Mock
2012 ELECTION - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: POLITICS (https://mockforums.net/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: 2012 ELECTION (/thread-5690.html)

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Cracker - 04-24-2012

(04-24-2012, 03:53 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: Rothschild is a fucking fruitloop.

I agree. Nutfucks are always grandiose. They tell themselves other people must not understand if they disagree with them. Nope, just think you are fucking crazy. (This was not a stab in your direction, btw.)

We have the power to fill our Senate and House with lawmakers who reflect our wants.

This pissed me off:

Senate Democrats are pushing new legislation aimed at nullifying Arizona's controversial immigration law -- just in case the Supreme Court, which hears the case Wednesday, upholds the policy.

The proposal, announced Tuesday by Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., would stand virtually no chance of passing in the Republican-controlled House. But it marks the latest preemptive challenge by Democrats to a high-stakes Supreme Court decision.

The immigration case arrives at the high court Wednesday just weeks after the justices heard arguments in the multi-state challenge to the federal health care overhaul. Though the justices are not expected to rule in that case until summer, President Obama had cautioned the "unelected" judges against overturning his landmark domestic policy accomplishment -- claiming such a move would be "unprecedented."

Schumer's fallback option on the Arizona immigration case holds a similar message. If the high court upholds the law, the congressional proposal would be a direct rebuke to that decision.

"Immigration has not and never has been an area where states are able to exercise independent authority," Schumer said Tuesday at a Capitol Hill hearing, where he announced he would introduce the proposal should the Supreme Court "ignore" the "plain and unambiguous statements of congressional intent" and uphold the Arizona law.

He said the proposal would only allow states to arrest illegal immigrants if they are operating under an "explicit agreement" with Washington and are being supervised by federal officials. Plus he said the proposal would preempt state governments from enacting their own employment verification laws.

People fight wars over this shit. States' Rights. Are we a Union or a Nation? To shove one view down the throats of all people is the worst kind of tyranny.

Time to pay attention.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Lady Cop - 04-25-2012

MANCHESTER, N.H. — Mitt Romney claimed the Republican nomination he has long sought last night in the state where he kicked off his bid to oust President Obama, seeking to cast the next chapter of the election as a choice between Obama’s failures and his own record as Mr. Fiscal Fix-It.

we can thank Maggot for this. hah

i started a new election thread:

http://mockforums.net/thread-7810.html

Beat_deadhorse

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Maggot - 04-25-2012

I have never held my nose and wrote at the same time. This may be a first.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Duchess - 04-25-2012

(04-19-2012, 08:34 PM)rothschild Wrote: If you think the electoral system is broken to the point that it's incapable of producing outcomes representative of the general interests of our nation, you have no reason to regret choosing not to participate in it.

If all people who felt that way were to stop participating, it would quickly become apparent that it is an illegitimate institution.

I've thought about this quite a bit since I first read it & I do think the system is broken, I haven't exactly trusted it in several years and frankly what the hell do I really care if someone online tells me I'm not entitled to my opinion because I didn't vote, pfft and no one in real life would dare to say that to me so I'm really leaning towards not voting, screw 'em all.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Maggot - 05-01-2012

I found this cartoon hilarious. hah

[Image: 2012_04_29_GREENERPASTURES-thumb-700xauto-1137.jpg]

RE: 2012 ELECTION - HairOfTheDog - 05-01-2012

hah Pretty funny, Maggot.

This one made me smile when I saw it a little while back.

[Image: Gingrich-Romney-Obama-2012-Cartoon.jpg]

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Maggot - 05-01-2012

hah OH so true!!

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Cynical Ninja - 05-01-2012

The fight between the Republican candidates got really personal, it was tabloid garbage politics.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Duchess - 05-01-2012

Rothschild, where are you?

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Cynical Ninja - 05-02-2012

(05-01-2012, 03:55 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Rothschild, where are you?

He/she is busy trying to singlehandedly prove that 911 was an inside job.

hah

RE: 2012 ELECTION - HairOfTheDog - 05-02-2012

Looks like Newt Gingrich is officially pulling the plug on his campaign later this afternoon. Only Romney and Ron Paul officially still in the Republican ring.

[Image: thumbnail.aspx?q=4640596758694962&id=893...2-0-16.jpg]

A statement he made yesterday, 5/1:
"Because of your help and your support, we were able to put up a terrific campaign, and I want you to know that Callista and I are both very grateful to everybody across the country," Gingrich said. "I want you to know that we're going to continue out there on the road. Both Callista and I will be talking, campaigning, making speeches, doing everything we can to help defeat Barack Obama."

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Lady Cop - 05-08-2012

this is for Duchess...separated at birth? hahahaha

[Image: 128600.jpg?v=1]
Bill and hillary at Yale

[Image: 128601.jpg?v=1]
Jeff Bridges in The Big Lebowski

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Duchess - 05-08-2012

(05-08-2012, 02:32 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: this is for Duchess...separated at birth? hahahaha

You know I love me some Bill Clinton. I'd smoke a cigar with him. *snicker*

I think I saw that photo in one of his books. They both look so much better now, age agrees with them.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - username - 05-09-2012

Obama supports gay marriage.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/president-obamas-calculated-gamble-on-gay-marriage/2012/05/09/gIQAxlsWDU_blog.html

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Maggot - 05-09-2012

(05-09-2012, 03:23 PM)username Wrote: Obama supports gay marriage.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/president-obamas-calculated-gamble-on-gay-marriage/2012/05/09/gIQAxlsWDU_blog.html

I wonder who told him to do that?

RE: 2012 ELECTION - username - 05-09-2012

(05-09-2012, 04:36 PM)Maggot Wrote:
(05-09-2012, 03:23 PM)username Wrote: Obama supports gay marriage.

I wonder who told him to do that?

Biden. From a reelection standpoint, I think it was a mistake.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Duchess - 05-14-2012

No surprise...from the WSJ

Rep. Ron Paul said Monday he will stop campaigning in coming Republican primary elections but will continue focusing on state conventions to pick up delegates ahead of the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Fla., this summer.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Lady Cop - 05-17-2012

told you all! this has been going on for years 115 ...many were registered AFTER they died. 96
all those chads will continue to hang. Old22

Miami Herald

TAMPA, Fla. -- Florida is calling on county election supervisors to remove more than 53,000 dead people from the state's voting rolls.

State officials this year checked Social Security files and concluded that people who died were still registered to vote. This was the first time the state checked the files. It was allowed under a controversial election law that passed the GOP-controlled Legislature last year.

An attorney with the Department of State told election supervisors on Wednesday they have seven days to remove a deceased voter from the rolls.

But some supervisors want to know if they will be given more proof that the voter is dead.

The move to remove dead voters comes at the same time when state officials are pushing to remove thousands non U.S.-citizens from the rolls.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - username - 05-23-2012

I just heard about this today. Cracked me up. Joe, Joe, Joe...hah

Vice President Joe Biden, speaking Thursday about foreign policy at New York University, said President Barack Obama "has a big stick" as he attempted to describe the administration's approach to Iran.

Biden, notorious for his gaffes, said when it comes to Iran policy, it was time to heed the timeless advice of Theodore Roosevelt, to "speak softly and carry a big stick."

"I promise you, the president has a big stick," Biden said.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - HairOfTheDog - 05-24-2012

This is a new ranking of election issues in order of importance, according to a CNN readership poll of over 33,000 people.

1 Economy
2 Health care
3 National debt
4 Education
5 Taxes
6 Help the middle class
7 Government reform
8 Energy & environment
9 State of politics
10 Social security

Kinda wish the debates would take place before October; a little further ahead of election day.