Mock
Syria - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Discussions, Opinions & Debate (https://mockforums.net/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Syria (/thread-5869.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Syria - username - 08-30-2013

hah WTF, Rumsfeld?

RE: Syria - Maggot - 08-30-2013

Well france will stand behind us. hah

RE: Syria - Duchess - 08-30-2013

Why would a country kill its own citizens? The people who have died or been burned by these chemicals are just regular citizens, the latest attack was on a school.

RE: Syria - NightOwl - 08-30-2013

(08-30-2013, 03:12 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Why would a country kill its own citizens? The people who have died or been burned by these chemicals are just regular citizens, the latest attack was on a school.

They don't give a damn about their citizens! Assad is a brutal ruthless THUG!!!

His wife and father-in-law like to advise him! educated monsters that's what.

RE: Syria - Maggot - 08-30-2013

I do not care what they do to their own people look at Somalia, Uganda.......enough is enough. not one drop of American blood for some country that will hate us anyways.

(08-30-2013, 04:12 PM)NightOwl Wrote: His wife and father-in-law like to advise him! educated monsters that's what.

I was looking for info about her when this Syria conflict continued to progress & found that she runs in high society circles abroad and now it makes me wonder why she isn't shunned.

RE: Syria - aussiefriend - 08-30-2013

Maybe they feel sorry for her because her husband has a lisp.

People don't feel sorry for people like her, she's beautiful, brainy & rich.

RE: Syria - aussiefriend - 08-30-2013

There are some circles she can most certainly NOT move in irrespective of her cash stash.

RE: Syria - Duchess - 08-31-2013

I'm reading an op-ed piece in the WSJ, it's written by a journalist who has spent time in Syria and I find a couple of things striking, first is that there are very few journalists in Syria, I'm told to question what is being reported because of that and the second is that the people fighting aren't just the regime & the rebels, it's more complicated than that, there are several factions fighting each other there, they all want their piece of that country to control, north, south east & west. Saudia Arabia & France have been sending money and arms to the rebels but were asked by the US not to send state of the art weapons and they say they have complied.

I feel more than ever that we need to stay the hell out of this and I think our Prez is making himself look like a boob when he says these are the rules we fight by, we don't want to take you out of there, we just want to bomb your shit and show you who is boss. Of course he didn't say those exact words but that's what I've taken from his comments.

RE: Syria - Mohammed - 08-31-2013

(08-30-2013, 07:00 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: There are some circles she can most certainly NOT move in irrespective of her cash stash.

You mean your monthly Tupperware parties?

Now it's not really about showing who is the boss, but, as usual, about securing resources and their journey, which is also the reason why nobody, meaning the US mainly, gives a fuck about most of Africa. Once the main resource is threatened, they all come running in.

RE: Syria - username - 08-31-2013

I think Obama made a good decision pushing it back on Congress for approval. They can't agree on what's for lunch much less something like this. I foresee weeks and weeks of inaction/a stalemate.

RE: Syria - Duchess - 08-31-2013

(08-31-2013, 07:07 AM)Mohammed Wrote: Now it's not really about showing who is the boss, but, as usual, about securing resources and their journey, which is also the reason why nobody, meaning the US mainly, gives a fuck about most of Africa. Once the main resource is threatened, they all come running in.

What does Damascus have that we want or Syria in general? Forgive me if that's a stupid question but I never got the war for oil argument. I know we pay less than most of the world but we haven't seen any real decline in the price of gas. I just don't see where war benefits us in any way.

RE: Syria - username - 08-31-2013

I don't know but I do know we've easily turned a blind eye to far worse atrocities in other regions in the past.

Bill says his biggest regret as President was his/our lack of response to Rwanda.

ETA: I think we're much more likely to get involved in any country who threatens (or whose allies threaten) Israel. We'll kill over access to the Strait of Hormuz too.

RE: Syria - Duchess - 09-01-2013

Sooo...first people are pissed because Obama says he's going to take action against Syria & now people are pissed because he says he'll wait for Congressional approval. Just WTF do these people want? Do they even know?

RE: Syria - SIXFOOTERsez - 09-01-2013

Some want one, some want the other. Now that they have drawn the big O into the issue it doesn't matter which way he jumps, he will piss off some of them. All the dissembling and yammering has done is engage us into something we can't win.
What they should have done is just make the strike with no warning as soon as they knew about the chemical attacks. By pissing and moaning and all the yapping about it they have given credence to people and groups that should never have been involved.
Months ago Obama warned then to not use chemicals, told them there would be consequences. They did it, Obama didn't, now he looks as weak as he really is, fucking democrat.

RE: Syria - Carsman - 09-01-2013

Seems like O is looking for others to be held accountable for whatever decision is made. He is far from a commander & cheif! hah

RE: Syria - Duchess - 09-01-2013

(09-01-2013, 10:01 AM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: What they should have done is just make the strike with no warning as soon as they knew about the chemical attacks.

I agree with this insofar as not giving anyone a heads up, just do it. All's fair in love & war and I don't think any country deserves a warning.

The missiles available today are fricken cool, punch in the coordinates & BAM.

RE: Syria - Mohammed - 09-01-2013

(08-31-2013, 03:49 PM)Duchess Wrote: What does Damascus have that we want or Syria in general? Forgive me if that's a stupid question but I never got the war for oil argument. I know we pay less than most of the world but we haven't seen any real decline in the price of gas. I just don't see where war benefits us in any way.[/i][/size]

Falafels, Shish Kebabs and some deadly Hummus!

Of course you don't see any decline in prices, I don't think that will ever happen again really, but living here and dealing with the oil fields, trust me, by now there's a mad scramble for them by the Russians, Chinese, pretty much all of Europe apart from that sad little village CN resides in because they use wood for heat and bicycles for electricity, and a tented camp in Mongolia, which nobody really takes serious but at least they're trying.

Malaysia and China are pumping like mad in Sudan, here the Chinese just bought up Canadian Nexen while 2 American companies are now under Yemeni management, and BP has send a Land Cruiser into the dessert with 2 Bowler Hat wearing twats and the words "Go diggin' Lawrence, and you better come up with ... stuff."

They just found a large oil field right in front of Israel and Lebanon, which had all of Beirut run around naked for at least half an hour, yet got the rest of the lot pretty pissed, since they don't know where to put all those pipelines thru. Which is why the Russians are so much in love with Syria. Besides the Kebabs and Hummus of course.

Trust me, since ancient times, it's all about lubrication!

RE: Syria - username - 09-01-2013

The majority of Americans don't want us to get militarily involved in Syria. I think Obama is right in pushing the decision back on Congress and therefore "the people". I didn't necessarily support a military strike. Let's see how all those congress people who view Obama as weak vote now. They've got their necks on the line now with their constituents.

I heard McCain is now opposed to "the way" that Obama was planning to strike. Okay, assholes, YOU bicker amongst yourselves.

Obama has come out as supporting a response. Some people think the PM of England was dealt a "crushing blow" when his parliament didn't support him. Hey...that's democracy, idiots. He listened as well he should.