Mock
what's for dinner? - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SOUP CHICKEN KITCHEN (https://mockforums.net/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: what's for dinner? (/thread-8012.html)

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 04-01-2016

(04-01-2016, 10:07 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: and three stuffed olives (stuffed with anchovies).

I don't like anchovies. What a way to ruin a pizza, that's all you can taste.

I don't mind them if they're incorporated into a sauce or dressing like Caesar salad dressing for example, but to just eat them whole, I can't do it. I think it's one of those tastes you either love or hate.

RE: what's for dinner? - blueberryhill - 04-01-2016

(04-01-2016, 10:39 PM)sally Wrote:
(04-01-2016, 10:07 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: and three stuffed olives (stuffed with anchovies).

I don't like anchovies. What a way to ruin a pizza, that's all you can taste.

I don't mind them if they're incorporated into a sauce or dressing like Caesar salad dressing for example, but to just eat them whole, I can't do it. I think it's one of those tastes you either love or hate.

i don't like anchovies alone either. In fact, I bought them by mistake cause I can never read the labels clearly even with glasses so I come home with all sorts of shit...but the mixture or whatever between olive and anchovie is delish......it is such a small piece. If anyone ever ordered pizza with anchovies and expected me to eat it, forgetta about it......you don't stuff the olives, they come that way....here in Phoenix, it is Basha's store, but think Safeway might carry them, too......

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 04-02-2016

I'm going to try and make macaroni & cheese later today. I'm thinking the only way I can fuck it up is if it's too dry.

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 04-02-2016

If you mix a béchamel sauce into it, it shouldn't be dry. I add a couple of beaten eggs to it and top it with little pats of butter also.

(04-02-2016, 11:35 AM)sally Wrote: béchamel sauce

Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch

I'm only kinda kiddin' with that face ^^^^^. I was talking to my boss about it earlier. She's a great cook and makes wonderful things without a recipe. She told me to cube the velveeta and melt it in a saucepan with milk, when I asked how much milk she told me to just judge. That sorta thing doesn't work for me. I need better directions than that.

RE: what's for dinner? - BigMark - 04-02-2016

How judgemental of you.

RE: what's for dinner? - Maggot - 04-02-2016

Mac & cheese is good stuff. I like to get a bucket of cheese ends and use that it has all kinds of different cheese. Wait...........are you making box velvetta mac & cheese?
I had my butcher cut me a really nice porter house today.

(04-02-2016, 04:39 PM)Maggot Wrote: are you making box velvetta mac & cheese?

No way. I'm making an effort today.

RE: what's for dinner? - blueberryhill - 04-02-2016

(04-02-2016, 05:14 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(04-02-2016, 04:39 PM)Maggot Wrote: are you making box velvetta mac & cheese?

No way. I'm making an effort today.

I have heard of the boxed kind of mac and cheese, but have never used it. I can't imagine using velvetta cheese in this dish.

The old fashioned way my grandmother made it was to put cooked roni in casserole dish. Place pieces or shredded cheese (used to be just cheddar) into roni, mix, add cream almost to top of dish. Add pieces of butter through out dish.....bake uncovered til it looks done......it was nice, creamy, and very stringy, just the way I like it.....

I make it with cheese sauce.....i.e, make white sauce, then add cheese or cheeses of your choice. When thick, add to cooked mac, add more shredded cheese, and add milk, or half and half, or cream to dish...I still use a little butter placed in pieces throughout mac and cheese...Bake uncovered until brown on top (approx 30 to 40 min at 350 degrees)....If you end up having a lot of cheese on top, you may want to cover dish until last 20 minutes or so....

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 04-03-2016

I made it and it was only okay, more meh than yeah, baby. I'd make some changes if I ever make it again.

RE: what's for dinner? - Blindgreed1 - 04-06-2016

Picked up a chopped spinach/kale mixture yesterday. Lil greed protested adamantly that I had ruined her spinach with kale. Then she tried it. Going to need to pick up more of that stuff hah

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 04-27-2016

Some sorry ass steamed shrimp and veggies with a squeeze of lemon.

I could devour a ham and swiss on rye with extra mayo right now.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 04-28-2016

What's wrong with steamed shrimp? I love some shrimps. Nom Nom Nom.

I'm thinking about your kickass pizza oven. Have you used it lately?

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 04-28-2016

Nothing until you've been eating completely healthy for a month. Then a burger and fries make steamed shrimp look like shit.

I used the pizza oven when my SIL was here. I have a pretty good pizza dough recipe now, but I think it would be a lot better if I order the Italian "00" flour which you can't find in the grocery store.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 04-28-2016

Yeah, well, stop it. Not enjoying any carbs has made you exceeding quiet...

...and probably a little crabby too.

RE: what's for dinner? - Blindgreed1 - 04-28-2016

I had filet mignon with home made scalloped potatoes and baby brussel sprouts (steamed with a light coating of olive oil and salt and pepper). As soon as I finished it occurred to me that using bacon and bacon grease on the sprouts with salt and pepper would have put the dish over the top. Next time.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 04-29-2016

I might eat some red meat like a savage. Blood on my plate. My teeth ripping through charred flesh.

There. That thought passed. That's the way it always goes.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 05-14-2016

Red beans & rice and fresh, steamed asparagus, Nom Nom Nom and a barnyard sacrifice but I'm passing on that.

RE: what's for dinner? - Blindgreed1 - 05-16-2016

(05-14-2016, 04:50 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Red beans & rice and fresh, steamed asparagus, Nom Nom Nom and a barnyard sacrifice but I'm passing on that.
What was the sacrifice of? I assume it was to the under lord.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 05-16-2016

Yard bird, grilled yard bird.