Mock
Mickey Shunick, murdered. 22, La. vanished riding her bike - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: Mickey Shunick, murdered. 22, La. vanished riding her bike (/thread-8032.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - shitstorm - 07-08-2012

(07-06-2012, 11:52 PM)NightOwl Wrote: Brandon and his mother a 2010 picture.

[Image: 34432_167209356638669_801053_n.jpg]

Unlike with the Johhny & Lisa case, here we see a dangerous and deranged predator who not only looks like a regular guy but is pretty nice looking. Not a deadbeat, either, because working on a rig pays good money. Dunno if he had that charm that so many sociopaths have, but I can see him having no trouble meeting females. SCARY. Wonder if he ever killed any women he dated or if just picked strangers.

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - shitstorm - 07-09-2012

(07-06-2012, 02:08 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: presser now

stream is terrible, cuts out. god damn it! i missed half of it. fuckers!

Lavergne is not cooperating with police.
he was arrested on an unrelated warrant during a traffic stop. they do not have a body.
truck found burned in texas.

Verbatim from LPD news conference in Mickey Shunick case

07/06/2012 02:42 PM by Melissa Canone

This is the release from the Lafayette Police Chief Jim Craft in regards to an arrest made in Mickey Shunick Case:

The Lafayette Police Department would like to extend its appreciation to the Shunick Family, all of the law enforcement agencies involved in this investigation, countless volunteers, private business entities, and the public that have assisted in the search and continue to be there as this investigation remains ongoing. I must caution all of you that although an arrest has been made in this case, much work remains to be done.
Working with our Federal, State and local partners, the Lafayette Police Department has arrested Brandon Scott Lavergne and charged him with 1st Degree Murder and Aggravated Kidnapping. Lavergne is believed to be responsible for the disappearance of Michaela "Mickey" Shunick.
On May 19th of this year, the Shunick family reported Mickey's disappearance. She had not returned home, missed her brother's graduation from high school, had notified no one of her location, and did not respond to calls made to her cell phone.
On May 25, video evidence was discovered from an LCG facility that captured Mickey on her bike. Several vehicles were observed in the same video and broadcast to the public as vehicles of interest. All of the vehicles of interest were ruled out except for a white Chevrolet Z71 pickup. The driver as well as the vehicle was not ever identified nor did anyone come forward.
On May 26, Mickey's bike was located under the Whiskey Bay Bridge on I-10 with damage to the rear tire consistent with being struck by a vehicle.
On June 14, Investigators received information from a concerned citizen, regarding a white Z71 that may be involved in Mickey's disappearance. The vehicle in question was registered to Brandon Lavergne. Further investigation revealed that the truck was reported stolen in Montgomery County, Texas and later located in San Jacinto County, Texas on May 31st. The truck had been burned just days after police released photographs of the truck as a vehicle of interest.
Based on information and surveillance detectives were able to positively identify the truck that traveled directly behind Mickey in the video as belonging to Brandon Lavergne. Investigators are also able to place Brandon Lavergne in and around the location of where the bicycle was located.
On Thursday, July 5, Louisiana State Police conducted a traffic stop on Lavergne near the intersection of I-10 and I-49. He was arrested on an unrelated warrant and transported to the Lafayette Police Department.
During questioning at Lafayette PD, Lavergne requested an attorney and has refused to cooperate any further with the investigation. At that time, he was additionally charged with the aggravated kidnapping and murder of Mickey Shunick.
This has been a very difficult ordeal for the Shunick Family and we thank them for their continuous cooperation, encouragement, and support in our attempts to determine what happened to Mickey. We want the family to know that we will not rest until we can fully know what happened to her. We continue our efforts to locate and bring Mickey home.
This type of case can overwhelm one agency. A tremendous amount of time, equipment, and resources have been put into this investigation. I would be remiss in my duties if I did not acknowledge and thank all of the agencies and private businesses that have been with us from day one of this case: LPSO, ULPD, Lafayette City Marshal's Office, LSP, SMSO, SLSO, Iberia SO, Iberville SO, East Baton Rouge SO, Acadia SO, Patterson PD, FBI, US Marshal's Service, LSP Crime Lab, Acadian Crime Lab, C & C Technologies, and Holbrook Media. It is these types of partnerships that have made an arrest possible in this matter.
I will take questions at this time but I want to caution you that because the investigation is on-going, there is a lot of information that we will not be able to divulge or discuss.
###

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/#!prettyPhoto

There's a site called TigerDroppings, which is for LSU alumni and football fans. Someone posted there whose sister in law was dating Lavergne. This guy posted a thread, before Mickey was abducted (mid May, I think), asking for advice. Said his SIL was dating this guy who he and the SIL's (and wife's) father felt bad vibes about. SIL was defensive of him and was even discussing marriage to Lavergne. The poster and dad found out about Lavergne being a registered sex offender and his prior conviction. Confronted the SIL who said Lavergne was wrongly convicted and innocent (*sigh*). Mickey gets abducted and the still shots of the white truck are released. Poster realizes Lavergne, who he know is a RSO, drives the same damn truck. Doesn't confirm or deny but gives impression he's calling LE. A week before the arrest went down, says someone is about to be arrested. All of this goes down on a forum! The threads are still there but they deleted all of his posts to protect the case. That poster's name was "Adam4LSU". A second poster there also seemed to have some inside track and his posts were also deleted. I think he indicated there was solid evidence that Mickey was dead. If you Google "Tiger Droppings+Shunick+Adam4LSU" you can find links to two or three threads.

Yesterday the mother of the man accused of kidnapping and murdering UL student Mickey Shunick spoke out and offered her condolences to the entire Shunick family. Now, the mother of 33-year-old Brandon Scott Lavergne reveals via a Facebook post that she adopted Lavergne at birth. Cynthia Lavergne posted this on the KATC-TV 3 Facebook page : “I adopted Brandon at birth to give him the family he deserved,” Cynthia says. “I am not saying this to minimize the relationship with my son. I’m stating this so that no one else has the chance to say or reveal what is rightfully mine to do.”

In addition to this statement, the brother of Brandon Lavergne’s, Joshua Lavergne, stated this on his personal Facebook page: “I would like to say I’m sorry for what the Shunick family has gone through,” he says. “I was and still am one of the many residents of Acadiana that wants to see this young woman brought home…We do not condone anything that has gone on and are in shock that someone we call family would be arrested for such a sick crime.”

Both of these Facebook posts have since been deleted.

http://1079ishot.com/the-brother-of-brandon-scott-lavergne-now-speaks-out-plus-lavergnes-mother-reveals-adoption/

Look at the pic in the link. Is that scar on his neck old or fairly fresh?

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - tlynne - 07-09-2012

(07-09-2012, 04:02 AM)shitstorm Wrote: Look at the pic in the link. Is that scar on his neck old or fairly fresh?

looks pretty fresh to me... it appears to be pretty pink still. according to the discussion on the tigerdroppings website, lavergne also has a bite mark(s) on his hand. sounds to me like mickey put up a hell of a fight... poor girl :(

(07-09-2012, 08:38 AM)tlynne Wrote:
(07-09-2012, 04:02 AM)shitstorm Wrote: Look at the pic in the link. Is that scar on his neck old or fairly fresh?

looks pretty fresh to me... it appears to be pretty pink still. according to the discussion on the tigerdroppings website, lavergne also has a bite mark(s) on his hand. sounds to me like mickey put up a hell of a fight... poor girl :(

It was Websleuths were that stuff about a bite mark and/or scratches on arms came from. As far I can tell, that's unsubstantiated speculation. Sadly, having been knocked off her bike, she may have been already injured and easy to overpower. I hope she bit him, though.

Poor Mickey. So fucked up that anyone meets their end like this.

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - NightOwl - 07-09-2012

shitstorm, do you have any information on this Brandon Larvergne's girlfriend what is her name? where is she located? I read somewhere she was a steady girlfriend for the last 9 months and even marriage was mentioned.

Do you know if he worked on an Oil Rig in Louisiana or Texas or did he work both places on rigs?

Any idea where he parked his truck when he was off shore? any idea of his schedule hours and days and dates on this rig? and time off on shore was it 10 days on duty or 7 days on duty then 10 days off or 7 days off type of thing.

Thanks!

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - Love Child - 07-10-2012

(07-09-2012, 08:38 AM)tlynne Wrote:

I would assume being over a month that perhaps a new scar is from someone or something else-hopefully not another victim, or if so a potential victim that got away.
This case makes me very sad and upset.

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - shitstorm - 07-10-2012

(07-09-2012, 08:35 PM)NightOwl Wrote: shitstorm, do you have any information on this Brandon Larvergne's girlfriend what is her name? where is she located? I read somewhere she was a steady girlfriend for the last 9 months and even marriage was mentioned.

Do you know if he worked on an Oil Rig in Louisiana or Texas or did he work both places on rigs?

Any idea where he parked his truck when he was off shore? any idea of his schedule hours and days and dates on this rig? and time off on shore was it 10 days on duty or 7 days on duty then 10 days off or 7 days off type of thing.

Thanks!

Hey, Owl!

I've been reading at Tiger Droppings, the LSU board. The girlfriend who was discussed there (sister in law of one of the posters) was never named. You know what I know (and what I posted about it).

Dunno where the rig was that he worked on. One of the other Tiger Droppings posters said he briefly worked with Lavergne on a platform called "Mars". Said Lavergne was dumb and couldn't do the job but the boss liked him and got him a job with Wood Group, another oil and gas company. Since he remained at Wood Group, I assume was able to do the job. Some other poster (also at TG, I think) said he worked with him (currently, I believe) and spoke with him for about an hour before leaving the rig. Siad he seemed like an okay guy but he could tell that Lavergne was kind of off. Didn't use that word, "off", but something that indicated (to me, at least) seeming preoccupied, or something along that line. I cannot remember if that took place in the last few weeks (post Mickey's abduction).

Chief Craft (LPD) said Lavergne had been offshore for the two weeks prior to his arrest. I think the shifts are something like two weeks on and two weeks off. Not sure on that, though. Dunno where he parked his truck or left for the Gulf.

New information Monday about accused kidnapper Brandon Lavergne's past. He's charged now with kidnapping and murder in the Mickey Shunick case.

In addition to a sexual assault conviction in Evangeline Parish, he's also accused of domestic abuse by a woman who was his wife for just a year, according to St. Landry Parish Court Records.

The last time Lavergne was sent to jail, his wife was awarded a divorce. Court documents show it was a brief marriage where she was scared for her safety.

Lavergne was married in Natchitoches, it lasted from September 1999 to October 2000. The couple lived in Leesville, at Fort Polk where Lavergne was a soldier.

The ex-wife claimed Lavergne physically abused her, outlining one incident just a few months after they were married in September 1999, where Lavergne allegedly hit her on the head and then tried to smother her. She stated in documents that the attack sent her to the hospital for CT scans.

Then in February of 2000, the ex-wife stated that Lavergne showed up to her work, hit her in the face, grabbed her neck and threw her down. The next day, she filed for divorce and also requested a temporary restraining order and protective orders.

The troubled marriage ended in October of 2000, when a judge granted the divorce. Lavergne was not present for the hearing because he was already in jail, convicted of aggravated oral sexual battery of another woman in Redell.

Lavergne was never convicted of any domestic abuse charges. KATC reached out to his ex-wife on the phone, she declined comment.

Lavergne remains in the Lafayette Parish Jail awaiting a grand jury to determine if they have enough evidence to try him on murder. No bond has been set on his first degree murder charge.

http://www.katc.com/mobile/news/brandon-lavergne-accused-of-domestic-abuse-in-1999-marriage/

Brandon Scott Lavergne will face a grand jury on July 18, charged with aggravated kidnapping and first-degree murder in the disappearance of Mickey Shunick, according to 15th Judicial District Attorney Mike Harson.

Harson responded to questions via email Tuesday morning to confirm the case was on the docket. He said Assistant District Attorney Keith Stoutes will handle the case before the grand jury.

Louisiana State Police arrested Lavergne Thursday afternoon near the intersection on I-10 and I-49 after a routine background check during a traffic stop revealed he had not properly registered as a sex offender. Lafayette Police subsequently took custody of Lavergne and added the capital charges in the Shunick case.

Lavergne has the right to a preliminary examination in which his attorney can subpoena witnesses and compel the prosecution to produce witnesses to show probable cause to sustain the charges, said Kevin Stockstill, a Lafayette attorney who has worked on several murder cases..

If the judge finds insufficient evidence, he could release Lavergne on bond, he said. But if the district attorney takes the case to a grand jury on July 18, Lavergne may not get that preliminary examination before indictments are issued .

"I'd be shocked if they don't present it to the grand jury, if they have their case together," Stockstill said last week.

According to Harson, the case will be heard at 3 p.m.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120710/NEWS01/120710011/BREAKING-NEWS-Lavergne-scheduled-go-grand-jury-July-18?sf5020789=1

Article here about a hairdresser that was about to go on a first date with Lavergne. Also discusses the scar on his neck:

A registered sex offender living in Swords, Lavergne, 33, is accused of kidnapping and killing UL Lafayette student Mickey Shunick, who went missing in May 19 while riding her bike from Ryan Street downtown to her parents’ home near Ambassador Caffery Parkway and Congress Street. Lavergne’s mug shot does show what appears to be a cut to lower right side of his neck, but police are not commenting on whether they believe there was any kind of struggle between Shunick and Lavergne. The St. Landry Parish sex offender database mentions other scars on Lavergne but nothing about a scar on his neck.

http://www.theind.com/news/10922-crowley-hairdresser-lavergne-had-knife-wound-on-neck

Here's the report from the sexual assault in 1999:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/99700480/Brandon-Scott-Lavergne-1999-Arrest-Updated

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - NightOwl - 07-11-2012

Shitstorm, great reporting here! The Story about the hairdresser is very interesting and she had cut his hair only a few times over a 3 year period this all seemed normal to me, she was 37 divorced and he is also. It isn't very normal if you have a steady girlfriend of 9 months and you've bought her lavish gifts. I am beginning to wonder here if there is a girl at all and this tigerdropping guy made it up, something is not right here.
The hairdresser said he went to church and the hairdresser said she also cut his brother Joshua's hair everything seemed very normal, he just left out RSO.

The Police Report on him 1999 is really wild! what do you think? his side of the story is this girl invited him over to her house behind her mother's back, he broke up with this girl's cousin he didn't harm her thank goodness.
He ended up with a 3 tier RSO.

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - shitstorm - 07-11-2012

I think Adam4LSU at TG was completely truthful. He posted about his SIL before thinking this guy abducted Mickey. I don't know about lavish gifts. Where did you get that? Could be that he was looking for more action besides Adam's SIL. I read another link where a another hairdresser said he flirted with her, too. Looking to get laid or someone to murder? Who knows!

He had a daughter with the first wife. She was born when he was in prison and the ex got sole custody. Check this out from page 5:

Brandon Lavergne, when released from prison, sought visitation rights, according to court documents. He claimed in those documents that his ex-wife and his parents brought the child to visit him while he was in prison.

The court ruled in January of 2009 that Louisiana was not the proper venue for his visitation case since the child and her mother have lived several years in Texas.

http://www.dailyworld.com/article/20120711/NEWS01/207110314/Lavergne-go-before-grand-jury?odyssey=nav|head

So, he made several appeals of his conviction while in prison; he tried to have his RSO requirement lifted, and this visitation thing. This guy will never confess or give up Mickey's location. He'll go to trial.

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - tlynne - 07-11-2012

This dude is seriously fucked up in the head. I could barely sleep last night after reading the details of the assault in 1999. Sucks that this guy seems to think he doesnt have to admit to anythinf... we will probably never hear the truth pertaining to what happened to mickey. And what the hell could possess him to hit this innocent girl on her bicycle and abduct her. Cant we go old school and burn this sick bastard at the stake or at least stone him to death? Justice for mickey!!!!

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - NightOwl - 07-11-2012

(07-11-2012, 02:56 AM)shitstorm Wrote: I think Adam4LSU at TG was completely truthful. He posted about his SIL before thinking this guy abducted Mickey. I don't know about lavish gifts. Where did you get that? Could be that he was looking for more action besides Adam's SIL. I read another link where a another hairdresser said he flirted with her, too. Looking to get laid or someone to murder? Who knows!

Adam4LSU put out that information he said Brandon Lavergne was throwing money at his sister in law. Where is Adam4LSU now on "tigerdroppings" all his posts are deleted. We have no proof Brandon Lavergne has a girlfriend he's been seeing for 9 months and he wants to marry her, Adam went on tigerdroppings the same day Mickey's bike was found and started this whole carryon about Lavergne.

Human Rights Watch has an article about US: Sex Offender Laws may do more harm than good.

I am reading Mickey's father seems to think 2 people are involved he must be going on what the PI has been telling him.

Cached copy of Adam4LSU's initial post -

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:P0GpidYS31UJ:www.tigerdroppings.com/mobile/rant/display.aspx%3Fp%3D33718974+adam4lsu+tiger+droppings+sister+in+law&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Looks like he (wrongly) suspected Lavergne was a child predator.

Owl, judging by the threads I've read, I think Adam is legit. The board removed his posts out of concern that something said might taint a jury pool and harm the case.

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - Jimbone - 07-11-2012

Guess who would still be alive today if we dealt with sex offenders the right way?

This is fucking outrageous. And it keeps happening.

Execute these monsters or incarcerate them for life. There is no rehabilitation or saving them.