Mock
what's for dinner? - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SOUP CHICKEN KITCHEN (https://mockforums.net/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: what's for dinner? (/thread-8012.html)

RE: what's for dinner? - FAHQTOO - 08-12-2014

(08-12-2014, 05:39 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Just got some sweet corn this past Sunday.

It's perfect.

Me too.

Yes, it was.

RE: what's for dinner? - Midwest Spy - 08-12-2014

(08-12-2014, 06:37 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote:
(08-12-2014, 05:39 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Just got some sweet corn this past Sunday.

It's perfect.

Me too.

Yes, it was.

Nothing like fresh corn straight off the stalk, thrown in some boiling water and lathered in butter.

You should see my daughter attack it.

She's a hoot.

RE: what's for dinner? - FAHQTOO - 08-12-2014

(08-12-2014, 08:32 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(08-12-2014, 06:37 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote:

It's perfect.

Me too.

Yes, it was.

Nothing like fresh corn straight off the stalk, thrown in some boiling water and lathered in butter.

You should see my daughter attack it.

She's a hoot.

Sweet Corn...the best thing about August. I won't eat it unless it's picked the same day.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 08-13-2014

You guys have to wait until August for corn? Damn.

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 08-13-2014

We have fresh corn year round and it tastes the same whether it's Dec or Aug. Tomatoes are a different story, they're just now starting to taste like a real tomato. The rest of the year you don't even want to bother with them from the grocery store.

RE: what's for dinner? - Blindgreed1 - 08-13-2014

Anybody here do the vegetable co-op in your area?

RE: what's for dinner? - Maggot - 08-13-2014

(08-13-2014, 11:42 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Anybody here do the vegetable co-op in your area?

I trade pickles for stuff like bacon and eggs from a farm up the road. There is a few acres a couple of towns over that they give an area to poor people to grow a garden. Its right across from the woman's prison.

(08-13-2014, 12:17 PM)Maggot Wrote:
(08-13-2014, 11:42 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Anybody here do the vegetable co-op in your area?

I trade pickles for stuff like bacon and eggs from a farm up the road. There is a few acres a couple of towns over that they give an area to poor people to grow a garden. Its right across from the woman's prison.
I just signed up for my local co-op here. It comes out to about 20 bucks a week. I go next Tuesday to pick up my first share. Based on what I'm going to get, it looks like a pretty awesome deal.

RE: what's for dinner? - Maggot - 08-13-2014

(08-13-2014, 01:26 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

I just signed up for my local co-op here. It comes out to about 20 bucks a week. I go next Tuesday to pick up my first share. Based on what I'm going to get, it looks like a pretty awesome deal.

I did something like that last year, it worked out well but we did it I think 20.00 a week starting in the spring. I got 12 a pig in the fall and some corn for about 260.00 he threw in 1 ton of compost for my garden in the spring delivered. it ended up being about 1.00 a # for the meat maybe less when you consider the 50 corn and compost.

(08-13-2014, 01:40 PM)Maggot Wrote:
(08-13-2014, 01:26 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

I did something like that last year, it worked out well but we did it I think 20.00 a week starting in the spring. I got 12 a pig in the fall and some corn for about 260.00 he threw in 1 ton of compost for my garden in the spring delivered. it ended up being about 1.00 a # for the meat maybe less when you consider the 50 corn and compost.
Now THAT was an awesome deal. I know a local rancher here who raises cattle, pigs and emus, but when I asked him if I could buy half a hog and a side of beef he hemmed and hawed. This co-op also has beef, chicken and turkey, but it's kind of pricey ($4 and change/lb) because its organic, range fed meat.

RE: what's for dinner? - crash - 08-13-2014

(08-13-2014, 10:36 AM)sally Wrote: We have fresh corn year round and it tastes the same whether it's Dec or Aug. Tomatoes are a different story, they're just now starting to taste like a real tomato. The rest of the year you don't even want to bother with them from the grocery store.

You have to go to the hippy markets here to get real tomatoes. Or grow your own from the right seeds. Store bought tomatoes are tasteless.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 08-14-2014

Real tomatoes, juicy and tasty, real cucumbers that are so full of flavor you can smell them in the next room when they are being cut, watermelon the same way. I hate to see it come to an end.

RE: what's for dinner? - crash - 08-14-2014

Cucumber is for heathens...*blech*

I'm a vegetable heathen then.

Now that I've thought about this for a moment I realize you've got a lot of nerve saying that about heathens. You eat lamb! Ramsey too and several others in here. You're all godless heathens. One day when y'all have worms you'll be understanding that Duchess was right after all.

I ate lamb tonight! I wasn't going to tell you, but.

It was delicious too! Tasty, tasty lamb shoulder roast.

My God. You brute...

...and Ramsey is a brutess. Hahaha!

No more coffee for me.

Meh...they don't bleat much in the oven.

RE: what's for dinner? - Blindgreed1 - 08-14-2014

(08-14-2014, 06:50 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Now that I've thought about this for a moment I realize you've got a lot of nerve saying that about heathens. You eat lamb! Ramsey too and several others in here. You're all godless heathens. One day when y'all have worms you'll be understanding that Duchess was right after all.
You left out the part about how gamey lamb is. I had a relative that baked a lamb shank for xmas. Tasted like shit. Had chops at a Greek wedding once that weren't bad, but they seasoned the hell out of them. Lamb? I'll pass thank you.

You'd have to put a gun to my head to get me to eat lamb. It's not happening. I try to shame some people about what they eat but it never works.