Mock
Mickey Shunick, murdered. 22, La. vanished riding her bike - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: Mickey Shunick, murdered. 22, La. vanished riding her bike (/thread-8032.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - shitstorm - 05-31-2012

ZERO, is that the traffic cam? If so, I heard JVM say that they don't record, only live stream to show accidents and traffic jams.

Lafayette Police Chief Jim Craft, though he offered no details, confirms a tip The Independent received that detectives investigating the disappearance of UL student Mickey Shunick have interviewed 19-year-old Rocky James Mcgee in connection with the case.

http://www.theind.com/news/10633-police-confirm-rocky-mcgee-interviewed-in-shunick-case

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - ZEROSPHERES - 05-31-2012

SS, If that's the case then a promise made to address the concerns of the area being used again as a dumping ground aren't being met. My understanding is a monitoring system (camera) was placed on or under the bridge for safety.

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - Jezreel - 05-31-2012

(05-31-2012, 09:16 PM)shitstorm Wrote: Lafayette Police Chief Jim Craft, though he offered no details, confirms a tip The Independent received that detectives investigating the disappearance of UL student Mickey Shunick have interviewed 19-year-old Rocky James Mcgee in connection with the case.

http://www.theind.com/news/10633-police-confirm-rocky-mcgee-interviewed-in-shunick-case

I wonder if he is the driver of the other white truck?

I was on GLP Tuesday night when a poster posted about this Rocky guy, along with a location to check out on Courville Rd:

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16540421

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1875746/pg26

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - ZEROSPHERES - 05-31-2012

[Image: fbvasdfg.jpg]

A. Lafayette, LA

B. Nursery Hwy, Breaux Bridge, LA 70517

C. I-10 E Bridge Where Bike was found

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - NightOwl - 05-31-2012

Shitstorm, what time on Saturday did Brettly find out Mickey was missing?

Was something wrong with Brettly's phone? did he have his phone shut off?
all Friday night and most of Saturday?

Thanks!

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - NightOwl - 05-31-2012

(05-31-2012, 09:57 PM)ZEROSPHERES Wrote: [Image: fbvasdfg.jpg]

A. Lafayette, LA

B. Nursery Hwy, Breaux Bridge, LA 70517

C. I-10 E Bridge Where Bike was found

Good job with the map ZEROSPHERES! I just hope it isn't a witch hunt!

Person/persons in white truck maybe 2 a.m. approximately in Lafayette, 3 more hours it's 5 a.m. and dawn. This baffles me somewhat how do you do all this, make sure enough fuel in truck to get to Whiskey Bay, load up girls bike and back pack, load up girl, drive to Bay exit dump bike in water, where is the girl? now whatever with the poor girl and fly back to Nursery Hwy? Imagine if they had been drinking.

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - shitstorm - 06-01-2012

(05-31-2012, 10:35 PM)NightOwl Wrote: Shitstorm, what time on Saturday did Brettly find out Mickey was missing?

Thanks!

I don't know, Owl. I seem to recall that Charlie, Mickey's sister called him on Saturday afternoon and asked if Mickey was at the bar.

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - Eileen730 - 06-01-2012

Good Morning All!

Newbee here!

Why did this guy (BW) let Micky ride her bike home alone and not call her to make sure she got home safely!

Some great friend!

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - JsMom - 06-01-2012

Eileen, welcome Hibye
You might want to read the whole thread; That has been discussed.

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - NightOwl - 06-01-2012

(06-01-2012, 04:30 AM)shitstorm Wrote:
(05-31-2012, 10:35 PM)NightOwl Wrote: Shitstorm, what time on Saturday did Brettly find out Mickey was missing?

Thanks!

I don't know, Owl. I seem to recall that Charlie, Mickey's sister called him on Saturday afternoon and asked if Mickey was at the bar.

Merci beaucoup, I was reading in one newspaper Atmosphere this Bar also had a Hookah Lounge there hah

(06-01-2012, 09:31 AM)Eileen730 Wrote: Good Morning All!

Newbee here!

Why did this guy (BW) let Micky ride her bike home alone and not call her to make sure she got home safely!

Some great friend!

Good afternoon & welcome!

I've got to agree with you! at least text or call just to verify your home is a good idea now-a-days.

Oh ok Sorry about that!

I skimmed it but i guess i missed that one!

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - Kip - 06-01-2012

I agree it's a good idea to verify you've made it to your destination if you're alone. But, realistically, I don' think it would have made any difference in this case. If I had been Brettly, I would have started getting nervous about 10 min after I expected Mickey to call. I'd call her. When she didn't answer, I'd think she probably just didn't hear the phone ring. After another 10 min, I'd call again, and wtih no response would drive possible routes she would have taken looking for her. Not finding her, I'd call other friends to see if they had heard from her. I'd be hesitant to call her family or LE a that point. What if she had a boyfriend she hadn't told me about and was visiting him and had her phone turned off?

Even if Brettly had notified LE 10 min after Mickey should have arrived home, they wouldn't have treated it as an abduction a that point. Even if they had, the perp and Mickey were likely out of town by that point.

I would have kept her on the phone talking to her till she made it home! Pretty girl alone on a bike at 1 30 am!
Sad we think it wont happen to us!

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - HellNurse - 06-01-2012

Thanks!

Brettly said his phone died while he and Mickey were at Taco Bell. He didn't give an explanation of what the word "died meant. I remain worried about why Brettly didn't go looking for Mickey on the following morning when he and Mickey were supposed to videotape her horse that was for sale.

Mickey's family called the police around 5 pm, so her sister called Brettly before this. Was Mickey's sister joking about Mickey missing her little brother's graduation because she was in a bar or does Mickey normally drink heavily and go to bars on Saturday afternoons?

(06-01-2012, 06:02 PM)HellNurse Wrote:

Thanks!

Brettly said his phone died while he and Mickey were at Taco Bell. He didn't give an explanation of what the word "died meant. I remain worried about why Brettly didn't go looking for Mickey on the following morning when he and Mickey were supposed to videotape her horse that was for sale.

Mickey's family called the police around 5 pm, so her sister called Brettly before this. Was Mickey's sister joking about Mickey missing her little brother's graduation because she was in a bar or does Mickey normally drink heavily and go to bars on Saturday afternoons?

Thanks HellNurse for this information above! This is the first I heard Brettly was to meet up with Mickey so this is all very strange and doesn't add up does it. It does sound like they are a fairly close knit family,didn't they think it was very strange Mickey didn't make her brother's graduation.

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - HellNurse - 06-01-2012

(06-01-2012, 09:13 PM)NightOwl Wrote:
(06-01-2012, 06:02 PM)HellNurse Wrote:

all Friday night and most of Saturday? The dad had been called out to the urgent problem Saturday morning around 2:30 am.

Thanks!

Thanks HellNurse for this information above! This is the first I heard Brettly was to meet up with Mickey so this is all very strange and doesn't add up does it. It does sound like they are a fairly close knit family,didn't they think it was very strange Mickey didn't make her brother's graduation.
They were worried. The dad was contacted about her absence that Saturday morning at the offshore rig where he was working on an urgent oil rig problem. The dad had been called out to the urgent problem Saturday morning around 2:30 am.

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - Kip - 06-01-2012

(06-01-2012, 05:33 PM)Eileen730 Wrote: I would have kept her on the phone talking to her till she made it home! Pretty girl alone on a bike at 1 30 am!
Sad we think it wont happen to us!

Unfortunately, even that doesn't always help. Abductions can happen very quickly. Kristi Cornwell was out walking after dinner and talking to her boyfriend on her cell when she was abducted. Dru Sjodin was talking on her cell to her boyfriend as she was going to her car in a mall parking lot when she was taken.

Even if Mickey had been talking to Brettly, it likely wouldn't have helped if she was taken by surprise (if a vehicle rammed her or swerved into her). The only thing that would have helped, IMO, is if she was on the phone as was able to give a license #.