Mock
what's for dinner? - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SOUP CHICKEN KITCHEN (https://mockforums.net/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: what's for dinner? (/thread-8012.html)

RE: what's for dinner? - Maggot - 11-02-2015

The English desecrate fish........... each......... and.......... every........... day. I bet they even eat carp.

RE: what's for dinner? - username - 11-03-2015

A pan of turkey kielbasa and a pan of vegetarian kielbasa (PITA--making two pans), both sauteed with assorted peppers and onions with an island teriyaki sauce and pineapple chunks over rice with a salad. Easy.

Last night I made a vegetarian spaghetti squash casserole with a mix of ricotta and goat cheese, tons of spinach, onions, chopped tomatoes and some garlic topped with some bread crumbs and a handful of mozzarella cheese with another salad.

Since my daughter has gone vegetarian (mostly, she'll eat a few bites of chicken every now and then) except for the cheese, we're eating a lot more healthy. I can't remember the last time I cooked red meat. Months ago?

Probably 4 out of 7 nights are entirely vegetarian with the other 3 a poultry of some sort (or me taking a night or two off).

RE: what's for dinner? - Blindgreed1 - 11-03-2015

(11-02-2015, 06:40 PM)crash Wrote: You can cook Thai fish cakes in a normal skillet with a spray of oil. I'm not a fan of fried food either. People rave about fish and chips with crispy batter but all I feel like is that I'm eating a big wad of dough soaked in oil with a morsel of fish inside. I'd rather my fish steamed, pan fried or char broiled any day.
Yup, same here. Cedar plank on the bar b que is one of my faves.

RE: what's for dinner? - crash - 11-18-2015

Miso marinated black cod fillet. Fucking yum..

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 12-01-2015

I'm sitting at my desk eating cocktail peanuts. Cock. Tail. Didn't someone in here recently mention that? Cock. Tail. They are sorta addicting. The nuts, that is. I suck the salt off them.

RE: what's for dinner? - Blindgreed1 - 12-01-2015

(12-01-2015, 05:28 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I'm sitting at my desk eating cocktail peanuts. Cock. Tail. Didn't someone in here recently mention that? Cock. Tail. They are sorta addicting. The nuts, that is. I suck the salt off them.
You have my undivided attention...

RE: what's for dinner? - BigMark - 12-02-2015

The BigMark brand melts in your mouth not in your hands.

RE: what's for dinner? - HairOfTheDog - 12-10-2015

It's raining here, which is great.

And, I just ordered Indian food -- chili chicken curry, onion nan, tandoori mix, and Cabernet.

We've got three great Indian joints within a mile of my house, but only one delivers wine. That's not the only reason it's my favorite though.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 12-12-2015

So I just goggled how to cook a pot roast, I already knew the basics but I thought I'd refresh my memory and make sure I had some things right. I get to the end of the instructions and come to this - "Now remove the meat to a cutting board and test it with a fork. See how easily it splits apart? You can literally see the melted connective tissue between the meat." Was that necessary? Seriously? Sumbitch. Now I really don't want to do this.

RE: what's for dinner? - Maggot - 12-12-2015

Damn........that's the best part!!

RE: what's for dinner? - blueberryhill - 12-12-2015

(12-10-2015, 08:58 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: It's raining here, which is great.

And, I just ordered Indian food -- chili chicken curry, onion nan, tandoori mix, and Cabernet.

We've got three great Indian joints within a mile of my house, but only one delivers wine. That's not the only reason it's my favorite though.

Hair,

I envy you being in San Fran with all the outstanding places to eat and such a diversity of food. I am still bitching about lack of German restaurants here in Phoenix....but really, you order wine from a cafe/restaurant......who does that? Why don't u stock your own beverage of choice? You could probably buy 3 bottles of Cabernet for the price you pay to have it delivered....end of lecture.....

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 12-12-2015

Sometimes I order stuff just for convenience and it's worth not having to leave the house. I know you're an old Jew so you can't even comprehend such a thing, Blue. It's ok though, just keep tucking that money away in your mattress.

RE: what's for dinner? - ramseycat - 12-12-2015

We have a delivery service here that goes to a list of different restaurants and delivers to the house. It's not cheap but so worth it.

RE: what's for dinner? - crash - 12-12-2015

I ate dinner at Jamie Oliver's restaurant in Sydney last night for a Christmas function. It was shite. I hate that pommy twat even more now.

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 12-12-2015

I've always thought Jamie Oliver was kind of sexy cute, but I'd forget all about that if I went to his restaurant and it sucked.

I went to Mario Batalli's restaurant in NY and besides for the food not being all that great, the service and atmosphere was even worse. It was to the point of being beyond annoying. The wine list was so extensive that I wanted a recommendation from our waitress, but she spent most of her time in the corner ignoring us so I never did get to order a glass of wine. But there was always this asshole looking over our table and scraping off crumbs and rearranging our forks. I was to the point that if you touch my fork one more goddamn time I'm going to stab it through your hand motherfucker.

(12-12-2015, 05:13 PM)sally Wrote: Sometimes I order stuff just for convenience and it's worth not having to leave the house. I know you're an old Jew so you can't even comprehend such a thing, Blue. It's ok though, just keep tucking that money away in your mattress.

Yah, I understand convenience and not wanting to cook, but who doesn't have a stock of wine in their home? Don't most people keep wine and other assorted booze, beer, etc. in their home.
And for your information, i am not tightwad....I would be rich if I didn't spend money foolishly so there.

I am really disappointed in Mario (he even wears crocs or clogs) while cooking.
On his TV appearances, he looks like the World's expert on authentic Italian food, and I always thought his dishes were so complicated, but would never dream that one of his restaurants is not that good. I would be so disappointed.

I always wondered if Wolfgang Puck's food/restaurants are really as good as they say he is.....

Top Chef is on now and very often, he is one of the guest judges. Top Chef is one of my favorites....

RE: what's for dinner? - HairOfTheDog - 12-13-2015

(12-12-2015, 05:03 PM)blueberryhill Wrote:
(12-10-2015, 08:58 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: It's raining here, which is great.

Hair,

I envy you being in San Fran with all the outstanding places to eat and such a diversity of food. I am still bitching about lack of German restaurants here in Phoenix....but really, you order wine from a cafe/restaurant......who does that? Why don't u stock your own beverage of choice? You could probably buy 3 bottles of Cabernet for the price you pay to have it delivered....end of lecture.....

WELL, I feel duly chastised. Smiley_emoticons_smile

If it makes you feel any better, I had an Irish Coffee at the bar up the street today and a margarita tonight at my niece's favorite Mexican restaurant. I enjoy going out for drinks and food when I have a chance.

But, I don't always have a chance and I don't always have alcohol in the house. If it's raining too hard to walk and I probably won't be able to find parking when I get back, or if I'm just feeling lazy, then it's nice to order delivery. I pay $6 more for the bottle of wine from the Indian place than I would at the store, but I don't mind paying more for the convenience now and again.

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 12-13-2015

(12-12-2015, 11:45 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: I always wondered if Wolfgang Puck's food/restaurants are really as good as they say he is.....

I went to his restaurant at Downtown Disney. We had a wood fired pizza with shrimp and arugula and a butternut squash soup that was excellent, but I can't remember what else we ordered so it probably wasn't anything that blew my socks off.

I also went to Emeril's restaurant twice at Universal studios. The first time was when they first opened up and I'd give it 5 stars, the second time was years later and it was a big disappointment for the money we spent. Everything was changed from the food to the weird seating arrangement.

RE: what's for dinner? - Blindgreed1 - 12-14-2015

I did Italian beef sandwiches last night for the first time in a very long time. I will probably sprinkle that into my crock pot meal rotation more often moving forward.