Mock
2012 ELECTION - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: POLITICS (https://mockforums.net/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: 2012 ELECTION (/thread-5690.html)

RE: 2012 ELECTION - QueenBee - 09-18-2012

OMG..just read a conversation among some Mitt supporters on FB. The gist of it was that about 8 / 10 of these people claim to not read papers or watch the news..they make all their decisions based on what their friends are saying. My favorite.."I don't watch the news or read papers, just watch FOX." Yep..you do not watch the news, you are right there.
I am Obama supporter who is not going to tell you that YOU must also support him, but please, please, please do not just follow the herd...and just cast your vote based only on what your FB friends are saying.15

RE: 2012 ELECTION - username - 09-18-2012

(09-18-2012, 02:18 PM)Duchess Wrote:

User, by any chance did you hear that as part of the conversation that was recorded without his knowledge? I see some online chatter about that but I don't see what the big deal is, I agree with him.

I heard it was "secretly" taped but that he was mostly standing behind it. I haven't heard the actual clip yet.

The left will use it to appeal to that 47% of course. Mitt the bully. 78

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Duchess - 09-18-2012

(09-18-2012, 02:58 PM)username Wrote: The left will use it to appeal to that 47% of course. Mitt the bully. 78

That 47% burns my ass.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Jimbone - 09-18-2012

I don't care if it was secretly taped or not... it's the fargin' truth.

He wasn't talking about the elderly on SS, or those on disability who get lumped into that 47% number either. He was talking about those who exist only on entitlement spending and will likely vote for the candidate who won't upset that for them.

It's amazing to watch this guy get attacked for speaking the truth.

Yet Obama gets an ambassador assassinated by not providing adequate security, then jets off to fund raise in Las Vegas (you remember Las Vegas right? The same place he pilloried when first in office?). And where is the press? They are gobbling his knob and accepting some bullshit narrative that the attack was spontaneous, and not planned to coincide with 9/11.

But yes, let's keep attacking Mitt Romney...

I think it is the truth but I was just listening to a radio talk show and some guy from a typically red southern state said he receives assistance and because of Romney's stance, he was going to vote for O.

I just wonder if his comments might hurt him with poor people who typically vote Republican.

Shhhh...nobody tell them. I agree too Jim and his NOT backing off the statement and delving into this whole redistribution of wealth discussion is the best I've seen from his campaign so far.

Ugh. Redistribution. It's like underwear & moist.

(09-18-2012, 04:55 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Ugh. Redistribution. It's like underwear & moist.

:hah:

SALT LAKE CITY—Seeking to limit the fallout from a videotaped speech in which he asserts 47 percent of Americans “pay no taxes” and do not take “personal responsibility and care for their lives,” Mitt Romney hastily called a press conference today to apologize personally to the “150 million starving, filthy beggars [he] might have offended.”

Saying that he deeply regretted his choice of words at a private $50,000-a-plate fundraising function in May—during which he argued “[his] job is not to worry” about the lower-earning half of the nation’s populace—Romney personally appealed to the country’s “dirt-caked garbage pickers and toothless street urchins” for forgiveness.

“First and foremost, I would like to offer a heartfelt apology to all the whores, junkies, bums, and grime-covered derelicts out there who make up nearly half our nation,” a visibly contrite and solemn Romney said outside a campaign stop at a local high school. “Let me assure you that I in no way meant to offend any of the putrid-smelling, barefoot masses out there. My campaign is not about dividing this nation, but about bringing all sides together—the rich, elegant members of the upper class, as well as the 47 percent who are covered in flies and eat directly from back-alley dumpsters.”

Story

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Maggot - 09-18-2012

Now we are talking presidential. I like his straight talk attitude. hah The onion...........heh.

Love it!!!

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Jimbone - 09-18-2012

"Coke-addled whores."

I love The Onion. Great stuff!

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Duchess - 09-19-2012

I listened to some more of that recorded conversation & I'm still not seeing what there is to be outraged about. Am I missing something?

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Jimbone - 09-19-2012

Well, I guess the "47% recording" will be dropped by the media now... turns out the recording was doctored or is missing parts at a critical point in the discussion on the 47% comments.

Mother Jones denied the claim, and said they released the full video.

When shown that the video clip stops while Romney is in mid sentence discussing the 47%, and then resumes with Romney talking about China, Mother Jones had this to say: "According to the source, the recording device inadvertently turned off. The source noticed this quickly and turned it back one. The source estimates that one to two minutes, maybe less, of recording was missed."

http://legalinsurrection.com/2012/09/critical-audio-gap-in-complete-romney-tape-released-by-mother-jones/

Gee, that's coincidental. :eyeroll:

I'm sorry to read that because now I question the credibility of it all.

(09-19-2012, 09:56 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I listened to some more of that recorded conversation & I'm still not seeing what there is to be outraged about. Am I missing something?

Nope. Reasonable people won't be outraged by it... the media is trying to drum up controversy and help Obama stay in office.

I really hope this all backfires. They have attacked the guy on his correct stance regarding Egypt, and are now attacking him over a questionably edited recording about the 47%. I still want to believe that people with common sense can see through it all.

In the meantime, our economy is still a disaster and people don't have jobs. Our government is printing money as fast as it can and devaluing our currency. The world is getting more dangerous every day.

And where is our fearless leader? Visiting Letterman, Jay-Z, and giving interviews to The Pimp with the Limp.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - HairOfTheDog - 09-19-2012

The Onion is great mockery - funny stuff.

I wonder how much Romney's statement will affect his electability.

If you heard the "47%" statement and got offended because you consider yourself in that category (ETA: if that was even what he was referring to; just saw Jimbone's last posts) and aren't working hard to make sure it's temporary, would you likely have been planning on voting for the candidate who's been vocal about cutting entitlements for months on end anyway? I can see a very small number of Romney supporters or Undecideds turning away due to the statement itself, but not many. I could be wrong, I just don't see a significant direct impact.

I think how the Democrats and more liberal media use the statement in campaign ads and news talk is a much bigger potential problem for Romney than the statement itself. If they use it to further paint Romney as elitist and out of touch/unconcerned about a large portion of the population (and pound it into the ground continuously), it could indeed turn away a good number of currently Undecideds, imo. IDK, will be interesting to see if this fades quickly or continues to burn straight through the debates.

Imo, it's just wrong when any candidate/party is under fire for stating an unappealing truth (intentionally or by leak) which is supported by facts and numbers, not subjective opinion. We should be hearing more sugar-free statements about the extent of the country's problems and proposed solutions, but that won't make people feel all nice inside. So, it's become almost shocking to hear a plain fact stated by a politician - that's just sad, imo.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - HairOfTheDog - 09-19-2012

Obama appeared on Letterman and addressed Romney's 47% statement. I think the Democrats are gonna ride this one hard for some time...

“There are not a lot of people out there who think they’re victims. There are not a lot of people who think they’re entitled to something.” The POTUS added, “This is a big country… And people disagree a lot, but one thing I’ve never tried to do, and I think none of us can do in public office, is suggest that because someone doesn’t agree with me that they’re victims or they’re unpatriotic.”

RE: 2012 ELECTION - username - 09-19-2012

Class warfare.

(09-19-2012, 11:12 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Obama appeared on Letterman and addressed Romney's 47% statement. I think the Democrats are gonna ride this one hard for some time...

“There are not a lot of people out there who think they’re victims. There are not a lot of people who think they’re entitled to something.” The POTUS added, “This is a big country… And people disagree a lot, but one thing I’ve never tried to do, and I think none of us can do in public office, is suggest that because someone doesn’t agree with me that they’re victims or they’re unpatriotic.”

From one of the greatest dividers-in-chief ever! Laughable... ironic, I remember him calling Bush unpatriotic for running up the debt. Then he get's in office and runs up the deficit more than anyone else ever has. He and Biden have also insinuated it's unpatriotic to not pay more taxes!!!

And not a lot of people who think they are entitled to something? Holy shit, that is how this guy got elected last time!

I'm going to get pissed if I watch that video, aren't I. Rhetorical question.