Mock
what's for dinner? - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SOUP CHICKEN KITCHEN (https://mockforums.net/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: what's for dinner? (/thread-8012.html)

RE: what's for dinner? - Blindgreed1 - 05-16-2016

(05-16-2016, 05:13 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Yard bird, grilled yard bird.
I love me some grilled chicken. Been on a hickory smoke kick lately. I brine the chicken for about 12 hours before smoking it and smoke it for about 2 hours at around 225. Then lightly brush with BBQ sauce and let it caramelize... I'm aroused now. hah

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 06-13-2016

Pasta salad with broccoli & cucumber. An ear of corn that I ate like a savage, down one side & up the other. Nom Nom Nom

...and an oreo.

RE: what's for dinner? - Maggot - 06-13-2016

Deer meat/Italian sausage meatloaf with tomato, peppers, onions garden scallions and shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese.

RE: what's for dinner? - Maggot - 06-26-2016

Manicotti with all kinds of cheese, sauce and sausage.

RE: what's for dinner? - BigMark - 06-26-2016

Are you a male?

RE: what's for dinner? - OnBendedKnee - 06-26-2016

(06-26-2016, 09:13 PM)BigMark Wrote: Are you a male?

You're going to need to be more specific.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 07-06-2016

Fresh tomatoes, cucumbers and yellow squash. It tasted like summer.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 08-01-2016

I made spaghetti sauce and it's been simmering most of the day. It's one of only a few things I do well. Probably because it's basically hands off. 78

RE: what's for dinner? - Maggot - 08-01-2016

Both hands? [/b]

RE: what's for dinner? - Clang McFly - 08-01-2016

(08-01-2016, 03:06 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I made spaghetti sauce and it's been simmering most of the day. It's one of only a few things I do well. Probably because it's basically hands off. 78

Cooking pork roasts is one of the few things I do well. Back when mom was alive and I cooked for the family, my sister in law actually said she'd only eat the pork roast if I cooked it.

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 08-01-2016

(08-01-2016, 08:35 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Cooking pork roasts is one of the few things I do well. Back when mom was alive and I cooked for the family, my sister in law actually said she'd only eat the pork roast if I cooked it.

How do you cook it? Mine always come out meh.

Pork chops and gravy on the other hand, I can cook that better than an old black woman from the deep south.

(08-01-2016, 08:49 PM)sally Wrote:
(08-01-2016, 08:35 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Cooking pork roasts is one of the few things I do well. Back when mom was alive and I cooked for the family, my sister in law actually said she'd only eat the pork roast if I cooked it.

How do you cook it? Mine always come out meh.

Pork chops and gravy on the other hand, I can cook that better than an old black woman from the deep south.

Wish I could remember. My cooking skills haven't been used in years and head is all filled with song lyrics and DMV Title learnin'. I remember it came out really moist and tender. I can't remember what spices and stuff I added or how long I cooked it in the oven.

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 08-01-2016

Thank you, that was very helpful.

Sorry. Genuine, non backhanded compliments were fewer and far between back then so naturally I remember the food compliment more than the actual cooking of the food.

RE: what's for dinner? - BigMark - 08-01-2016

Did you hear that Duchess? MOIST!

(08-01-2016, 10:20 PM)BigMark Wrote: Did you hear that Duchess? MOIST!

Also I was doing the cooking in my POOP stained UNDERPANTS.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 08-02-2016

(08-01-2016, 10:20 PM)BigMark Wrote: Did you hear that Duchess? MOIST!

Yaaasssss. Had I been here when you posted that I would have told you it's only a matter of time before posts about underpants and poop too.

RE: what's for dinner? - Donovan - 08-02-2016

I cooked a pork roast in one of those oven turkey bags with a bunch of whole potatoes, onions and carrots and some pre-made pork spice mix, and it came out fantastic. I think IIRC the only thing I had to do was cut the bag away and hit the broiler for a couple minutes at the very end to brown the top. Juicy as hell that way.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 08-02-2016

(08-02-2016, 10:19 AM)Donovan Wrote: pre-made pork spice mix,

Is this something you purchased or your own creation? I'm always looking for ways to make things tasty and throwing everything in a bag and leaving it alone for hours is right up my alley.

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 08-13-2016

The Fat Kraut

Brown your choice of sausage in a little bit of canola oil in a large pan. Bratwurst, Kielbasa or Italian works best.

Once nicely browned throw in a sliced green pepper, sliced yellow onion, a jar of drained hot/ sweet banana peppers, jar of drained roasted red peppers sliced, 1 tsp. of beef bouillon, 14 oz. bag of shredded cabbage and a bottle of beer. Let simmer about 10 minutes or until everything softens and marries and the beer reduces slightly.

Mix 1 12 tsp. cornstarch, 14 cup cider vinegar, 1 Tbsp. honey, 1 tsp. Dijon mustard, 14 tsp. salt and 14 tsp. pepper. Add to sausage and pepper mixture and cook until slightly thickened. Serve on rolls or over mashed potatoes.