Mock
Mickey Shunick, murdered. 22, La. vanished riding her bike - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: Mickey Shunick, murdered. 22, La. vanished riding her bike (/thread-8032.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - shitstorm - 05-30-2012

(05-30-2012, 02:14 PM)IMaDick Wrote: I flew over the area in my vitual airplane, it won't be easy to find anything there.

I've come to the conclusion that it's not easy to find anything, anywhere. The Mickey's bike was found was due to the fact that he dumped it where fishermen are around. If it had been dumped even a few feet into the woods, it probably wouldn't have been found.

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - Miss Conspiracy - 05-30-2012

(05-30-2012, 02:20 PM)shitstorm Wrote:
(05-30-2012, 01:58 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: well i will be a lot more comfortable when LE says he has been eliminated as a possible person of interest. and that he passed a poly. Smiley_emoticons_smile

They did say that there was no reason to believe Brettly had anything to do with Mickey's disappearance. Also said he took a poly but don't talk about it with the public.

I read that the owner of the white pick up in the Spierer case came forward on his own and was eliminated.

Re Mickey's bike being taken: If her abductor(s) hit her bike, could have been as simple as not wanting to leave that evidence lying there. It also bought the perp(s) more time with nobody finding a damaged bike and no rider. If there were two perps involved, it would have been that much faster.

100% agree with you. I think the bike was hit, which is why the perp picked it up to remove any evidence left on it. Even if he only snatched her up, disposing the bike somewhere bought him some time. This guy is long gone..and he took mickey with him, possibly out of that town. Btw interesting that the last vehicle in question is the one going in the same direction as Mickey.

I really wish that bloodhounds would be taken down to Mickey's last known location. Where ever she was knocked off her bike, the dogs would smell it. At least that would give the point of abduction.

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - Red_velvet71 - 05-30-2012

Got it. Thanks Smiley_emoticons_smile

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - NightOwl - 05-30-2012

Shitstorm, any idea what type of car Brettly drives?

When I visit friends in Cleveland my phone is on driving home and I always text my friends to let them know I'm home safe. I'm wondering why Brettly didn't text Mickey to make sure she got home safe it was 2 a.m.

Glad they ruled out 2 vehicles, I'm seeing white trucks everywhere just driving to the market, it's a popular colour with guys.

I don't think her bike was thrown from the highway above she had a head lamp on her bike all of that type of thing would have been smashed to smithereens. Where is her back pack? strange it was not found by the bike.
I read the water table at the boat ramp had gone down some and this is why part of the bike was visible when the fishermen found it. That bike could have been there the night she went missing .

I have to agree with lady cop if this freak just wanted Mickey why burden himself down with a bike.

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - koko - 05-30-2012

Shitstorm--
In regards to your wondering about mickey's mom not being alarmed that she wasn't home in the morning: maybe mickey would crash at a friends house occasionally if she stayed there until late at night and come back the next day. Obviously that's not the case but maybe that's what her mom was thinking? Just an idea.

My personal opinion on brettly is that he probably is not involved. He reminds me of some fellas i went to art school with, one of those kind of hipsters. I'd be shocked if it turned out he had something to do with mickey's disappearance

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - ZEROSPHERES - 05-30-2012

The bike could have had something attached to it that the perp could save as a souvenir and later relive the crime and get his jollies. Or it could be a crime of opportunity where he took the bike to a secluded place to go through a backpack that was attached to the bike.

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - Lady Cop - 05-30-2012

i'm glad to know TES is still there.

katc
Volunteer searches were suspended today and will resume tomorrow morning. Texas Equusearch Mounted Search and Recovery and law enforcement are searching previously searched areas trying to determine if they can retrace those areas using ATVs and horses.

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - NightOwl - 05-30-2012

Shitstorm found out Mickey and Brettly were going to New Orleans to be roommates, wonder why? New Orleans is a long way from Lafayette.
Was it just for the summer or what? I thought she enjoyed the horse farm and teaching little kids how to ride etc.

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - chaze77 - 05-30-2012

Are we allowed to post things we find on other sites, speculating on a certain someone's guilt or innocence? I was googling some things and came across a forum that has some interesting things being said. It isn't MSM, so I don't know if I'm allowed to post or link to it.

(05-30-2012, 06:18 PM)chaze77 Wrote: Are we allowed to post things we find on other sites, speculating on a certain someone's guilt or innocence? I was googling some things and came across a forum that has some interesting things being said. It isn't MSM, so I don't know if I'm allowed to post or link to it.

i don't care for items from other forums like WS or JQ. i have had my posts taken, and i don't like that, so i rather not take their opinions and posts over here.
i don't mind facebook, it doesn't have to be mainstream media. i just don't like importing other peoples' posts. it's like plagiarizing to me.

if it's a site i think has no credibility, i'll say that, but you can cite it if you wish. if they are full of shit i'll say so. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

as stated in crime forum rules, give some sort of attribution or a link.

There was a person on another forum acting as if she had personal knowledge of this case, naming Brettly as a prime suspect. She lists several reasons he's a suspect, but when I tried to verify any of them, I can't. She states, for example, that search dogs lost Mickey's scent at the edge of Brettly's driveway... can anyone confirm whether or not this is true? In addition, the person states that Brettly was crazy in love with Mickey, completely obsessed with her, etc.

On my own, I wonder if Mickey generally texted friends to let them know she'd made it to her destination safely. It isn't unheard of for me to be out and about by myself late at night, but generally, I let someone know where I am, and when I arrive home. Was she in that habit?

Also, what made LE so certain it was Mickey they saw on the surveillance video that night? I'm not saying it wasn't her, I'm just wondering what crystallized it for everyone. Is it even remotely possible that it was someone else? I read somewhere that the surveillance video did not contain a time stamp, so no one was 100% sure what time the person on the biked was video-taped. Who else was at Brettly's house that night prior to Mickey leaving? I've heard him reference other "friends" present, but who are they?

see, there's an example...you paraphrased what someone else was saying. that's fine too.

but i know from years of doing a crime forum that there are people who will always try to insert themselves into cases, make themselves appear privy to inside info, blah blah.

take them with a whole shaker of salt.

there are members here at Mock who ARE privy to certain cases, but i keep their identities and information to myself.

I'm not privy to a damn thing on this case, unfortunately, which is making me crazy. I wish we had more information. Oh well, back to digging.

in the dark? something's up.

can't stay up all night, maybe will wake up to news.

[Image: 600857_396566067049566_175435545829287_1...0417_n.jpg]

KLFY TV10 Acadiana's News Leader
53 seconds ago
Mickey Shunick UPDATE: Here is a look at the search area at Whiskey Bay. It's hard to see but police are back in the area and according to Cpl. Paul Mouton they are conducting a second search because potential evidence has possibly been found.

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - HellNurse - 05-30-2012

That looks like bad news.

I wonder if Brettly's tires match the tire prints near where they found Mickey's bike. Why were the volunteer searches indefinitely suspended?

This is Brettly speaking on the Nancy Grace show.
"In addition to her graduation (ph), me and Mickey had planned on going out earlier that day before and videotaping her doing some riding on a horse she was trying to sell. So she had really just been ready to get to bed at that point." http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1205/24/ng.01.html

Why wasn’t Brettly worried about why Mickey hadn’t contacted him Saturday morning? Is he some type of eunuch? He let a petite attractive women leave his home at 2 am and he doesn’t worry at all when she doesn’t contact him for their horse videotaping event the following morning? WTF?

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - HellNurse - 05-30-2012

She was not found this evening. Dive teams were out at Whiskey Bay.
http://www.klfy.com/story/18661757/whiskey-bay

even if they did find a body tonight, they'd call out the ME, have the body IDed, and also tell the family before they told the public. now i really am going to bed! 32

(05-30-2012, 10:28 PM)HellNurse Wrote: Why wasn’t Brettly worried about why Mickey hadn’t contacted him Saturday morning? Is he some type of eunuch? He let a petite attractive women leave his home at 2 am and he doesn’t worry at all when she doesn’t contact him for their horse videotaping event the following morning? WTF?

FFS, Nurse. As far as he knew, she went home and on Saturday was her brother's graduation. Why would she check in with any friends? The only ones who knew that anything was amiss were her family. Her friends didn't get word until late in the afternoon. Her father was offshore, on a rig, and her own mother didn't even tell him when they spoke on the phone. It was sometime later that they notified him by email and he flew back. None of these people sound like the types to get alarmed easily.

This resumed search out at Whiskey Bay sounds bad.

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - Miss Conspiracy - 05-30-2012

(05-30-2012, 07:00 PM)chaze77 Wrote: There was a person on another forum acting as if she had personal knowledge of this case, naming Brettly as a prime suspect. She lists several reasons he's a suspect, but when I tried to verify any of them, I can't. She states, for example, that search dogs lost Mickey's scent at the edge of Brettly's driveway... can anyone confirm whether or not this is true? In addition, the person states that Brettly was crazy in love with Mickey, completely obsessed with her, etc.

On my own, I wonder if Mickey generally texted friends to let them know she'd made it to her destination safely. It isn't unheard of for me to be out and about by myself late at night, but generally, I let someone know where I am, and when I arrive home. Was she in that habit?

Also, what made LE so certain it was Mickey they saw on the surveillance video that night? I'm not saying it wasn't her, I'm just wondering what crystallized it for everyone. Is it even remotely possible that it was someone else? I read somewhere that the surveillance video did not contain a time stamp, so no one was 100% sure what time the person on the biked was video-taped. Who else was at Brettly's house that night prior to Mickey leaving? I've heard him reference other "friends" present, but who are they?

Sounds like BS from a person that likes to act like they're involved.
If it was a different person I'm sure they would have stepped up by now, or someone would have said SOMETHING. "Hey, I was riding my bike that night too." Another bike rider going around at night would be a local who would be living under a rock if they hadn't heard this story yet and spoken up.

the scent stopping at brettly's driveway somewhat makes sense. At his driveway she probably was still touching the ground there, walking, might have stalled a bit.. before getting fully on the bike and riding off (by the end of the driveway no part of her body is touching the ground, her scent is just airborne by then). Mickey was recorded riding her bike down streets further down.. as much as that person wants to act like they know things, pretty sure that person was Mickey and not another random person riding their bike down the same route at 2 a.m.