Mock
what's for dinner? - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SOUP CHICKEN KITCHEN (https://mockforums.net/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: what's for dinner? (/thread-8012.html)

RE: what's for dinner? - HairOfTheDog - 01-11-2014

I'm up 6 pounds; good holiday food and drink does it to me every year. I think last night was the final party of the season, though.

Tonight, we're having stew - red meat and vegetables, not too bad.

Still, if I get all my work done today, I plan to party a bit while watching the 49ers trounce the Panthers tomorrow.

Starting Monday, I'm in gunt prevention mode - 6 pounds gone by end of January. I've got a freezer full of chicken breasts, turkey burgers, and mixed vegetables.

RE: what's for dinner? - Cynical Ninja - 01-11-2014

(01-11-2014, 02:14 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: red meat

Poison!

Well some people seem to think it is.

Lol.

RE: what's for dinner? - ramseycat - 01-11-2014

My secret mushroom meatloaf recipe and mashed potatoes and asparagus.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 01-11-2014

Mmmm, asparagus. Nom Nom Nom

Elaborate on your secret mushroom meatloaf, please.

It would be so awesome to have my own chef, even better than having slaves.

What's meatloaf like? I've never had it. I would try it but its virtually unheard of in the UK.

It's made from hamburger. I suppose it could be made from any ground meat. I think all families probably have their own version of it using onions, peppers, tomatoes, etc. and it's baked in a loaf pan.

RE: what's for dinner? - ramseycat - 01-11-2014

If I elaborate it won't be secret. Smiley_emoticons_wink

CN, meatloaf is usually a mix of hamburger and ground pork, an egg or two, breadcrumbs, and whatever spices you like. Some people add ketchup. I put in mushrooms and mushroom gravy. Mix it all together and put it in a loaf pan. I pour gravy over the top and bake for an hour at 350. Some people also add chopped up onion or green peppers. Another variation is instead of mushroom gravy use a packet of dry onion soup mix.

(01-11-2014, 03:25 PM)ramseycat Wrote: If I elaborate it won't be secret. Smiley_emoticons_wink

hah

Wise ass!

(01-11-2014, 03:25 PM)ramseycat Wrote: CN, meatloaf is usually a mix of hamburger and ground pork, an egg or two, breadcrumbs, and whatever spices you like. Some people add ketchup. I put in mushrooms and mushroom gravy. Mix it all together and put it in a loaf pan. I pour gravy over the top and bake for an hour at 350. Some people also add chopped up onion or green peppers. Another variation is instead of mushroom gravy use a packet of dry onion soup mix.

I want to try it now.

Its cooked in a loaf tin and has breadcrumbs?

Now I understand the “loaf” of meatloaf.

RE: what's for dinner? - Clang McFly - 01-11-2014

(01-11-2014, 02:56 PM)Duchess Wrote:

It would be so awesome to have my own chef, even better than having slaves.
I'd offer my services but I imagine this would end up like that pool cleaning job. You're such a tease Duchess.

RE: what's for dinner? - HairOfTheDog - 01-11-2014

(01-11-2014, 02:49 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote:
(01-11-2014, 02:14 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: red meat

Poison!

Well some people seem to think it is.

Lol.

A New York steak cooked medium with grilled onions and a baked potato is one of my favorite meals. But, stew, carne asada, ground beef enchiladas, spaghetti with thick marinara and meatballs, salami and provolone sub...all high on the list, too.

I probably eat red meat two or three times a week - I'm still kicking and way healthier than I probably should be.

I don't eat red meat everyday I don't even eat meat everyday. But steak and chips and a sunday beef roast just can't be beat.

In the UK is fish & chips, fish & what we know as french fries? Also, is it really sold in yesterday's newspaper?

Yeah we call french fries chips.

Fish and chips hasn't been sold wrapped in old newspaper for many many years and when it was it had a plain paper liner to stop the newspaper ink getting on the food.

You would be surprised, we floss and everything now nigger!

(01-11-2014, 04:19 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: You would be surprised, we floss and everything now nigger!

Hahaha! I have a romantic view of the UK. I think it's all exactly as Dickens has described to me, cobblestone streets, quaint shops, little boys in newsboy caps, match girls, stuff like that. Please don't disillusion me.

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 01-11-2014

Grilled shrimp in pita with chopped fresh veggies, hot peppers and tzatziki sauce.

(01-11-2014, 07:03 PM)sally Wrote: Grilled shrimp in pita with chopped fresh veggies, hot peppers and tzatziki sauce.
Lol, Enjoy your night on the toilet.

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 01-11-2014

(01-11-2014, 07:56 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:
(01-11-2014, 07:03 PM)sally Wrote: Grilled shrimp in pita with chopped fresh veggies, hot peppers and tzatziki sauce.

Spicy stuff doesn't bother me at all, I have a stomach like a goat.

But just to amuse you I'll pretend like I'm stuck on the toilet again tomorrow morning.

(01-11-2014, 08:03 PM)sally Wrote:
(01-11-2014, 07:56 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:

Spicy stuff doesn't bother me at all, I have a stomach like a goat.

But just to amuse you I'll pretend like I'm stuck on the toilet again tomorrow morning.
thank you, much appreciated.