Mock
what's for dinner? - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SOUP CHICKEN KITCHEN (https://mockforums.net/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: what's for dinner? (/thread-8012.html)

RE: what's for dinner? - SIXFOOTERsez - 05-26-2014

You could put Hollandaise on a turd and make it paletable.
Tonight's feast was awesome, Son in law was here, we talked about the grandkids, I think I am going to colorado in July for an organised Daughters and Dads/Grandpa's camp trip with all their kids. Might be time to bestow the ceremonial blade on the eldest grandchild.
Should be quite the soiree, passing on of something special. Teach the kids how to make some stuff, cook some stuff, id some stars...
Who is in Colorado?

RE: what's for dinner? - Blindgreed1 - 05-27-2014

(05-26-2014, 01:57 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: This evenings fare will be shared with my ever present GF and my Son in Law will be here tonight.
On the Menu a very nice Rib Eye Rare for everyone, Grilled Asparagus with Holandaise, grilled portobello , garden fresh salad and for desert, hand made Key Lime Pie, all prepared by yours truely.
Starter beverage will be a very nice Black IPA, I didn't make it but it is very good.
Wine with dinner will be a late harvest Zinfandel
I tried my hand at my best guess on an "Odells" IPA over the weekend. Pitched the yeast this morning.

Did ribs and chicken over the weekend. Brined both for over 24 hours. Outstanding as usual. Finished it off with some yellow squash boiled in diced fire roasted tomatoes and white sweet potato's with all the fixins.

RE: what's for dinner? - Maggot - 05-27-2014

You people make me drool and my stomach growl.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 05-27-2014

I know I'm not included in that "you people". The bagel I grab on my way out the door doesn't make anyone drool.

RE: what's for dinner? - Maggot - 05-27-2014

With cream cheese? Oh the joy!! I'm on a liquid diet for some blood tests and I just want something solid.

RE: what's for dinner? - crash - 05-27-2014

I love a bagel with cream cheese and slices of tomato. They don't like me though..

(05-23-2014, 08:21 PM)crash Wrote:
(05-23-2014, 01:00 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: What are the odds Crash can score canned Hatch chiles in OZ?

Is it any one of these..
Right brand, but I didn't see the whole green chilis.

I sent the chicky an email, she's looking into it for me.

RE: what's for dinner? - SIXFOOTERsez - 05-27-2014

(05-27-2014, 10:49 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(05-26-2014, 01:57 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: This evenings fare will be shared with my ever present GF and my Son in Law will be here tonight.
On the Menu a very nice Rib Eye Rare for everyone, Grilled Asparagus with Holandaise, grilled portobello , garden fresh salad and for desert, hand made Key Lime Pie, all prepared by yours truely.
Starter beverage will be a very nice Black IPA, I didn't make it but it is very good.
I tried my hand at my best guess on an "Odells" IPA over the weekend. Pitched the yeast this morning.

Did ribs and chicken over the weekend. Brined both for over 24 hours. Outstanding as usual. Finished it off with some yellow squash boiled in diced fire roasted tomatoes and white sweet potato's with all the fixins.

So your a beer maker too?

You brew grain or extract, BG? Iirc, you're an extract brewer, Six?

I have a freakin great grain recipe for Dogfishead 90 min IPA.

(05-27-2014, 05:42 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote:

I am. For about 10 years now. IPA's are my passion.

(05-27-2014, 05:57 PM)crash Wrote: You brew grain or extract, BG? Iirc, you're an extract brewer, Six?

I have a freakin great grain recipe for Dogfishead 90 min IPA.
Grain. But The Dogfish just isn't nearly as smooth as the Odells. I'll share the recipe if it comes out the way I want it to. lol. Never tried this one before and haven't ever used this hops combination so it's a bit of guess work at the moment.

Do you use beersmith?

(05-27-2014, 06:00 PM)crash Wrote: Do you use beersmith?
No I go through a mom and pop place here called Brew Your Own Brew. They're on the interwebz now as well.

Beersmith is a piece of software I use to calculate SG, IBU etc. it's only about $25 and you can load recipes into it.

I have a shit ton of beersmith recipes from Sierra Nevada pale at one end to Old Rasputin RIS at the other..

(05-27-2014, 06:07 PM)crash Wrote: Beersmith is a piece of software I use to calculate SG, IBU etc. it's only about $25 and you can load recipes into it.

I have a shit ton of beersmith recipes from Sierra Nevada pale at one end to Old Rasputin RIS at the other..
I might have to hit you up if this recipe doesn't work out the way I want it to. I wasn't happy with a 5.6 ABV, so I threw in an extra lb of 2nd row. Hopefully it won't set me too far of kilter.

I can dig up some pretty lethal recipes to share. I did an Arrogant Bastard knock off with a lb. of espresso in it once that wiped out all of my buddies. One of them was walking around the pool naked talking crap to his inlaws on the stuff. He nearly got divorced over that.

RE: what's for dinner? - Blindgreed1 - 05-28-2014

Carboy was bubbling this morning and the room where I have my primary smelled like bananas and that's usually a pretty good sign that a damned good brew is happening.

RE: what's for dinner? - crash - 06-02-2014

(05-23-2014, 10:52 PM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(05-23-2014, 08:21 PM)crash Wrote:
(05-23-2014, 01:00 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: What are the odds Crash can score canned Hatch chiles in OZ?

Is it any one of these..

Nope.

would these work?

[Image: Whole_Green_Chil_523a52c08f33f.jpg]

RE: what's for dinner? - SIXFOOTERsez - 06-03-2014

(05-27-2014, 05:57 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(05-27-2014, 05:42 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote:

I am. For about 10 years now. IPA's are my passion.
Cool, Belgians are my fav. I have one called "Pirat Dans Deadly Dunkel"
A special 12% that Rocks..