Mock
what's for dinner? - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SOUP CHICKEN KITCHEN (https://mockforums.net/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: what's for dinner? (/thread-8012.html)

RE: what's for dinner? - F.U. - 01-25-2013

Have you ever tried mixing deer burger with hamburger? It really leans it up and adds a great flavor. Deer meat is very lean.

RE: what's for dinner? - username - 01-25-2013

(01-25-2013, 05:01 PM)F.U. Dont ask again Wrote:
(01-25-2013, 04:56 PM)username Wrote:
(01-25-2013, 04:53 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: The ground beef for the burgers is 80% lean and the fries will be very lightly salted and light on the oil/grease. Still I'm sure its somewhat bad for me.

You mean 20% fat? I don't consider 80% lean...it's the fattiest ground beef on the market FFS.

User, I had to ask my Ol about this since she is the one that does the shopping. She said that around here the "worst" they sell is a 73 -27. It must be a regional thing.

Huh. Yeah, not here (that I've seen). I usually buy the 10%.

The OL usually buys the 90-10 also, but she said they sell the 73-27 around here.

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 01-25-2013

(01-25-2013, 05:09 PM)F.U. Dont ask again Wrote: Have you ever tried mixing deer burger with hamburger? It really leans it up and adds a great flavor. Deer meat is very lean.

I have a friend that gives us deer meat every once in a while, but I prefer it ground than in chunks because it doesn't seem as gamey for some reason. I've used it in everything from hamburgers to chili and it was excellent.

(01-25-2013, 05:49 PM)sally Wrote:
(01-25-2013, 05:09 PM)F.U. Dont ask again Wrote: Have you ever tried mixing deer burger with hamburger? It really leans it up and adds a great flavor. Deer meat is very lean.

I have a friend that gives us deer meat every once in a while, but I prefer it ground than in chunks because it doesn't seem as gamey for some reason. I've used it in everything from hamburgers to chili and it was excellent.

Spaghetti, goulosh, chili, burgers, even cheese dip. Its great in them all.
I cut and grind about 75% of the deer. The rest is turned into jerky and sticks. Otherwise, as you said, its to gamey for most people.

RE: what's for dinner? - Clang McFly - 01-25-2013

(01-25-2013, 05:13 PM)username Wrote:
(01-25-2013, 05:01 PM)F.U. Dont ask again Wrote:
(01-25-2013, 04:56 PM)username Wrote:
(01-25-2013, 04:53 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: The ground beef for the burgers is 80% lean and the fries will be very lightly salted and light on the oil/grease. Still I'm sure its somewhat bad for me.

You mean 20% fat? I don't consider 80% lean...it's the fattiest ground beef on the market FFS.

User, I had to ask my Ol about this since she is the one that does the shopping. She said that around here the "worst" they sell is a 73 -27. It must be a regional thing.

Huh. Yeah, not here (that I've seen). I usually buy the 10%.

Yeah back when our family wasn't as poor, we bought the more expensive 7%. The 20% is usually cheaper.

RE: what's for dinner? - username - 02-26-2013

I sampled this at Trader Joe's the other day and it was yummy and super easy. I'm making it tonight.

Lazy Lasagna:

2 packages of refrigerated jumbo cheese ravioli (uncooked)
1 jar of Marinara sauce
2 cups (or so) of mozarella
1 cup parmesan cheese grated

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put one package of the ravioli on the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Put about 13 of the sauce and cheese on top. Layer another package of ravioli on top of that and add the remainder of the sauce and cheese. Spray some tinfoil and cover. Cook for 45 minutes.

I'm going to cook some ground beef and add it to the marinara sauce (I'll probably throw some garlic and onion in to that mix as well). I plan to use about 1 12 jars of marinara instead of the 1 jar that is called for.

Salad and.....

GARLIC BREAD!

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 02-27-2013

I made halfassed chicken cordon blu awhile ago. Don't be under the mistaken impression that it was like what you made or could order at a restaurant, it wasn't but I'm told it was tasty and I know it looked okay.

I had very plump, boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I made a "pocket" by slicing lengthwise and inserted the ham & swiss, they had an egg bath and then were rolled/patted with crushed Kebbler crackers and baked. Viola!

RE: what's for dinner? - username - 02-27-2013

Yum!!!

I'm making another Trader Joe's dinner tonight.

A few tablespoons coconut oil
A package of chicken tenders
12 jar yellow curry (although I'm using red, they were out of the yellow)
1 can of coconut cream

Cook the tenders, add the curry and cream and simmer awhile. Serve with any or all on top: coconut, green onions, and/or peanuts. The lady at TJ said it makes a good cold salad too (combined with the rice) and that I could add raisins too (doesn't appeal to me in a hot dish).

Rice and veggie potstickers.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 04-29-2013

Potato salad & something. Yawn

RE: what's for dinner? - Clang McFly - 04-29-2013

Fishsticks, spaghetti, or eggs and something...???

RE: what's for dinner? - username - 04-29-2013

chicken pot pie and a salad.

RE: what's for dinner? - Clang McFly - 04-29-2013

Hamburgers and fries and red velvet cake mix cake with cream cheese frosting.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 05-07-2013

I have no idea & I'm so hungry. Everything healthy needs to be prepared. Whatta pain in my ass.

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 05-07-2013

Stuffed peppers and garlic bread. Semi healthy.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 05-07-2013

Garlic bread *drools*

RE: what's for dinner? - Clang McFly - 05-07-2013

Hamburgers and Suddenly Salad pasta salad, and brownie mix brownies.

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 05-07-2013

(05-07-2013, 06:28 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Hamburgers and Suddenly Salad pasta salad, and brownie mix brownies.

The bacon ranch Suddenly Salad is pretty dam good for a pasta salad in a box.

RE: what's for dinner? - BlueTiki - 05-07-2013

(05-07-2013, 04:16 PM)sally Wrote: Stuffed peppers and garlic bread. Semi healthy.

What color peppers are you using?

Just curious as I roasted some yellows and reds, yesterday.

RE: what's for dinner? - crash - 05-07-2013

Ima cooking a rigatoni pie tonight. The sauce is on and it smells fucking awesome.