Mock
Chili - beans or no beans? - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SOUP CHICKEN KITCHEN (https://mockforums.net/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: Chili - beans or no beans? (/thread-6774.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Chili - beans or no beans? - Harvest Moon - 10-23-2011

It feels like fall here in NC today, so I made a pot of chili. I made mine with one pound of ground venison (left from last year's hunt) and one pound of lean ground beef. (venison is deer meat to clarify for Maggot.)

The way I make chili is to lightly brown meat, onions, peppers, chili peppers and garlic in a heavy pot for about 10 minutes, add the seasonings and stir well before adding a some canned tomatoes. Let cook for an hour or so and add beans. After adding the beans to the pot I usually transfer the chili to a Crock-pot to hang out until we are ready to eat.

Today I used a combo of whole peeled and diced tomatoes and will be adding red and pink kidney beans, because it is what I have in the house.

I know the purists say that chili does not have beans. But we happen to like them.

My seasonings are:
a lot of chili powder (normal commercial "red" variety)
a bit of chipolte chili powder
a bit more of ancho chili powder
roasted ground cumin (I buy whole seeds and roast and grind).
oregano
salt & pepper
brown sugar
bittersweet chocolate

I can give a recipe if anybody is interested. I don't cook by recipe but a handful of this and a pinch of that. Like witches brew...

So now that I started this thread and rambled on for 10 minutes or so...do you and how do you make chili? Beans or no beans? Ground meat or not? Beef only or other kinds of proteins??

RE: Chili - beans or no beans? - IMaDick - 10-23-2011

Hey Asswipe, there is already a cooking thread.

RE: Chili - beans or no beans? - Harvest Moon - 10-23-2011

(10-23-2011, 05:39 PM)IMaDick Wrote: Hey Asswipe, there is already a cooking thread.

Hey you, DipShit, there now a special forum section just for discussion of food and cooking. Where the hell have you been??

so lets fill it up with ten thousand threads.

(10-23-2011, 05:52 PM)IMaDick Wrote: so lets fill it up with ten thousand threads.

Ima...So your point is?? All I see is an old (wo)man? resisting change in a forum on the interwebz. Or, is that your old age and poor lifestyle choices have made it impossible for you to taste food, so you are jealous that some of us still enjoy it?

I can fill the new section with as many posts as I want. You don't have to read them, just as I don't have to read your bullshit.

One thread bumped to the top with new recipes, or one thread for each recipe buried into oblivion in a few days, you decide smart ass.

RE: Chili - beans or no beans? - Duchess - 10-23-2011

Dick's grouchy.

(10-23-2011, 06:16 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Dick's grouchy.

I have a problem with stupid.

it's obvious that the way to keep a recipe book on a forum is all in one thread.

I mean it's obvious if you're not a fuck nuts.

Jeez. She only wants to know if you like beans in your chili or not. Well, do you? Huh? Huh? Huh?

Yep, Beans in that kind of chili always.

RE: Chili - beans or no beans? - sally - 10-23-2011

Don't mind Dick, he's an asshole.

The traditional way to make chili is with no tomatoes or beans and with chunks of meat rather than ground, it can't be beat if made right. But the easy fast way with tomatoes, beans, and ground beef isn't too bad either.

(10-23-2011, 06:40 PM)sally Wrote: Don't mind Dick, he's an asshole.

The traditional way to make chili is with no tomatoes or beans and with chunks of meat rather than ground, it can't be beat if made right. But the easy fast way with tomatoes, beans, and ground beef isn't too bad either.

That's why I said in that kind of chili.

I didn't want to edit her recipe like an asshole, besides I just knew that a sick twisted skanky twat would do that anyway.

I can't wait for this fucking thread to end up on page 20.

(10-23-2011, 06:21 PM)IMaDick Wrote: I have a problem with stupid.
it's obvious that the way to keep a recipe book on a forum is all in one thread.

Wow...looks like somebody has a problem with evolution...Oh that's right its not it in Bible. Smiley_emoticons_kotz
http://mockforums.net/thread-6755.html
Quote:Mock has evolved! Big surprise

there are those who will be shocked, appalled, even horrified!
oh the angst! the bitching and whining! Nowhy

but even they have to eat. so Mock is creating the SOUP CHICKEN FORUM! YAY! Woo

I have an even bigger problem with your form of stupid. Do I need to get you a doughnut to make you happy? Smiley_emoticons_bussi Oh wait,, you probably spell it donut...sorry to offend your street smarts.

Anybody that knows anything about food or cooking, knows that it needs to be split into 100's of different topics in order to make sense. Chop and dice the data in as many ways as possible so you can get to exactly what you are looking for.

(10-23-2011, 06:44 PM)IMaDick Wrote: I can't wait for this fucking thread to end up on page 20.

Tsk Tsk. You never should have let me know that. I'll be bumping this bitch into 2012 just to prove you wrong.

(10-23-2011, 06:50 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(10-23-2011, 06:44 PM)IMaDick Wrote: I can't wait for this fucking thread to end up on page 20.

Tsk Tsk. You never should have let me know that. I'll be bumping this bitch into 2012 just to prove you wrong.

In other words without the extra effort on the part of a twat, I would be right.

Thanks for that sweetie, that's why I love you so much , you validate my status as a Mock legend on a daily basis.

RE: Chili - beans or no beans? - Eat Shit And Die - 10-23-2011

With kidney beans or baked beans defo some form of bean

(10-23-2011, 06:50 PM)Harvest Moon Wrote:
(10-23-2011, 06:21 PM)IMaDick Wrote: I have a problem with stupid.

Wow...looks like somebody has a problem with evolution...Oh that's right its not it in Bible. Smiley_emoticons_kotz
http://mockforums.net/thread-6755.html
Quote:Mock has evolved! Big surprise

there are those who will be shocked, appalled, even horrified!
oh the angst! the bitching and whining! Nowhy

but even they have to eat. so Mock is creating the SOUP CHICKEN FORUM! YAY! Woo

I have an even bigger problem with your form of stupid. Do I need to get you a doughnut to make you happy? Smiley_emoticons_bussi Oh wait,, you probably spell it donut...sorry to offend your street smarts.

Anybody that knows anything about food or cooking, knows that it needs to be split into 100's of different topics in order to make sense. Chop and dice the data in as many ways as possible so you can get to exactly what you are looking for.

Ya I know thats why cook books were written to get all of this shit in one place instead of on ten thousand index cards.

(10-23-2011, 06:50 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Oh, I'll help! And I think I will also create several additional threads in the Chicken Soup forum. Who wants a recipe for made from scratch Chicken Soup?

I've been holding back, just waiting for the right opportunity.

(10-23-2011, 06:55 PM)IMaDick Wrote: Thanks for that sweetie, that's why I love you so much , you validate my status as a Mock legend on a daily basis.

I dream of the day when I can nail you right square in the balls.

(10-23-2011, 06:56 PM)IMaDick Wrote: Ya I know thats why cook books were written to get all of this shit in one place instead of on ten thousand index cards.

Cookbooks are so old school, but thanks for giving me a perfect topic for a new thread in the Chicken Soup forum.