Mock
Living in the past? - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: Living in the past? (/thread-8398.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: Living in the past? - Midwest Spy - 02-02-2016

Listening to Fleetwood Mac's 'Sara'.

Rumours has it , Stevie wrote it about the daughter she would have had with Don Henley, but instead she aborted her.

HotD, maybe you can post?

RE: Living in the past? - HairOfTheDog - 02-02-2016

Sara (1979)

This is my favorite Fleetwood Mac song, of the ones with Stevie Nicks on lead vocals -- Gold Dust Woman (1981)

RE: Living in the past? - Maggot - 02-02-2016

I like that Cake song you can always tell its them.

RE: Living in the past? - Midwest Spy - 02-02-2016

Thanks HotD!

RE: Living in the past? - Midwest Spy - 02-26-2016

Just heard 4 songs on my local Oldies station that I haven't heard in a long time:

Blue Morning, Blue Day- Foreigner
Desert Moon- Dennis DeYoung
Diamonds and Pearls- Prince
Dirty Work- Steely Dan

RE: Living in the past? - Donovan - 02-26-2016

I ever tell you Lou Gramm lives in my town? He goes to the doctor's office I and several of my clients use, we see him frequently. Does a lot of local events too. He's still got some pipes...

RE: Living in the past? - Maggot - 02-26-2016

The new guy that Foreigner uses can hit the highs but Lou is better.

RE: Living in the past? - Donovan - 02-26-2016

By a mile. He goes on local radio all the time and talks about the beef that broke up Foreigner, but the guy doesn't have a bitter bone in his body, they can't really get him to say much bad about Mick Jones even though they fucked him,pretty good.

RE: Living in the past? - Maggot - 02-26-2016

(01-21-2016, 12:05 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I've always liked that song, Maggot.

It has a kind of hallow feel to it, even though the lyrics, the voice and the music are rich.

I feel lucky, lucky to have HOTD around.

Crap! Lucky man by ELP was supposed to play................Crap!

RE: Living in the past? - HairOfTheDog - 02-27-2016

(02-26-2016, 06:40 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Dirty Work- Steely Dan

I don't think there's anything Fagen and/or Becker has ever done that I didn't really like. I haven't heard 'Dirty Work' in a long time either. Great song.

'Do It Again' is another great one I haven't heard in a while.

(02-26-2016, 09:59 PM)Maggot Wrote: Crap! Lucky man by ELP was supposed to play................Crap!

Smiley_emoticons_wink Freudian slip.

You've got me listening to (and loving) ELP again, Dr. M.

Returning the favor with some classic ELO...

RE: Living in the past? - Donovan - 02-27-2016

When I was young and sharing a room with my baby brother, we had this game where we'd name the artist, song, and sometimes album from whatever songs came on the radio while we went to sleep at night. It was a fun game with the two rules being that 1) we had to alternate between artist and song title, and 2) you could snake your opponent by jumping ahead and blurting out a song title for example so he had to come up with the band.

Why does this matter? Because one night while playing we had three or four songs in a row neither of us had any clue about, and all three sounded vaguely like Emerson Lake and Palmer. So we kept blaming the unknown songs on them until it became a running gag. Don't know a song? Gotta be ELP. Did it for years. Them fuckers had the biggest playlist in musical history. Even now, when my GF or somebody asks me who did a certain song, I can't help but answer, "fuckifiknow, ELP?"

I think I'm starting to see why no one understands me.

My niece sorta does the same thing to me, Donovan.

If I'm playing old James Taylor, or Jackson Browne, or Elton John...when she walks in, 9 times outta 10 she'll plop down and say, "Jim Croce, right?" I think she's messing with me, but she might be serious. Hard to tell.

If I'm playing Bob Dylan or Zappa, on the other hand, she just looks at me like "why?" and keeps on walking.

Haha kids have no appreciation for the classics. Although I had to admit a certain satisfaction the day my teenager came over and raided my CD collection because he and his friends discovered how good that music was. Just wish he hadn't stolen all my best cd's...

RE: Living in the past? - Midwest Spy - 02-27-2016

My 22 year old blames me (and hates me) for knowing the words to every 80's song.

RE: Living in the past? - FAHQTOO - 02-27-2016

(02-27-2016, 01:59 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: My 22 year old blames me (and hates me) for knowing the words to every 80's song.

My 27 and 28 yr olds feel the same.

When they start to complain next time, just look sadly at them and say, "Do you really want to huuurt meeee, do you really want to MAKE me cry?"

(02-27-2016, 02:25 PM)Donovan Wrote: When they start to complain next time, just look sadly at them and say, "Do you really want to huuurt meeee, do you really want to MAKE me cry?"

lol

Have you watched The Wedding Singer?

Oh yeah, one of Sandler's better efforts.

(02-27-2016, 03:36 PM)Donovan Wrote: Oh yeah, one of Sandler's better efforts.

Yep, and his band-mate always sings Boy George.