Mock
Syria - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Discussions, Opinions & Debate (https://mockforums.net/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Syria (/thread-5869.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Syria - Duchess - 11-04-2015

(11-04-2015, 03:09 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Our guys would dominate those cocksuckers.

Russia doesn't want to make a mistake like that.

Cocksuckers.

We should never underestimate Russia or China. I don't think we know what all they have. They might be capable of squashing us like a bug.

RE: Syria - Duchess - 11-04-2015

(11-04-2015, 03:16 PM)username Wrote: as crazy as Jong-un

I never worry about him. I don't know why given I view him as being batshit crazy and those that are, are usually the most dangerous.

RE: Syria - Midwest Spy - 11-04-2015

Yeah, I was referring to aerial combat (dogfighting). I just have a feeling that our guys are better at it, and that our weaponry is better.

However, if Russia does have some of that radar jamming capability that Maggot posted from a year ago or so, that would worry me, and make all of our bases, planes and carriers sitting ducks.

Let's hope that's not the case.

RE: Syria - Maggot - 11-04-2015

They have tested it, innocuously but they have on our ships. The only thing that I hate is that Obama tends to stick his nose into things that he has no clue about. He does it for political reasons and when things go south he blames someone else. He sucks.

RE: Syria - username - 11-14-2015

90% chance that Jihadi John was killed in a drone strike some time yesterday/today.

Rot In Hell:

[Image: 150122114442-jihadi-john-split-large-169.jpeg]

RE: Syria - Duchess - 11-14-2015

It's been reported that they vaporized him. I don't know how they can be so sure they got him.

RE: Syria - HairOfTheDog - 11-19-2015

[Image: Vladimir-Putin-Islamic-State-troops-609757.jpg]

Putin is reportedly mounting an enormous military mission to take control of the terror group's stronghold of Raqqa.

The city is the self-declared capital of ISIS in Syria and is patrolled by as many as 5,000 jihadi members.

Putin is set to mobilise 150,000 reservists who he conscripted into the military in September.

Following the Paris attacks, Putin hinted he was ready to join forces with the West to tackle Islamic State.

He told UK Prime Minister David Cameron: "The recent tragic events in France show that we should join efforts in preventing terror."

Cameron is reportedly cautious of Putin's long-term motives (including support of Assad), but supports increased military support from the UK to help combat ISIS and is working to get Parliament's agreement.

France began increased air strikes on Raqqa (the key stronghold for ISIS in Syria) immediately after the Paris attacks last week; the U.S. and Russia as well. French Prime Minister Hollande has also confirmed that France will welcome 30,000 Syrian refugees.

[Image: OB-YU243_obamap_G_20130905095100.jpg]

The Russian prime minister told the G20 that the best way to combat the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) is to unite with the West, and Russia is already coordinating airstrikes with France.

While President Obama seems to agree, he said there is a catch: Russia must first help end the Syrian war.

Just days after Russia launched its first significant strikes against the ISIS stronghold of Raqqa, President Obama extended an offer.

"If we get a better understanding with Russia about the process for bringing an end to the Syrian civil war, that obviously opens up more opportunities for coordination with respect to ISIL," Mr. Obama said, using another acronym for ISIS.

The strikes were a major shift. Russia spent weeks bombing Syrian rebels - some backed by the U.S. - fighting to unseat President Bashar al-Assad.

"It may be that now having seen ISIL take down one of their airliners in a horrific accident that reorientation continues," said the president.

Now, Mr. Obama is relying on Vladimir Putin to help broker a ceasefire in Syria, which would eliminate an ISIS safe haven.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-will-work-with-russia-putin-to-fight-isis-but-help-end-syrian-war-first/

RE: Syria - Midwest Spy - 11-19-2015

A horrific accident, Mr. President?

It was intentional.

It was murder.

Obama refuses to this day to call these terrorists exactly what they are.

RE: Syria - Maggot - 11-19-2015

Barry is doing everything in his power to bring down these terrorists he is even getting them to come here so he can put them into federal prison camps. Saving us the taxpayers money.

RE: Syria - username - 11-19-2015

(11-19-2015, 11:45 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Now, Mr. Obama is relying on Vladimir Putin to help broker a ceasefire in Syria, which would eliminate an ISIS safe haven.

That would be nice (like puppy dogs and rainbows) but while I think it's reasonable to insist that Putin focus his efforts on Daesh as opposed to the "rebels" fighting against Assad, I think we need to prioritize here. I agree that a brokered cease fire would be fabulous to the extent it undermined Daesh's safe zones. However, I believe the priority is to just join forces in combating Daesh and leave Assad and the civil war largely out of the mix for now. That goes for Putin and Obama.

GOOD NEWS

Turning on President Barack Obama and other Democratic leaders, a significant chunk of the House Democratic caucus sided with Republicans in an effort to effectively stifle the flow of Syrian refugees into the US.

On Thursday, 47 House Democrats voted in favor of a bill authored by Rep. Mike McCaul (R-Texas). The bill passed, 289-137, giving it just enough to overcome a threatened veto from President Barack Obama.

The legislation bars Iraqi and Syrian refugees from being admitted to the US until the FBI director and the Director of National Intelligence certify to Congress that each refugee does not pose a national-security threat.

The bill's passage comes less than a week after the Paris terror attacks, which left 129 dead and hundreds more injured. One of the suspected attackers was found with a refugee passport, though its authenticity has not been confirmed.

I just knew with a real bipartisan effort reality would bounce back in da house.

Sorry Mags, I posted the same story in another thread, so I'm bumping up this one.

You bitch!!!

Hey, I said I was sorry and gave you a nice little bump to boot.

What more do you want? Heart-shaped kisses?

Blowing-kisses

I think Obama could have done a better job making his case as to why additional certification wasn't needed.

The refugee resettlement screening is already reportedly very stringent and takes 18 - 24 months.

Seems that some of the House Dems didn't think Obama sufficiently explained the current screening process and why additional certification wasn't needed. He failed to convince them.

Reid says the Senate will not pass the bill however. They'll address it after Congress gets back from Thanksgiving holiday.

All immigrants should be screened vigorously. Its gets all the rocks and sticks out.

RE: Syria - Blindgreed1 - 11-19-2015

(11-19-2015, 05:28 PM)Maggot Wrote: All immigrants should be screened vigorously. Its gets all the rocks and sticks out.
Dissolve the TSA. Taking my shoes off in the airport doesn't make me feel safe. Building a cyber task force to properly screen immigrants would make me feel safer and likely be more effective in protecting our home land.

RE: Syria - username - 11-19-2015

(11-19-2015, 05:36 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(11-19-2015, 05:28 PM)Maggot Wrote: All immigrants should be screened vigorously. Its gets all the rocks and sticks out.
Dissolve the TSA. Taking my shoes off in the airport doesn't make me feel safe.

Your feet probably smell like death.

Much as I don't want to smell that nastiness, I'll keep airport screenings, thank you very much. What the TSA needs to do now is make sure that nobody (passenger or crew) can bring a freaking aluminum can bomb on board (if that's indeed what happened to the Egyptian airplane).

They can't find a plane that went down over a year ago but they know it was a freaking soda can that blew this plane up? Is that Brooklyn bridge still on the market?

RE: Syria - Blindgreed1 - 11-19-2015

(11-19-2015, 05:47 PM)username Wrote:
(11-19-2015, 05:36 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
Dissolve the TSA. Taking my shoes off in the airport doesn't make me feel safe.

Your feet probably smell like death.

Much as I don't want to smell that nastiness, I'll keep airport screenings, thank you very much. What the TSA needs to do now is make sure that nobody (passenger or crew) can bring a freaking aluminum can bomb on board (if that's indeed what happened to the Egyptian airplane).
No my feet are fine. And not only is the TSA a huge waste of taxpayer money it's 100% ineffective. It's "security theater."