Mock
2012 ELECTION - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: POLITICS (https://mockforums.net/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: 2012 ELECTION (/thread-5690.html)

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Jimbone - 08-19-2012

(08-19-2012, 02:25 PM)username Wrote:
(08-19-2012, 02:00 PM)Jimbone Wrote: That's all your paying? And you claim to be paying your fair share?

Did you not read the part about not knowing the exact tax rate? And I wasn't including property taxes although ours are small thanks to prop 13.

You missed the sarcasm I guess. We're on the same team here...

RE: 2012 ELECTION - username - 08-19-2012

(08-19-2012, 05:04 PM)Jimbone Wrote:
(08-19-2012, 02:00 PM)Jimbone Wrote: That's all your paying? And you claim to be paying your fair share?

Did you not read the part about not knowing the exact tax rate? And I wasn't including property taxes although ours are small thanks to prop 13.

I realized that after the fact. 50 It happens sometimes.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Riotgear - 08-19-2012

(08-19-2012, 06:30 PM)username Wrote:
(08-19-2012, 05:04 PM)Jimbone Wrote:

I realized that after the fact. 50 It happens sometimes.

note to self^

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Maggot - 08-19-2012

Just the other day Romney and Barry came to my state they each had rallies and needed security from the towns they visited.
Romney paid I think it was 1680.00 for the extra overtime and details for the local police.
barry paid not a dime and did not offer anything in compensation then he has the balls to say this he sure is pissing off a bunch of people. And he wants to tap the gas reserves? He's like a ghost in the machine now.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Midwest Spy - 08-19-2012

A Jewish co-worker of mine who claims to have friends in the know says Israel isthisclose to taking out Irans nuclear facilitiies. Says its also going to help Barry get re-elected too.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - username - 08-19-2012

(08-19-2012, 11:02 PM)Maggot Wrote: Just the other day Romney and Barry came to my state they each had rallies and needed security from the towns they visited.
Romney paid I think it was 1680.00 for the extra overtime and details for the local police.
barry paid not a dime and did not offer anything in compensation then he has the balls to say this he sure is pissing off a bunch of people. And he wants to tap the gas reserves? He's like a ghost in the machine now.

The super pacs make this election a joke. Who can gather, spend, waste more money? Ridiculous. For shame... Both parties and the supreme court for allowing this.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Riotgear - 08-19-2012

(08-19-2012, 11:34 PM)username Wrote:
(08-19-2012, 11:02 PM)Maggot Wrote: Just the other day Romney and Barry came to my state they each had rallies and needed security from the towns they visited.

The super pacs make this election a joke. Who can gather, spend, waste more money? Ridiculous. For shame... Both parties and the supreme court for allowing this.

Just this election?

RE: 2012 ELECTION - HairOfTheDog - 08-20-2012

(08-19-2012, 11:08 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: A Jewish co-worker of mine who claims to have friends in the know says Israel isthisclose to taking out Irans nuclear facilitiies. Says its also going to help Barry get re-elected too.

It would need to happen within 80 days to make a difference in the election. If so, Obama's stance/message would have to register positively enough to convince undecideds and sway some conservatives to the left in order for it to be an election advantage for him. It's a big enough issue that it might have a significant impact on the election if it happened. But, Obama and Romney have very similar foreign policies and the US economy would still be the voters number one concern, imo - that's where the candidates' policies differ. Plus, I just don't see it going down before November, but who knows?

RE: 2012 ELECTION - username - 08-20-2012

(08-19-2012, 11:41 PM)Riotgear Wrote:
(08-19-2012, 11:34 PM)username Wrote: [quote='Maggot' pid='279486' dateline='1345431779']
Just the other day Romney and Barry came to my state they each had rallies and needed security from the towns they visited.

Just this election?

Yes. The supreme court basically undid all the campaign finance reform advocated by John McCain among others.

(08-20-2012, 12:21 AM)username Wrote:
(08-19-2012, 11:41 PM)Riotgear Wrote:
(08-19-2012, 11:34 PM)username Wrote:

Just this election?

Yes. The supreme court basically undid all the campaign finance reform advocated by John McCain among others.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Riotgear - 08-20-2012

I was implying all elections are jokes.

I'm having technical difficulties. Good night.Smiley_emoticons_slash

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Riotgear - 08-20-2012

G'night

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Jimbone - 08-20-2012

I promise next time I will use the little sarcasm smiley...

The window to attack for this month has passed, as the new moon in Tehran was the 17th. Sand storm season is still going as well... next opportunities for a new moon are Sept. 16 and October 15, so a strike before the election would likely come on these dates, + or - a few days.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Duchess - 08-20-2012

(08-20-2012, 05:41 PM)Jimbone Wrote: I promise next time I will use the little sarcasm smiley...

I feel your pain. It happens to me all the time.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - HairOfTheDog - 08-20-2012

(08-20-2012, 05:41 PM)Jimbone Wrote: I promise next time I will use the little sarcasm smiley...

The window to attack for this month has passed, as the new moon in Tehran was the 17th. Sand storm season is still going as well... next opportunities for a new moon are Sept. 16 and October 15, so a strike before the election would likely come on these dates, + or - a few days.

There's a bad moon on the rise...Smiley_emoticons_wink

Seriously, regarding the timing, I understand that some political pundits predict Netanyahu will order a strike during the Democratic National Convention in October or that it will happen in early November. Obama and Netanyahu are not in agreement on the level of threat that Iran now represents and the US officially does not support Israeli military action at this point. Putin's been very clear that Russia strongly opposes it as well. I think Israel will hold off on taking any action this year (I hope so).

If Israel strikes right before the election anyway, it's gonna hurt their relations with the US, no matter who's elected, imo.

An Israeli strike on Iran necessarily helping Obama win the election (which almost certainly wouldn't be Netanyahu's intent given the current rift, imo). Netanyahu has failed in convincing Obama to rally behind a strike for some time, but could have better luck with a changing of the guard; possibly a motive to hold off.

All jmo, and there are a lot of them out there.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Jimbone - 08-21-2012

Our defense posture in the region should be sending a clear message of deterrence, but Iran is run my insane radicals so all bets are off.

My guess is that if Israel is going to do anything, it will be after the election. If Romney wins, they know he will support them. If Obama wins, it's just like if they did it in the next month or two. So they'll wait.

The other part of this is the likely desire to strike when nuclear material is being gathered in one place for assembly... as it sits today they would have to hit multiple enrichment facilities. At some point Iran needs to take the centrifuged material and put it in one place to load it on a warhead. That's the time to strike all facilities at one time.

I have to imagine the satellite and on the ground intelligence is focusing on that.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - username - 08-21-2012

Legitimate rape? Women have a natural ability not to get pregnant during a rape???

Haha! Who knew?

I don't think this relates to the campaign (except to the extent the dems would like to make it so). I just stuck it here because...

I just

RE: 2012 ELECTION - HairOfTheDog - 08-21-2012

(08-21-2012, 11:45 AM)Jimbone Wrote: Our defense posture in the region should be sending a clear message of deterrence, but Iran is run my insane radicals so all bets are off.

My guess is that if Israel is going to do anything, it will be after the election. If Romney wins, they know he will support them. If Obama wins, it's just like if they did it in the next month or two. So they'll wait.

The other part of this is the likely desire to strike when nuclear material is being gathered in one place for assembly... as it sits today they would have to hit multiple enrichment facilities. At some point Iran needs to take the centrifuged material and put it in one place to load it on a warhead. That's the time to strike all facilities at one time.

I have to imagine the satellite and on the ground intelligence is focusing on that.

My understanding is that Israel's opposition party and some within his own regime (along with the US and Russia) are in disagreement with Netanyahu's desire to strike fast. Israel's prominent religious leaders haven't publicly weighed-in (last I read).

Imo, your rationale is probably quite similar to those opposing military action at this time; good points.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Jimbone - 08-21-2012

(08-20-2012, 05:45 PM)Duchess Wrote:
I feel your pain. It happens to me all the time.

I hope you typed this with a southern drawl and your eyes squinted slyly.