Mock
what's for dinner? - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SOUP CHICKEN KITCHEN (https://mockforums.net/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: what's for dinner? (/thread-8012.html)

RE: what's for dinner? - Blindgreed1 - 07-08-2015

(07-07-2015, 11:12 PM)sally Wrote: Mexican's do shrimp really good. I love the shrimp rancheros from the place we go to.
Wrapped in bacon, stuffed with cream cheese and deep fried?

(07-08-2015, 11:08 AM)imsuchawildflower Wrote: You're exactly right. Albq is the bottom of the shithole.
WE have some pretty amazing Mexican food down here. Full spectrum. One restaurant here claims to have produced the first chimichanga.

RE: what's for dinner? - imsuchawildflower - 07-08-2015

(07-08-2015, 11:09 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(07-07-2015, 11:12 PM)sally Wrote: Mexican's do shrimp really good. I love the shrimp rancheros from the place we go to.

I've had them grilled...not deep fried.

(07-08-2015, 11:11 AM)imsuchawildflower Wrote:

I've had them grilled...not deep fried.
They're quite good. Mariscos deep fries them just long enough to make the bacon crispy. All of the grilled versions I've had either have limp bacon or overcooked shrimp. Deep frying seems to be the way to go.

Sounds delicious!!

(07-08-2015, 11:16 AM)imsuchawildflower Wrote: Sounds delicious!!
There are many great Mexican food places down here, each with their own specialty. Everything from the hole in the wall joint that has the best red chili, to the high end places where they don't even provide a menu. You just get what the chef wants to cook for you. Never walked away from that one wishing I had a choice to order. I've been all over the Southwest and Tucson has the best Mexican food.

RE: what's for dinner? - crash - 07-08-2015

I've eaten Mexican in Tucson. Mi Nidito was once (In sure we've had this convo before?) and the other was El Charro. El Charro was awesome.

(07-08-2015, 12:21 PM)crash Wrote: I've eaten Mexican in Tucson. Mi Nidito was once (In sure we've had this convo before?) and the other was El Charro. El Charro was awesome.
Both high on the list. El Charro is where the chimi was invented supposedly.

RE: what's for dinner? - BlueTiki - 07-08-2015

(07-08-2015, 12:59 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(07-08-2015, 12:21 PM)crash Wrote: I've eaten Mexican in Tucson. Mi Nidito was once (In sure we've had this convo before?) and the other was El Charro. El Charro was awesome.

Ahhhh . . . the chimi debate!

Macayo's (Woody Johnson's joint and throughout the Phoenix Metro area) also claims the honor of the creation of the chimi.

BTW - El Charro gets a "thumbs-up" from me, too.

(07-08-2015, 01:05 PM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(07-08-2015, 12:59 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

Ahhhh . . . the chimi debate!

Macayo's (Woody Johnson's joint and throughout the Phoenix Metro area) also claims the honor of the creation of the chimi.

BTW - El Charro gets a "thumbs-up" from me, too.
I think it would be pretty difficult to discern which Mexican decided to fry a burrito first. hah

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 07-08-2015

No, they have something similar to that on their appetizer menu, but it's not called rancheros.

The shrimp rancheros they serve comes in a spicy red sauce and is served with flour tortillas.

(07-08-2015, 01:52 PM)sally Wrote:

No, they have something similar to that on their appetizer menu, but it's not called rancheros.

The shrimp rancheros they serve comes in a spicy red sauce and is served with flour tortillas.
Kinda like a shrimp burro only not wrapped up. Gotcha. You ever had a sonoran dog?

RE: what's for dinner? - Jimbone - 07-08-2015

I just at two Nathans hotdogs for lunch. Delicious. Again.

RE: what's for dinner? - BlueTiki - 07-08-2015

(07-08-2015, 02:17 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: You ever had a sonoran dog?

Oh, yeah . . . baby!

Every time I go to the Mexican Flea Market.

And for MS's mid-western negro friends . . . they don't taste like chicken.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 07-08-2015

(07-08-2015, 02:56 PM)Jimbone Wrote: I just at two Nathans hotdogs for lunch. Delicious. Again.

I don't think you should make a habit of 2 hotdogs for lunch every weekday.

I think a lunchtime matinee is a better idea. My eyebrows are wiggling at you in a filthy kinda way if you get my drift. See if Mrs. Bone would be up for that.

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 07-08-2015

I've never had a sonoran dog, but I looked it up and I could go for one right now. I haven't ate anything yet.

It seems like it would be easy to re-create at home except for the roll that it comes on which I don't think is typically found here in Florida. Kind of like the New England style hot dog buns used for lobster rolls. You'd have to order the rolls from somewhere to make it authentic.

I prefer New Mexican, Mexican food...green chile is on of my favorite foods of all time list, especially when it's freshly roasted.

(07-08-2015, 04:54 PM)imsuchawildflower Wrote: I prefer New Mexican, Mexican food...green chile is on of my favorite foods of all time list, especially when it's freshly roasted.
Nonsense. They grill just as well anywhere you grill them. And they grow just as well here as they do there. I prove this theory every Aug-Sept. There 4-5 farms here that grow the same strain as the famous NM Hatch green chili. I've tasted them side by side, literally no difference. And yes of course I grill my own.

(07-08-2015, 03:16 PM)sally Wrote: I've never had a sonoran dog, but I looked it up and I could go for one right now. I haven't ate anything yet.

It seems like it would be easy to re-create at home except for the roll that it comes on which I don't think is typically found here in Florida. Kind of like the New England style hot dog buns used for lobster rolls. You'd have to order the rolls from somewhere to make it authentic.
I've used bolo rolls for them before and they come out great.

I still stand by my statement. There's just something about Hatch Green Chile that sets it apart. I literally eat green chile everyday...I know the difference.