Mock
2012 ELECTION - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: POLITICS (https://mockforums.net/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: 2012 ELECTION (/thread-5690.html)

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Cracker - 02-10-2012

Are those private sector numbers or governmental employment numbers? Because business isn't picking up around here. I hope it is somewhere. I don't hate Obama enough to want good people to suffer just so he looks bad.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - HairOfTheDog - 02-10-2012

(02-10-2012, 11:37 PM)Cracker Wrote: Are those private sector numbers or governmental employment numbers? Because business isn't picking up around here. I hope it is somewhere. I don't hate Obama enough to want good people to suffer just so he looks bad.

Not sure Cracker. The article cites last Friday's Labor Department stats on rising employment as a possible contributor to Obama's increased approval rating. I'm not sure if that includes both private and governmental sectors or not.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - IMaDick - 02-11-2012

1.3 million people left the job market permaniently "How the fuck did they do that?" , 236 thousand and some odd jobs were added.

My math tells me that in reality zero jobs were added.

It's magic math, only washington knows how to do the new magic math.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - HairOfTheDog - 02-12-2012

In Maine, Romney squeaked out a tight win over Texas Rep. Ron Paul in that state's Republican presidential caucuses, taking 39% of the vote to Paul's 36%. He had gone 0-for-3 in Tuesday's contests in Minnesota, Colorado and Missouri, which all went to former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/11/politics/pol-maine-wrap/index.html?eref=igoogledmn_topstories

Santorum's stamina really surprises me. I thought he would've folded long before now. Gingrich too. Haven't been very good at predicting the final candidates in this election. For some reason, I thought Perry would be in the race for longer (glad to have been wrong about that).

Obama, Romney, Paul, Gingrich, Santorum, and Roseanne Barr. Strange brew...

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Duchess - 02-12-2012

(02-12-2012, 01:00 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Santorum's stamina really surprises me.

Me too but I don't believe he has a chance of winning the nomination, if by some fluke he does, it's almost certain Obama will have another four yrs.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Cracker - 02-12-2012

I think Mrs. Clinton would have stood a good chance this time.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - username - 02-12-2012

Me too!

RE: 2012 ELECTION - IMaDick - 02-12-2012

I think we as a nation place to much confidence in how much a person can spend to be president.

you do know that all of that crap was introduced as a way to ensure an elite government class don't you?

it is that elite class that has fucked this country up.

we need to make campaign reform that gives each candidate the same amount of money and it needs to be public money not private.

We need to be able to elect from our entire population not just the rich fucktards who can afford to stay in the running.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Duchess - 02-12-2012

Many wonderful people will never even attempt a run because their life would be so scrutinized.

(02-12-2012, 12:50 PM)IMaDick Wrote: we need to make campaign reform that gives each candidate the same amount of money and it needs to be public money not private.

We need to be able to elect from our entire population not just the rich fucktards who can afford to stay in the running.

I could get behind that reform. But, I'd like to see some level of knowledge and critial thinking testing introduced as well. I could see some portions of the population voting for someone because they think that the candidate is physically attractive or because the candidate is famous or some such bullshit. I think some type of knowledge/thinking screening should be introduced for juries too, but then I guess they wouldn't be a jury of "peers" if they actually understood the process and criteria for decision making.

I sound like I think everyone is stupid. I really don't. Just that I think people focus on the wrong things a lot and we end up with unqualified people making decisions that affect many.

(02-12-2012, 01:03 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I sound like I think everyone is stupid. I really don't. Just that I think people focus on the wrong things a lot and we end up with unqualified people making decisions that affect many.

Which is pretty much what we live with now.

we elect politicians, we elect movie stars,we elect rich do nothing nobodies and then wonder why we get screwed.

the elite work for the elite it's as simple as that.

the elite became the elite on the backs of the middle class and that is where they want to stay.

if you want a middle class president elect a middle class person as president

This election is going to break all records with regards to money spent. Makes me sick.

(02-12-2012, 01:07 PM)IMaDick Wrote:
(02-12-2012, 01:03 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I sound like I think everyone is stupid. I really don't. Just that I think people focus on the wrong things a lot and we end up with unqualified people making decisions that affect many.

we elect politicians, we elect movie stars,we elect rich do nothing nobodies and then wonder why we get screwed.

the elite became the elite on the backs of the middle class and that is where they want to stay.

Well, yeah. But, there are smart middle class people who are responsible and make good decisions. Then there are seat-of-your-pants middle class people who can be more charming and attention-grabbing but make poor decisions. Narrowing the pool down to those in the former category makes sense, to me.

In any event, I agree that it's past time to make reforms allowing the non-rich to throw their hats in the ring. Cap the campaign spending. Screen the candidates for qualifications so there aren't thousands of unqualified people petitioning for candidacy, etc...

(02-12-2012, 01:46 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(02-12-2012, 01:07 PM)IMaDick Wrote:

Well, yeah. But, there are smart middle class people who are responsible and make good decisions. Then there are seat-of-your-pants middle class people who can be more charming and attention-grabbing but make poor decisions. Narrowing the pool down to those in the former category makes sense, to me.

In any event, I agree that it's past time to make reforms allowing the non-rich to throw their hats in the ring. Cap the campaign spending. Screen the candidates for qualifications so there aren't thousands of unqualified people petitioning for candidacy, etc...

Our Constitution does the screening, it makes anyone elgibile who is 35 and over and a natural born citizen of this country, the people do the vetting and that's as it should be.

we also no longer need the electoral college we have the ability to vote from our living rooms one man one vote.

(02-12-2012, 01:49 PM)IMaDick Wrote: Our Constitution does the screening, it makes anyone elgibile who is 35 and over and a natural born citizen of this country, the people do the vetting and that's as it should be.

If it was currently working as intended by the Constitution, why would we be advocating for reform? It is no longer true that anyone 35 or over and a natural born citizen is eligible. Big money is now required as well.

We are vetting from a very small elite pool that have an extraordinary amount of money to be in the running, right? We aren't vetting anyone who is Contstitutionally-eligible and wishes to be in the running. That's where we wish to be, which requires reform. Once you take the money-restricting criteria out of the picture, I think there might be thousands who would seek candidacy. Logistically, how we gonna vet all of them? Yeah, the parties will do some of that by backing their preferred candidates, but I can see going from too few potential candidates to way too many. I'm jumping the gun though. Get the concept right and deal with the processes/procedures later. I don't disagree with you about the concept.

The reform we need takes us back to what was originally the intent of the Constitution.

where we are today is a complete mutilation of our Constitution and founding principles.

The elite class is responsible for that mutilation, them and a chicken shit silent majority of the people in this country.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Cracker - 02-12-2012

Our first presidents weren't poor people, or even middle class. They were rich fuckers. Except for that white trash president, but he didn't do too well.

Obama wasn't rich long enough to really understand money and wealth. Bill Clinton didn't come from money, but he was governor long enough to understand the old boys' network. We need to stick with the old money.

The founding Fathers penned a document that was designed to cement the American experience in the hands of the people.

It has been transferred in the dark corners of washinton into the hands of the elite and taken away from the people, you now need permission to be successful in this country.

Dick is starting to sound like an occupier.

(02-12-2012, 03:14 PM)username Wrote: Dick is starting to sound like an occupier.

Not even close dipstick.