Mock
Living in the past? - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: Living in the past? (/thread-8398.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: Living in the past? - HairOfTheDog - 03-18-2013

(03-18-2013, 12:21 AM)BlueTiki Wrote: Love me some Jeff "Skunk" Baxter!

He's smooth. Great song and video.

Just looked up his hometown (DC); had no idea that he now chairs a Congressional Advisory Board on missile defense. Multi-talented guy.

RE: Living in the past? - BlueTiki - 03-26-2013

Couldn't sleep so I went for a run at 4:00 AM, plugged in and this oldie popped up:

But I gotta tell you . . . I love this cover by Noa.

I wasn't familiar with her until a few years ago when I was given tickets to her concert.

After hearing her interpretation that evening, this song now resonates on a whole different plane.

RE: Living in the past? - HairOfTheDog - 03-26-2013

I like Noa's take on the song; first time to hear her.

I've been in a Joe Walsh mood lately.

P.s. Just noticed when I pulled this video that he did a session at Daryl's House; checking that one out later.

RE: Living in the past? - Maggot - 03-26-2013

Very Framptonish. Joe is a weird guy but he makes a great Eagle. I liked the James gang also.

RE: Living in the past? - HairOfTheDog - 03-26-2013

Joe Walsh is weird, weird looking, and I've always loved him. He makes me smile and he's a sharp dresser!

Did ya know he toured with Tiki's boyfriend Skunk Baxter back in 90? It's true. They were "The Best". Also on board, Keith Emerson and John Entwistle on bass.

RE: Living in the past? - HairOfTheDog - 04-02-2013

RE: Living in the past? - Duchess - 04-02-2013

Yay! I like Skynyrd a lot!

RE: Living in the past? - HairOfTheDog - 04-08-2013

(04-02-2013, 12:08 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Yay! I like Skynyrd a lot!

We used this thread as a soundtrack last night; lots of good stuff in here (yawning this morning).

Funny to see Bill Cosby way back when, introducing Steely Dan.

RE: Living in the past? - BlueTiki - 04-08-2013

I went an grabbed me sum Carolina pulled pork, coleslaw, sweet bread 'n a cold beer . . . just to watch this ol' favorite, last nite!

If you appreciate music and musicians, this is a must see (and hear).

All for the love of music . . .

RE: Living in the past? - HairOfTheDog - 04-10-2013

(04-08-2013, 12:17 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: If you appreciate music and musicians, this is a must see (and hear).

All for the love of music . . .

Great documentary; saw it 8 or 9 years ago at the Red Vic. Now I really wanna watch it again

I always liked Joan Osborne, more so after seeing the film and hearing her with the Funk Brothers.

RE: Living in the past? - BlueTiki - 04-10-2013

(04-10-2013, 11:17 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Always liked Joan Osborne, more so after seeing the film and hearing her with the Funk Brothers.

Hahaha!

My brother fell in love with her after seeing this flic!

(Or maybe it was because Linda put on the pounds?)

^ I understand your brother's love. Joan Osborne is a really soulful lady.

She can belt out any genre; always looks and sounds like she's totally feeling it.

This is the song that I relish most from her first major release.

RE: Living in the past? - BlueTiki - 04-10-2013

HotD . . . you pick winners . . . everytime!

Susan Tedeschi is one of my favorite live performers. First caught her act at Winter Park, CO during a KBCO Summer Music Festival.

This cut has a lil' bit o' Robben Ford flavor:

And then there's Lucinda . . .

Jesus, Lucinda's unreal. Haven't listened to her in a while. Gotta change that. 109

I was more familiar with Tedeschi's husband than I was with her until last year when Ma and Donovan recommended her in another thread. After checking out several of her live videos, went right out and bought her debut CD (no vinyl, darn it). Her old stuff is great; the Tedeschi Trucks Band is unbelievably good too.

Speaking of soulful ladies, here's one my all time favorites. Bonnie Raitt with the late great John Lee Hooker. Magic when they performed together.

MS, guessing that you got over your teenage fear of easy women in elevators.

Either way, your story had me playing this song in my mind today.

RE: Living in the past? - HairOfTheDog - 04-12-2013

RE: Living in the past? - HairOfTheDog - 04-28-2013

RE: Living in the past? - Duchess - 04-28-2013

Respect-applause

RE: Living in the past? - HairOfTheDog - 05-02-2013

This oldie is running through my head while I watch the defendant shaking her head and fake crying as all of her lies are called out at trial today.

RE: Living in the past? - Maggot - 05-02-2013

I'm scared. Scared of what will come next........