Mock
what's for dinner? - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SOUP CHICKEN KITCHEN (https://mockforums.net/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: what's for dinner? (/thread-8012.html)

RE: what's for dinner? - FAHQTOO - 10-18-2014

(10-18-2014, 05:47 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I had a bowl of Lucky Charms because the cook went to play the slots.

I had a bowl of Lucky Charms at 3 am this morning.

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 10-18-2014

Good thing CN isn't here to see this.

RE: what's for dinner? - Maggot - 10-18-2014

(10-18-2014, 12:34 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote:

That is strange, I had a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch at 4am. Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch

(10-18-2014, 12:53 PM)Maggot Wrote:
(10-18-2014, 12:34 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote:

That is strange, I had a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch at 4am. Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch

2 pm and now I want a bowl of Count Chocula...or Boo Berry. I wish they still made it.

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 10-18-2014

They brought it back, I saw them in the cereal aisle the other day.

(10-18-2014, 02:03 PM)sally Wrote: They brought it back, I saw them in the cereal aisle the other day.

You just made my day.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 10-18-2014

Cereal - it's not just for breakfast.

RE: what's for dinner? - Maggot - 10-19-2014

I don't like the cereal with the marshmallow things in it. I feel like I'm swallowing a piece of snot.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 10-19-2014

Fucking hell. I hadn't better be thinking that the next time I pour a bowl of Lucky Charms, mister. 16

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 11-16-2014

What's for dinner, Sal?

Odd that I think of you cooking many times when I'm hungry.

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 11-16-2014

This damn pork roast that I forgot to thaw out so I just seasoned it up in threw it in the oven half frozen. I'll cook some yellow rice and peas to go with it.

Sorry to be a disappointment this time. I'm about sick and tired of people relying on me to feed them.

RE: what's for dinner? - Midwest Spy - 11-16-2014

My wife's sister just treated us to a very nice meal at her house.

Sally, do you ever wear just an apron in the kitchen, and nothing else?

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 11-16-2014

(11-16-2014, 08:17 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Sally, do you ever wear just an apron in the kitchen, and nothing else?

Yeah once when the Sears appliance guy came over to fix my ice maker.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 11-17-2014

(11-16-2014, 08:15 PM)sally Wrote: Sorry to be a disappointment this time.

I wasn't disappointed but I'd like an antipasto next time. Thanks!

There are some people in life who extend dinner invitations and one automatically says yes without even knowing what's on the menu, it never matters because the person is a great cook. That's pretty much how I view you. That's just an observation coming from years of seeing what you make for your family, I'm not buttering your biscuit.

RE: what's for dinner? - QueenBee - 11-17-2014

Made chicken with some Country Sweet sauce on it. That is a locally grown sauce, not sure how widely available it is (though it is on Amazon) but it is a good sweet & tangy sauce for folks like me who are really not into the BBQ or Buffalo sauce.
Added some paprika and other seasonings to the chicken. Made a side of pasta too. Not bad, if I do say so myself.

RE: what's for dinner? - username - 11-17-2014

Vegetable soup. Not from a can.

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 11-17-2014

Sloppy Joes which I haven't made in years, cheesy potatoes and salad. I made the sloppy joes somewhat healthy by using grass fed beef and whole wheat buns so I don't feel so bad for serving up garbage.

RE: what's for dinner? - username - 11-17-2014

(11-17-2014, 10:19 PM)sally Wrote: Sloppy Joes which I haven't made in years, cheesy potatoes and salad. I made the sloppy joes somewhat healthy by using grass fed beef and whole wheat buns so I don't feel so bad for serving up garbage.

That sounds really good. I'm going to have a ton of left over veggie soup but soon...

I make my sloppy joe's with ground beef, tomato sauce, ketchup, bell pepper, onion, dried mustard, red wine vinegar, brown sugar...I think that's it. Any suggestions?

I hadn't made this veggie soup until tonight. It's freaking awesome if I do say so myself. *slurp, slurp*. I used this as a starter recipe and modified it to our tastes (fuck lima beans):

INGREDIENTS

2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups chopped onions or thinly sliced leeks (whites only)
1 cup thinly sliced celery
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
Coarse salt and ground pepper
3 cans (14 12 ounces each) reduced-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, with juice
1 tablespoon tomato paste
8 cups mixed fresh or frozen vegetables, such as carrots, corn, green beans, lima beans, peas, potatoes, and zucchini (cut larger vegetables into smaller pieces)
DIRECTIONS

Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add onions or leeks, celery, and Italian seasoning; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until onions are translucent, 5 to 8 minutes.
WATCH: How to Wash Leeks
Add broth, tomatoes and their juice, tomato paste, and 3 cups water to pot; bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, and cook, uncovered, 20 minutes.
WATCH: How to Dice
Add vegetables to pot, and return to a simmer. Cook, uncovered, until vegetables are tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Let cool before storing.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 11-18-2014

I used to make sloppy joes for my godson when he liked coming out and spending time on the farm -

Brown the burger, add 1 can tomato soup (no water, just soup) and one jar of salsa. Ta Da!

I make vegetable beef soup in the Winter too! I cook nothing before hand, I just add everything to a big pot and it simmers all day.

Hehehe, sometimes I cook good. *fluffs hair*

RE: what's for dinner? - username - 11-18-2014

My son requested the veggie soup last night and today he's asked me to make frozen yogurt covered blueberries. I'm going to make a batch but in the future, he's making the stupid things himself.

He's on a health kick which is great but McDonald's was easier. Sheesh.