Mock
what's for dinner? - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SOUP CHICKEN KITCHEN (https://mockforums.net/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: what's for dinner? (/thread-8012.html)

RE: what's for dinner? - BlueTiki - 02-16-2016

Hey, Greed . . .

I'm making a batch of Chile Colorado and was thinking of a joint in your hometown.

A Tucson ADA and a couple of local FBI agents took me there for their "red chile". I wanna say it was El Dorito or something like that.

It was on Park . . . I think . . . and the chile was quite good.

Funky place with murals on the wall.

I was too focused on my "expert" testimony to pay attention to much else.

However, the guy got five years, my client got $67,000 and the other ten seniors got over $250 K between them.

Almost as good as the chile!

The Check, Please! festival is in March.

Think about heading North.

RE: what's for dinner? - Blindgreed1 - 02-16-2016

(02-16-2016, 05:27 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: Hey, Greed . . .

I'm making a batch of Chile Colorado and was thinking of a joint in your hometown.

A Tucson ADA and a couple of local FBI agents took me there for their "red chile". I wanna say it was El Dorito or something like that.

It was on Park . . . I think . . . and the chile was quite good.

Funky place with murals on the wall.

I was too focused on my "expert" testimony to pay attention to much else.

However, the guy got five years, my client got $67,000 and the other ten seniors got over $250 K between them.

Almost as good as the chile!

The Check, Please! festival is in March.

Think about heading North.
El Charro

RE: what's for dinner? - BlueTiki - 02-16-2016

Thanks!

RE: what's for dinner? - Blindgreed1 - 02-16-2016

(02-16-2016, 05:49 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: Thanks!
What festival is in March? The Hatch festival happens in early September.

RE: what's for dinner? - BlueTiki - 02-17-2016

Go to azpbs.org or google "check please festival"

March 20 . . . Downtown Phoenix.

I've been involved with Channel 8 for over 17 years.

It's one of their events.

RE: what's for dinner? - Blindgreed1 - 02-17-2016

(02-17-2016, 12:04 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: Go to azpbs.org or google "check please festival"

March 20 . . . Downtown Phoenix.

I've been involved with Channel 8 for over 17 years.

It's one of their events.
That's a Sunday... Hmmm...

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 02-26-2016

I've been smelling BBQ chicken for 3 fuckin' days now. It's all in my head. Last week it was the smell of pizza dough.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 04-01-2016

No one ate a damn thing for dinner all of March. Woooo.

Sally, what are you making this weekend? I had a ton of leftovers from Easter so I've been pretty much eating salads all week and there is a container of ham for the carnivores. Fuck, I hate to cook but one day, maybe 2, out of the week isn't too bad. *sigh* I'd rather dig a ditch and now it's almost the weekend and I haven't got a clue what to make.

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 04-01-2016

I'm going to Tampa for the weekend so my SIL can visit with her dad one more time before she goes back to Hungary. We'll be eating out the whole time.

I made split pea soup and ham salad with my leftover Easter ham.

RE: what's for dinner? - Blindgreed1 - 04-01-2016

(04-01-2016, 12:04 PM)Duchess Wrote:

No one ate a damn thing for dinner all of March. Woooo.

Sally, what are you making this weekend? I had a ton of leftovers from Easter so I've been pretty much eating salads all week and there is a container of ham for the carnivores. Fuck, I hate to cook but one day, maybe 2, out of the week isn't too bad. *sigh* I'd rather dig a ditch and now it's almost the weekend and I haven't got a clue what to make.
I had bloody Mary's for dinner all of March.

RE: what's for dinner? - Maggot - 04-01-2016

I can only use welches tomato juice in those a little tabasco and Worcestershire. A celery stick is nice but not necessary.

(04-01-2016, 02:14 PM)Maggot Wrote: I can only use welches tomato juice in those a little tabasco and Worcestershire. A celery stick is nice but not necessary.
I go with olives and a pickle spear... Mmmmhhhhmmmm. And don't forget the horse raddish. I use Beavers extra hot. Also, if you make it with Absolute Pepper vodka, it's the fucking shizznit yo.

(04-01-2016, 04:45 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(04-01-2016, 02:14 PM)Maggot Wrote: I can only use welches tomato juice in those a little tabasco and Worcestershire. A celery stick is nice but not necessary.
I go with olives and a pickle spear... Mmmmhhhhmmmm. And don't forget the horse raddish. I use Beavers extra hot. Also, if you make it with Absolute Pepper vodka, it's the fucking shizznit yo.

No horseradish in my bloody Mary's. I always ask if they have it pre- mixed with horseradish and if that's the case I'll skip.

It's not that I don't like horseradish, I do tremendous things with horseradish. Tremendous. I just don't like it in my bloody mary because it reminds more of a shrimp cocktail than something you'd drink.

(04-01-2016, 06:32 PM)sally Wrote:
(04-01-2016, 04:45 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
I go with olives and a pickle spear... Mmmmhhhhmmmm. And don't forget the horse radish. I use Beavers extra hot. Also, if you make it with Absolute Pepper vodka, it's the fucking shizznit yo.

No horseradish in my bloody Mary's. I always ask if they have it pre- mixed with horseradish and if that's the case I'll skip.

It's not that I don't like horseradish, I do tremendous things with horseradish. Tremendous. I just don't like it in my bloody mary because it reminds more of a shrimp cocktail than something you'd drink.
To each their own. I've never confused my drink with an appetizer before. hah

Isn't horseradish cabbage? does it make the drink thick? I've never had it in a bloody Mary but I've heard of it. I'll give it a try someday.

To me when they put horseradish in it, it reminds me of cocktail sauce. It's ok, but I feel like I may as well ordered a lb. of peel and eat shrimp to dip it in.

(04-01-2016, 06:43 PM)Maggot Wrote: Isn't horseradish cabbage? does it make the drink thick? I've never had it in a bloody Mary but I've heard of it. I'll give it a try someday.
hah No. Cabbage is in the same family, but horse radish isn't cabbage. Horse radish is a root. You know, like any other radish.

(04-01-2016, 06:43 PM)Maggot Wrote: Isn't horseradish cabbage? does it make the drink thick? I've never had it in a bloody Mary but I've heard of it. I'll give it a try someday.

You are something fucking else, I tell ya. Something fucking else.

What? I never eat horseradish. I've seen it and think I've eaten it once in my life but if I had a good bloody Mary buzz on would certainly try it.

RE: what's for dinner? - blueberryhill - 04-01-2016

You people up in Maine sure eat funny.........you have never had horseradish, Maggot? I like it in cocktail sauce (for shrimp), but I thought you had to put it on prime rib.......No, you don't?

Also, your choice of tomato juice is perplexing......just showing off big words now.....have you ever tried Mrs. T's Bloody Mary mix.....so good or the V-8 juice spicy flavor is also O.K. Worchest.....sauce, hot sauce of your choice, celery stalk with leaves and three stuffed olives (stuffed with anchovies). salt, pepper.....so you can have this and tell everyone you had salad for lunch or whatever. You can add few sprinkles of basil if you like....
I have also used tiny bit of lemon juice.......to balance flavors......