Mock
what's for dinner? - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SOUP CHICKEN KITCHEN (https://mockforums.net/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: what's for dinner? (/thread-8012.html)

RE: what's for dinner? - BlueTiki - 05-17-2023

A friend told me her husband is doing KETO . . . so NO carbs (OK . . . like maybe 15gr. a day, tops).

She did a variation of "Shake and Bake" using pulverized chicharrones (fried pork rinds) instead of the seasoned bread crumb style mix.

Swears she'll never go back to traditional style "Shake and Bake" ingredients ever again.

I'd never heard of this technique.

I'm thinking of giving it a try with baked pork chops . . . with horseradish apple sauce and a sweet potato salad, when Mum gets back from Tahoe.

RE: what's for dinner? - BigMark - 05-18-2023

Besides the sodium chicharrones are great for many things, and the traditional thick ones are killer in ham (chicharrone) bean soup.

RE: what's for dinner? - BlueTiki - 05-18-2023

Thanks, Mark!  Again . . . something I never had considered and makes perfect sense.

Now I'm thinking about using the rinds (as one would a hard taco or tostada shell) topped with coleslaw and pulled-pork.  Something different.  Who knows?

This week has presented a lot of new ideas and considerations for me to explore.

RE: what's for dinner? - BlueTiki - 05-28-2023

Off to bring biscuits and sausage grave to my friend (who is now in a physical rehab facility).

And then get her dinner order.  Facility staff don't seem to mind she declines their food.

If it makes her happy and it contributes to a positive recovery attitude, it's a green-light from her doctors.

RE: what's for dinner? - BigMark - 05-28-2023

GRAVY!

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 05-28-2023

(05-18-2023, 02:09 AM)BigMark Wrote: Besides the sodium chicharrones are great for many things, and the traditional thick ones are killer in ham (chicharrone) bean soup.

That's a good idea. Whenever we go to the Mexican restaurant my daughter orders guacamole with a side of chicharrones instead of the chips.

RE: what's for dinner? - BigMark - 05-28-2023

She is going to make one lucky man delightfully miserable.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 05-28-2023

I had corn on the cob. It wasn't local, but it was pretty fricken good nonetheless.

RE: what's for dinner? - MirahM - 05-29-2023

I haven't had that in a long time, sounds delicious.

RE: what's for dinner? - BlueTiki - 05-29-2023

(05-28-2023, 10:42 AM)BigMark Wrote: GRAVY!

hah

Oh, fuck!  Glad she didn't see that!

Her left arm is completely useless and she lost damned near most sight in her left eye.  Short term memory has been severely compromised.

Her spirits are good and her attitude and willingness to fully participate in her recovery is inspiring.

When I see her tonight, I will mention my typo.  She'll get a laugh.  Like when I changed her ring-tone to Billy Squire ("The Stroke") and wrote on her medical white board, as a goal:  "Win at Coverall Bingo."

We do laugh and both will say "Too soon?" when joking about her condition.

I'm bringing one of the dogs with me on Tuesday when I visit. (Then I'll strap her in a wheel-chair and let him pull her like a sled dog!)

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 05-29-2023

(05-29-2023, 03:09 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: Her spirits are good and her attitude and willingness to fully participate in her recovery is inspiring.

Having known someone who had a stroke, this is everything!

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 05-30-2023

(05-29-2023, 03:09 PM)BlueTiki Wrote:

hah

Oh, fuck!  Glad she didn't see that!

Her left arm is completely useless and she lost damned near most sight in her left eye.  Short term memory has been severely compromised.

Her spirits are good and her attitude and willingness to fully participate in her recovery is inspiring.

When I see her tonight, I will mention my typo.  She'll get a laugh.  Like when I changed her ring-tone to Billy Squire ("The Stroke") and wrote on her medical white board, as a goal:  "Win at Coverall Bingo."

We do laugh and both will say "Too soon?" when joking about her condition.

I'm bringing one of the dogs with me on Tuesday when I visit. (Then I'll strap her in a wheel-chair and let him pull her like a sled dog!)
I didn't even notice the typo. My mind just automatically registered it as gravy and when Mark replied I thought he was just exited about gravy.

RE: what's for dinner? - BigMark - 05-30-2023

Chang was at festival and they toppled over the porta potty he was in, he was knee deep in man gravy.

RE: what's for dinner? - Clang McFly - 05-30-2023

(05-30-2023, 03:26 PM)BigMark Wrote: Chang was at festival and they toppled over the porta potty he was in, he was knee deep in man gravy.

Nice typo. It was Mango Gravy. I was at the International Gravy Festival in Canda. Gravy was so tasty I nearly poutined myself.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 05-30-2023

RE: what's for dinner? - BigMark - 06-11-2023

[Image: XWtz0F5.jpg]

That fucking salad was delicious and the eye candy on the beach was pretty good as well.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 06-11-2023

(06-11-2023, 12:55 PM)BigMark Wrote: That fucking salad was delicious 

What was the dressing?

A light drizzle of olive oil, the feta cheese log was the thing that added the needed extra flavor.

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 06-11-2023

I make a dressing with olive oil, vinegar, minced garlic, oregano, fresh cracked salt and pepper and a smidge of Dijon mustard and honey. I grill chicken and put that in a lettuce leaf along with black olives, tomatoes, cucumbers, feta and onions that have been coated with the dressing. You just feel healthy eating it. Like an old, fat pervert on the beach.