Mock
2012 ELECTION - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: POLITICS (https://mockforums.net/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: 2012 ELECTION (/thread-5690.html)

RE: 2012 ELECTION - pspence - 03-14-2012

(08-13-2011, 06:55 PM)Cracker Wrote: Have you noticed Obama has a small head for a black man but a big head for a white man? What's up with that?

I wished he'd get rid of that mole/wart thing on his nose!

(02-12-2012, 01:28 PM)username Wrote: This election is going to break all records with regards to money spent. Makes me sick.

Makes me sick also. They're all bought and sold by their contributors. Obama/Dems want to give too much to the poor and Repubs want to give to much to the rich. Working stiffs like my husb and I are screwed.

(02-12-2012, 12:56 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Many wonderful people will never even attempt a run because their life would be so scrutinized.

Exactly. Some of our nations finest have "inhaled" and had some "moral lapses in judgement"...isn't right they should have their private lives so scrutinized. Who wants some "perfect" person with no flaws any way? They've got to be neurotic as hell and a total bore.

I'm so totally uninspired by either.

I understand totally the folks on the right (Dick) and agree with so many of your points. Repubs care/dedicated more to the individual...the American dream...fiscal responsibility blah blah but hey, these wars are costing us a heck of a lot more than Obama's health care.

Dem's are more for "society at large"...help the poor have opportunities, etc...I work in Public Health and the stats coming out everyday with all of the immigrants (not right or wrong if they should come or not, but just dealing with the statistical facts they are coming in droves), the increasing population of low income Latinos, other minorities, etc. (actually in some places not minorities anymore) we've got to "deal with it" as a society or we'll have mass mahem, mass disease, (if we want to or not) etc.

Obama and Michelle got to their ivy league schools with "minority scholarships"....George Bush went to Yale because of "privlege". My bright white son from middle America wouldn't have a chance of going to a school like that. Another example of how the middle class people are screwed. We just pay for it all.

Someone said once, "Democrats are made up of blacks and eggheads" and "Republicans are the wealthy and rednecks". Kind of cracked me up at first ...but hey,think about it. What if the wealthy "throw a few measley tax breaks for the working guy" to keep him content and quiet so the wealthy can keep their resources untouched under the guise of "leave corporate america alone".

I'm still pissed that I pay 29% taxes on my paultry income and Mitt Romney pays 12.5%.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - IMaDick - 03-14-2012

The right as you call us haven't had control of the wars or the funding for 3 years.

I'm thinking you have some faulty information or a faulty computer to sort the infomation out with.

Obama has extended the Bush tax cut how many times?

How much oil and gas are we exporting? when did the numbers increase?

Who wrote the tax code that allows Romney to pay 12.5 and you pay more?

Who made the laws and continues to make the laws that won't force our Government to work within a budget like the rest of us?

Who said we have to pass the bill to find out what's in it, concerning obamacare?

who had control of the house and senate for the first 2 years after obama took office?

how much has our nations spending increased in the last 3 yers?

The right as you call us haven't had control of the wars or the funding for 3 years.

I didn't mean anything insulting by the right...I am "right"on several fiscal issues (ex. should have small gov't) ...gov't should be our slave not us slave to it....but I do know who got us into the recent wars.. and "mission ain't accomplished" yet. And maybe they were necessary ...I would not pretend to have the expertise to know...maybe if we didn't fight them over there we'd have to fight them here on our own soil...

I'm thinking you have some faulty information or a faulty computer to sort the infomation out with.

very possibly so Smiley_emoticons_smile...but I'm open minded and always willing to learn

Obama has extended the Bush tax cut how many times?

have no 'effin clue

Who made the laws and continues to make the laws that won't force our Government to work within a budget like the rest of us? I do know that Clinton was the first one that balanced it in a long time.how much has our nations spending increased in the last 3 yers? I'm sure a shitload! I'm just saying the wars haven't helped.

That's why I love Mock and these interesting discussions! I was raised in a military family...I'm a very patriotic Navy brat...my dad used to say "we need the genius of both parties" so I guess I've always looked at it that way but always willing to be educated and swayed!

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Maggot - 03-14-2012

I hate the extremes of both parties and look for the teeny tiny bit of common sense that Washington can at times produce.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - FAHQTOO - 03-14-2012

(03-14-2012, 09:22 PM)Maggot Wrote: I hate the extremes of both parties and look for the teeny tiny bit of common sense that Washington can at times produce.

I can't remember the last time any of them "produced" anything but a bunch of bullshit.

I don't like any of them. It looks like another election of voting for whoever runs against Obama, whether I like them or not.

We haven't had a decent president since Ronnie.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - pspence - 03-15-2012

I like Ronnie but I also liked Bill...country thrived under both administrations...also learned new definitions of what sex was and new definitions of the word "is"...

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Duchess - 03-15-2012

*sigh* Bill. 75

RE: 2012 ELECTION - username - 03-15-2012

(03-14-2012, 09:22 PM)Maggot Wrote: I hate the extremes of both parties and look for the teeny tiny bit of common sense that Washington can at times produce.

Me too. I think we're doomed until we take the money out of the election process. Each candidate should be able to raise some nominal amount. Fuck all these robo-calls and expensive t.v. ads (and movies!).

RE: 2012 ELECTION - HairOfTheDog - 03-18-2012

Catching up on some election news today.

In order to vote in the GOP presidential primary in Puerto Rico, voters must sign a "Republican Party of Puerto Rico Affiliation Form" pledging commitment to the ideological principles of the Party. Currently, there are 20 delegates tied to Puerto Rico. Romney and Santorum are fighting for every one they can get.

Today was the primary. Landslide for Romney in PR.

Romney: 88%
Santorum: 10%
Paul: 1%
Gingrich: 1%

[Image: 120318012024-romney-pr-story-top.jpg]
Romney's trip to the island included a raucous rally Friday night that featured hours of upbeat music and dancing, including some local politicians onstage, that built up to Romney's keynote speech.

Source: CNN (summarized)

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Duchess - 03-20-2012

Newt Gingrich wants President Obama to apologize for a joke that Robert De Niro made at a campaign event Monday night.

"What De Niro said last night was inexcusable and the president should apologize for him," Gingrich told supporters in Shreveport, Louisiana, according to CNN.

*snicker*

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Cynical Ninja - 03-21-2012

(03-20-2012, 04:46 PM)Duchess Wrote: Newt Gingrich wants President Obama to apologize for a joke that Robert De Niro made at a campaign event Monday night.

"What De Niro said last night was inexcusable and the president should apologize for him," Gingrich told supporters in Shreveport, Louisiana, according to CNN.

*snicker*

Newt, like most Republicans, is a hypocritical bullshitter.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - HairOfTheDog - 03-28-2012

I read last week about some Republican Party advisors pushing for Gingrich and Paul to drop out of the race, for the sake of the party. Today, I 'm reading that a CNN poll shows that if the election were held today, Obama would beat Romney by a margin of 11% and Santorum by a margin 13%. Obama's approval rating is over 50% and the public perception that the economy is "good" is 31%, the highest in 4 years, according to CNN.

As a citizen, I'd like to see everyone run until they drop, that's what it's all about. But, if I were a political advisor to the Republican Party, I think I'd be pushing to get Gingrich and Paul to drop out too. The GOP needs to at least narrow it down to 2 candidates that have a fighting chance of giving Obama a run for his money in the next couple of months and can then ramp up it up by November. Romney and Santorum need the Gingrich and Paul supporters to get behind them, imo, or I don't think they'll be much of a competition at all (unless something drastic/major happens before November).

This was interesting:
Although Obama has been president for more than three years, 56% of Americans continue to blame former President George W. Bush and the Republicans for the country's current economic problems, with only 29% blaming Obama and the Democrats.

That's a helluva perceived Bush hangover, 3+ years.

Reference:
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/28/cnn-poll-obama-leads-romney-and-santorum-in-november-showdowns/

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Cracker - 04-04-2012

WHOA!

Obama called the Supreme Court of our land "a group of unelected people." They don't just volunteer for service, they are nominated by the President and confirmed by a Senate vote.

How can you sit there and not be horrified? The systems of checks and balances that keeps our effed up gov't under control is now being scoffed at by the POTUS. We have THREE branches of government here. WTF?

If you people vote for him, I will punch you in the fucking throat.

Lay down your cud and look around.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - username - 04-04-2012

Santorum ran an ad supposedly denegrating Obama's policies but at the end he superimposed Romney's face in there. The republican establishment is face palming hard.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Duchess - 04-04-2012

(04-04-2012, 01:16 PM)Cracker Wrote: If you people vote for him, I will punch you in the fucking throat.

I'd tell you I did just to see you try & then I'd take you the hell out. Ha Ha fuckin' Ha.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - username - 04-04-2012

(04-04-2012, 02:40 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(04-04-2012, 01:16 PM)Cracker Wrote: If you people vote for him, I will punch you in the fucking throat.

I'd tell you I did just to see you try & then I'd take you the hell out. Ha Ha fuckin' Ha.

Threats!

BAN DUCHESS AND CRACKER!!!

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Lady Cop - 04-04-2012

heh heh i haven't used my smite button in a while. Becoming evil17
but Duchess pays the bills around here. NICE Duchess! Love3

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7327]