Mock
2012 ELECTION - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: POLITICS (https://mockforums.net/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: 2012 ELECTION (/thread-5690.html)

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Duchess - 08-12-2012

(08-12-2012, 02:12 PM)username Wrote: It's become a game of anything the other side wants must be fought at all costs.

They've been like teenage girls in that regard.

Many will deny this, they are entitled to their opinion...I firmly believe that there are many in Washington even as I type this who cannot stand that there is a black man in the White House. He could turn around the economy, make sure everyone had a job who wanted a job & find a cure for the common cold and they would still deny him any credit whatsoever.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Riotgear - 08-12-2012

(08-12-2012, 02:22 PM)Duchess Wrote: He could turn around the economy, make sure everyone had a job who wanted a job & find a cure for the common cold

Except for the fact that he's a gangster and a company man through and through. Just like anyone who's ever or who will ever hold that office.

Agreed.

None of them care about us.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - username - 08-12-2012

I agree Duchess. I have no sympathy for Romney and his tax returns after what Barack HUSSEIN Obama went through with his b/c.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Maggot - 08-12-2012

A republican house and Senate would bring a budget surplus, it happened when Clinton was in office. At least he knew how to be bi-partisan at certain times. With Barry, being bi-partisan means agreeing to everything he says. That is not a racial thing but Chicago politics. If anyone disagrees with Barry they become racist. That in itself is a bad politics from any standpoint. If his policies were actualy good they might be considered. I did give him one year..........he failed.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Jimbone - 08-12-2012

(08-12-2012, 02:22 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Many will deny this, they are entitled to their opinion...I firmly believe that there are many in Washington even as I type this who cannot stand that there is a black man in the White House. He could turn around the economy, make sure everyone had a job who wanted a job & find a cure for the common cold and they would still deny him any credit whatsoever.

I disagree.

I believe that there are many in Washington who want to deny him anything, but I believe it is more about ideology than color. Sure, there are probably a few rednecks in suits... but I think the number is pretty small. A racist country would have never elected him by such a huge margin - white people put him in office.

At any rate he had his chance to turn the economy around ($1 trillion + on stimulus) and it didn't work. He had his chance to turn unemployment around, and that hasn't worked out either. Had he done either of those things his re-election would be a lock.

Instead he's pushed us deeper and deeper into debt ($5 trillion plus in just 3.5 years) and given us another entitlement program that we have no way to pay for.

He could be iridescent green and people would still be against him, because he is fiscally irresponsible.

(08-12-2012, 02:53 PM)Maggot Wrote: it happened when Clinton was in office. At least he knew how to be bi-partisan at certain times.

He knows how to get things done. 75

RE: 2012 ELECTION - cladking - 08-12-2012

I confess I haven't read the thread but this will be the stupidest election of my lifetime. Romney thinks the rich are entitled to their money because they bought and paid for Congress and Obama thinks he's entitled to the job because he's black. Neither sees the root of the problem which is the idiocy which is Washington DC. How appropriate that before it changed from the poorest city in the country to the wealthiest in less than ten years that it was run by a crack smoking liar who served near a lying president who shoved cigars in interns.

Nobody cares about the fact that the schools have failed and Obama keeps making changes that will make the problenm far worse. He wants as many expulsions from suburban schools as inner city schools so now if the teacher survives the rape in the inner city the student won't get in trouble. The country continuesa to crumble at the hands of the leaders who have golden parachutes to deploy and protect them from their own failures and oversights. Bankers openly gamble with depositors money as the regulators are bought and paid for. When the gamble wins another billion dollars goes to the Cayman accounts and when they lose the taxpayer bails them out. Waste is so deeply engrained in the system and the minds of the leaders they can't see we throw away far more than what is needed for everyone to be wealthy. Bankers make products with no value and con people into buying them yet none face jail. They abscond with the assets of individuals when MFG goes bust but none are in jail. The regulators sit on their hands and aren't even being investigated.

Meanwhile we are screamimg down the tracks to the cliffs with no one who even knows how to run the train. It really doesn't matter because the tracks are missing ahead anyway.

This whole unfolding catastrophy appears to be intentionally engineered by the same folks who brought us the choice between Romney and Obama. A vote for either is a vote for disaster.

(08-12-2012, 03:04 PM)cladking Wrote: Meanwhile we are screamimg down the tracks to the cliffs with no one who even knows how to run the train. It really doesn't matter because the tracks are missing ahead anyway.

This whole unfolding catastrophy appears to be intentionally engineered by the same folks who brought us the choice between Romney and Obama. A vote for either is a vote for disaster.

^This.

(08-12-2012, 03:10 PM)Riotgear Wrote:
(08-12-2012, 03:04 PM)cladking Wrote: Meanwhile we are screamimg down the tracks to the cliffs with no one who even knows how to run the train. It really doesn't matter because the tracks are missing ahead anyway.

^This.

Yep. I hate both parties. We're fucked until we elect a true independent IMO.

(08-12-2012, 03:13 PM)username Wrote:
(08-12-2012, 03:10 PM)Riotgear Wrote:

^This.

Yep. I hate both parties. We're fucked until we elect a true independent IMO.

I think it's cute how people think 'we' have a say in anything at all. If you ran things would you ever let 'the people' decide anything? I know I wouldn't. The people are fucking retarded.

But hey, what do I know? Enjoy feeling like you're getting somewhere voting. Lulz.

Not voting is just giving up. I'd rather throw my vote away on some independent candidate. If enough people stopped voting for the republocrats, it might start to send a message.

It's all about money.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - pspence - 08-12-2012

(08-12-2012, 02:22 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(08-12-2012, 02:12 PM)username Wrote: It's become a game of anything the other side wants must be fought at all costs.

^^^^^^^^

Watched a bit of 60 minutes with Romney and Ryan. Ryan is far more articulate/better at pushing the Republican agenda.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Jimbone - 08-13-2012

(08-12-2012, 10:25 PM)username Wrote: Watched a bit of 60 minutes with Romney and Ryan. Ryan is far more articulate/better at pushing the Republican agenda.

I have to believe that is the biggest reason he was picked. He's likeable, articulate, and will talk economy until November.

As James Carville famously said, "The economy, stupid."

RE: 2012 ELECTION - HairOfTheDog - 08-14-2012

Ryan Medicare Reform / Federal Spending

I like the Medicare Reform plan, whereby seniors would be offered a choice to purchase private health care with vouchers (health care providers would compete for the business) or choose traditional Medicare. While low-income seniors would be entitled to subsidies, the plan is expected to greatly reduce the Federal Medicare expense and encourage competition and better services via private sector providers. Also like that the current proposal is bi-partisan, developed by conservative Paul Ryan and liberal Ron Wyden (good one page recap by Ryan and Wyden at link). Imo, health care for seniors will be improved, not destroyed, under the reform plan.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203893404577098681919780636.html

What I'm unsure about is whether having the changes kick in starting in 2022 is soon enough. My understanding is that at that point, the government would start issuing seniors $8,000 a year in vouchers to buy private coverage (currently, the government spends an average of $11,000 per Medicare recipient). I don't think implementation can or should start overnight to reform a system and expectation that's been in place for 5 decades, but the bubble of baby boomers is part of the problem with the increasing exorbitant annual Medicare expenses.

The system needs to change for the future, no doubt about it, imo. But, I wonder if by waiting 10 years for implementation one of the biggest challenges with the current system is being skirted and whether that's due, in part, to fear of losing the senior vote.

I'm actually looking forward to the Vice Presidential debates as much or more than the Presidential ones at this point. I want to see timelines, numbers and percentages attached to the proposals being floated to pull the US out of deficit.

This 2011 chart gives a good overview of how federal funds were spent and generated; scary.

[Image: Federal+Budget+pie+chart.jpg]

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Jimbone - 08-14-2012

The scariest number in those charts is the fact that we borrowed 43% of the revenue needed to operate.

Imagine running your house or business like that.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - HairOfTheDog - 08-14-2012

(08-14-2012, 11:23 AM)Jimbone Wrote: The scariest number in those charts is the fact that we borrowed 43% of the revenue needed to operate.

It can't continue. Period. IMO.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Jimbone - 08-14-2012

(08-14-2012, 11:40 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: It can't continue. Period. IMO.

Amen sister.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Maggot - 08-14-2012

(08-14-2012, 11:23 AM)Jimbone Wrote: The scariest number in those charts is the fact that we borrowed 43% of the revenue needed to operate.

Many companies operate kind of like that, they have a credit account at the bank that constantly changes, money goes in, money goes out there is never an overdraft. Schools do it all year. Not at 43% but usually at 12-20% sometimes its for payroll or insurance. Companies that do better at certain times of the year like a skiing school or resort. It is paid back with interest and they do not go under. With the government its "the skys the limit" approach because as a business the government is a monopoly in most aspects.