Mock
Mickey Shunick, murdered. 22, La. vanished riding her bike - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: Mickey Shunick, murdered. 22, La. vanished riding her bike (/thread-8032.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - NightOwl - 07-11-2012

I decided to copy and paste in case it vanishes completely. Mickey's bike was found on 26th May, Adam4LSU starts this question thread on tigerdroppings 26th May the pictures of the White Trucks were released by LE 26th May and Brandon Lavergne reported his truck stolen 26th May
From what I gather Brandon Lavergne served 10 years for his sexual offense.

Need OT advice...again
Posted by Adam4LSU on 526 at 12:42 pm
I won't go into the entire story because it's way too long and none of you will read.

Sister in law dating this dude who we thought had some issues he wasn't telling us. Found out the creep is a tier 3 registered sex offender with the charge of aggravated oral sexual battery. Here's the link to this guy LINK
We confronted her and of course she is all..oh he was innocent and wrongfully charged blah blah blah..shes talking marriage and shite with this dude. Problem is she has 2 small kids. Is there a way to talk to the officer in charge of his case back in 2000' and find out if this charge was from his wife or little girl? His ex wife had all parental rights removed from him and had her daughters last name changed. He is legally prohibited from ever coming in contact with her. He was booked in Evangeline Parish.

I've never had to do shite like this before so I have no clue the 1st step we should take. The last 12 hours has been a shite storm on my wife's side of the family

This post was edited on 526 at 12:46 pm

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - shitstorm - 07-11-2012

The pastor at Northside Assembly of God, which is located in Crowley, says Lavergne first started attending services after he got out of prison.

Lavergne was first introduced to Northside through their prison rehabilitation ministries program, and up until recently, Pastor Singley says Lavergne had not been attending.

However he was at their church service June 4th of this year. Less than a month after Mickey Shunick went missing. Which was right in the middle of the massive search for answers.

"He would come frequently on Sundays and over a period of time, I don't know how long it was, after time, he no longer attended here. We didn't see him."

The church is located right next door to its Northside Christian School, which has raised a few eyebrows from people since Lavergne is a tier 3 sex offender.

But, Pastor Loyd Singley says he knew of Lavergne's past and they worked with his parole officer to make sure he had no contact with children.

http://www.klfy.com/story/18959578/arrest-made-in

WTF is a church doing having a prison program with a school next door?!

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - RJs-Ex - 07-12-2012

(07-11-2012, 11:56 PM)shitstorm Wrote: ...

WTF is a church doing having a prison program with a school next door?!

My thoughts exactly! Talk about inviting trouble...

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - shitstorm - 07-13-2012

We're learning new details of where murder suspect Brandon Lavergne may have been just hours after Mickey Shunick's disappearance. The Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office says they interviewed Lavergne the same day Mickey was kidnapped.

Deputies say they arrived at Oschner Hospital on Jefferson Highway just after 11:00 pm on May 19, 2012 after a man showed up there after being stabbed. The victim, identified as Brandon Lavergne, told police he was attacked outside of a gas station.

They say Lavergne was unsure where the gas station was, so both New Orleans Police and Jefferson Parish deputies interviewed him at the hospital. The deputy who wrote the incident report says Lavergne told them the attack happened at 3:00 pm on May 19th. Lavergne allegedly indicated his GPS wasn't working, and he was driving around in an unknown area, so he stopped at a gas station to ask directions. The report says that's when a white male, with gold teeth, a neck tattoo, wearing a #24 Saints football jersey and a black hat covering most of his face, attacked him without warning. He was stabbed several times in the chest, back, neck, and hand. Lavergne's wallet was also reported stolen, in it was his license and $40. Lavergne then told deputies he drove around until he found the hospital.

The deputy writing the incident report asked Lavergne if he had any recollection of the location, but Lavergne couldn't provide any more information. The deputy questioned him about street names he saw, building shapes, landmarks, or significant structures, but said Lavergne couldn't elaborate on where the attack happened. He allegedly reported that he was in town visiting a friend and he would be returning home when he left the hospital.

The deputy goes on to indicate the more he would question Lavergne about the attack, the less information he began to provide. The medical staff told police his injuries were non-life threatening, so they allowed him to leave the hospital. Police are classifying this as an aggravated battery and theft under $500, with Lavergne being listed as the victim.

Mickey Shunick was last seen 2:00 am riding her bike in Lafayette on May 19, 2012. Brandon Lavergne is being held in jail on a first degree murder charge in connection with her disappearance.

http://www.katc.com/mobile/story.cfm?n=247497

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - NightOwl - 07-13-2012

shitstorm, this was a fascinating piece of news! all these wounds on the same day Mickey Shunick goes missing very strange!

I read some of the comments on katc do you know which hand his finger got nearly cut off? I'm trying to figure out how do you get stabbed in the back, at the side of the neck and in the chest I thought the chest several times yet!

Mr. Shunick thought two people were involved I read, could their be 2? and the one got in a fight with the other over this deal?

Do you think Mickey caused all these wounds?

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - RJs-Ex - 07-13-2012

I'm thinking where ever this happened, it's near where he disposed of Mickey's body, which is why he "can't remember" where it happened. He was, however, able to give a pretty detailed description of his supposed attacker. Also, if this happened at a gas station, wouldn't you go into the gas station after you were attacked and have them call 911? Unless you wanted to cover up where you're at...

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - NightOwl - 07-13-2012

(07-13-2012, 04:18 PM)RJs-Ex Wrote: I'm thinking where ever this happened, it's near where he disposed of Mickey's body, which is why he "can't remember" where it happened. He was, however, able to give a pretty detailed description of his supposed attacker. Also, if this happened at a gas station, wouldn't you go into the gas station after you were attacked and have them call 911? Unless you wanted to cover up where you're at...

It's really crazy! there are so many unanswered questions, what if it was an old run down dump or something a closed place, it is all so bizarre, someone attacked him but, who and what kind of knife? Mickey's mother & father have to be just ill with all this. Brettly the friend he was supposed to meet Mickey to take pictures of the horse 9a.m. ish what happened? why didn't he keep calling Mickey's home or cell phone no one reaches him until much later in the day that's another mystery with him. I'm wondering about this Brandon dude being in a brawl somewhere and this gas station is a ruse I read somewhere about a Bourbon St. brawl. If Mickey did all this knife stabbing she did a hell of a job, I wish I knew which hand had the finger near cut off, if it was the left hand say he grabbed his neck because it got slashed and he got his hand slashed then, I cannot figure out all these stab wounds, so many.

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - shitstorm - 07-14-2012

(07-13-2012, 03:35 PM)NightOwl Wrote: shitstorm, this was a fascinating piece of news! all these wounds on the same day Mickey Shunick goes missing very strange!

I read some of the comments on katc do you know which hand his finger got nearly cut off? I'm trying to figure out how do you get stabbed in the back, at the side of the neck and in the chest I thought the chest several times yet!

Mr. Shunick thought two people were involved I read, could their be 2? and the one got in a fight with the other over this deal?

Do you think Mickey caused all these wounds?

I didn't read any comments, especially about his finger! Do you have a link to that?

A couple of people at Tiger Droppings said they are sure they heard that Mickey carried a box cutter. Perhaps she inflicted those wounds. Another poster who posted about BL seeking treatment in NOLA BEFORE this article came out said this:

He didnt go there to create an alibi.He went there for treatment of a severe but not life threatening injury. The alibi aspect is built on this but that wasnt his primary motive. His motive was not to go to a local hospital that would question his wounds. He received treatment for the injury over a couple weeks here locally.

At this point, I don't think BL had an accomplice.

(07-13-2012, 04:18 PM)RJs-Ex Wrote: I'm thinking where ever this happened, it's near where he disposed of Mickey's body, which is why he "can't remember" where it happened. He was, however, able to give a pretty detailed description of his supposed attacker. Also, if this happened at a gas station, wouldn't you go into the gas station after you were attacked and have them call 911? Unless you wanted to cover up where you're at...

The whole story is bullshit. I think Mickey gave him the wounds and he sought treatment far away from the scene of the crime. No doubt he told the NOLA cops his license was stolen because he didn't want to produce a Lafayette DL, with a sex offender alert on it, when a girl had just gone missing in Lafayette.

Another comment on his getting further treatment in Lafayette:

Its not reported. Patient/doctor privilege. The reason the NOLA incident is public is because of the police report.No police report done here.

Sheriff report from BL at the hospital in NOLA:

http://klfy.images.worldnow.com/images/incoming/JPSOCrimeReport.pdf

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - sharit - 07-15-2012

I have to agree that Mickey was fighting for her life. Poor girl! If she had only hit the Carotid Artery.

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - shitstorm - 07-15-2012

There has been much speculation about what happened May 19. New theories have cropped up with each detail released by the police, and online threads have exploded with observations that snowballed into elaborate rumors.

A perfect example occurred after it was discovered Lavergne sought out medical attention for stab wounds in New Orleans hours after Mickey Shunick's disappearance. Online, one commenter said Mickey Shunick always carried a box cutter.

"I've never seen her with a box cutter," Wilson said.

In fact, Wilson doesn't recall ever seeing Shunick carrying any sort of sharp weapon, although he did not know the contents of her bag that night, he said.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120715/NEWS01/207150335/Finding-Mickey-Shunick-two-months-later?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

There are comments from Mickey's family in there, too.

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - NightOwl - 07-16-2012

Thanks! for above, after reading article I think Tom Shunick could be right about someone waiting 24 hours to dispose of bike they found out about the gold grips. Check out page 5 again Tom Shunick noted dented wheel and broken reflector that Charlie and Mickey had purchased the day before.

Where did the girls purchase that new reflector a bicycle shop?

According to Mickey's family if she got in a truck it would have to be someone she knew.

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - sharit - 07-16-2012

According to Mickey's family if she got in a truck it would have to be someone she knew.
[/quote]

I feel if her bike looks rammed, she was most likely knocked out. She would have shot ahead of the bike, grips in hand and landing on her head. Which i bet is why he torched the truck. Head wounds bleed a lot, big or small. Lots of blood. Probably regained consciousness inside the vehicle. jmo

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - shitstorm - 07-17-2012

Holy shit, you guys, check this out:

When Lafayette police arrested Lavergne, they searched his home in the Swords area of rural St. Landry Parish. Among items taken was an undisclosed number of women’s IDs, according to sources with information of the ongoing investigation.

http://www.theind.com/news/10964-lavergne-linked-to-other-crimes-against-women

And this post from "Interception" at TD:

"Got wind of the IDs the other day. I didn't want to post that rumor but this confirms my source. In the same message it was said that he had a pic of hinself covered in blood on cell phone.

"I wouldn't post that about the phone normally except for the fact the newspaper just confirmed the collection of licenses seized at his home".

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - NightOwl - 07-17-2012

(07-17-2012, 07:39 PM)shitstorm Wrote: Holy shit, you guys, check this out:

When Lafayette police arrested Lavergne, they searched his home in the Swords area of rural St. Landry Parish. Among items taken was an undisclosed number of women’s IDs, according to sources with information of the ongoing investigation.

http://www.theind.com/news/10964-lavergne-linked-to-other-crimes-against-women

And this post from "Interception" at TD:

"Got wind of the IDs the other day. I didn't want to post that rumor but this confirms my source. In the same message it was said that he had a pic of hinself covered in blood on cell phone.

"I wouldn't post that about the phone normally except for the fact the newspaper just confirmed the collection of licenses seized at his home".

I read that newspaper is unreliable and I'm waiting on the Major Net works and papers bringing all this up, people are cooking up stories all over the place, all I know is he drove a white truck and he was in prison for 10 years & he is a RSO. I have no idea if he crashed into Mickey's bike, no idea if she was abducted by him and no idea if she stabbed him to bits, people have gone crazy before all the results DNA evidence is in etc., IMO

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - Miss Conspiracy - 07-18-2012

From the Find Mickey page: Find Mickey Now

Brandon Scott Lavergne was indicted with three counts this evening during the Grand Jury hearing. Two counts of first degree murder for Mickey Shunick and Lisa Pate and one count of aggravated kidnapping for Mickey Shunick. Let's hope that this is a big leap toward bringing our Mickey home. Remember to set a few minutes aside tonight to send Mickey some love and good vibes at 10:00pm.

Lisa Pate???

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - ZEROSPHERES - 07-18-2012

(07-18-2012, 08:10 PM)Miss Conspiracy Wrote: Lisa Pate???

Lavergne was also indicted on first degree murder charge for the death of 34 year old Lisa Pate. Pate was last seen in Lafayette in June of 1999, and according to today's indictment, is believed to have been killed on or around July 3, 1999. Her remains were found in Church Point, LA, in late September of that year.

http://www.wafb.com/story/19059091/brandon-scott-lavergne

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - Jezreel - 07-18-2012

Wow he was young when he murdered that girl. Wonder how they connected him to that, police kept that one quiet. I wonder how many other girls he may have done the same to, hard to believe he would wait 13 years to commit another murder.