Mock
IS ROMANCE SCARY ? - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Discussions, Opinions & Debate (https://mockforums.net/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: IS ROMANCE SCARY ? (/thread-82.html)

Pages: 1 2

- Duchess - 10-19-2009

Do men find the idea of being romantic scary ?...I'm simply wondering why some men find that to be such a difficult subject to talk about...I have questions about what men think about it & I can never get any dialog going with my guy friends...WTF is up with that ?

- The Antagonist - 10-19-2009

Your guy friends are afraid to sound like weenies. ::dunno::

- Duchess - 10-19-2009

You're prolly right...Anyway, I've come to the conclusion that all that matters to men is the end result...I'm just seriously curious as to why it seems like such a taboo subject, ranking right up there with women & their periods...Hahaha

- D - 10-19-2009

I have no problem with either of those subjects. I like romance. I'm a cuddler and not ashamed to admit it Smiley_emoticons_wink

As for women and periods... Is it that time for you? I'm so sorry.

- Middle Finger - 10-19-2009

I think, for many guys, it's because there is an instinctive sense that you are giving up a part of manhood when you give up the hunting and acquisition game for "romance." You are now out of your hunting prime, so to speak. So, a lot of guys use women, don't want to get married, cheat like dogs, work to have threesomes, be a player, impress, pick up, etc. instead of going for romance first.

- SyberBitch - 10-19-2009

I think most guys just think that 'romance' is a 'sissy' subject, because it involves making yourself vulnerable to someone. By being 'afraid' to drop their defenses and risk getting hurt, they are actually being more of a wuss than they would by being 'brave' and opening up to the relationship.

- Duchess - 10-19-2009

After seeing something, a person told me that if women were more aggressively romantic the world would be a happier place so, when the guys were here to watch football I tried to get them to talk about their thoughts on romance & they really didn't even want to "go there"...I'm just very surprised by that for some unexplainable reason.

- Lady Cop - 10-19-2009

my man was soooooo romantic! 109he wrote beautiful poetry to me, and gave me movies like "4 weddings and a funeral" and "love actually" and liked to cuddle up and watch them together. he'd read Shakespeare to me with his elegant accent. we went dancing in the moonlight many times.and he was ALL man, not a sissy! he was a paratrooper in the British army and saw a lot of combat. he gave me the wings from his uniform to wear on my uniform. he was sensitive and heartfelt and not afraid to share all that with me.

i've been ruined for any other man ever. i have hundreds of love letters from him that are enough to last me for life.

- SyberBitch - 10-19-2009

jackboots Wrote:my man was soooooo romantic! 109he wrote beautiful poetry to me, and gave me movies like "4 weddings and a funeral" and "love actually" and liked to cuddle up and watch them together. he'd read Shakespeare to me with his elegant accent. we went dancing in the moonlight many times.and he was ALL man, not a sissy! he was a paratrooper in the British army and saw a lot of combat. he gave me the wings from his uniform to wear on my uniform. he was sensitive and heartfelt and not afraid to share all that with me.

i've been ruined for any other man ever. i have hundreds of love letters from him that are enough to last me for life.
That's what I'm talking about... men have this 'idea' (or excuse) that being romantic makes them a sissy, but the 'real men' are capable of being romantic, and opening up that side of themselves, without sacrificing any of their manhood. I think it boils down to guys who are very secure in their sexuality.

- D - 10-19-2009

I write poetry, and you can ask anyone who has read any that its either romantic or dark, and sometimes both Smiley_emoticons_razz

- Duchess - 10-20-2009

Oh, D...I'm so afraid for you now...Do you have any idea what some of the others are gonna do with that statement.

- crash - 10-20-2009

Duchess Wrote:I've come to the conclusion that all that matters to men is the end result...

I think it has a lot to do with immaturity and insecurity. Don't get me wrong, the end result is great, but when you know how, the build up is much more fun...

And defining romance is like defining love... It means different things to different people. Romance doesn't always have to be flowers, poetry and pening doors for her. I think it's more about when you take the time and consideration to do something for her that will make her feel special, that you could normally just let slide. That may be anything from flowers and chocolates to bending her over the breakfast table to spank her bare ass because she cheekily made your eggs too hard. It's all in the interpretation....::bigg::

- Duchess - 10-20-2009

crash Wrote:bending her over the breakfast table to spank her bare ass because she cheekily made your eggs too hard.
::bravo::

- LuMPyPussy - 10-20-2009

Yeah, I'm not really getting this. "Romance" could be something as simple as taking a walk, spontaneously picking a flower and handing it to her with a little kiss.

How can that make anyone nervous just to discuss?

- Duchess - 10-20-2009

LuMPyPussy Wrote:How can that make anyone nervous just to discuss?
I have no idea & it's the very reason I started this thread.

- LuMPyPussy - 10-20-2009

Maybe my definition of romance is different. *shrug*

- Middle Finger - 10-20-2009

D Wrote:I write poetry, and you can ask anyone who has read any that its either romantic or dark, and sometimes both Smiley_emoticons_razz

Figures ... you don't like blow jobs, which is just how I expect a poetry fag to be.

- D - 10-20-2009

Duchess Wrote:Oh, D...I'm so afraid for you now...Do you have any idea what some of the others are gonna do with that statement.
I'm not worried about it. Let the insecure bitches say whatever they want. I write song lyrics too. And since I'll be published as soon as I meet the minimum size requirements I'll keep on writing poetry too Smiley_emoticons_wink

As for the crybaby bitches who think that makes me less of a man I'll just continue to smirk whenever they think they're being clever by ragging on me for this and go right back to writing. 42

- D - 10-20-2009

Middle Finger Wrote:
D Wrote:I write poetry, and you can ask anyone who has read any that its either romantic or dark, and sometimes both Smiley_emoticons_razz

Figures ... you don't like blow jobs, which is just how I expect a poetry fag to be.
Frank, I think you've gone dumb. That or you missed when I posted that I finally had a BJ I enjoyed. Seems the women around here who commented that I'd just never been given one by someone who knew what they were doing was right. So yeah. Go back to your body pillow and stop having brain farts in public.

- Middle Finger - 10-20-2009

D, I'm so glad you finally learned how to enjoy a blowjob like a man. Perhaps if you hadn't been so busy hanging out with fags in poetry clubs between writing lyrics like a homo, you wouldn't have had to suffer through "disliking blowjobs."