Mock
2012 ELECTION - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: POLITICS (https://mockforums.net/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: 2012 ELECTION (/thread-5690.html)

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Cracker - 07-17-2012

Law of the Sea Treaty, also known as the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (they leave that part out on purpose):

Did your representative support it? Mine didn't. Why?

Americans despise taxes. After all, one of the key issues that paved the way for the American Revolution was the unfair taxation that King George III levied against the Colonies.

Now some in the US Senate want to say yes to an international tax. It would be the first time in history that an international organization would possess taxing authority, and it would amount to billions of American dollars being transferred out of the US Treasury.

The U.N. Convention on the Law of the Sea, or the Law of the Sea Treaty (LOST) is the vehicle through which such taxes would be imposed on U.S.-based commercial enterprises.

The treaty that Reagan refused to sign in 1982 is reappearing once again in the Senate. The truth is, LOST contains numerous provisions that hurt the U.S. economy at a time when we need more jobs – not fewer.

Under the guise of being for “the good of mankind, ” LOST would obligate the United States to share information and technology in what amounts to global taxes and technology transfer requirements that are really nothing more than an attempt to redistribute U.S. wealth to the Third World.

At the center of these taxes and transfers is the International Seabed Authority (ISA), a Kingston, Jamaica based supra-national governing body established by the treaty for the purpose of redistributing cash and technology from the “developed world” to the “developing world.”

Ceding authority to the ISA would mean that the sovereignty currently held by the U.S. over the natural resources located on large parts of the continental shelf would be lost. That loss would mean lost revenue for the US government in the form of lost royalties that the U.S. government collects from the production of those resources. According to the U.S. Extended Continental Shelf Task Force, which is currently mapping the continental shelf, the resources there “may be worth billions if not trillions” of dollars.

Redistribution comes up with Obama over and over. You people elected a Marxist. Please don't do that again.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Duchess - 07-22-2012

I just got my polling place card in the mail & in a box titled "Political Party Affiliation" it says unaffiliated. Why wouldn't it just say Independent given that's what I have always seen it termed as? I find it hard to believe I've never noticed that before now so I think it must be something new.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Donovan - 07-22-2012

Funny how the word "independent" implies something it's okay to be, while "unaffiliated" seems to indicate unfinished business. Gotta figure that's subtle and deliberate.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Ma Huang Sor - 07-26-2012

[Image: photo.php?fbid=10150963231316275&set=a.1...e=1&ref=nf]

RE: 2012 ELECTION - HairOfTheDog - 07-27-2012

WHAT IF THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE VOTES TIE @ 269 EACH?

Some political analysts believe that there is a possibiity that the 2012 campaign could result in a tied number of electoral college votes for Obama and Romney. If this were to happen, the House of Representatives would vote to decide the president (regardless of popular vote). The last time a "contigent election," as it's known, occurred was 1824.

The Senate would decide the Vice President by a simple majority vote. So, theoretically, you could have a Republican POTUS and and a Democratic VPOTUS if a contingent election were to occur.

Snipped:
...here's one plausible scenario in which no candidate wins an Electoral College majority in November:

Romney tears up Obama's 2008 map and wins New Hampshire, Iowa, Ohio, Florida, North Carolina and Nevada.

Obama, meanwhile, keeps Colorado, Virginia, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin in the Democratic column.

That combination of states adds up to 269 votes for each candidate -- and that's just one of several realistic scenarios yielding the same outcome.

[Image: 120725074314-ec-map-horizontal-gallery.jpg]

The article touches on likely repercussions to the electoral college system (which is part of what makes the US a republic, rather than a democracy) in today's world, as compared to when the electoral college vote tied back in 1824. Interesting read, imo.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/26/politics/electoral-college-tie/index.html

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Duchess - 07-30-2012

*sigh* Bill 75

Former President Bill Clinton will have a marquee role in this summer's Democratic National Convention.

Story

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Jimbone - 07-30-2012

[Image: clinton-colombian-prostitutes.jpg]

Hahahaha!

RE: 2012 ELECTION - shitstorm - 07-30-2012

(07-22-2012, 11:58 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I just got my polling place card in the mail & in a box titled "Political Party Affiliation" it says unaffiliated. Why wouldn't it just say Independent given that's what I have always seen it termed as? I find it hard to believe I've never noticed that before now so I think it must be something new.

Because Independent is a trademarked name for a political party.

Alright but given that's what I'm registered as shouldn't it have said that in the box supplied rather than unaffiliated?

Aren't Republican & Democrat trademarked as well?

RE: 2012 ELECTION - shitstorm - 07-30-2012

We, as a nation are fucked and have been for a LONG time. These two parties have a stranglehold and both are globalists. Democrats are worse, for sure, but have the same foreign policy (empire) that will destroy us. Just saw Romney over in Israhell, kissing Jew ass, just like Obama has. Sickening.

[Image: wailing-wall-obama.jpg]
[Image: ap_mitt_romney_western_wall_jt_120729_mn.jpg]

“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”

- Cicero, Roman Statesman

[Image: Flag-Pins-USA-Israel.jpg]

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Duchess - 08-06-2012

The election is three months from today & I still don't have a clue who I'm going to vote for. I don't like the choices offered & that's not going to change. Smiley_emoticons_slash

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Lady Cop - 08-11-2012

[Image: RomneyRyanVP_20120811_081414.jpg]

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Duchess - 08-11-2012

Can anyone hear me laughing?

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Maggot - 08-11-2012

He picked a good one, Ryan will decimate any democrat that foolishly tries to debate him.

I was just listening to him. He keeps emphasizing the word "right".

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Maggot - 08-11-2012

Better than the word eeeeeeeer.........hah

RE: 2012 ELECTION - username - 08-11-2012

He must have read my post about picking a budget hawk.

Interesting...

RE: 2012 ELECTION - pspence - 08-11-2012

Is this guy going to be good or bad for Romney?

I think he sits so far to the right that he isn't even in the same room as the average person but Maggot doesn't seem to have a problem with him (that he has voiced anyway) and he's a pretty good judge of character.