . let me see if I can clear this up.

47% is the new 99% . . . adjusted for demonstration purposes.

Exactly!

The 9 9 9 plan is intriguing but I'd like more details. One problem is nobody seems to know how buying patterns might be altered with the additional 9% sales tax.

I also heard Cain say that he might consider a 3 3 3 plan in certain areas (presumably poor). As I recall, his reasoning was having 3 3 3 in those areas would encourage people to live and shop there and consequently the areas would improve...? Something like that. I didn't really like it though. If you're going to have a flat tax, have a flat tax. Period.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - BlueTiki - 10-18-2011

No 6 6 6 tax, please.

[Image: the-omen-hanging.jpg]

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Duchess - 10-28-2011

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton performs better than President Barack Obama in a speculative matchup against frontrunning GOP presidential contenders, a new poll from Time finds.

The poll, released as part of a series for the magazine's latest cover story, which features Clinton, shows Obama's 2008 rival leading Romney by 17 points, Cain by 22 and Perry by 26 in a hypothetical competition. Obama leads Romney by 3 points and both Cain and Perry by 12 in the same poll.

The results are just the latest buzz in an ongoing saga of speculation and denial about Clinton's aspirations for higher office. Some have suggested that she'd replace Joe Biden as Vice President ahead of Obama's 2012 reelections campaign, while others have posited, or perhaps just hoped, that she'd mount a primary challenge to Obama in 2012. Clinton's response has been unequivocal denial to both. In fact, she's said that she wouldn't serve in Obama's cabinet past 2012, and that her role as Secretary of State was likely her "last public position."

Story

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Maggot - 10-28-2011

Ron Paul has more support than anyone thinks. I will not be yoked with unbelievers. Smiley_emoticons_slash