Mock
2012 ELECTION - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: POLITICS (https://mockforums.net/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: 2012 ELECTION (/thread-5690.html)

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Midwest Spy - 02-23-2012

Since my prognosticating skills have eroded more than Dick's hairline, I'll offer this tidbit up for the 2012 general election in November, but place your wagers at your own risk:

If Romney gets the nomination, Obama wins re-election.

If Santorum gets the nomination, Santorum wins.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - username - 02-23-2012

(02-23-2012, 06:33 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: If it weren't for the whining, I might consider Buddy a little more seriously. He does make some seriously good points.

As it stands, I'm torn between Ron Paul and Roseanne Barr, both very far to the extreme of everyone else and truly consistent in their extremism. I kid, kinda.

Do I not want to hear him speak? I just visited his website and from appearances I agree with him in several areas (not surprisingly since he was at one time a conservative Democrat, then a left leaning Republican and now an independent).

I like Ron Paul a lot. As you said in an earlier post, with the balance of power...I might vote for Ron Paul believing that some of his more radical ideas would be reigned in by the house and senate.

I don't know. I've never been more uncertain in an election year. None of the candidates really resonates with me.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - username - 02-23-2012

(02-23-2012, 06:37 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Since my prognosticating skills have eroded more than Dick's hairline, I'll offer this tidbit up for the 2012 general election in November, but place your wagers at your own risk:

I'm not expressing Obama love by any means but honestly, I'm not sure either of them would beat Obama but I'd flip your prediction and say I think Romney has a better chance than Santorum.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - HairOfTheDog - 02-23-2012

(02-23-2012, 06:37 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Since my prognosticating skills have eroded more than Dick's hairline, I'll offer this tidbit up for the 2012 general election in November, but place your wagers at your own risk:

That's interesting MS. Why say you? And don't tell me that you're reading the voterships' minds, damn it! I actually want to know.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Midwest Spy - 02-23-2012

(02-23-2012, 06:43 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:

That's interesting MS. Why say you? And don't tell me that you're reading the voterships' minds, damn it! I actually want to know.

I just feel that Romney doesn't represent enough of a difference between himself and Obama.

Santorum, on the other hand, is truly conservative, considered right-wing by many. I think that if he gets the nomination, people in the middle will have to make a choice toward one end of the spectrum or the other.

I believe many middle-of-the-roaders will opt for Santorum after 4 years of Obama. Not that he's done a horrible job, but people like the idea of a fresh-faced, 'out of nowhere' candidate (kind of like Obama 4 years ago).

Romney and Paul are career pols, and I don't think they'd have enought to defeat Obama.

Just my 2 cents.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - HairOfTheDog - 02-23-2012

Good points MS. You might be on to something there.

One thing that I think would be a big advantage for Romney over Santorum though is Romney's success in private sector. He has done well, in my opinion, hammering the point that the fiscal affairs of the government ought to be held to the same standards as a business. Budgets needs to be balanced, period. Loans need to be drawn up with a payment plan and contract that are reasonable and those borrowing must be fully aware that repayment is not an option but a requirement. He made points at last night's debate by opposing Obama's bail out of the auto industry, even though he knows that Michigan is voting today. He was right, in my opinion, that Obama should not have caved to the UAW. They should have gone through a managed backruptcy. They should have been forced to cut fat and reorganize for efficiency. There were several auto makers in the US who were perfectly fine anyway and there were divisions of some of those who were in trouble that were successful.

This is just one example of why I think the fact that he has not always been a career pol is a plus for Rommey vs. Santorum. I appreciated what Cain brought to the table in terms of fiscal/business acumen as well.

But, as I said, I've been thrown for a loop several times as this election has progressed and I could be totally wrong!

Added: And Romney has been hammering his success in directing a fiscally successful Olympics in each debate; I think he's made some points there too.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Lady Cop - 03-13-2012

what phony BS Bullshit

boston herald

Mitt Romney’s transformation into a cheesy grits- and catfish-loving, ya’ll-uttering good ol’ boy in the face of tight contests in Mississippi and Alabama today is being panned by critics — skeptical Southern party officials and pundits.

“If you’re going to pander, at least pander well, and this isn’t pandering well,” said Stephen Gordon, a Republican consultant based in Birmingham, Ala. The former Bay State governor is a Yankee, Gordon said, and will always face skepticism no matter how many catfish filets he raves about.

“People in the Deep South have a bit of a natural distrust for Northerners, especially folks from the Northeast,” said Gordon, who is not affiliated with any campaign in the Republican presidential contest. “There are cultural differences, stemming all the way back to the Civil War, and they affect the way people perceive Mr. Romney.”

Romney, who praised the local delicacy known as cheesy grits during a campaign stop in Jackson, Miss., last week, told a crowd in Mobile, Ala., yesterday that he’s developing a taste for catfish, after telling a South Carolina restaurant owner that he’s “not a catfish man” earlier this year.

“I’m learning to say ‘y’all’ and I like grits. Strange things are happening to me,” Romney joked while stumping in Pascagoula, Miss., over the weekend.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - IMaDick - 03-13-2012

You may want to reconsider your position, bent over the tailgate of a pickup is not a good place for you to be.

I like Santorum, Romney is fucked by Romney care.

anyone who won't repeal that bullshit legislation is in my opinion not viable, Romney will have a hard time telling me and making me believe he will repeal what He himself created.

I like Ron Paul, I also have some feelings of being a separatist country.

We are exporting more oil and refined gasoline that at any other time in history and yet we are paying more at the pump, fuck that we should be keeping our oil and gasoline, The global economy means shit when were hurting and broke.

Close NAFTA

Drill and refine our Gas first

Repeal obamacare

Lower Taxes

increase our own production base across the board

These are the things that are important right now, nothing else.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Midwest Spy - 03-14-2012

Agreed, Dick.

I share the same fiscal principles you do.

Is Santorum the answer? I don't truly know, but wouldn't mind seeing him get the chance.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Duchess - 03-14-2012

I agree with everything Dick posted. [Image: Thud.gif]

(03-14-2012, 11:44 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I agree with everything Dick posted. [Image: Thud.gif]

Since you said you'll be making your vote in this election based on the opinions of Mock Members, I hope you'll sincerely listen to Richard.

I think I'll just run around saying I'm voting for Obama so I can bug the living fuck out of everyfuckingbody.

Obama 2012.

Do I sound grouchy?

(03-14-2012, 11:59 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Do I sound grouchy?

No more ornery than you normally do.

I'd say everything is AOK.

Unless there's something you'd like to share with the membership?

RE: 2012 ELECTION - IMaDick - 03-14-2012

(03-14-2012, 11:55 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I think I'll just run around saying I'm voting for Obama so I can bug the living fuck out of everyfuckingbody.

Obama 2012.

(03-14-2012, 11:59 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Do I sound grouchy?

I was thinking you sounded stupid, But it could just be that im grouchy.

As always, I'll give your opinion all the consideration it's due. Thanks!

That was mean. I am so sorry. Love3

(03-14-2012, 12:05 PM)Duchess Wrote:

As always, I'll give your opinion all the consideration it's due. Thanks!

And rightly so lefty.

I actually apologized for that, not everyone gets that from me. 86

(03-14-2012, 12:20 PM)Duchess Wrote:

That was mean. I am so sorry. Love3

It's all good, I don't want to hold what you say against you, not when I can think of so many other things I would rather hold against you.