Mock
Arizona Takes A Big Step Back. WARNING, GRAPHIC! - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Assholes In The News (https://mockforums.net/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Arizona Takes A Big Step Back. WARNING, GRAPHIC! (/thread-7886.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Arizona Takes A Big Step Back - IMaDick - 05-08-2012

I was raised in a family of 9 kids, we never had much money, I'm glad that my parents didn't consider that a motivating factor at my birth and bury me in the back yard.

It wasn't always easy and as kids if we wanted extra we had to do things to get it, but none of that started until we were old enough to do it, kids needs are pretty simple if I remember right, a meal a bed and hug or two a week was sustaining and enough.

I didn't wear 100 dollar tennis shoes when I was 7 or 8 but I didn't care I had a pair of shoes to play in and a pair to wear to school.

of course we didn't have computer games or a TV in every room of the house either, and our washing machine was a maytage but it was outside and had rollers on top and we had a clothesline in the summer and a dryer in the winter never both at the same time.

RE: Arizona Takes A Big Step Back - username - 05-08-2012

(05-08-2012, 05:08 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(05-08-2012, 05:04 PM)username Wrote: HotD, ever considered working in politics?

hah Hey now!

See next post...

RE: Arizona Takes A Big Step Back - username - 05-08-2012

(05-08-2012, 05:08 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(05-08-2012, 05:04 PM)username Wrote: HotD, ever considered working in politics?

hah Hey now!

Damn. Busted for post editing.

RE: Arizona Takes A Big Step Back - HairOfTheDog - 05-08-2012

Ignore Double post

It's taking like 5 minutes for a post to go through for me and then double posting. Not sure what's wrong; can't see any videos either. Sorry for the doubles all.

RE: Arizona Takes A Big Step Back - Duchess - 05-08-2012

(05-08-2012, 05:31 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: It's taking like 5 minutes for a post to go through for me and then double posting. Not sure what's wrong; can't see any videos either. Sorry for the doubles all.

I'm aware of it & I'm on it.

RE: Arizona Takes A Big Step Back - Ma Huang Sor - 05-08-2012

(05-08-2012, 05:08 PM)IMaDick Wrote: I was raised in a family of 9 kids, we never had much money, I'm glad that my parents didn't consider that a motivating factor at my birth and bury me in the back yard.

It wasn't always easy and as kids if we wanted extra we had to do things to get it, but none of that started until we were old enough to do it, kids needs are pretty simple if I remember right, a meal a bed and hug or two a week was sustaining and enough.

I didn't wear 100 dollar tennis shoes when I was 7 or 8 but I didn't care I had a pair of shoes to play in and a pair to wear to school.

of course we didn't have computer games or a TV in every room of the house either, and our washing machine was a maytage but it was outside and had rollers on top and we had a clothesline in the summer and a dryer in the winter never both at the same time.

We had one of those maytags, and I used to laugh when my gram would catch her boob in the wringer.

(05-08-2012, 05:08 PM)IMaDick Wrote: I was raised in a family of 9 kids, we never had much money, I'm glad that my parents didn't consider that a motivating factor at my birth and bury me in the back yard.

I think you mean what you say and say what you mean, regardless of what anyone else thinks and you value life (your own, the lives of children, the lives of animals...), I'm very very very glad that your parents didn't bury you in a hole in the backyard too!

I've come across some of those types of women (in RL) with whom you've described debating in your post upthread. The ones who carry on about aborting a fetus as basically ridding their bodies of meaningless trash. Luckily, they are few and far between, though they do tend to band together in my experience. While several here at Mock support the right to choose, none have treated the issue with the freakish indifference of those you've encountered elsewhere, imo. It helped that you explained where you've been before with this argument. It may be the same argument, but a whole different crowd...

RE: Arizona Takes A Big Step Back - Cracker - 05-08-2012

I don't know much about it or how they run things in other states, but if it is medically necessary to end a pregnancy, most doctors will perform the procedure in a hospital (D&C). Even pro-life doctors.

Abortion clinics are a whole other thing. They are birth control.

Let's not even lie. There is a difference between an unwanted pregnancy and one that has to be ended prematurely. Women who miscarry don't go to abortion doctors. Abortion clinics are de-assembly lines.

I can see one "mistake" when you are young and dumb, anything beyond that and you fucking suck.

RE: Arizona Takes A Big Step Back - LuciferLynn - 05-08-2012

I don't believe tax payers should pay for abortions. Women that are raped or god forbid, pregnant by incest are probably taking care of their pregancy fairly soon, and as cracker just pointed out, a gynecologist will perform the procedure in the form of a d&c. If you need an abortion because you were young and stupid, because your regular birth control failed, because you just don't want a kid, you'll have to pay for it yourself. In addition, abortion is not birth control. Everybody makes mistakes. No one is perfect. The whole point is to learn from them. If you have to have one abortion because you fucked up, because your birth control failed, because you're not ready, etc., then you should be smart enough to take steps to see that it doesn't happen again. I know a girl who has had many abortions. In fact, she has one child because no doctor would perform another on her. The very idea sickens me.

As it stands, taxpayers are not paying for abortions, it's against the law. In some states, abortions are covered but only in cases of medical emergency, rape, and incest. There is no proposal for Federal or State taxes to cover elective abortion services on the table. What is happening is that state tax dollars allocated to preventing abortions (via birth control, testing, and education) are being haulted in Arizona and some other conservative states because Planned Parenthood, the provider of these tax-funded preventative services, is also the country's largest abortion provider (via private pay or private donations, not tax contributions). Political tail chasing, imo...

Let's be honest, If PP takes tax dollars even if they only pay the electric bill with it tax dollars are still supporting abortion.

I'm not fooled with no tax dollars are paying for abortion, I know if the funding for PP is on the table the services they offer in many cases end up in the bio waste dumpster.

(05-08-2012, 07:26 PM)IMaDick Wrote: Let's be honest, If PP takes tax dollars even if they only pay the electric bill with it tax dollars are still supporting abortion.

I'm not fooled with no tax dollars are paying for abortion, I know if the funding for PP is on the table the services they offer in many cases end up in the bio waste dumpster.

I did some research as this thread kicked off. Yours is the same argument that the conservative politicians cite when haulting PP's tax funding of preventative services. They admit, Dick, that the funds aren't going towards abortions. That would be illegal and I don't think PP would risk losing their funding and violating Federal and State laws. However, the anti-abortion politicians feel that giving PP funding for preventative services strengthens the organization as a whole and allows them to grow and allocate more resources to their private pay and donation funded abortion services.

It's not so much about being fooled, imo. It's about direct vs. indirect impacts.

RE: Arizona Takes A Big Step Back - Tammy75 - 05-08-2012

WOW, I should have known better than to share my POV with personal experience in this thread on this board. While I don't owe anyone anything further, the rest needs to be told, if only for myself.

(05-08-2012, 02:35 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I can think of several years worth of reasons why someone who was even a tiny bit late would run right out and by the lil' sticks to pee on and not one of them would be to make arrangements to have an abortion.

3 positive tests, confirmed by a blood test at my Doctor caused me to make the appointment. Hell I had to borrow the money for my insurance copays at the time. Not that any of yall give a damn, I had a chemical pregnancy and *miscarried* although I didn't know until after the fact. This was confirmed after I went through a vaginal ultrasound and another pregnancy test, again that I happily paid for.

My point was to tell another story than most people think. I have lived on my own since I was 18, NEVER late on one single bill---not one single one ever. Never made much money but never been without a job, heck I have only had 2 jobs my entire life and have worked since I was 14. Never received one single government check. I have scrimped, ate many meals of noodles and rice, and always did without. I helped raise my 3 ADOPTED brothers and sister since I was 9.

Now can anyone tell me what kind of reaction you would have had to seeing an older woman and find out she was giving it up for adoption?

I also have many friends and family that had to use PP (or my county's version--the Health Dept) for BASIC female care. And I truly am horrified that some old men in Washington have the say so on me or my family or friends having to die because they don't have access to BASIC care.

BTW I had The Essure procedure 3 yrs ago to make 99.9999% sure I was never faced with pregnancy again (got too old to keep taking the pill). During the procedure I was told I would have never been able to carry a child past 3-4 months due to *inside* issues. I was also the 26th person to have this procedure at one of the few doctors in my area back then. I was also the FIRST to actually have real health insurance, not welfare insurance and no one knew how to bill my insurance company.

Not everyone that has an abortion is a slutty whore. I just enjoy playing one sometimeshah

(05-08-2012, 09:23 PM)Tammy75 Wrote: WOW, I should have known better than to share my POV with personal experience in this thread on this board. While I don't owe anyone anything further, the rest needs to be told, if only for myself.

You share what you want to, the mistake is thinking that no one will respond to you with their own opinions.

RE: Arizona Takes A Big Step Back - Ma Huang Sor - 05-08-2012

I referred to the red herring dick was fishing with a couple pages ago. I have to say fish or cut bait.

(05-08-2012, 09:32 PM)Ma Huang Sor Wrote: I referred to the red herring dick was fishing with a couple pages ago. I have to say fish or cut bait.

Are you fixated on me?

I can understand.

I am a Legend and that's why.

Now as to what you were refering to, who gives a fuck? it had no bearing on anything important to the discussion, pretty much like the rest of your posts in the thread.

RE: Arizona Takes A Big Step Back - Ma Huang Sor - 05-09-2012

Like your above post has any bearing on this thread? Or the idea that you've been unable to stick to the op throughout?

You're a legend in your own mind it seems.

RE: Arizona Takes A Big Step Back - Ma Huang Sor - 05-09-2012

You should start an abortion as birth control thread if you want to split that hair. This thread is about denying women healthcare under the idea that anything PP does relates to "abortion" by the fascist neocons that want to keep women barefoot and pregnant.m Like you.

It's a red herring, and NOT germane to this discussion imo.

RE: Arizona Takes A Big Step Back - IMaDick - 05-09-2012

Other than the fact that PP does perform abortions they have nothing at all to do with the thread.