Mock
Celina Cass, 11. N.H. deceased - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: Celina Cass, 11. N.H. deceased (/thread-6140.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Celina Cass, 11. N.H. missing/deceased - B.B. Khazad - 08-14-2011

(08-14-2011, 12:45 PM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(08-13-2011, 11:55 PM)HellNurse Wrote: Psychiatric patients have longer length of stays than medical-surgical patients and WN is getting close to two weeks, so........... I tried to find average length of stay of schizophrenics on the internet . . .

Has it been confirmed that WN's self-imposed "vacation" is for schizophrenia?

"Meanwhile there are reports that her stepfather has got himself admitted into a rehab facility."

http://www.timeswireservice.com/news/Celina_Cass_autopsy_leads_to_nowhere__biological_father_shattered_1312559519/

How credible a source is the Times Wire Service? I'd never heard of it until it came up in some of my searches. The stories aren't written like news and the grammar (and the English!) is so bad it would be easy to misconstrue any info presented as 'fact'. For example "Adam Laro, who is the real father of the girl, said that he couldn’t think of any reason other than that she might have stumbled into the river herself." Hmmm, wrapped in a blanket? While he has said he can't imagine how, I don't recall him saying she might have 'stumbled into the river'. They go on to say "reports that her body might have been put by someone else was a really scary thing for her to think and believe" which I'm sure it would be, were 'she' actually here to think about it, herself.

It's a great example for showing you can't believe everything you read, even when presented as fact by a news organization. I've noticed this throughout the evolution of this story, as information is reported, then picked up and regurgitated, and then reported again, there are subtle or even obvious changes to the original narrative.

Another reason to keep the discussion about Celina Cass flowing here!

RE: Celina Cass, 11. N.H. missing/deceased - HairOfTheDog - 08-14-2011

(08-14-2011, 01:04 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: And the length of stay?

This will differ, too, based on factors including method of payment and insurance coverage.

Insurance, like a bank account, has limitations.

True. Assuming he has Veteran's benefits, but that's just an assumption and we don't know what they would cover or for how long.

RE: Celina Cass, 11. N.H. missing/deceased - BlueTiki - 08-14-2011

(08-14-2011, 01:37 PM)B.B. Khazad Wrote: How credible a source is the Times Wire Service?

It's a great example for showing you can't believe everything you read, even when presented as fact by a news organization.

My point . . . in the media or within this site.

What 'credible' news organization stated WN checked himself into a facility for treatment of schizophrenia?

For all we know this 'event' might have been on advise of an undisclosed, unnamed attorney. Who knows? It's speculation.

Don't forget . . . the older sister was first identified as a step-sister, early on in the reporting.

RE: Celina Cass, 11. N.H. missing/deceased - Lady Cop - 08-14-2011

i think every regular here knows one of my pet peeves is terrible inaccurate reporting by so-called professional journalists. not 5 minutes ago i wrote another letter to ABC about erroneous "facts" they published in Breeann case. i am sick of it, i never rely on it. and check all my sources before believing/posting any damn thing.
reporters today are not true investigative reporters. they are mindless fucking parrots. they have no pride in their chosen 'calling'. it's all about a buck and praying for the Pulitzer. fat fucking chance for 99% of them. they can't even spell.

[Image: red_parrot_on_computer_lg_clr_6287.gif]

RE: Celina Cass, 11. N.H. missing/deceased - Harvest Moon - 08-15-2011

(08-14-2011, 01:37 PM)B.B. Khazad Wrote: http://www.timeswireservice.com/news/Celina_Cass_autopsy_leads_to_nowhere__biological_father_shattered_1312559519/

How credible a source is the Times Wire Service? I'd never heard of it until it came up in some of my searches. The stories aren't written like news and the grammar (and the English!) is so bad it would be easy to misconstrue any info presented as 'fact'. For example "Adam Laro, who is the real father of the girl, said that he couldn’t think of any reason other than that she might have stumbled into the river herself." Hmmm, wrapped in a blanket? While he has said he can't imagine how, I don't recall him saying she might have 'stumbled into the river'. They go on to say "reports that her body might have been put by someone else was a really scary thing for her to think and believe" which I'm sure it would be, were 'she' actually here to think about it, herself.

It's a great example for showing you can't believe everything you read, even when presented as fact by a news organization. I've noticed this throughout the evolution of this story, as information is reported, then picked up and regurgitated, and then reported again, there are subtle or even obvious changes to the original narrative.

Another reason to keep the discussion about Celina Cass flowing here!

Hi I'm new here! I am so glad I found a place where people actually think about things the way I do. I love to dig up details on things, and actually make a living doing so.

Just as an FYI, the "Times Wire Service" website is registered to a publishing coming in New Delhi, India, so it is not all that reliable. Obviously reporting on second-hand news and writing/grammer is off since English is not the first language spoken. We careful on sites such as that, due to viruses, etc.

RE: Celina Cass, 11. N.H. missing/deceased - B.B. Khazad - 08-17-2011

There's a rumour on FB floating between Celina's relatives: The police found Celina's wet clothes in the truck that was reported taken on Aug 3rd. I'm not sure which truck that is. Why would the clothes be wet? She went in the river and then took off her clothes before being wrapped in a blanket and put back in the river? Would the clothes still be wet a week later? Possibly if they were in a bag. But it's just a rumour.

RE: Celina Cass, 11. N.H. missing/deceased - Harvest Moon - 08-17-2011

(08-17-2011, 09:52 AM)B.B. Khazad Wrote: There's a rumour on FB floating between Celina's relatives: The police found Celina's wet clothes in the truck that was reported taken on Aug 3rd. I'm not sure which truck that is. Why would the clothes be wet? She went in the river and then took off her clothes before being wrapped in a blanket and put back in the river? Would the clothes still be wet a week later? Possibly if they were in a bag. But it's just a rumour.

It looks like that rumor started a week or so ago. I saw it in some of the comments on news stories. It could be that the clothes were in the back of the pick-up truck and it rained. With the pictures of the living conditions, it is safe to assume that the truck would have had "stuff" in the back.

RE: Celina Cass, 11. N.H. missing/deceased - B.B. Khazad - 08-17-2011

(08-17-2011, 11:50 AM)Harvest Moon Wrote:
(08-17-2011, 09:52 AM)B.B. Khazad Wrote: There's a rumour on FB floating between Celina's relatives: The police found Celina's wet clothes in the truck that was reported taken on Aug 3rd. I'm not sure which truck that is. Why would the clothes be wet? She went in the river and then took off her clothes before being wrapped in a blanket and put back in the river? Would the clothes still be wet a week later? Possibly if they were in a bag. But it's just a rumour.

It looks like that rumor started a week or so ago. I saw it in some of the comments on news stories. It could be that the clothes were in the back of the pick-up truck and it rained. With the pictures of the living conditions, it is safe to assume that the truck would have had "stuff" in the back.

Thanks HM, of course, her clothes could have been there for a variety of reasons prior to her disappearance, and we don't know if they are even the same clothes she was last seen in.

RE: Celina Cass, 11. N.H. missing/deceased - Lady Cop - 08-17-2011

WMUR who is brilliant at stating the obvious.
aug. 17

N.H. -- Two weeks after searchers pulled the body of 11-year-old Celina Cass from the Connecticut River near her house, the lack of an arrest or answers to questions about how she died has cast a pall over her New Hampshire hometown.

People in Stewartstown are waiting for answers about the girl, justice for her family and peace of mind for themselves.

The police's inability to identify or charge a suspect, an autopsy that couldn't pinpoint the cause of death and lingering fears that a killer is at large are hanging over the town.

RE: Celina Cass, 11. N.H. missing/deceased - cannongal - 08-17-2011

(08-17-2011, 02:07 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: [b]WMUR who is brilliant at stating the obvious.
aug. 17

I can't believe the ADA is being so tight lipped about this, in my opinion, by keeping so quiet, they are allowing the general public to keep inserting their own innuendo's and it's going to create a lynch mob type mentality towards anyone who remotely had anything to do with Celina.

RE: Celina Cass, 11. N.H. missing/deceased - HairOfTheDog - 08-17-2011

Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Cass investigators to announce reward at Thursday press conference

The state Attorney General’s Office will announce a reward and reward fund for information about the death of Celina Cass last month.

Attorney General Michael Delaney said there will be a press conference at the Attorney General’s Office in Concord at 10 a.m. on Thursday to release information about the reward, as well as a fund set up to increase the reward.

snipped from:
http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/news/929645-196/cass-investigators-to-announce-reward-at-thursday.html
===================================

Maybe LE doesn't have a clear suspect and folks in West Stewartstown are still keeping quiet. I have a busy work day tomorrow, but I'll be checking in afterwards to find out what was released at the press conference.

RE: Celina Cass, 11. N.H. missing/deceased - Lady Cop - 08-17-2011

reward? now? that worries me about how much they really do have. crap.

RE: Celina Cass, 11. N.H. missing/deceased - BlueTiki - 08-17-2011

And no release of tox screen results?

Geez . . .

RE: Celina Cass, 11. N.H. missing/deceased - Maggot - 08-17-2011

This is what happens when you have parents that are idiots. How could anyone not hear anything or know anything? That family is fucked up for sure. If the kid was 16-17 I could see them not knowing that much but this kid was 11!!!

(08-17-2011, 08:25 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: reward? now? that worries me about how much they really do have. crap.

I agree LC. It's worrisome. LE may have something, but it doesn't appear that they've got enough to file charges.

There was another article that came up when I googled the case today. Only new points covered are the facts that (1) locals are fearful and find it "creepy" that there may be a killer on the loose, and (2) why being submerged in the water for a week may make it harder to determine cause of death and collect evidence. See article at:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/17/new-hampshire-town-endures-creepy-wait-after-girls-death/?test=latestnews

"This amount of time shouldn't signal to anybody that we've reached the end of the road," Young said. "That's certainly not the way we view it."

So Celina's family waits.

Noyes, who hasn't spoken publicly since her daughter disappeared, remains in seclusion. Jeanine Brady, her boss at a Colebrook consignment shop and a close friend, said Noyes and her family are patient.

"They're willing to wait to have an arrest made that's going to stick," Brady said. "Celina deserves to have the right person arrested and to have finality that way. They want answers, of course, but it's more important at this point that the FBI and state agencies can get the right answers."

snipped from:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/17/new-hampshire-town-endures-creepy-wait-after-girls-death/?test=latestnews

RE: Celina Cass, 11. N.H. missing/deceased - Harvest Moon - 08-18-2011

I agree this does not sound good. Looks like they need more evidence to be sure of a conviction.

Also in that same article a mention on WN. The quote is from the woman who owns the consignment shop where LN works.

Celina's stepfather, Wendell Noyes, has a history of psychiatric issues and was declared unfit to stand trial in a 2003 case in which he allegedly broke into an ex-girlfriend's home and threatened her. Police have not cited him as a potential suspect in Celina's case.

Noyes, 47, has been in and out of hospitals several times since the girl's disappearance and no longer lives in the house with the mother, Brady said.

"Until he is together, she just can't be part of that right now," she said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/17/new-hampshire-town-endures-creepy-wait-after-girls-death/#ixzz1VNaEqFnA

RE: Celina Cass, 11. N.H. missing/deceased - B.B. Khazad - 08-18-2011

Here's some fun reading while we're waiting for the presser at 10AM.

Scroll down to the comments section and read the postings by "b" who says they are a local in Stewartstown. It's all rumour, but amazing the detail that was going around -- back on the 1st of August.

CBC Boston "Body of Celina Cass found in NH River"

Here is "b's" first post, there are several:

b

I don’t know why everyone is so focused on the stepfather. He is mentally ill, But why did they have the pickup of the other suspect(someone living in the home) completely torn apart wed night. and then taken down to concord. (there was blood in it) Also he has NO ALIBI from 11pm to 2:30am when he was seen in town driving around. and now that there is a body found 14 mile from the home, he didn’t need much time to commit this crime. Where there was NO struggle in the home, she was a shy girl(wouldn’t have just left with anyone) and only 1 pair of her sneakers were gone, she was comfortable going with whoever she left with.
August 1, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Reply | Report comment

Maybe this is old 'news', there is a similar version posted August 4th on "Celina Cass: The Investigation Discussion Page" on Facebook.

RE: Celina Cass, 11. N.H. missing/deceased - Lady Cop - 08-18-2011

it got off on time for once. nothing new. asking public's tips/help. asking for donations to add to existing reward. the usual blah blah blah. still waiting for forensics.

http://www.wmur.com/news/28901887/detail.html

RE: Celina Cass, 11. N.H. missing/deceased - cannongal - 08-18-2011

(08-18-2011, 10:02 AM)Lady Cop Wrote: [b]it got off on time for once. nothing new. asking public's tips/help. asking for donations to add to existing reward. the usual blah blah blah. still waiting for forensics.

Lot of disappointed people in NH right now-also lot of comments on Wmur from people that don't want to donate to the reward fund, b/c they are afraid it might be turned over to Louisa, if not used as a reward.

LC-do you know what would usually happen to reward money if not claimed?