Mock
2012 ELECTION - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: POLITICS (https://mockforums.net/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: 2012 ELECTION (/thread-5690.html)

RE: 2012 ELECTION - pspence - 09-01-2012

Paul Ryan has gorgeous blue eyes.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Duchess - 09-01-2012

Meh, he's too clean cut for my tastes, I prefer a more rugged look & PR looks like he would have soft hands. *ick*

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Midwest Spy - 09-06-2012

Bill Clinton would probably get elected again if he were eligible to run. He sounded as good as ever tonight.

In the immortal words of Depeche Mode,
'I'm always willing to learn when you've got something to teach
And I'll make it all worthwhile,
I'll make your heart smile.'

There's got to be a correlation in there somewhere.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Riotgear - 09-06-2012

If I wanted to set up a system where the market relied on the perception of scarcity to function I'd worry about the fact that they must be a fairly good size group of people who have to be the have-nots. Otherwise I wouldn't have scarcity. I'd probably think it's be a pretty good idea to create a two or three party system that relied on combative dialog make it seem as if all parties wanted everyone to be ok but appeared to want to go about in different ways. Of course that would be counter intuitive because if everyone does end up being ok then I wouldn't have my have-nots.

I suppose if everyone thinks they have a vote I could probably keep this charade going for quite awhile. I guess it'd probably help to make the idea that hard work equals a high likelyhood of being ok part of the combative dialog.

I wonder how come everyone is always ok with the fact that any given 49% get screwed. Why that's practically half. Hmmm...I guess I just better hope I'm in the 51% of whatever we're voting on.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Duchess - 09-06-2012

Did anyone see Bill's speech last night? If so, I'm interested in reading what you thought.

(09-06-2012, 10:57 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Did anyone see Bill's speech last night? If so, I'm interested in reading what you thought.

I didn't if you're talking to me.

Edit "Did anyone.." Nevermind.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Jimbone - 09-06-2012

I thought he looked a little more frail than I expected. His hand tremors were really obvious... didn't expect that.

Speech-wise, it was vintage Bill Clinton. Engaging and well presented. Even given a crap assignment of talking up someone he does not like, he did it well.

(09-06-2012, 12:52 PM)Jimbone Wrote: Speech-wise, it was vintage Bill Clinton. Engaging and well presented. Even given a crap assignment of talking up someone he does not like, he did it well.

I didn't get to see it so I'm hoping to find some highlights of it somewhere, I'm not really interested in sitting through an hour long speech.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - JsMom - 09-06-2012

I thought Clinton did a wonderful job last night. Although, after an hr and a half I got bored. Smiley_emoticons_razz

RE: 2012 ELECTION - RJs-Ex - 09-06-2012

I did. Bill did an outstanding job! He's such a charismatic speaker. One republican strategist remarked, and I'm paraphrasing here, "Clinton just got Obama reelected." It was that good.

I recommend watching the whole speech. It's highly entertaining and will hold your attention (at least it did mine)!

http://abcnews.go.com/m/video?id=17167400

(09-06-2012, 01:41 PM)RJs-Ex Wrote: I recommend watching the whole speech. It's highly entertaining and will hold your attention (at least it did mine)!

http://abcnews.go.com/m/video?id=17167400

Thank you very much! Everyone in here knows how I feel about Bill so it wouldn't be that much of a hardship watching/listening for an hour or more. Awink

I'd love to know what Cracker thought of it too.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - ramseycat - 09-06-2012

Is Bill sick? What's with the hand tremors?

I think Bill is very charming. I didn't vote for him though. I really like Barack as well but I didn't vote for him either. I like Barack as a person but I am not impressed with the job he has done in the last 4 years.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - username - 09-06-2012

Clint vs. Clinton. Smiley_emoticons_slash

I listened to 50 minutes of it. He did a great job, per Bill, he's a powerful speaker. I haven't been happy with a President since him and I had really hoped that Hilary would give it another shot. How old is too old to be the Commander in Chief?

RE: 2012 ELECTION - FAHQTOO - 09-06-2012

(09-06-2012, 03:24 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I listened to 50 minutes of it. He did a great job, per Bill, he's a powerful speaker. I haven't been happy with a President since him and I had really hoped that Hilary would give it another shot. How old is too old to be the Commander in Chief?

Hilary will run in 2016. That's why Clinton is pandering to Obama now, even though everyone knows he can't stand Obama.

No, he didn't hand Obama the election. This speech will be forgotten by tomorrow, and people won't forget what a crappy job O has done in the last 4 years.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Midwest Spy - 09-06-2012

I actually commented a couple of posts before this one. I thought he did a tremendous job and didn't notice the hand tremors that others are talking about.

Funny when you're on the 'other' side the things you notice. I'm not being critical, just insightful.

If Bill were eligible to be President again, I think he'd get elected immediately. I hope Hilary doesn't run, I'm not a fan of hers. I also don't care for Obama or Romney much, either.

Since my state has already been declared a 'blue' state it really doesn't matter who I vote for.

(09-06-2012, 04:04 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Since my state has already been declared a 'blue' state it really doesn't matter who I vote for.

QFT

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Jimbone - 09-06-2012

I didn't mean it as a knock against him at all...tremors or not, the guy delivers a speech better than anyone.

FWIW, he's had those essential tremors since the heart problems popped up... they just seemed a little worse to me while watching last night.

(09-06-2012, 03:32 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: Hilary will run in 2016. That's why Clinton is pandering to Obama now, even though everyone knows he can't stand Obama.

No, he didn't hand Obama the election. This speech will be forgotten by tomorrow, and people won't forget what a crappy job O has done in the last 4 years.

I thought it was interesting that it was a *republican* pundit who said that about Clinton's speech getting Obama re-elected. Ouch! That had to smart. There's no denying Bill's speech was powerful and engaging.

I agree Hillary will run in 2016. I predict she'll be taking a much larger and visible role once Obama is re-elected.

OMG I'm in love with Dave Grohl!