Mock
what's for dinner? - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SOUP CHICKEN KITCHEN (https://mockforums.net/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: what's for dinner? (/thread-8012.html)

RE: what's for dinner? - Jimbone - 05-01-2015

(05-01-2015, 02:34 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: I'm confused... Why is a machine needed for a Margarita?

I guess these machines shave the ice, instead of grinding and blending it. It's supposed to make a difference, which is why I balked at first.

After they open their gift and I have a drink from it, I'll report back.

RE: what's for dinner? - Blindgreed1 - 05-01-2015

(05-01-2015, 02:44 PM)Jimbone Wrote:
(05-01-2015, 02:34 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: I'm confused... Why is a machine needed for a Margarita?

I guess these machines shave the ice, instead of grinding and blending it. It's supposed to make a difference, which is why I balked at first.

Oh FROZEN Margaritas! I see. I don't care for them. Slows down the intake process too much.hah

RE: what's for dinner? - blueberryhill - 05-01-2015

(05-01-2015, 03:21 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

Oh FROZEN Margaritas! I see. I don't care for them. Slows down the intake process too much.hah

I like to press the easy button as much as possible and I found 6 packs of pre made margaritas. Just open chilled bottle and pour. I don't use ice either as it dilutes it too much here in hot ole' Phoenix.....I also got tired of hunting down wine opener and fooling around with that thing for an eternity so I found 6 packs of wine, no opener needed, just unscrew..found them at Bashas grocery store but notice Walgreen's drug are now carrying them. Very convenient, you can even carry in your purse...I am an ex foodie and would have died for the margarita machine, however. I also drink the house vodka as I can't tell the difference between expensive and cheap. I wouldn't know Grey Goose from the $10.00 jug of vodka on sale at your local grocery store. Back in the 80's, i wanted the coffee station just like in Starbucks, all the fancy machines which made and dispensed everything from sorbet, ice cream, sherbets, coffee, tea, gelato, soda, etc.....
Getting back to the margaritas, I like the individual servings as you don't have to mix up a batch in blender, pitcher, etc. Each bottle equals one margarita....

RE: what's for dinner? - HairOfTheDog - 05-01-2015

I think I'd enjoy partying with you, blueberry.

I'll bring the pita and hummus.

Cheers

RE: what's for dinner? - ZEROSPHERES - 05-01-2015

(04-30-2015, 03:17 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: I'm 100% sure I do actually eat boogers and fingernails.

Clang, Have I got the cat for you!!

[Image: 585f9711914fc70038ee8f0ca6828921.gif]

RE: what's for dinner? - Blindgreed1 - 05-01-2015

(05-01-2015, 05:13 PM)blueberryhill Wrote:
(05-01-2015, 03:21 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

I like to press the easy button as much as possible and I found 6 packs of pre made margaritas. Just open chilled bottle and pour. I don't use ice either as it dilutes it too much here in hot ole' Phoenix.....I also got tired of hunting down wine opener and fooling around with that thing for an eternity so I found 6 packs of wine, no opener needed, just unscrew..found them at Bashas grocery store but notice Walgreen's drug are now carrying them. Very convenient, you can even carry in your purse...I am an ex foodie and would have died for the margarita machine, however. I also drink the house vodka as I can't tell the difference between expensive and cheap. I wouldn't know Grey Goose from the $10.00 jug of vodka on sale at your local grocery store. Back in the 80's, i wanted the coffee station just like in Starbucks, all the fancy machines which made and dispensed everything from sorbet, ice cream, sherbets, coffee, tea, gelato, soda, etc.....
Getting back to the margaritas, I like the individual servings as you don't have to mix up a batch in blender, pitcher, etc. Each bottle equals one margarita....
As I said, I'm not one to slow down the intake process, so I've actually honed Margaritas down to shots of tequila. Depending on what kind of tequila I may or may not use the salt and lime. The difference between the expensive vodka and the cheap stuff is an easy explanation: The cheap stuff gives you a worse hangover because it isn't free from impurities. Run the cheap stuff through a coffee filter a few times and you get a higher grade vodka. Cheers!

RE: what's for dinner? - HairOfTheDog - 05-01-2015

You're right (again) Gunnar. 116

If I was gonna drink to get drunk, I'd drink the good shit for the least painful morning after.

If I was gonna mix the liquor and just have one or two at a time (which is almost always the case), I'd go with well drinks because the taste difference is too negligible for me to notice and I like to save money where I can.

I'm not a cheap drunk but I am a cheap buzzed, I guess.

RE: what's for dinner? - blueberryhill - 05-01-2015

(05-01-2015, 05:21 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I think I'd enjoy partying with you, blueberry.

I'll bring the pita and hummus.

Cheers

Yeah, Hair, I'm down with that (or is it up, lol)....I've got those party moves down pat....

RE: what's for dinner? - Love Child - 05-03-2015

Is this still a dinner thread?
I made coconut curry for the first time tonight and it was fucking fantastic.

RE: what's for dinner? - blueberryhill - 05-04-2015

(05-03-2015, 11:15 PM)Love Child Wrote: Is this still a dinner thread?
I made coconut curry for the first time tonight and it was fucking fantastic.

hahhahhah some of dinner thread getting off track was my fault. As Duchess noted, I have been corrupted by that mean girl, Sally.
I do miss all the good recipes....would u mind sharing curry recipe? i used to make one that was rather complicated and would like to see a more simple one.

RE: what's for dinner? - Maggot - 05-04-2015

I got a couple lbs of rabbit yesterday and will probably deep fry it.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 05-04-2015

Mmmmm, sounds awesome.

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 05-04-2015

I bought a rabbit from the grocery store once and it was absolutely disgusting.

(05-04-2015, 01:35 PM)sally Wrote: I bought a rabbit from the grocery store once and it was absolutely disgusting.

Your not supposed to let it run around the house.

RE: what's for dinner? - Midwest Spy - 05-04-2015

(05-04-2015, 01:54 PM)Maggot Wrote:
(05-04-2015, 01:35 PM)sally Wrote: I bought a rabbit from the grocery store once and it was absolutely disgusting.

Your not supposed to let it run around the house.

I picture Maggot out in his backyard shooting whatever wanders by. Rabbit, squirrel, chipmunk, etc., and eating all of them.

Mmmmm rabbit

RE: what's for dinner? - blueberryhill - 05-04-2015

I was sorta fearful of posting something about eating rabbit.....
Again, going back to the dark ages, specifically, 60's, I could walk in the local grocery and buy fresh rabbit, fresh frog legs. This is what I was feeding my kid, along with the token roast beef on Sunday....I fixed a lot of Chinese (not PF Chang shit) and Japanese food, too. Today, you just can't find these products in your neighborhood grocery store. I couldn't be normal even in those days...Someone gave me a recipe for fried rabbit, using graham crackers as the crust. It was very good. I know I have posted this before...but I ate pheasant, chucker quail, etc. Now, today, and I see the mother quail marching around with her babies in tow, and I think, "How could I have done that?" I also could find fresh calf liver.....I used to fry it in bacon grease and then serve it with bacon on top....I still like veal and I do apologize for that....I have to be careful when dining (?) with friends as some get really upset with me so I have to be very covert and whisper my order to wait staff.....

There's a place called the "healthy Buffalo" up the road that sells just about anything.

healthy buffalo

RE: what's for dinner? - Blindgreed1 - 05-04-2015

(05-04-2015, 04:43 PM)Maggot Wrote: There's a place called the "healthy Buffalo" up the road that sells just about anything.

healthy buffalo
I wish I had one of those here. My daughter asked for gator last night.

I don't really eat bunny.