Mock
Charles Manson - Up for Parole / DENIED - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Assholes In The News (https://mockforums.net/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Charles Manson - Up for Parole / DENIED (/thread-7700.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Charles Manson - Up for Parole / DENIED - HairOfTheDog - 04-08-2012

[Image: 470_charles_manson_mugshot_120404.jpg?2]
A new photo provided by the California Department of Corrections shows 77-year-old serial killer Charles Manson. Manson will have an April 11, 2012 parole hearing in California.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/20...eedom.html

He's not planning on attending. He knows he won't ever get out - good. The California Parole Board let Susan Atkins die in prison, completely paralyzed with brain cancer. Manson has no shot in hell.

It costs California and its tax payers an estimated average of $48k per year to keep him and the other convicted family members locked up (includes health care, to which prisoners are entitled). Combined that's nearly $10 million spent so far since their incarcerations began 40 years ago (my estimate using latest adjusted averages per prisoner in the state).

Ah well, better they're off the street. He'll probably live to 100 ys old and require a personal attendant in his "protected" cell. But, I do wish Charles Manson would just die already. He lucked out when California overturned the death penalty for a time just after he was convicted; the people of California are paying for his luck.

RE: Charles Manson - Up for Parole (Again) - Lady Cop - 04-08-2012

damn CA is a bunch of wussies anyway. look at current death row...why is that filthy fucker richard allen davis still alive?? let's get on with it CA, you are costing your citizens a LOT of money that they could spend on fruit and nut festivals.

RE: Charles Manson - Up for Parole (Again) - aussiefriend - 04-08-2012

I had this conversation at work the other day regarding him. His wikipedia page printed out is 27 pages!

One of the seniors in my area said that she was convinced he was a classic psychotic with delusions. I said I believed that he was evil. I believe he made a choice and knew exactly what he was doing. I think to be evil is a choice. He is glorified in some circles, this is what he wanted. To be worshipped. He has had his music covered by quiet a few bands including Gun n Roses.

I think he should stay incarcerated for this reason. When people play the 'mental illness' card and get away with it. It creates a negative stigma against those who are genuinely ill. Many people who are genuinely psychotic or have delusions or auditory/visual hallucinations do not harm a fly. In fact, they are more likely to hurt themselves if they are not given their appropriate medications.

That's what I think anyway. Charles Manson, evil.

RE: Charles Manson - Up for Parole (Again) - ZEROSPHERES - 04-08-2012

Just as long as the bands are quiet, I don't mind if they play his stuff.

RE: Charles Manson - Up for Parole (Again) - Adub - 04-08-2012

(04-08-2012, 06:24 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: damn CA is a bunch of wussies anyway. look at current death row...why is that filthy fucker richard allen davis still alive?? let's get on with it CA, you are costing your citizens a LOT of money that they could spend on fruit and nut festivals.

The prison industry here in CA is huge. Lots of good paying jobs. We've got to keep the head count up to keep the industry growing.

Crazy to think that when Polly was taken from her home and murdered, I didn't even have the internet. Was Nancy Grace even around back then? I know I had cable, but not much.

(04-08-2012, 06:28 PM)ZEROSPHERES Wrote: Just as long as the bands are quiet, I don't mind if they play his stuff.

quite hah

RE: Charles Manson - Up for Parole (Again) - Donovan - 04-08-2012

Manson was and is a construct: a boogeyman they hold up every now and then to scare people into thinking the government is out to protect us from evil.

(04-08-2012, 07:02 PM)Donovan Wrote: Manson was and is a construct: a boogeyman they hold up every now and then to scare people into thinking the government is out to protect us from evil.

That is the biggest load of uneducated uniformed horseshit I have ever heard in my life! Bullshit

RE: Charles Manson - Up for Parole (Again) - Duchess - 04-08-2012

That bull sees a lot of action.

RE: Charles Manson - Up for Parole (Again) - HairOfTheDog - 04-08-2012

Quote:Lady Cop Wrote: damn CA is a bunch of wussies anyway. look at current death row...why is that filthy fucker richard allen davis still alive?? let's get on with it CA, you are costing your citizens a LOT of money that they could spend on fruit and nut festivals.

Still kills me that a police officer actually helped Allen to get his car going, likely with Polly Klaas hidden inside. Not the officer's fault, just such an "if only" situation. Love me some Marc Klaas and what he's done to help family members bite the bullet and rule themselves out as suspects right away and to support victims' families. (However, he pissed me off initially supporting Billie Dunn - that didn't last long though.)

Quote:Adub Wrote: The prison industry here in CA is huge. Lots of good paying jobs. We've got to keep the head count up to keep the industry growing.

Crazy to think that when Polly was taken from her home and murdered, I didn't even have the internet. Was Nancy Grace even around back then? I know I had cable, but not much.

I think you're right about economy and employment being a factor. To be perfectly honest, I have my issues with the death penalty in general and would rather pay the fucking taxes (and support the industry) than to see someone wrongfully executed. But, with DNA evidence now more common and advanced (or in cases where all circumstantial evidence and a solid/verified confession exists), I'm less tentative about the DP than I was in the past.

Manson, Davis and Alcala - better they be dead than we CA residents support their sorry ass existences, in my opinion. Even if it meant one less correctional officer employed; some new POSs would come along and fill the void anyway.

I read Helter Skelter when I was 13 or 14. I read all kinds of stuff and like horror books and movies a lot. I remember being up with a flash light and scared reading it in the wee hours on a school night. The Silence of the Lambs and The Exorcist were also books that truly scared me, but they were fiction, much less scary than real life evil.

Quote:Donovan Wrote: Manson was and is a construct: a boogeyman they hold up every now and then to scare people into thinking the government is out to protect us from evil.

We've seen a lot of scary fucks since Manson. He's widely regarded as an evil joke since the documentaries and interviews over the years showed that he was merely a weak, manipulative, power trippin', drug-addicting con man of vulnerable teenagers.

He's not paraded out these days and not allowed to do interviews. I disagree that the government puts him out there as a bogeyman. Maybe up til about 20 years ago, but we've come a long way in producing sicker and more twisted fucks since then (not to minimize the evil of Manson - just to say that he's not been in a league of his own for quite some time).

We're only hearing about him now and seeing this new photo because he's up for parole again; he's a stain to most people except for the nutjob serial killer groupies, in my opinion. CNN pushed and won the fight to get the updated photo - he is still news, I'll give you that. Infamous and a symbol of evil, yes. Paraded as a scary modern day bogeyman by the government or anyone who watches the news or follows crime stories today, nah. My opinion only.

RE: Charles Manson - Up for Parole (Again) - Lady Cop - 04-08-2012

manson is just another geriatric prisoner, this country will spend billions on them and their medical care.
he wasn't such a badass. he was chickenshit. never killed anyone himself. unless maybe he shot one of the guys. i can't remember. he became the devil incarnate mostly due to who and where the victims were. plus we didn't hear a lot about serial murder back then. so it was sensationalized. it WAS bloody and bad though.
manson is just an aging hippie no-talent loser music business wannabe.

Sharon Tate

[Image: Sharon-Tate-murder-scene.jpg]

RE: Charles Manson - Up for Parole (Again) - Donovan - 04-08-2012

The reason he's not allowed to do interviews is because every time he talks it just shows him for a deluded crazy old bugfuck who has long outlived his danger as anything but a symbol for every malcontent or wannabe badguy who needs something to put on a tshirt. He's not a government construct, he's a media construct: instant name recognition, instant scary appeal, still sells "newspapers". Why do you think we still get press releases every time parole comes up for him? You said yourselves, California houses thousands of prisoners, do we get headlines or press clippings complete with photos about any of them when they go up for parole hearings?

RE: Charles Manson - Up for Parole (Again) - HairOfTheDog - 04-08-2012

(04-08-2012, 09:10 PM)Donovan Wrote: The reason he's not allowed to do interviews is because every time he talks it just shows him for a deluded crazy old bugfuck who has long outlived his danger as anything but a symbol for every malcontent or wannabe badguy who needs something to put on a tshirt. He's not a government construct, he's a media construct: instant name recognition, instant scary appeal, still sells "newspapers". Why do you think we still get press releases every time parole comes up for him? You said yourselves, California houses thousands of prisoners, do we get headlines or press clippings complete with photos about any of them when they go up for parole hearings?

Huh?

Yeah, we get press releases and photos (at least on a state/local level) anytime any convicted serial killer comes up for patrol. True story.

Are you kidding me about the media trying to make Manson a bogeyman in today's climate? Pfft. The media is all over crime, it now sells like sex. Sadly, the media doesn't have to reach back 40 years to latch on to some impotent old nutfuck in order to intrigue and scare us or to sell a story. There's always something spooky, here and now. You might be a man outta time (not a bad thing).

Crime sells like fucking hotcakes these days - more than ever before, with the likes of HLN, TruTv, Dateline, MSN Mysteries, 20/20, Discovery Crime Network, etc...

Check your facts, jack.

RE: Charles Manson - Up for Parole (Again) - Cynical Ninja - 04-09-2012

Charlie didn't kill anybody.

Just saying.

RE: Charles Manson - Up for Parole (Again) - aussiefriend - 04-09-2012

(04-09-2012, 10:40 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: Charlie didn't kill anybody.

Neither did Hitler! He ordered the killings.

RE: Charles Manson - Up for Parole (Again) - Donovan - 04-09-2012

Annnnd.....we have a Hitler comparison. Nice work proving my point about Manson being some kind of boogeyman. Did you seriously just compare a dimestore hippie dirtbag to the orchestrator of several million murders? Seriously?

RE: Charles Manson - Up for Parole (Again) - Duchess - 04-09-2012

I had to scroll up to see who did that. Hi Aussie! Hibye

RE: Charles Manson - Up for Parole (Again) - aussiefriend - 04-09-2012

(04-09-2012, 04:35 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I had to scroll up to see who did that. Hi Aussie! Hibye

Hibye

RE: Charles Manson - Up for Parole (Again) - HairOfTheDog - 04-09-2012

(04-09-2012, 10:40 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: Charlie didn't kill anybody.

Just saying.

It's true that he didn't kill anyone with his own hands. But, he was convicted of seven counts of murder and one count of conspiracy. He killed (caused the the death of) those people, he just didn't participate in the stabbing, bludgeoning, strangling, etc.. Still a killer.

RE: Charles Manson - Up for Parole (Again) - Tonyg41 - 04-10-2012

They should hold gladiatorial games and have Manson fight other inmates with swords and shields and Paperview it, make some of those tax dollars back.