Mock
Mickey Shunick, murdered. 22, La. vanished riding her bike - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: Mickey Shunick, murdered. 22, La. vanished riding her bike (/thread-8032.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - HellNurse - 05-30-2012

(05-30-2012, 11:20 PM)shitstorm Wrote:
(05-30-2012, 10:28 PM)HellNurse Wrote: Why wasn’t Brettly worried about why Mickey hadn’t contacted him Saturday morning? Is he some type of eunuch? He let a petite attractive women leave his home at 2 am and he doesn’t worry at all when she doesn’t contact him for their horse videotaping event the following morning? WTF?

FFS, Nurse. As far as he knew, she went home and on Saturday was her brother's graduation. Why would she check in with any friends? The only ones who knew that anything was amiss were her family. Her friends didn't get word until late in the afternoon. Her father was offshore, on a rig, and her own mother didn't even tell him when they spoke on the phone. It was sometime later that they notified him by email and he flew back. None of these people sound like the types to get alarmed easily.

This resumed search out at Whiskey Bay sounds bad.
On the Nancy Grace link (cnn) that I posted there is a statement by Brettly that he and Mickey had planned to go videotape her horse that was for sale on the following morning (before her lil bro's graduation). I think it is bizarre that he wasn't he worried when she didn't contact him or show up for their planned event after she left his house at 1:30 am or so.

(05-30-2012, 11:21 PM)Miss Conspiracy Wrote:
(05-30-2012, 07:00 PM)chaze77 Wrote: There was a person on another forum acting as if she had personal knowledge of this case, naming Brettly as a prime suspect. She lists several reasons he's a suspect, but when I tried to verify any of them, I can't. She states, for example, that search dogs lost Mickey's scent at the edge of Brettly's driveway... can anyone confirm whether or not this is true? In addition, the person states that Brettly was crazy in love with Mickey, completely obsessed with her, etc.

On my own, I wonder if Mickey generally texted friends to let them know she'd made it to her destination safely. It isn't unheard of for me to be out and about by myself late at night, but generally, I let someone know where I am, and when I arrive home. Was she in that habit?

Also, what made LE so certain it was Mickey they saw on the surveillance video that night? I'm not saying it wasn't her, I'm just wondering what crystallized it for everyone. Is it even remotely possible that it was someone else? I read somewhere that the surveillance video did not contain a time stamp, so no one was 100% sure what time the person on the biked was video-taped. Who else was at Brettly's house that night prior to Mickey leaving? I've heard him reference other "friends" present, but who are they?

Sounds like BS from a person that likes to act like they're involved.
If it was a different person I'm sure they would have stepped up by now, or someone would have said SOMETHING. "Hey, I was riding my bike that night too." Another bike rider going around at night would be a local who would be living under a rock if they hadn't heard this story yet and spoken up.

the scent stopping at brettly's driveway somewhat makes sense. At his driveway she probably was still touching the ground there, walking, might have stalled a bit.. before getting fully on the bike and riding off (by the end of the driveway no part of her body is touching the ground, her scent is just airborne by then). Mickey was recorded riding her bike down streets further down.. as much as that person wants to act like they know things, pretty sure that person was Mickey and not another random person riding their bike down the same route at 2 a.m.
Scent dogs track people by picking up the smell of the thousands of skin cells that fall off the body every day. Therefore, scent dogs should be able to track someone riding a bike. Do I know this for a fact? Hell no, but I'll go look for some info.

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - shitstorm - 05-30-2012

(05-30-2012, 04:23 PM)NightOwl Wrote: Shitstorm, any idea what type of car Brettly drives?

When I visit friends in Cleveland my phone is on driving home and I always text my friends to let them know I'm home safe. I'm wondering why Brettly didn't text Mickey to make sure she got home safe it was 2 a.m.

No, Owl, I don't know what he drives. Just know the cops searched it.

You'd be surprised how many people, especially young people, don't check with each other to make sure someone arrived safely. Kids assume it's a good world and don't worry about like we do. What a sorry way for Mickey's friend to learn that the world is not such a friendly place.

(05-30-2012, 04:34 PM)koko Wrote: Shitstorm--
In regards to your wondering about mickey's mom not being alarmed that she wasn't home in the morning: maybe mickey would crash at a friends house occasionally if she stayed there until late at night and come back the next day. Obviously that's not the case but maybe that's what her mom was thinking? Just an idea.

Right after she disappeared, Brettly made the statement on TV that she wasn't in the habit of staying over at friends houses. I know she has a bunch of pets (pig, two dogs, and some other critters) so that may be why. Since Saturday was her brother's graduation, it would seem like her mother would have wondered where Mickey was, BEFORE graduation. Seems like she would have expected to see Mickey and getting ready. I can't figure that part out.

(05-30-2012, 06:09 PM)NightOwl Wrote: Shitstorm found out Mickey and Brettly were going to New Orleans to be roommates, wonder why? New Orleans is a long way from Lafayette.
Was it just for the summer or what? I thought she enjoyed the horse farm and teaching little kids how to ride etc.

Her friend Ashley (I think that's her name) talked about it on the news, as did Brettly. Brettly said they had plans to go and look at places this summer. Could be they planned to move after graduation (this year or next, dunno). If you live in Lafayette and your a kid, New Orleans is probably a place that lots of kids want to move. More exciting, music scene, maybe potential jobs, etc. Mickey's sister, Charlie, moved to Dallas. When I was that age, I wanted to move away and find new adventures.

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - Miss Conspiracy - 05-30-2012

(05-30-2012, 11:29 PM)HellNurse Wrote:
(05-30-2012, 10:28 PM)HellNurse Wrote: Why wasn’t Brettly worried about why Mickey hadn’t contacted him Saturday morning? Is he some type of eunuch? He let a petite attractive women leave his home at 2 am and he doesn’t worry at all when she doesn’t contact him for their horse videotaping event the following morning? WTF?

FFS, Nurse. As far as he knew, she went home and on Saturday was her brother's graduation. Why would she check in with any friends? The only ones who knew that anything was amiss were her family. Her friends didn't get word until late in the afternoon. Her father was offshore, on a rig, and her own mother didn't even tell him when they spoke on the phone. It was sometime later that they notified him by email and he flew back. None of these people sound like the types to get alarmed easily.

On the Nancy Grace link (cnn) that I posted there is a statement by Brettly that he and Mickey had planned to go videotape her horse that was for sale on the following morning (before her lil bro's graduation). I think it is bizarre that he wasn't he worried when she didn't contact him or show up for their planned event after she left his house at 1:30 am or so.

Not everyone checks in with their friends to let them know they arrive places. I know I don't, and a lot of people I know do not. anyway, on Saturday he might have just been waiting for her to contact him. she did go home late after all, maybe he thought she was sleeping in and didn't want to disturb her? And it was her horse she wanted to sell, so really this is her thing not his.. He probably was just waiting on her go.

Here is somebody talking about tracking dogs following someone on a bike.
http://www.scentevidencecanines.com/missinglink3.htm

Yes, that's odd. Dunno the exact time that Charlie called Brettly asking if he knew where Mickey was and even that call was pretty casual.

In reply to post stating that Brettly was just waiting on Mickey's go....

I hope so or else he is looking sketchy.

(05-30-2012, 11:39 PM)shitstorm Wrote:

Yes, that's odd. Dunno the exact time that Charlie called Brettly asking if he knew where Mickey was and even that call was pretty casual.
Mickey's sister was the one to call Brettly (after she got his name from Charlie who said Brettly was the last person to see Mickey). This occurred before the police were called at 5 pm.

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - Miss Conspiracy - 05-30-2012

(05-30-2012, 11:39 PM)HellNurse Wrote: Here is somebody talking about tracking dogs following someone on a bike.

ah ok that is good to know. it was just me speculating, however, the information about the trail going cold at Brettly's driveway was just from someone on another message board right? that is not a confirmed thing as far as I'm aware...

and there is no denying Mickey was riding her bike past his driveway. I wonder if the dogs picked up her scent at the same places where she was captured on camera.

when is the bloody forensics team going to come out with their findings! I'm so anxious to know lol

Nurse, we know that Mickey was seen on two surveillance cams so she did leave brettly's and got as far as St Landrey and W University. That's the area that should have combed with bloodhounds and I haven't heard anything indicating that it was. And, that IS Mickey on those videos. You can see her blond hair and the lights on her bike (which was very lit up).

(05-30-2012, 11:45 PM)Miss Conspiracy Wrote:
(05-30-2012, 11:39 PM)HellNurse Wrote: Here is somebody talking about tracking dogs following someone on a bike.

ah ok that is good to know. it was just me speculating, however, the information about the trail going cold at Brettly's driveway was just from someone on another message board right? that is not a confirmed thing as far as I'm aware...

and there is no denying Mickey was riding her bike past his driveway. I wonder if the dogs picked up her scent at the same places where she was captured on camera.

when is the bloody forensics team going to come out with their findings! I'm so anxious to know lol
That is a really interesting thought. If tracking dogs can track people on bikes, why didn't the tracking dogs follow Mickey to where she disappeared off her bike? I never read that tracking dogs were brought to Brettly's house or anywhere else. The trail might have been stomped on and ridden over by too many people and the dogs couldn't track because of that.

(05-30-2012, 11:45 PM)shitstorm Wrote: Nurse, we know that Mickey was seen on two surveillance cams so she did leave brettly's and got as far as St Landrey and W University. That's the area that should have combed with bloodhounds and I haven't heard anything indicating that it was. And, that IS Mickey on those videos. You can see her blond hair and the lights on her bike (which was very lit up).
I read that it was Mickey on the bike surveillance tapes, but Brettly could have followed her away from his home. It is also possible that some random evil btard grabbed her.

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - shitstorm - 05-31-2012

(05-30-2012, 11:43 PM)HellNurse Wrote:
(05-30-2012, 11:39 PM)shitstorm Wrote:

Mickey's sister was the one to call Brettly (after she got his name from Charlie who said Brettly was the last person to see Mickey). This occurred before the police were called at 5 pm.

Charlie IS Mickey's sister. Her name is Charlene.

To send divers into alligator infested waters at night (!!!) must mean they have serious reason to believe that something is in that water.

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - ZEROSPHERES - 05-31-2012

[Image: jyfjlyf.jpg]

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - Teacher - 05-31-2012

Has it occurred to anyone that Brettly's new girlfriend could possibly be involved in this? Jealousy since it's stated above that Brettly really liked/loved Mickey?

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - NightOwl - 05-31-2012

Did anyone see this picture any where before? looking closer its a snake draped around Mickey's neck, anyone know what kind of snake? I know she owned 2 dogs and a pet pig.

Picture from Huffington Post Newspaper
[Image: r-MICKEY2-large570.jpg]

(05-31-2012, 03:43 AM)Teacher Wrote: Has it occurred to anyone that Brettly's new girlfriend could possibly be involved in this? Jealousy since it's stated above that Brettly really liked/loved Mickey?

That actually DID cross my mind, at the very beginning, for about one minute. Just where you consider everyone. I highly doubt it, though. Dunno why I say that because anything is possible. I just auto lean toward stranger psycho in cases like this.

(05-31-2012, 03:54 AM)NightOwl Wrote: Did anyone see this picture any where before? looking closer its a snake draped around Mickey's neck, anyone know what kind of snake? I know she owned 2 dogs and a pet pig.

Picture from Huffington Post Newspaper
[Image: r-MICKEY2-large570.jpg]

I saw a larger version of that. I don't know snakes but I would bet it's a boa constrictor.

Zero, those photos are GREAT! Did you enhance them in some way besides blowing them up?

The same vehicles are at the gas station in both pics but that's all I know.

ZERO, can you enhance the other pic of a white truck by the Circle K (the one facing the opposite direction) as well?

Edit for pic link: http://www.findmickeynow.com/mickey2.jpeg

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - ZEROSPHERES - 05-31-2012

Hope this is it

[Image: GHDFZ.jpg]