Mock
Syria - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Discussions, Opinions & Debate (https://mockforums.net/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Syria (/thread-5869.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Syria - username - 08-26-2013

John McCain strongly disagrees.

I feel badly for those that are dying but I'm rather tired of getting involved militarily in different countries only to watch them and democracy slip back in to chaos. I don't think we can fix Syria. At all.

RE: Syria - Duchess - 08-26-2013

I feel like both of you do.

I saw some pix last week of the aftermath of a poison gas attack. I choose not to post them because they were mostly of small dead children. I may change my mind, I don't know. They fucked with my head pretty good.

RE: Syria - Midwest Spy - 08-26-2013

Again, are we the world's police force?

Should our kids die because of what's happening there, or Egypt, or Libya, etc?

We surely didn't race in to Rwanda when 1,000,000+ were being butchered.

As HotD said, even if we intervene the country will revert to what it was the day we leave.

We should stay out.

RE: Syria - Carsman - 08-26-2013

(08-26-2013, 02:55 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Again, are we the world's police force?

Should our kids die because of what's happening there, or Egypt, or Libya, etc?

We surely didn't race in to Rwanda when 1,000,000+ were being butchered.

As HotD said, even if we intervene the country will revert to what it was the day we leave.

We should stay out.

Right on.

They hate the USA before we go in, they hate the USA while we are dying there, (for them) and then they still hate the USA when we leave. WTF is the point, our solider's die there, we give billions of $$$$ to them in aid, that we should be using on our own, and then when all is said and done, in the end, it seems like it was all in vain. All goes back to as it was.

RE: Syria - Duchess - 08-26-2013

This story was updated about an hour ago.

Secretary of State John Kerry says chemical weapons were used in Syria and is accusing President Bashar Assad of destroying evidence.

Ratcheting up criticism of Syria's alleged chemical weapons use, Kerry called last week's attack a "moral obscenity" that should shock the conscience of the world.

He says the U.S. has additional information about the attack and will make it public in the days ahead.

Kerry says shelling the affected area afterward was not the action of a government trying to cooperate with U.N. investigators trying to assess what happened.

The alleged chemical weapons attack on Aug. 21 that killed hundreds has moved the U.S. closer to military action against Syria than at any point during the bloody civil war.

Syrian President Bashar Assad has denied launching a chemical attack.

Story

RE: Syria - username - 08-26-2013

Yeah, I hear the war drums beating (or at least the press is getting all fired up-excuse the pun). *sigh*

RE: Syria - Maggot - 08-26-2013

When Gaddafi was stabbed in the anus and killed most communist countries blamed democracy saying "so this is democracy?" But if we stay out of this I believe they (Iran, Russia, Nicaragua etc.) will attempt to influence the outcome. This is why Europe and The U.S. is so paranoid. But notice not a single word from China, they will sit back and let other countries waste money as they continue to dominate the world financially. This is how China will dominate the world in the next 50 yrs with money, not blood. Unless of course they want blood..........

RE: Syria - username - 08-27-2013

Does anyone else find it ironic that some abhor/decry chemical weapons while many of us have nuclear weapons pointed at geographic points all over the map?

RE: Syria - Duchess - 08-27-2013

(08-27-2013, 10:00 AM)username Wrote: Does anyone else find it ironic that some abhor/decry chemical weapons while many of us have nuclear weapons pointed at geographic points all over the map?

Oh hell yeah. I find many decisions & comments the government makes ironic and I see it on an almost daily basis.

I was reading earlier this morning & I saw where it said only 9% of Americans are in favor of intervention in Syria, within five minutes I read that the military is considering some form of attack. Our ships are getting into position as I type this and the military bigwigs are having a pow wow to decide on the best course of action.

RE: Syria - crash - 08-27-2013

(08-26-2013, 07:07 PM)Maggot Wrote: But notice not a single word from China, they will sit back and let other countries waste money as they continue to dominate the world financially. This is how China will dominate the world in the next 50 yrs with money, not blood. Unless of course they want blood..........

If China called in its foreign debt tomorrow, it'd just about own the world..

I don't think they have any world domination plans as yet though. They haven't done a lot of work raising their image as good global citizens for nothing. First they built the population, now they're building the economy. They're getting in line with defenses. Start worrying when they get the weapons technology sorted..

RE: Syria - HairOfTheDog - 08-28-2013

China's been speaking up, though not as aggressively or directly as Russia.

Chinese leaders are objecting to Western-backed calls for military strikes against Syria when the UN investigations are still underway and there has been nothing produced by the US in terms of the "proof" alluded to by Mr. Kerry (proof that Assad and the loyalists are responsible).

Russia and China have been staunch and vocal that strikes without the UN Security Council agreement would be considered a violation of international law.

France, the UK, the US...are citing "humanitarian" exceptions to the international law as legal justification to act quickly, with the US said to be planning to launch sea-based cruise missiles at Syrian military bases.

The loudest voices are coming from Russian and US leaders, from all of the news pieces that I've read.

Russia's Foreign Minister warns that the US has used such rhetoric and claims before to ratchet up support for strikes without UN Security Council support. That's undeniable and has been confirmed as fact; it's what was done to justify invading Iraq under the false pretense that Hussein was harboring weapons of mass destruction (US said there was proof, Iraq said it was bullshit, when the UN inspected later - it was bullshit).

The US continues to insist on moving forward on "moral" grounds and claims of proof not revealed or disclosed to anyone else.

In response to Russia's recent statements, US leaders cancelled their Syria-crisis meeting with Russian leaders (wrongly, IMO).

Sad as hell that so many Syrians have been killed in their civil war; whether it be by knife, gun, chemicals... It's been going on for years now; I really hope that the US and its allies will wait to see what the UN investigation uncovers before taking military action. That's a reasonable request by many western citizens and the leaders of some UN member countries.

Reasonable or not, doesn't look likely that request is going to be granted.

RE: Syria - Duchess - 08-29-2013

It's being reported that Russia is sending warships to Syria. I've read they number anywhere from 2-12. Israel has lines of people standing for hours in order to get gas masks. Things appear to be getting worse at a rapid pace.

RE: Syria - Maggot - 08-29-2013

Well this changes things.

[Image: Obama-devil2.jpg]

RE: Syria - Duchess - 08-29-2013

I'm beginning to become concerned. I'm so tired of thinking about war & bombings and soldiers and those that love them, sick of it.

RE: Syria - HairOfTheDog - 08-29-2013

(08-29-2013, 01:40 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I'm beginning to become concerned. I'm so tired of thinking about war & bombings and soldiers and those that love them, sick of it.

Now, Obama's saying that he hasn't made a decision on whether to launch a military strike.

If he green lights a strike, he says it's not a precursor towards boots on the ground, but rather a message to Assad that chemical weapons won't be tolerated.

Republican Congress is on his ass; they don't want to be bypassed in the decision-making, as was the case with Iraq. Boehner is requesting a hearing, justification and proof, and a plan. Probably won't get it, IMO.

Mess.

RE: Syria - username - 08-29-2013

Hot mess. Boner wants a "plan" while McCain has been frothing at the mouth over this since the start. The majority of US citizens don't want to get involved.

Hellooooo? Anyone listening out there?

RE: Syria - HairOfTheDog - 08-29-2013

(08-29-2013, 02:07 PM)username Wrote: Hellooooo? Anyone listening out there?

Prime Minister Cameron is listening to the British Parliament, who appear to be listening to the English public.

Parliament surprisingly voted down Cameron's motion to join the US in a military strike against Syria.

So, England's out. France? You still there? Got anything to really contribute other than vocal support?

Snip:
The prime minister said in terse comments while he believes in a "tough response" to the use of chemical weapons, he would respect the will of the House of Commons.

At the start of the week, Cameron had seemed ready to join Washington in possible military action against Assad over the alleged chemical weapons attack. But the push for strikes against the Syrian regime began to lose momentum as Britain's Labour Party – still smarting from its ill-fated decision to champion the invasion of Iraq in 2003 – announced its opposition to the move.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/29/british-parliament-syria-vote_n_3839067.html

RE: Syria - Duchess - 08-30-2013

There's been another chemical attack in Syria, it's being described as a chemical similar to napalm. I just saw some video of it and the people are horribly burned.

RE: Syria - Duchess - 08-30-2013

I just read that Donald Rumsfeld, DONALD RUMSFELD of all people, has criticized the Prez because he hasn't justified attacking Syria. Honest to God, he is retarded. Who the fuck does he think he is issuing any statement like that. I don't advocate beating the fuck out of senior citizens but I'd put the beatdown on him without a second thought.

This is why I think he's retarded. These are his words - 'As we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns - the ones we don't know we don't know.'

Stupid fucker & these are our rulers. Jesus Christ.

I'm going to stop reading the news now.

RE: Syria - Maggot - 08-30-2013

Wonder twins..................ACTIVATE!