Mock
Living in the past? - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: Living in the past? (/thread-8398.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: Living in the past? - Duchess - 11-02-2013

This is just an observation - you & Hot D are very compatible. I noticed that a long time ago.

RE: Living in the past? - Spomd - 11-02-2013

Living in the past? Here's one!

RE: Living in the past? - Maggot - 11-03-2013

(11-02-2013, 08:11 PM)Duchess Wrote:

This is just an observation - you & Hot D are very compatible. I noticed that a long time ago.

She sure knows good music and like magic can relate a song with just about any conversation and can kick my ass in any rock & roll contest. She reminds me how the music used to make me smile. But I knew if I had my chance, I could make those people dance and maybe they'd be happy for awhile. Just like her.

RE: Living in the past? - HairOfTheDog - 11-03-2013

Dr. M: wee-eee-oooh...

Can't get any better than that, evah.

RE: Living in the past? - HairOfTheDog - 11-15-2013

Friday with Joe...

RE: Living in the past? - Duchess - 11-15-2013

(11-03-2013, 09:57 AM)Maggot Wrote: She sure knows good music and like magic can relate a song with just about any conversation and can kick my ass in any rock & roll contest. She reminds me how the music used to make me smile. But I knew if I had my chance, I could make those people dance and maybe they'd be happy for awhile. Just like her.

You have the coolest way with words, Maggottyboo.

RE: Living in the past? - HairOfTheDog - 11-17-2013

(11-15-2013, 05:54 PM)Duchess Wrote: You have the coolest way with words, Maggottyboo.

He sure does. 109

It's really sunny but cold here today. I'm stuck in the office trying to catch up on administrative tasks while the bf and son are golfing and the niece is at the wharf. Assholes!

Ah well, the office is a street-front with tinted windows, I can see out but no one can see in - it could be worse.

But, back to Maggot. He is a wonderful wickedly weird wordsmith, for sure.

This songs reminds me of him. "Words", Neil Young (with the words, even).

RE: Living in the past? - BlueTiki - 11-18-2013

Thinking of HotD.

It was the "Pick-up" verse, while I was listening to the song, that made my mind wander.

And "No."

It ain't a lezzie thing.

That's for Dono and Dono, alone.

RE: Living in the past? - HairOfTheDog - 11-19-2013

Missing you around here, Tiki, you big lez! Smiley_emoticons_wink

Been spending some time at Daryl's House again - think I've seen almost every jam session now - not a disappointing one in the mix. Kinda fallen in love with Daryl in the process...

Love this tribute to T-Bone Wolk, a great bassist he was.

Adub hasn't been around much lately; but think she'll like this one if she checks in. I think she said somewhere upthread that this song was one of her favorites or one of her mom's?

THE WEIGHT

I just like listening and watching Daryl sing this one:
MISS YOU

RE: Living in the past? - BlueTiki - 11-19-2013

Jaco Pastorius and Stanley Clark are two genius bassists, IMO.

Here's a number, with Jaco, I always listened to when driving the winding road up to Snow Bowl to ski. It was my pre-slope ritual.

And Joni Mitchell loved Jaco, too. This one always haunted me.

"And the power of reason
And the flowers of deep feeling
Seem to serve me
Only to deceive me"

Time to get my "butch" on, hitch a trailer and rescue an ATV from a repair shop.

RE: Living in the past? - crash - 11-21-2013

This be at home, rainy day, surround sound turned right up, sitting at the computer working music..

Nothing, nothing sounds like vinyl..

RE: Living in the past? - Maggot - 11-21-2013

There is a big resurgence in vinyl here. I love records and bought a couple record players for cheap over the summer. I must have 200 records and listen to them tons.

RE: Living in the past? - Adub - 11-21-2013

I still play my records. Or, should I call them my vinyls.

Jesus Fucking Christ I love this Guy. Just can't get enough of him.

RE: Living in the past? - HairOfTheDog - 11-22-2013

"Nothing But Flowers" is one of my favorite Talking Heads songs.

Really like this live version by Byrne and Thomas Dolby (and a string quartet).

David Byrne sounds as good as ever (I like the grey, too).

P.s. It would be fun to listen to records (or "vinyls" or whatever you wanna call them) with the posters on this page; rotating selections after every couple tracks. Probably a number of dupes between all of our collections, but I think Tiki and crash would have a lot of good stuff that I don't own, and vice versa.

RE: Living in the past? - crash - 11-22-2013

(11-21-2013, 11:22 PM)Adub Wrote: I still play my records. Or, should I call them my vinyls.

Either or. They are recorded on vinyl.

RE: Living in the past? - HairOfTheDog - 11-23-2013

Front-men who blow, perfectly

If you wanna rock n roll... Bon Scott on bagpipes

Cross-eyed and floating - Ian Anderson on flute

Pleasing an amazing Hooker - Van Morrison on harmonica

RE: Living in the past? - HairOfTheDog - 11-27-2013

RIP Chico Hamilton (92), cool jazz pioneer/drummer

RE: Living in the past? - HairOfTheDog - 11-28-2013

(11-22-2012, 01:47 PM)F.U. Dont ask again Wrote: I dont know if any of the radio stations still play this old song, but I remember when it was tradition to hear them play this song every Thanksgiving. With a play time of 23 minutes its a long one.

Released in 1967 here is "Alice's Restaurant Massacree" , hope you enjoy.

(11-22-2012, 02:17 PM)Maggot Wrote: I just listened to Alices resturant 10 min ago, its tradition around here.

Happy Thanksgiving, F.U. and Dr. M.

I've dusted off the album and it's gonna get some play after I wake the girls up. Let the eyerolls commence! Smiley_emoticons_hurra3

It's not Thanksgiving day without it.